** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Multi Accumulator for Saturday (2 bets of 4 x 4 x 4 x 4)

Guest boytractor

Guest boytractor

Selections for Saturday. (I'm putting up 2 bets today) Bet 1. 1.05 Wetherby Glacial Evening/Ireland's Eye/Just The Jobe/Border Star 1.45 Lingfield Zarzu/Dancing Mystery/Law Breaker/No Time 2.25 Sandown Puntal/See You Sometime/One Nation/L'Aventure 4.05 Sandown Log On Intersky/Harvis/St Pirran/Wouldn't You Agree 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 = 256 win bets @ £25.60 Bet 2. 1.05 Wetherby Glacial Evening/Ireland's Eye/Just The Jobe/Border Star 2.20 Lingfield Baawrah/Always Flying/Sabbaag/Skidmark 3.25 Lingfield Cold Turkey/Barry Island/Gig Harbor/Lygeton Lad 4.05 Sandown Log On Intersky/Harvis/St Pirran/Wouldn't You Agree 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 = 256 win bets @ £25.60

Re: Multi Accumulator for Saturday (2 bets of 4 x 4 x 4 x 4) excuse my stupidity never bet on horses just footy but after all the races have been run and youve bet on all horses to win does that mean that out of 512 bets thats in your accum there's only one line that will win

Guest boytractor

Expected returns As you rightly say, odds are the factor. Providing average odds of 3/1 for each winner stakes returned on win part. Better than that, anything upto approx £1500. Personally, not an ew backer but once again, totally dependent on odds. 81 successful place lines if 1,2,3 in each of the 4 races plus the 1 win line.

Guest ralphie7

Re: Expected returns Hi Andrew 3/1 6/4 13/2 thought you had us home and dry today with the last race only 9 runners and 4 running for us. unlucky or what ralphie

Guest boytractor

Results Results for Saturday Race 1 1st @ 3/1 Race 2 2nd @ 3/1, 3rd @ 7/1 Race 3 2nd @ 6/1 Race 4 Lost Race 1 1st @ 3/1 Race 2 1st @ 6/4 Race 3 1st @ 13/2, 2nd @ 6/1, 3rd @ Evens Race 4 Lost Just need a bit of patience and it will pay dividends.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Results Hi, On the Friday thread I put in some small input & asked if anyone had any thoughts, its still the last post. I'll ask a couple of questions, if one of the 4 selections in the 4.05 at Sandown had won, using the SPs how much would have been returned & how much profit would there be on the days outlay of £51.20? Rio.

Guest boytractor

Response to questions Rio, apologies for not answering your previous post which I have copied here. "Evening, Just a little input, I've used this sort of bet myself & I can see where your coming from, However ( & I dare say your aware of this ) but nobody is forcing you to do 4x4x4x4, theres nothing to stop you ( or anybody ) doing 2x3x1x4 or whatever you wish. More importantly in these tax free days theres no need to keep this type of bet to one day or to place it all at once on one day ( not the same thing ) if you wish. Thoughts anyone? Rio. " I agree there is nothing stopping you from deviating from my 4x4x4x4. The reason I stick with this is because it is where I have had the most success. Regarding placing the bet - as I'm at work all day, I have to place it all at once. I do understand what you are saying though. I don't want to get into the habit of "what if" regarding returns. If you wish to do this yourself, the following link will assist : www.tractorboy.co.uk/Page...ulator.asp I'm not into the place side of things personally so the above link will not assist you - win only. However, the following link will let you calculate the EW side of things: www.asgm21.dsl.pipex.com/permcalc.htm When I started posting the bet, as well as showing my own method/selections, it was to make others aware of the benefits of "perming". So far, no big wins have occurred but rest assured, it is only a matter of time. I will continue to post my selections until this happens - primarily to show others the benefits. Good luck and thanks to your interest.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Response to questions Hi boytractor, Thanks for the reply. With regard to the questions I asked I already knew the answers but I've had a look at your calculator & very good it is too. The questions were aimed more at some of the other contributors on this thread who may be new to this sort of betting, as I have said I have used this form of betting myself but never to try for 4 timers, mainly doubles & the odd treble. However I wish you luck. Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Response to questions ralphie, I take it from the ??? :loon that you are wondering what the hell I'm on about? I've asked a couple of questions, no one has answered so I will. 3 winners at 3/1, 6/4 & 13/2, at 10p stakes this means that each of the 4 runners in the last leg have £7.50 on them. If the 13/8 shot had won this returns £19.69, the stake for the day was £51.20, a loss of £31.51. The 11/2 would have netted £48.75, a loss of £2.45 on the bet. If the 14/1 shot wins it returns £112.50, which is £61.30 up on stakes, a single bet of £51.20 at 6/5 returns £112.64 for finding 1 winner, not 4 no matter how many you have running for you in the race. The 33/1 shot returns £255, a profit of £203.80 on stakes. The question was asked what if you have more than 4 races in a day? I prefer to ask what if you don't? Do you scrabble around looking for another race if you can only find 3? There is much more to this form of betting, we are only scratching the surface. All the best, Rio.

Guest ralphie7

Re: Response to questions Hi Rio I couldn't understand why you asked the questions when you already knew the answers. if i had spent time replying to your questions only to be told you already knew the answers i would just wonder where you were coming from. Tractorboy has done me a favour posting on here. i assured him he wouldn't get any @#%$ on P.L. unlike other boards. all i ask is give the guy a chance. thanks mate :ok ralphie

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Response to questions Hi ralphie, Its not my intention to dish out any @#%$ to your mate or anybody else for that matter, as I said the questions were aimed more at others in an attempt to stimulate the discussion, I apologize if I have ruffled anyones feathers. This forum has improved immensely in the past few weeks, good threads from yourself, bowles, emmemms & others, plus the arrival of beamer & Seen now have me looking in here before any of the other forums. It is clear that we have several contributors with much to offer, others such as herpowner admit to being novices at the horse racing game & have asked good questions in the attempt to learn. Nothing would please me more than for boytractor to land a big win. Can I suggest though that a running total of wins to bets & returns to stakes is established as in other threads. Cheers, Rio.

Guest ralphie7

Re: Response to questions Hi Rio I class you and all the guys on here ( and ladies ) as mates. and hope I always will. Andrew hasn't said anything to me about this. I just couldn't see why you wanted him to reply to questions you already knew the answer to. the only contact off this board I have had with Andrew is when I asked him by email to post on Punters Lounge. I thought his posts would create a lot of interest. There is a lot of good stuff on here now. Its busier than I have ever known it. long may it last. I will get them in Rio :cheers ralphie.