** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pop Quiz (part XXVIII) - Call or Fold?

robilaruk

Pop Quiz (part XXVIII) - Call or Fold?  

1. 1.

• Call you are short stacked and need the chips
    • Fold and hope Hudoy busts or just shove junk next hand if he wins

the blinds have just gone to 300/600 whilst we are playing this hand - I have 1970 after posting the SB As soon as is saw my cards I said to myself All In/call Mikos's raise, then this happened Mikos is LAAG and has been all game, and he keeps raising the button every hand, Hudoy had been fairly tight whats my play? Damo 200.00/400.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 07 July 2007 17:24:01 STT $50 NL (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: Petibatya (5230.00) Seat 6: hudoy2006 (3040.00) Seat 9: Mikos (9560.00) Seat 10: robilaruk (2170.00) robilaruk post SB 200.00 Petibatya post BB 400.00 ** Deal ** robilaruk [Kd, Qd] *** Bet Round 1 *** hudoy2006 All-in 3040.00 Mikos Call 3040.00 Hero???????

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXVIII) - Call or Fold? it's a terrible situation since mikos is probably calling with trash and the other guy (pushing from the cutoff!!)will double up, but I don't think calling will make it any better. fold and hope that mikos wins. You might also get a good hand next hand but don't call this :).

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXVIII) - Call or Fold? It's a fold for me - too early to be risking it with so few players left. Survival the key interest here - lose, and you're out. KQs looks good before the flop, but rarely looks good after it, and you are probably behind to at least one of the hands.

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXVIII) - Call or Fold? I have 2 more hands after this one before I pay 600 in the BB still too early? Damo

It's a fold for me - too early to be risking it with so few players left. Survival the key interest here - lose, and you're out. KQs looks good before the flop, but rarely looks good after it, and you are probably behind to at least one of the hands.

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXVIII) - Call or Fold?

Against 2 opponents KQ is almost certain to be behind and likely to be dominated so i'd have to fold.
Mikos is LAAG and plays anything (he called a 3K AI from the other big stack on the turn with nothing but a gutshot straight draw, which he hit and why he has all the chips) - the other guy in on the BB next hand at 600, so he too is desperate and his shoving range is fairly big. if I fold here and hudoy wins I am likely to be shoving next hand with ATC - so is that a better play than calling here? would be interested to know peoples thoughts, shove with (potential) junk or call with not such junk Damo

Definitely .... I'd rather be shoving with nothing than calling two all ins with KQ for a number of levels yet....
I am starting to think folks are not reading this correctly :unsure the blinds have gone to 300/600 during this hand and I have 2K in chips - there are no more levels to play through and wait for a better holding/better position. I am AI in the next two hands before the 600 BB hits me. So shoving ATC next hand (assuming Hudoy wins) is a better play than calling here? am wondering because if Hudy doubles up he has 6600 or so, and Mikos also has about 6K so if I shove the button it only costs Hudoy another 1400 out of 6K to call a pot of about 3K, and if I wait until I am UTG I have the three big stacks to go through (including LAAG mikos who will call with ATC for another 1400). I thought this was a really difficult decision, but maybe I am thinking about it too much? Cheers Damo

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXVIII) - Call or Fold? I think it's good to think too much but I think there is a chance that hudoy will lose here, and there is a chance that he'll win this one and you'll survive next hand pushing atc that are possibly not dominated. Both chances are more than your KQ holding up against two players.

Re: Pop Quiz (part XXVIII) - Call or Fold? Thanks Aimar - a nice reasoned argument Cheers Damo

I think it's good to think too much but I think there is a chance that hudoy will lose here' date=' and there is a chance that he'll win this one and you'll survive next hand pushing atc that are possibly not dominated. Both chances are more than your KQ holding up against two players.[/quote']

Damo's theory is correct for me' date=' I'd be shoving them no problem.[/quote'] cheers MC - really tricky I think to know what is best, fold and hope Hudoy busts, or call and :hope LOL Damo