** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Aelara's downfall??

Guys I've come up with four systems that I have been trialling for a couple of weeks and if its OK with everyone, I'll just jot them down here. It will give me a chance to dispense with all the bits of paper and hence do my part for the rainforests and also give everyone a good laugh while I'm at it :D As I said, I'm trialling this, so I wouldn't recommend anyone putting their hard-earned on just yet! I've basically been mucking about over in Mr. Masseys place and stumbled across these little beauties more by luck than anything else but as with everything over there, you're bound to hit on something eventually! Anyway, four systems, we shall call them.....1,2,3 and 4 :\ System 1 has a 43.5% SR (139.7% Return @ SP) 70.5% Place SR (126.1% Return @ SP) System 2 has a 37.2% SR (152.8% Return @SP) 65.7% Place SR (130.6% Return @ SP) System 3 has a 43.7% SR (127.8% Return @ SP) 71.5% Place SR (117.7% Return @ SP) System 4 has a 54.3 % SR (133.0% Return @ SP) 71.5% Place SR (120.3% Return @ SP) SP's will vary, but don't expect anything huge and there WILL be a few odds on shots but at the end of the day the SR's and the returns look impressive, so who are we to argue:tongue2 I will post the selections every morning and some days there could be a few selections and others none but even if there is none I will post this fact on the thread. I will list each system separately with their respective selections and the Racing Post forecast price next to the horse. I suppose we will give each system an hypothetical bank of 100 points and take it from there, as I think thats the norm? Anyway, we'll see how it goes. God knows we need something to cheer us up in this weather:rollin By the way, feel free to tell me to get lost if you've all had enough of this type of thread:sad *********************************************** OK guys, as per the new rule changes for posting on the ATR Systems forum, I will give a brief overview of what each system is about. Unfortunately 'brief' is all it can be without giving too much away about each system. First off, some info about systems 5 and 6: System 5 has a 28.5% SR and 133.3% return at SP 55.6% place SR and 121% place return at SP System 6 has a 27.7% SR and 133.1% return at SP 55.5% place SR and 120.3% place return at SP (Obviously all SR's and ROI's are based on the last 8 years of Massey results for each particular system) ALL systems are Massey top-rated selections. System 1 is flat racing based with less than 13 runners and under 1m 7f System 2 is flat racing based, claimers only and not less than 8 runners System 3 is flat racing based, maidens and not more than 15 runners System 4 is NH based, novice chases and horses not older than 10 System 5 is flat racing based, no group races and 4 year olds only System 6 is flat racing based, 6 furlong races only The criteria given above are general ones for each system only. Some systems have as many as 15 different criteria in them! ************************************************

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Here we go then for this evening: System 1 19:00 Warwick GUILDED WARRIOR (2/1) System 2 20:05 Warwick SURWAKI (3/1) System 3 18:30 Warwick BILLION DOLLAR KID (13/8) System 4 No selection :hope

Re: Aelara's downfall??

Here we go then for this evening: System 1 19:00 Warwick GUILDED WARRIOR (2/1) :nana1st 11/4 System 2 20:05 Warwick SURWAKI (3/1) :nana1st 15/8 System 3 18:30 Warwick BILLION DOLLAR KID (13/8) :@ 2nd 10/11 System 4 No selection :hope
Not a bad start:cheers

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Good luck mate, one question ... how do the systems fare in more recent years? I've found that his ROI% tends to drop as time goes on as more and more people back his top rated selections over the years. :ok

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Update System 1 Won @ 11/4 2.75pts Bank 102.75pts System 2 Won @ 15/8 1.88pts Bank 101.88pts System 3 Lost @ 10/11 -1.00pts Bank 99pts System 4 - I think I've worked out the points properly. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :spank

Update System 1 Won @ 11/4 2.25pts Bank 102.25pts I think I've worked out the points properly. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :spank
Sorry mate, but 11/4 will give you a return of 3.75pts (profit of 2.75pts), therefore new bank should be 102.75pts:ok

Well done Aelara, will follow with interest. Would be interested to hear some of the criteria behind your systems:ok
Russ As I mentioned above, its a Massey system(s) really. All I did was muck around with the custom reports that you're able to create on his site. It did take me some time because I wanted a high strike rate coupled with the highest ROI figure I could get. I take no credit for the systems as anyone with a bit of time on thir hands can find a decent system from Massey's custom reports. Its just something that looks profitable at the moment, so I thought I'd share it with the forum :)

Good luck mate, one question ... how do the systems fare in more recent years? I've found that his ROI% tends to drop as time goes on as more and more people back his top rated selections over the years. :ok
Danny I agree the ROI would drop if everybody backed all of Massey's top rated selections continuously but because these systems were formulated using the custom reports, there are only a few selections each day and these use a strict set of criteria. Hence the ROI should hold up, as it has done over the last seven years .

Sorry mate' date=' but 11/4 will give you a return of 3.75pts (profit of 2.75pts), therefore new bank should be 102.75pts:ok[/quote'] Thanks Russ. Have rectified it. I actually had 3.75 down but somehow managed to copy it over as 3.25 :$

Danny I agree the ROI would drop if everybody backed all of Massey's top rated selections continuously but because these systems were formulated using the custom reports, there are only a few selections each day and these use a strict set of criteria. Hence the ROI should hold up, as it has done over the last seven years .
Ah, in that case that's good. I too have one or two systems using the custom reports, including laying systems, but never have the time or effort to run them properly! Your ROI figures seem great (esp. at SP) so all the best mate. I'll be watching - when I can ! :hope

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Todays selections System 1 18:45 Beverley SECRET ASSET (3/1) 19:45 Beverley PRINCE EVELITH (3/1) System 2 15:05 Wolves CHAMPAGNE SHADOW (11/4) System 3 15:30 Warwick NASSAU STYLE (11/2) System 4 No selection :hope

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Well done with your results so far aelara! A good start to this thread! Ohh, and Welcome to the Punters Lounge! I always enjoy new Massey based systems, and I love his custom reports! I wish you the best of luck with this thread, I'm sure it's well recieved and will find a good following here in the ATR forum! I will certainly be subscribing! Good luck once again! PS> If you ever want to discuss or share ideas with Masseys custom reports and massey based systems, be sure to get in touch! As others eluded to we all like to get stuck in and 'fiddle' with systems and certainly Russ and myself and some others I can think of have a place in our hearts (or is that wallets) for good ol' Massey! PPS> Blimey, aelara, 2 years a member and 34 posts!!! Long time lurker, first time poster?? lol

Well done with your results so far aelara! A good start to this thread! Ohh, and Welcome to the Punters Lounge! I always enjoy new Massey based systems, and I love his custom reports! I wish you the best of luck with this thread, I'm sure it's well recieved and will find a good following here in the ATR forum! I will certainly be subscribing! Good luck once again! PS> If you ever want to discuss or share ideas with Masseys custom reports and massey based systems, be sure to get in touch! As others eluded to we all like to get stuck in and 'fiddle' with systems and certainly Russ and myself and some others I can think of have a place in our hearts (or is that wallets) for good ol' Massey! PPS> Blimey, aelara, 2 years a member and 34 posts!!! Long time lurker, first time poster?? lol
Thanks for the kind words Zulu. Love mucking about with systems myself as you've probably noticed and I think my next pet project (using Massey's custom reports, obviously), will be on the laying side of things. But thats for another day:ok It would be great to have a discussion re the pro's (and cons) of using Massey's (or anyone elses for that matter) stats/databases. Could make for some interesting reading! I have to hold my hands up and admit I was the ultimate 'lurker' as you rightly noticed with my post totals (which are all from the last couple of weeks, by the way!), but for a lot of that time (most of that time actually :$) I didnt bother much with forums. I feel a bit :pukenow I know what I've been missing all this time!

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Aelera, great start for today. Good luck for the remaining two. Out tonight spending my winnings today so will check tomorrow how the last ones get on.:hope With them being such a high strike rate have you ever thought about seeing how you got on placing them on some Patents/Lucky 15s. I see you would of been in profit yesterday. Just another thought. Look forward to seeing more winners tomorrow.

Re: Aelara's downfall?? Cool, we'll have to compare some massey systems some time! I had a good jockey based one last year based on Massey Custom Reports, did real well on the flat, but it dies a death over the winter jumps! THe Lay project sounds interesting! I don't lay myself, but would still be interested to see how you go about it with Massey! Perhaps you'll share the development of it with the forum? I'm sure some of the laying experts here will have some useful comments as well if you did...

Aelera, great start for today. Good luck for the remaining two. Out tonight spending my winnings today so will check tomorrow how the last ones get on.:hope With them being such a high strike rate have you ever thought about seeing how you got on placing them on some Patents/Lucky 15s. I see you would of been in profit yesterday. Just another thought. Look forward to seeing more winners tomorrow.
Thanks Jingles. Its funny you mentioning the patents/lucky 15's as I was only thinking about it this afternoon, but knowing my luck the day I decide to do one everything will go pear-shaped:cry