** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League

Re: Champions League

looks like a very poor call by me - Sorry if anybody followed it :$:$:$
You reckon? It was 7/1, they lasted to nearly half time at 0-0. It was hardly likely to come in too often, had a bit of value imo. If anyone followed it expecting BATE to run out as more likely to win they have the problem. Reckon it was a decent punt myself, certainly had some value in it.

Re: Champions League

Adding: Soccer - Kaunas - spread pk (+117) for the regulation time held on Jul 17 at 1:30pm [pending] Could have had this for +0.5 but terrible odds. Kaunas is experienced in CL competition (two years ago they scored a 4-2 victory away in their first game before getting knocked out by Liverpool in the 2nd round) and in first place in Lithuania, with one loss in eight road games (3-4-1) and two losses total for the year (20 games). Zeta was 16-0-1 at home last season; their last game was May 26.
Shite. 2-0 and a man down. Not my finest hour today.

Re: Champions League Linfield ends 0-0. I think thats everyone on here annoyed, no one layed either or backed the draw. Alan Mannus puts on another all star show by all accounts, and thats not a surprise to me. Linfield had some good moments also. Still happy with the bet I took of Linfield to win @ 7.4 , ah well. Everyone seems a loser on this.

Re: Champions League What a miserable farking day. Talked myself out of Cork -1 and Murata +2.5, went 0-3 with my horrid picks. Something to keep in mind for Wednesday (more Champions League) and Thursday (UEFA Cup qualifying, first round)...The big favorites today on the road: Tampere Utd, -2.5, over 3.5...FT 2-1 (90th minute winner) Dinamo Zagreb, -2, over 3...FT 1-1 Elfsborg, -1, over 2.5...FT 0-0

Re: Champions League Apoel eventually won by 2-0! I was at the game, and it could have been really much more than that. They didn't create a decent chance throughout the 90 minutes. They were really bad, especially given the fact that they had already palyed 13 games. If the next game is of value, then you should take APOEL to beat them away as well. Nuno Morais and Kapsis at the back didn't make a mistake throughout the game.

Re: Champions League Marsaxlokk - Sarajevo: Sarajevo to win, 1,39 at betfair For those looking for low odds bets, Sarajevo away to Marsaxlokk might be worth closer attention. While most bookies are around 1,25 for Sarajevo to win, I took the away win at 1,39 with betfair. There is no point discussing the difference in quality of the leagues. In addition to coming from a weaker league, I read elsewhere that Marsaxlokk have lost a few players since last season. I don’t know if Sarajevo are going for the win or for “a good result”, but 1,39 is worth a shot.

Re: Champions League Hi, I will take two bets in game between DerryCity and Pyunik Jerevan:

"Time of first goal" @ "31st minute or later" 2.20 Expekt, 8/10

"Away team to score" @ "NO" 2.10 Expekt, 8/10

Armenian side arrived to Ireland with group from 19 players and among them 4 players are from Argentina, 1 from Cameron and 8 international players. I don't know how good these foreigners are, but I'm impressing with their internationals, as Armenia's national team beat Poland by 1-0 and the only scorer is from Pyunik. Take a look at them: 3 defenders and 2 midfield players in 11 start-up line

DEF Sarkis Hovsepian (Pyunik's captain)

DEF Robert Arzumanyan

DEF Aleksandr Tadevosyan

MID Karlen Mkrtchyan

MID Hamlet Mkhitaryan (goal scorer)

MID Levon Pachajyan (sub)

MID Rafael Nazaryan (non-used sub)

Their coach Armen Gjulbudaghjants have good and bad news, as they solve problem with their goalkeeper Gevorg Kasparyan, who will participate in the game (Bogodar Lopes from Argentina will be the second goal-keeper), but Hamlet Mkhitaryan will not take part in the meeting because he is injured. On other side Derry City have full squad (except central midfielder Greg O'Halloran), as they will be boosted by the return of (MID) Killian Brennan, (MID) Pat McCourt and (DEF) Ken Oman, whose all have recovered from injuries.

I think that, the winner in this tie will not be determinate in the first leg yet. Most important thing for both sides will be to take a positive result from the first game and it's mean to try to make a clean sheet. I expect both teams to start the game with a lot of attention in defense, prevent to concede a goal, keep the ball and not allow to the opponent to make their games. These minds give me a good feeling about my bet - "Time of first goal". Other factor is that Pyunik's coach is inexperience and this tie will be his first real test as coach. He has been appointing as a coach, late in the May 2007. And here I can see a big advantage for Derry. John Robertson has much more experience as player and as a coach (as Heart's player he won Scottish Cup in 1998, as Hearts' head coach reached two cup semi-finals and a good season in Europe as well as finishing 5th in the league in 2005). If Derry can take a lead and/or not to concede at the Brandywell, then they will have a good chance of progress to next round in the Champions League.

Good luck to all :hope:hope:hope

Re: Champions League Return leg - 24th July FC Zhenis Astana vs Olimpi Rustavi (Astana at 2.05 with Eurobet). We stand in front of 2 very unkown teams. First leg ended scoreless (0-0), even if both teams have had a couple of chances to move the match, now, in the return leg, Astani will have the home ground advantage and I think it will be a factor to value, considering the heat so balanced. Astana, directly from Kazakhstan, is not one of the best team of their league, but standing at the last european results of the other co-country teams, then Astani must be taken carefull for a round of this low level. They have some good players as Bulatov and Arsen Tlehugov in first XI to start and I think they can reach the only goal usefull to get through the round. Olimpi, from Georgia, has not left big sound in the last local tournament and, in the first leg, they were been worry more to don't suffer goals, counting to play a carefull the return leg in away, searching to score to have hopes to advance. All in all I guess it's a match very open to any result: I go for the home narrow win.