** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby World Cup 2007 - Official Thread

Re: Rugby World Cup 2007 - Official Thread Down 3.38pts for tournament so last shake of the dice on the final (all odds Centrebet). 0.25pt Dropgoal 1st stoppage @ 51.00 1pt Dropgoal last scoring play either side @ 6.00 2.5pt SA leading at halftime @ 1.55 2pt 1st half highest scoring @ 2.25 0.75pt draw 1/2 or fulltime @ 11.00 GLA Cheers CK

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby World Cup 2007 - Official Thread I think this will be a game too far for our boys and can't really see past South Africa. I'm not a big rugby fan but have had a few bets that seem to have some chance of returning my money: 2pts England (+8.5pts) @ 2.12 1pt Wilkinson under 9.5pts @ 2.2 1pt Habana 1st try @ 9.4 1pt SA try 1st scoring play @ 6.8

Re: Rugby World Cup 2007 - Official Thread 15-6. Seven penalty goals. FFS, rugby was not meant to be played this way. One team totally bereft of ideas with kicking their only option. The other, whilst at least trying to play for field position ran out of ideas. Hopefully, the introduction of the Stellenbosch Rules next year will encourage and assist teams to run more with the ball, forwards not sideways. Congratulations to South Africa, and to England which at least made the Final. That the Southern Hemisphere teams have won 5 of the 6 RWCs may encourage the Northerners to reappraise how they play the game. Thank you to all fellow punters on this site. It's been an enjoyable and entertaining RWC - thank God for the Pacific Islanders and Argentina (and a reasonably profitable one). :clap Roll on 2011!

Re: Rugby World Cup 2007 - Official Thread

I know it was a world cup final but fook me how boring is rugby union. I was past caring by the 2nd half. The Leeds V Saints grand final was 10X more exciting. :zzz
It is because of this that it would have been a travesty had england won today, glad the right team won it.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2007 - Official Thread Really enjoyed the tension and commitment in the first half but was finding myself getting bored in the second half. Not a great game for neutrals or casual union observers but that's world cup finals football (in any code it seems). Managed to claw back to -1.5pts but really could have done with that late JW droppie going over. Cheers all CK

Re: Rugby World Cup 2007 - Official Thread Well, not the greatest final in the end but it was unlikely to be a classic with the two teams involved, don't think I have seen an entertaining World Cup final but was still a fantastic experience to be present at one. Best moment for me was when, just before the South Africans were to be presented with the trophy, a guy in an England shirt just strolled out of the crowd, walked up to the Trophy, picked it up and kissed it before the stewards knew what was going on! Not sure if it made it on to TV but hopefully will make its way onto Youtube at some point - bloody hilarious! Despite the final I think this has been the best WC ever, and hopefully the game will continue to grow over the next four years. On the betting front, I've ended up just shy of 60pts up after Clerc was top tryscorer for France and Fourie and Giteau tied for places, which is better than I could have hope for. Seems like nearly everyone else has been in profit with some great winners on this thread over the last few months. It's been very enjoyable contributing and I look forward to trying to make some more money on the rugby over the rest of the season.:ok

Re: Rugby World Cup 2007 - Official Thread

seeing as he hasn't posted it I think the final word should go to Wumpking with his 12/1 winner on the Boks :clap
Cheers 2hcb. Apart from my long term picks, it wasn't a good RWC betting wise for me. The Boks winning saved my bacon somewhat!