** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WSOP Main Event

GaF

Re: WSOP Main Event

0 minutes ago The Second Bust Out of Day 1b One player raises, and gets four callers. Five players see a flop of K-Q-4 with two spades. The original raiser bets 1,000, another player raises to 3,500, and the raiser calls. (The other three players fold.) The turn card is the 9s.gif, putting three spades on the board. Unfortunately, we don't know how the action went on the turn. The river card pairs the board with another Q, so the board is K-Q-4-9-Q with three spades. There's a lot of potential on that board. On the river, both players get all their money in the pot. The original raiser excitedly says, "Top pair" and shows K-J offsuit. He has two pair, kings and queens, with a jack kicker. The other player says, "Full house," and shows 4-4 for fours full of queens. The player with K-J missed being the first bustout by about a minute.
spacer.gif
3 minutes ago Notables in the Field Talk-show host Montel Williams is playing today, along with the woman who gave birth to 2006 Main Event Champion Jamie Gold-- his mom Jane.
spacer.gif
5 minutes ago Pros Playing Day 1B So far we've spotted Erik Seidel, Charlie Shoten, Tony G, Kirk Morrison, "Action" Bob Hwang, Vicky Coren, Scott Fischman, Juha Helppi, Marc Karam, Jeffrey Lisandro, Barny Boatman, Hoyt Corkins, Matt Matros, Allyn Jaffrey Shulman, Wendeen Eolis, Noah Boeken, Sam Grizzle, Evelyn Ng, Shirley Williams, Davidson Matthew and Scott Clements.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WSOP Main Event am assuming he is a magyar? HAHAHAHAHAHA KJ??????? HAHAHAHAHAHA womble Damo

0 minutes ago The Second Bust Out of Day 1b . The original raiser excitedly says, "Top pair" and shows K-J offsuit. He has two pair, kings and queens, with a jack kicker. The other player says, "Full house," and shows 4-4 for fours full of queens. The player with K-J missed being the first bustout by about a minute.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Re: WSOP Main Event 2 minutes ago Tony G Likes Pocket Deuces On a flop of As.gif4h.gif2h.gif. Tony G checked and his opponent bet 1,200. TOny G check-raised to 3,000. His opponent called. The turn was the Jh.gif. Tony G fired out 4,000 and his opponent called. The river was the 9s.gif and TOny G moved all in for his last 8,500. His opponent went into the tank for a few minutes before Tony G called a clok on him. His opponent called. Tony G showed 2s.gif2c.gif for a set. His opponent mucked. Tony G doubled up and increased his stack to 33K.

Re: WSOP Main Event Don't want to steal your thunder GaF but i really can't believe some of the play: Mike Wattel Eliminated Flop: 7c.gif4c.gif2c.gif After a huge pot was built preflop and on the flop, Mike Wattel pushed all-in after the turn was the 6s.gif. His opponent called and Mike said, "Well, I've got two aces," and turned over pocket rockets. His opponent, surprised by the strength of his hand, sighed heavily as he turned over Ac.gifJh.gif. Unfortuantly for Mike, the river was the 9c.gif, giving his opponent the nut flush. Ouch!! :loon Must be well gutting to go out to crap like that.

is our 1% playing yet gaf?
No idea mate - completely forgot :loon 25 minutes ago Simon 'Aces' Trumper Survives Quad Jacks With the board showing Js.gif9d.gif6h.gifJh.gif on the turn, a player bets 5,000, and Simon 'Aces' Trumper calls. The river card is the Kh.gif, and the first player bets 7,000. Trumper thinks for a bit, saying, "There's only one hand that beats me here." He thinks a little longer, and simply calls, leaving himself 2,000 in chips as he shows Kc.gifKs.gif for top full house on the river. Most people would have put their last 2,000 in the pot there, but Trumper's read was correct, as his opponent shows Jc.gifJd.gif for quad jacks. Trumper is down to 2,000, but most players in his situation would already be headed for the exit.

im home now' date=' no need to panic!:ok[/quote'] ffs wish you were gone a bit longer i aint missed you :loon :loon :tongue2 :tongue2 :tongue2 seriously mate good to have you back :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

Re: WSOP Main Event Another legend is out: 9 minutes ago Barny Boatman Eliminated This hand occurred late in the last level. After a flop of Ah.gifQh.gif3s.gif, Barny Boatman is all in with As.gifKd.gif. His opponent shows Ad.gifKh.gif, and they both have top pair, top kicker. But his opponent is freerolling on a runner-runner heart flush, and the turn card is the Jh.gif. Anything but a heart is a chop, while a heart would send Boatman home in one of the most frustrating ways possible. The river card is the 2h.gif. Barny Boatman is eliminated in an A-K offsuit vs. A-K offsuit situation.

Re: WSOP Main Event Overacting Can Invoke the Wrath of the Poker Gods An early position player raises, Roland De Wolfe reraises 1,800 more from middle position, and the first player thinks for a moment. He holds his cards out as if he is about to muck, and asks De Wolfe, "Will you show me your hand?" De Wolfe says he will. The other player says, "Show me one card," and De Wolfe says he will, but only after the other player folds. The first player apparently changes his mind, and says, "All in." De Wolfe calls, showing 10d.gif10s.gif. His opponent shows ah.gifas.gif, and it was all a bit hollywood routine to entice action from De Wolfe. But the poker gods did not think kindly of his actions. The board came qc.gif10h.gif9h.gifkh.gif9c.gif, and De Wolfe cracks the aces with a full house, tens full of nines, busting the other player. Roland De Wolfe is up to 50,000 in chips, and he's smiling.

Re: WSOP Main Event I was just about to put that hand up myself morlspin :ok :lol:lol Very cheeky against mr De Wolfe but i love these kind of moments at the tables - the chat is a big part of poker, but he got his ass nailed - think i might try it though ;) (No idea about the previous post)

Re: WSOP Main Event The Ultimate Roller-Coaster OK, get a load of this hand. Think your hands only get sucked out/re-sucked on the internet? Well it happens in the Main Event too. Michael Lindermeyer moved all in on a flop of Qc.gifJc.gif8h.gif holding J-J and his opponent called with A-K. When the 10d.gif hit on the turn, his opponent jumped out of his chair as he made a straight. However, the 8s.gif fell on the river, pairing the board and giving Lindermeyer the winning full house. Lindermeyer is up to 33,000 and is still catching his breath after that roller-coaster ride of emotions.

Re: WSOP Main Event Day 1b Eliminations In case you are tuning in late, here's a list of some of today's eliminations: Isabelle Mercier Marc Karam Kathy Liebert Scott Fischman Norm Macdonald Allyn Jaffrey Shulman Jennifer Harman Jeff Lisandro David Bach Justin Bonomo Dan Nassif David "Chino" Rheem Raja Kattamuri Dan Shak Paul Sexton Annie Duke Simon "Aces" Trumper Howard Lederer Scott Clements Robert Cheung David Williams Steve Wong Bob Bright Jason Holbrook Sam Farha Davidson Matthew Aaron Kanter Patrick Bruel Kevin "BeL0WaB0Ve" Saul Barny Boatman Sam Grizzle Mads Wissing Andersen Mike Wattel John Juanda Brett Richey Vanessa Selbst

Re: WSOP Main Event Just interesting to know... David Singer Eliminated, Not Without Controversy On a flop of ks.gif7s.gif4d.gif and facing a bet of 3,000 from a late-position player David Singer moved all from the button for 9,450. Here's where the hand gets interesting. As David's opponent was contemplating his decision his cell phone rang -- he removed it from his pocket, glanced at it and turned it off. Singer said nothing at first but made a motion to the dealer. Then his opponent said "I'll just pay you off, I'll call." At this point Singer said, "His hand should be dead," and requested a ruling from the floorperson. When the floorperson heard the situation she called for the Tournament Director to make a ruling. After a re-enactment of exactly how the player touched his phone, the Tournament Director ruled that his hand was not dead and he would be allowed to play. Singer then requested a higher ruling, saying, "I have a drawing hand here and I obviously don't want him to be allowed to call." This request was denied and the players' hands were tabled, with Singer showing4s.gif5s.gif for bottom pair and a flush draw and his opponent holding kd.gifjd.gif for top pair. The turn 10h.gif and river 8d.gif did not help Singer and he has been eliminated. As he left the table he was asking for a refund, saying, "Ever since I have been here, I have been told that if you touch your phone during a hand then your hand is dead." At this point we don't know if that request will be considered but we do know that David Singer will not be playing Day Two of the Main Event, and he's not happy about it.

Re: WSOP Main Event Seidel Eliminated A short-stacked Erik Seidel moved all in with ks.gif5h.gif and was called by an opponent who tabled pocket sixes. The board came js.gif8c.gif8s.gif5h.gif6d.gif, which left Seidel bidding adieu to the 2007 WSOP, and a successful one at that.

Re: WSOP Main Event Definitely fixed :tongue2 Superhero Superheroes can stop bullets right? Well "Johnny World" Hennigan has proved that he has more than just a superhero name when he cracked his opponent's aces just prior to the break. All in preflop, Hennigan held qs.gifqd.gif while his opponent held ah.gifda.gif. The jd.gif6d.gif7c.gif flop was no help, nor was the turn jh.gif. However, in the nick of time, on the river, the superhero caught the qc.gif to eliminate his opponent.

Re: WSOP Main Event de Wolfe Makes a Big Laydown Before the Break On a board showing 5d.gif2h.gif4c.gifks.gif, with approximately 20,000 already in the pot, Roland de Wolfe's opponent in the small blind made it 5,000 to go; de Wolfe called instantly. Going into the river, de Wolfe had about 35,000 behind, while his opponent sat with just 6,300. The last card off the deck was the jd.gif and the small blind immediately moved all in for his last 6,300. At this point, Roland paused and asked his opponent, "What do you think I have?" His opponent stayed quiet and shortly after, Roland folded pocket fives face-up on the table, revealing that he'd made top set on the flop. After the hand was over, Roland politely interrogated his opponent for any information he could get as to whether or not he'd made the correct laydown, but his opponent wouldn't budge. "The whole hand didn't really seem right," Roland told me after the hand. "6,000 was a lot of my stack and I was looking for a better spot." Note: Roland busted the same opponent not even a half an hour after this hand took place, getting the better end of a coinflip situation.

Re: WSOP Main Event A Quiet End to the WSOP For Erik Seidel. Or Was It? Erik Seidel busted out of the Main Event about an hour ago when he was short-stacked and made a stand with K-5 offsuit. He couldn't overcome his opponent's pocket sixes. It was a quiet end to a quiet WSOP for Seidel, who through the first 53 events had earned a paltry $20,558 with four cashes. But just ten hours before the Main Event began on Friday, Erik Seidel did something extraordinary. He won his eighth WSOP bracelet in Event #54 ($5,000 No-Limit 2-7 Draw Lowball). Eight bracelets. That puts him alone in fifth place on the all-time list, behind Phil Hellmuth, Johnny Chan, Doyle Brunson, and Johnny Moss. All four of those men are in the WSOP Hall of Fame. Even more amazing than the eight bracelets is the fact that so few people are even aware of it. Two days later, even some of the top players are surprised when they hear the news. "Eight bracelets? When did that happen?" When Doyle Brunson was eliminated from the Main Event on Day 1a, there was an announcement over the loudspeaker. Players and fans applauded as the Babe Ruth of our game exited from the biggest event of the year. When Allen Cunningham won his fifth WSOP bracelet early in the Series, ESPN was there asking him when he would reach the magic number (at the time) of ten. When Phil Hellmuth won his record-setting eleventh bracelet, even the sequestered Bluff tent couldn't contain him. Even though his victory didn't come on the ESPN table, there was a special ceremony on the ESPN stage where Johnny Chan and Doyle Brunson presented him with the historic bracelet. When Erik Seidel won his eighth bracelet, there was ... nothing. A few photographers, a few hardy spectators, and me, who had just reported every single hand from his final table. There was no commissioner, no video camera, and no bracelet ceremony. (Unless you count the TD handing him the bracelet and saying, "Here's your bracelet, Erik.") In an era when some players become famous for their self-promotion, crazy antics, or rude trash talk, it's refreshing to watch Seidel quietly go about his business under the radar. Eight bracelets. That's three more than Ivey and Cunningham, and five more than Negreanu. He may not be as young as they are, but he still has a very long career ahead him. Ten bracelets for Seidel is not a question of if, it's a question of when, and how soon. Congratulations, Erik Seidel, on quietly pursuing history.

Just interesting to know... David Singer Eliminated, Not Without Controversy On a flop of ks.gif7s.gif4d.gif and facing a bet of 3,000 from a late-position player David Singer moved all from the button for 9,450. Here's where the hand gets interesting. As David's opponent was contemplating his decision his cell phone rang -- he removed it from his pocket, glanced at it and turned it off. Singer said nothing at first but made a motion to the dealer. Then his opponent said "I'll just pay you off, I'll call." At this point Singer said, "His hand should be dead," and requested a ruling from the floorperson. When the floorperson heard the situation she called for the Tournament Director to make a ruling. After a re-enactment of exactly how the player touched his phone, the Tournament Director ruled that his hand was not dead and he would be allowed to play. Singer then requested a higher ruling, saying, "I have a drawing hand here and I obviously don't want him to be allowed to call." This request was denied and the players' hands were tabled, with Singer showing4s.gif5s.gif for bottom pair and a flush draw and his opponent holding kd.gifjd.gif for top pair. The turn 10h.gif and river 8d.gif did not help Singer and he has been eliminated. As he left the table he was asking for a refund, saying, "Ever since I have been here, I have been told that if you touch your phone during a hand then your hand is dead." At this point we don't know if that request will be considered but we do know that David Singer will not be playing Day Two of the Main Event, and he's not happy about it.
Details Regarding the Singer Investigation (Information provided by Chris Hanel of ExpertInsight.net) Steve Frezer, the lead floor supervisor here at the WSOP, confirmed the results of the investigation into David Singer's elimination from the tournament. Surveillance cameras confirmed that, A) the player in question did not look at his phone, and B) his only action was to silence the phone's ringer and quickly put it back into his pocket. The tournament staff then took the investigation one step further, and temporarily confiscated the man's phone to test whether or not it was possible for him to receive a text message, by the way in which he handled his phone. The additional test concluded that the man would have had to press three buttons in order to receive a text message. Based on the results of the investigation, the tournament staff is standing by their ruling. Singer, who has since left the premises, is still planning to consult the Nevada Gaming Commission regarding the ruling.

Marc Goodwin ends up all-in with TT vs John Duthie's AA vs another player's AA vs another player's KK. The board comes 3-4-5-6-7. Possibly the most ludicrous outcome ever. Thought that only happened online!
classic ! :lol

Re: WSOP Main Event Bad Beat Jackpot Board: 8s.gifJh.gif8h.gif7h.gif3c.gif On the river, a player with 8-8 goes all in and Gene Strickland with 9h.gif10h.gif calls. The player shows quads, but Strickland has the turned straight flush and busts the poor player. Strickland is up to 180,000. That's gotta hurt :beer