** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Aelara's downfall??

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Aelara's downfall??

Cool, we'll have to compare some massey systems some time! I had a good jockey based one last year based on Massey Custom Reports, did real well on the flat, but it dies a death over the winter jumps! THe Lay project sounds interesting! I don't lay myself, but would still be interested to see how you go about it with Massey! Perhaps you'll share the development of it with the forum? I'm sure some of the laying experts here will have some useful comments as well if you did...
Zulu, once I get round to doing a system I will definitely post it up, for better or for worse! :lol

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Nice going today sport! Hope it continues - I see you've attracted some Massey lovers out of their hiding places. As regards the laying I have a number of lay systems based on his custom reports if you want to discuss. The only advice I'd give is lay to est. betfair prices not SP, so you have a worst-case scenario picture. :ok

Nice going today sport! Hope it continues - I see you've attracted some Massey lovers out of their hiding places. As regards the laying I have a number of lay systems based on his custom reports if you want to discuss. The only advice I'd give is lay to est. betfair prices not SP, so you have a worst-case scenario picture. :ok
Thanks Danny. You're right, seems to be a few Massey people about. I think we'll have to create a thread just for Massey discussion!

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Todays Selections The weather is playing absolute havoc, so out of four systems I only have one selection (!) and that will probably go off at odds-on :( So System 1 No selection System 2 14:15 Beverley ALPEN ADVENTURE (11/10) System 3 No selection System 4 No selection :hope

Todays Selections The weather is playing absolute havoc, so out of four systems I only have one selection (!) and that will probably go off at odds-on :( So System 1 No selection System 2 14:15 Beverley ALPEN ADVENTURE (11/10) System 3 No selection System 4 No selection :hope
ALPEN ADVENTURE Poor horse pulled up. Had to be put down more or less immediately :(

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Update Started on 5th July 2007 System 1 Today: No selection Bank 102.75 Total: 1 Bet/ 1 Win. Profit +2.75 pts System 2 Today: 1 Bet- Lost (PU) @ 10/11 -1.00 pts Bank 102.88 Total: 3 Bets/ 2 Wins / 1 UPl. Profit +2.88pts System 3 Today: No selection Bank 101.50 Total: 2 Bets/ 1 Win/ 1 Place. Profit +1.50pts System 4 Today: No selection Total: 0 Bets

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Only one for today and looks like another short price :( On the bright side its the first bet for system 4 :drums System 1 No selection System 2 No selection System 3 No selection System 4 15:40 Market Rasen TWO MILES WEST (6/4) :hope

Only one for today and looks like another short price :( On the bright side its the first bet for system 4 :drums System 1 No selection System 2 No selection System 3 No selection System 4 15:40 Market Rasen TWO MILES WEST (6/4) - 1st @ 10/11 :\ :hope
Horse won but at very short odds. I suppose at the end of the day a winner is a winner:D

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Update: Day 4 System 1 Today: No selection Total: 1 Bet/ 1 Win Total Profit +2.75 pts System 2 Today: No selection Total: 3 Bets/ 2 Wins / 1 UPl Total Profit +2.88pts System 3 Today: No selection Total: 2 Bets/ 1 Win/ 1 Place Total Profit +1.50pts System 4 Today: 1 Bet- Win @ 10/11 +0.91pts Total: 1 Bet/ 1 Win Total Profit +0.91pts

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Todays selections: System 1 14:30 Lingfield MAMA LEO (5/2) System 2 No selection System 3 No selection System 4 No selection :hope Just the one again today :(. This is getting to be quite annoying really. The couple of weeks I was paper trading this system before putting the selections up on the forum, I was getting four or five selections a day. In fact the day before I started posting I had five selections of which three won and one placed giving me a 13 point profit on the day! I dont know if it has anything to do with the weather but anyway, a systems a system so I will follow it rigidly, even if there are only a few selections a week. I suppose at the end of the day it is showing a profit so thats what counts :ok

Todays selections: System 1 14:30 Lingfield MAMA LEO (5/2) System 2 No selection System 3 No selection System 4 No selection :hope Just the one again today :(. This is getting to be quite annoying really. The couple of weeks I was paper trading this system before putting the selections up on the forum, I was getting four or five selections a day. In fact the day before I started posting I had five selections of which three won and one placed giving me a 13 point profit on the day! I dont know if it has anything to do with the weather but anyway, a systems a system so I will follow it rigidly, even if there are only a few selections a week. I suppose at the end of the day it is showing a profit so thats what counts :ok
N/R mate :rollin :rollin

Re: Aelara's downfall?? There has been a distinct lack of selections these last couple of days and I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with the lack of action. So while the selections are thin on the ground, I am going to unfortunately subject everybody to two additional systems I have going,with one having a win SR of 28.5% and ROI of 133% and the other having a win SR of 27.5% and ROI of 132.7%. :tongue2 Once things get going a bit then I'll get rid of the systems that are not progressing as anticipated and stick with the better ones. Of course, if any of the mods (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't think this is a good idea, just let me know and I'll scrap the idea immediately! ;)

There has been a distinct lack of selections these last couple of days and I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with the lack of action. So while the selections are thin on the ground, I am going to unfortunately subject everybody to two additional systems I have going,with one having a win SR of 28.5% and ROI of 133% and the other having a win SR of 27.5% and ROI of 132.7%. :tongue2 Once things get going a bit then I'll get rid of the systems that are not progressing as anticipated and stick with the better ones. Of course, if any of the mods (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't think this is a good idea, just let me know and I'll scrap the idea immediately! ;)
Just make sure you keep the 2 new systems seperate from the 4 others ;) Are these 2 Massey based too??? Ahh, nothing like a multitude on mini Massey systems!!!

Re: Aelara's downfall?? I dont mean this to sound patronising at all - but a non-runner is better than a loser - seems obvious to say but out of frustration / excitement / eagerness call it what you will, profits are all to quickly erroded - patience and discipline are the qualities that make this game pay. The best threads on this site regularly have no selections sometimes for days on end - keep up the great work

Guilty as charged- definately Massey based :D Do you think its best I start a new thread with the new systems then?
Run em here, thats fine, keeps the place tidy! How many of these systems are Trainer based aelara? ;)
The best threads on this site regularly have no selections sometimes for days on end - keep up the great work
Is someone thinking of Ralphie??, coz I am (Superb system and a NR magnet!).... lol

I dont mean this to sound patronising at all - but a non-runner is better than a loser - seems obvious to say but out of frustration / excitement / eagerness call it what you will, profits are all to quickly erroded - patience and discipline are the qualities that make this game pay. The best threads on this site regularly have no selections sometimes for days on end - keep up the great work
Couldn't say it better!!

I dont mean this to sound patronising at all - but a non-runner is better than a loser - seems obvious to say but out of frustration / excitement / eagerness call it what you will, profits are all to quickly erroded - patience and discipline are the qualities that make this game pay. The best threads on this site regularly have no selections sometimes for days on end - keep up the great work
I know what you're saying Kanga but its nothing to do with any of the above as all the systems I use make a good ROI. Its more the fact that I'm stuck at home all day looking after my three kids who are on school summer holidays, so posting my systems on the public domain rather than just doing them privately gives me some sort of purpose in life! Dont get me wrong, I'm not some sado that spends all his days moping about and has no life, its just that once the 'house-husbandry' chores are out of the way in the morning, I then have the rest of the afternoon to kill. What better way to do that than share some of my systems with the rest of the forum. As I said at the begining, it gives me something to do and and eveyone else a good laugh if it goes belly up :lol. I've enjoyed posting my selections and there's been a better than expected response from the forum and that makes me happy :) Anyway, adding two new systems to this thread may be overkill in hindsight, so I dont think I'll bother. Nothing stopping me putting them over in the systems forum though :rollin