** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League

Re: Champions League

Lenkoran-D.Zahreb 1x=3.28?? APOEL-Bate B.x2=2.53??
Lenkoran - Dinamo 2 = 1.35 Apoel - BATE 1 = 1.40 ????!!!!! So,what it means?! This thread is pure rubbish if we don`t give some explanations,infos,thoughts for picks... My pick for today: Linfield - Elfsborg UNDER 2.75 (1.81) @ 10Bet Home team is well known for playing low-scoring games, beside that they will be without their top-scorer.On the other side,Elfsborg will be satisfied with goaless draw,so I expect tough game without many goal chances.

Re: Champions League Hi, I am from Cyprus and i don't usually post anything i jsut thought i could give you a little background on the game of APOEL and then you decide the outcome (since i may be biased, i am an APOEL fanatic!!). Apoel has just finished the preparations and all of the names that we bought this year will not feature in this game. This can be both good and bad!! it is always bad when players like Nuno Morais (from Chelsea), Ze Carlos (Sp. Braga) and Emerson (AEK athens) will not feature, yet on the other hand the team will be the same as last year so that'a a good think. Now in all the pre-games we bearly managed to score, and that is why we bought Ze Carlos (not featuring today). On the other hand we barely concede as well. Today we will have 10,000 people in the stadium, against a team who is first in the Belarussian league but with lower standards. We have great players in the team such as Kapsis (greece national team) and Fernandez (champions league with Porto) but the only thing we are missing is games! I see a small victory here 1-0,2-0 (or 1-1,2-1). Hopefully though we can win. If we had several games this would be a definite banker!!! Hope i have helped.

Re: Champions League I like the over 2.5 goals market in the Kahzar Lenkoran - Dinamo game, however I am going to wait a little closer to kick off time. Kahzar are used to attacking football after dominating the Azerbaijani league last season. In the last 8 games of the season they scored 23 goals, 13 in their last 4 home games. They should see today as their chance, and give Dinamo an open game. Dinamo are one of the few quality sides in at this stage, and they should still run out winners. The doubts I have is over their team selection, if the likes of Šokota and Modrić are starting, then I don't think they'll miss Eduardo too much against this type of opposition.

Re: Champions League thanks for the info Mavros2 however im jumping on BATE today.. Apoel have just finished their warm up for this with 5 friendly matches in Bulgaria and Austria. They won only once and drew one other, losing three. As Mavros2 says, they are also without a few of their new players. Bate are on fire at the moment and are in the middle of their domestic league in Belarus. BATE have won 11 of their 13 games, losing 2 and are currently 8 points clear of second placed Minsk who were one of the teams to beat them. They have scored 35 goals so far and look to have their own domestic league wrapped up already. Although Apoel have played 5 games already, the fact that these were friendlies and their season has not begun suggests to me that this game is ripe for a big price winner.. Bate are 4.7 at WBX but a very very attractive 8.0 at betfair...:eek:eek:eek:eek Ive just snapped their hands off....!!! BATE BORISOV @ 8.0 Betfair

Re: Champions League I agree that the value is huge, but nevertheless the difference between the two teams is huge. There is also a 50% change that Nuno Morais will be featuring who adds great value at the back as well. I am almost certain that we will score, so if you fancy Bate to win, it must be something like 1-2, or 2-3 or 1-3 which doesn't seem very likely. Moreover all the goals in their league came from their 2 forwards, which is already known to our coach, so he will give great attention to that.

I agree that the value is huge' date=' but nevertheless the difference between the two teams is huge. There is also a 50% change that Nuno Morais will be featuring who adds great value at the back as well. I am almost certain that we will score, so if you fancy Bate to win, it must be something like 1-2, or 2-3 or 1-3 which doesn't seem very likely. Moreover all the goals in their league came from their 2 forwards, which is already known to our coach, so he will give great attention to that.[/quote'] I simply feel that Apoel are not ready for this one yet... The scoring issue will be one that could be interesting. Apoel dont score much and quiet a few of their games seem to be played right down the middle. Im only going from reports mind you as I have not seen them live for a long time. At 8.0, Im hoping that I get a good run for my money here and that Apoel dont score in the first minute :lol:lol

Re: Champions League I like Elfsborg to win in away at 1.67 (Blue Square). Linfield Belfast vs Elfsborg Boras First leg of 1st preliminar CHL round. Linfield will face at Belfast the actual champions of Allsvenkan and they will not start surely as favourite team cause many factors. Linfield has not an impressive european record: last season they were been defeate, at the first round too, from Gorica, loosing by 1-3 at home and taking an away draw in the return leg. The same happened 2 seasons before just against a sweden team (UEFA qualify): they lost from Halmstad. To consider also that the league has not started yet in Northern Ireland: they played so far a good Setanta Cup tournament and, after that, only 2 soft friendly games against Wales's clubs. Tonight they will miss Oran Kearney, Conor Downey and Glenn Ferguson. Elfsborg is standing in the full Allsvenskan tournament: they are leading the table, despite some trouble match, but they have shown to be very solid always on the road, where, in the last 4 perfomances, they lost against GAIS and Halmstad, but they won also in hard grounds as Hammarby and AIK Stockolm. They will start with full squad for this match, leaded by the forward Ishizaki, in good shape in the last days, more the new comer Fredrik Berglund (from FC Kopenhagen). On the paper Elfsborg is more comlete than the hosts and has many solutions to close the game, more to add that they are already involved in their league. The hosts can opposite the usual pride of northern ireland's teams, but I think they should pay their back state under fit condition.

I like the over 2.5 goals market in the Kahzar Lenkoran - Dinamo game, however I am going to wait a little closer to kick off time. Kahzar are used to attacking football after dominating the Azerbaijani league last season. In the last 8 games of the season they scored 23 goals, 13 in their last 4 home games. They should see today as their chance, and give Dinamo an open game. Dinamo are one of the few quality sides in at this stage, and they should still run out winners. The doubts I have is over their team selection, if the likes of Å okota and Modri? are starting, then I don't think they'll miss Eduardo too much against this type of opposition.
I took the over 3 last night, it was the only line available to me...I see the game the same way, GL!

Re: Champions League My book is not offering odds on straight wins, handicap only. So I have hesitated on Elfsborg (evens, -1) and on BATE (+1, -119). My feeling is that BATE should be able to nick a draw, and should want the draw on away before heading home for the second leg. The odds aren't good but I feel like +2.5, -154 for Murata is pretty good...how often does any Finnish team beat anyone by 3 goals?

I still think Elsborg -1 at evens is a decent price. Is that AH or EH?
I'm not familiar with the AH and EH terminology that well...but at -1, a one-goal win is a push (you get your money back). I don't think my book has half-back options or anything like that. At my old book, pinnacle, the lines might be -0.5/-1, where a one-goal win would be a half-win, half-push. My book now just offers the -1 and juices the hell out of most lines.

Re: Champions League First round is always a bit of a crapshoot, but I'll jump in. Soccer - Khazar Lenkoran/Dinamo Zagreb - total Over 3 (-110) for the regulation time held on Jul 17 at 11:00am [pending] As noted above, the Azerbaijan champions score like crazy: a 26-8 differential in 12 home games last season. Croatia's champions are a huge step up for them, but here's the biggest reason for this bet: Dinamo's record in 2006 was 30-2-1 with an 84-22 goal differential. Yes, they scored 2.5 goals a game in their league last season. Moreoever, they only had one league game go under 3 all spring. Khazar will have to attack to have any chance, and we all know what that means. Soccer - Elfsborg - spread -1 (+100) for the regulation time held on Jul 17 at 1:45pm [pending] Okay, why not? Elsborg has a few things going for it. As someone has already said, they're in the middle of their season, so one would think they're match fit, while Linfield hasn't played a league game since their league ended in May. Away they're 4-1-3 in Sweden, not great but presentable. Linfield's recent Cup adventures: lost at home by 1-3 to Gorica (2006) and by 0-1 to HJK (2004); gained a 0-0 draw at home against Torpedo Kutaisi (2001). Knocked out in first round in all three.

Re: Champions League Adding: Soccer - Kaunas - spread pk (+117) for the regulation time held on Jul 17 at 1:30pm [pending] Could have had this for +0.5 but terrible odds. Kaunas is experienced in CL competition (two years ago they scored a 4-2 victory away in their first game before getting knocked out by Liverpool in the 2nd round) and in first place in Lithuania, with one loss in eight road games (3-4-1) and two losses total for the year (20 games). Zeta was 16-0-1 at home last season; their last game was May 26.

Re: Champions League Linfield vs Elfsborg The prices on this surprise me a little. On betfair the visitors have dropped to just 1.58 and I really don't think thats great value. Irish League clubs are nothing short of terrible in Europe, but Linfield are a little different to most (many of the players on there books are now professionals). Although still terrible in Europe. The Linfield price is drifting into a pretty decent nibble imo, up to 7.4 now and I am interested. But I wouldn't stake much on them anyway. It is a very wreckless move to put any decent amount on an Irish League side in Europe. 2 years ago they progressed against a Swedish side in Europe, although they progressed after only drawing at home. If the weather that Larne is getting right now moves up to Belfast it will cause extra havoc, but Belfast is clear right now. There is a river running down my street at the moment though:unsure The bet for me though, at small stakes, Linfield to win @7.4.