** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WSOP Main Event

GaF

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WSOP Main Event I'm only at 22,600. I played really poorly in the 1st level, and after I got bluffed off a pot with AK I tilted a bit. I was down to 8,000, and ended up getting myself all in with pocket 10's against pocket aces. A couple of 10's on the flop was nice to see! After that I started playing better, and was up to 26,000 half an hour before the dinner break when my table was broken up. A few hands in and I got AK again, and after I missed the flop the guy raised 10,000 into a 3,000 pot. I didn't know anything about him at the time but I'm pretty sure he had nothing, though it wasn't worth the risk. 10 minutes later after seeing the way he was playing I'd have gone all in, he was a maniac. Then just before the dinner break I get AK again and get called. Flop brings an ace and I raise 3/4 the pot, and the guy is calling me before I've even had chance to throw the chips in. Turn comes and the guy ends up convincing me he has two pair. He goes all in, and after alot of thinking I fold. He had AJ (no J on board), so I'm bluffed off AK for a third time! That put me down to 13,000, and then after I'm moved table a while after lunch more bad play by me (involving AK again) I go as low as 6,000. Before I get moved yet again, I get pocket Jacks after someone had already raised. Big stack then pushes all in (other player got out the way) and he had Aces. No help flop or turn and as I'm about to get up from my seat the river is a Jack. The last level was at a new table, which was alot of fun. I didn't get any major hands, but I played pretty well to claw my way back to above my starting stack.

Re: WSOP Main Event Nelly Eliminated It's not so hot in herre after Nelly busted out. He had less than 10K left when he moved all in on a flop of kc.gif4h.gif2h.gif. He held kh.gif9c.gif. His opponent showed 4d.gif2d.gif. The turn was the 2c.gif and the river was the 4d.gif. Nelly's hand did not improve and he headed to the rail.

Re: WSOP Main Event Phil Ivey Doubles Up That's one of the scariest phrases in the poker universe, even this early on. Ivey and three other players saw a 7h.gif7s.gifqd.gif flop and after the big blind checked Ivey bet 500. One player folded, one player called, and then the big blind check-raised to 1,500. Ivey then popped it up to 4,500, the player stuck in the middle got out of the way, and the big blind called Phil's bet. The 2s.gif hit on the turn and the big blind check-called Ivey's 8,000 bet. And he also chose to call when the 8h.gif fell on the river and Ivey moved in for his last 10,875. Phil then turned over pocket Queens for the flopped full house and doubled his stack to 54,000.

Re: WSOP Main Event Phil Ivey Has Been Eliminated After his stack was whittled down to around 35,000, Phil Ivey came over the top for all his chips after a kh.gif8c.gifac.gif flop. His opponent called and showed ah.gif8h.gif for two pair, while Ivey had a flush draw with qc.gif9c.gif. The 3h.gif and 6s.gif on the turn and river didn't complete Ivey's flush and one of the most feared players in the game has been eliminated.

Re: WSOP Main Event Mike Matusow Has Been Eliminated Down to his last 10,000, Mike "The Mouth" Matusow moved all in from the small blind after the player in the cutoff raised to 1,200. The other player called and flipped over pocket jacks, which had Matusow's pocket threes crushed. Despite a desperate cry of "Put a three out there!" from someone in the crowd, the board ran out qd.gif2h.gif9s.gif10c.gif10h.gif and Matusow's Main Event was at an end.

Re: WSOP Main Event Andy Bloch Has Been Eliminated A player in middle position raised to 1,200 and Bloch, holding kh.gifks.gif, raised to 4,000. The other player called and Bloch made a set on the 3h.gifkd.gif9d.gif flop. Both players checked, and on the turn came a card that Bloch will probably see in his nightmares, the jd.gif. His opponent checked, and when Bloch bet out for 5,000 the other player moved in for 7,000 more. Bloch called and found that his opponent held the da.gif10d.gif and had indeed made a flush. The 4d.gif on the river didn't pair the board and Bloch's day was brought to an end.

Re: WSOP Main Event Shannon Elizabeth Eliminated On a flop of Q-J-10, Shannon Elizabeth was all in with K-K. Her opponent flipped over Q-J for two pair. She still had outs with an open-ended straight draw. Unfortunately, she missed her draw and headed to the rail. "At least I went out with Pocket Kings," the 'American Pie' star said with a smile as ESPN cameras followed her out the door.

Re: WSOP Main Event Mr. Peanut vs. Mike "The Mouth" Matusow: Round 1 Mike "The Mouth" Matusow was playing tight poker for most of the afternoon. That is, until Mr. Peanut walked by the Bluff feature table where Mike is seated. Mike motioned to Mr. Peanut to approach the table. Upon approach, Mike jumped out of his seat and tried to wrestle Mr. Peanut to the ground. Mr. Peanut survived the sneak attack, and barely got away from Mike's clutches. After moving to the rail, Mr. Peanut began making gestures around his stomach, motioning that he won the tiff thanks to Mike's weight. Winner of Round 1: Mr. Peanut We'll keep you updated as the fight continues. "The Mouth" vs. Mr. Peanut: Round 2 After Mr. Peanut left Mike "The Mouth" Matusow's table area, the entire table began making jokes at Mike over the fight. "What's the matter, Mike? Don't like the nuts?" "He started it with me," Mike responded. "Everyone here saw it. He actually punched me when I tried to grab him." After the tournament staff moved T.J. Cloutier to Mike's table, Mike said, "TJ! You missed it! I just tackled Mr. Peanut! I don't know how I couldn't take him down..." Winner of Round 2: Mr. Peanut

Re: WSOP Main Event

OK then, my fairly predictable 3 to make the final table are - Phil Ivey, Carlos Mortensen, Andy Black. I expect GaF top advise that they have all been knocked out already :(
So, 2 out of 3 of my picks didn't make it past day 1 - any news on smiley Carlos? And is anybody else going to make a rash guess at the winner?

Re: WSOP Main Event 8 minutes ago Early and Unofficial Numbers The early (and unofficial) number of entrants today is 1,772, but registration will be open for another half hour. That sets the tentative total number of players at 6,347 or so -- more than in 2005, but less than in 2006. Given the conditions of the post-UIGEA poker world, that's a pretty impressive number.

Re: WSOP Main Event

I play again tomorrow. I've got an hour to find a hand to double up with before things get a bit desperate I reckon.
Do you have a table number yet? Or do you find that out tomorrow?