** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

For the first time in my life

I picked two horses on my own,without the aid of tips or anything.And put them in a double and they won..And it feels good..Just thought i would share that with my good friends at PL. Today was the first day i stood back,took stock of things and bet sensibly and when i felt it was right and for the first time since i started(excluding one off info/tips) i am in profit..god it feels so good..d

Re: For the first time in my life

Nice one mate its a great feeling :clap Shame that i've forgotten what it feel like! :lol
It will come again..I was set to give it up altogether but then i saw what i was doing wrong and while it could go horribly wrong in a mad betting incident tomorrow,right now i feel on top of the world...:nana:nana

Well done TBR:clap . By the way thanks for the Aker Gerlow tip the other week.
No problem it's been very quiet on that info front since then..But as soon as the next big one comes..It will appear first here..I assure you that..AFter i've put 1,000 on it of course (i can handle it):nana I do note the horse that previously beat Arklow Ger(when the jockey made the error) ,Kirbybrogue lantern is running in my local track Wexford on Friday.>takes notes..

Re: For the first time in my life yeah thanks lads..you sure know how to put people on a downer..can you not just be happy,rather than constant negativity?..who said anything about after eventing..i never said any horse name,just said i had a bit of good luck ..just thought i'd share something that happened me ,where i was actually making a point, that it's good to look at these yourselves rather than depend on other people's info or tips all the time... All i can say the attitude of some people around here is a disgrace.if your not happy with it,delete rather than publicly trying to make a fool of someone...And Adios amigos..??Your not in a film mate... Goodnight so..

Re: For the first time in my life Well done Rooney!:clap and I agree "How can this be after eventing, if no names of horses were given"! This place is getting stupid, Guy is letting everyone know he has used commonsense in looking at the form and picking to his mind 2 good picks nothing else mentioned? If PL is getting the school treatment with peoples posts, I'll be off to a more democratic forum... P.s. Again well done Rooney, don't let anyone stop you posting!

Re: For the first time in my life Don't want to get into a dispute but I don't think we should be to hard on the enthusiasm of the young.I cannot see any harm in this thread. By the way can anyone tell me how to add my Hotmail e mail address to my profile please?

Don't want to get into a dispute but I don't think we should be to hard on the enthusiasm of the young.I cannot see any harm in this thread. By the way can anyone tell me how to add my Hotmail e mail address to my profile please?
Young alright..... Go to User CP,Profile,and at the top Edit Email...

Yes a great feeling when you get your punting back on track . The hard bit is keeping it going' date=' but g/luck. :ok[/quote'] Thanks mate..IT was probably a fluke with my limited knowledge i must have just got lucky....I'm only learning but hopefully little bits and pieces i pick up here,and off me mate,i'll become more atuned to the workings of it...I'm enjoying this part,the losing not so good.. Thanks again MM May I ask you and any one else who cares to answer..Where did you pick up the knowledge you possess..What age?? was it over time and who showed you the ropes??

Re: For the first time in my life Just tried it only to find it is already there, only prob is when I looked at my user profile it said "no contact info". Ah well not to worry,I doubt if anyone would want to contact me anyhow. :-(

Just tried it only to find it is already there' date=' only prob is when I looked at my user profile it said "no contact info". Ah well not to worry,I doubt if anyone would want to contact me anyhow. :-([/quote'] Go to Edit Options and select "receive email from other members.",,If that doesnt work then i dont know

Re: For the first time in my life May I ask you and any one else who cares to answer.. Where did you pick up the knowledge you possess Reading Books, not Reading, Berkshire. What age From about 5 years old onwards really, it started with 'Enid Blytons ' Secret Seven' and I've read another 4 books since... :loon :loon Was it over time and who showed you the ropes?? I took a few years to get the 'hang' of things. My grandad was Albert Pierrepoint, he showed me the ropes. :loon :loon ================================================ Semi-serious answer - and I've seen all the 'experts' in betting shops for over 35 years. Rule 1. Watch what the average shop punter does, and for fcuks sake don't copy him. Read stats tables. The more stats you have, the closer to 'the truth' you are. Watch for punters who have an above average strike rate, on here or in shops, (not all big hitters use BF) and they are not 'guessers'. Don't blindly follow gambles. With BF in the picture these days, you don't know who is soaking up your cash. Don't blindly lay large drifters in running. There are tales of people laying fallers at 999/1 and coming unstuck. Serve them right. Some layers on BF just follow the drift for small money hoping to nick a few quid, but it's a highly dangerous game. Last year, one of A.'O' Briens horses was in a 5 or 6 runner race at Newmarket. I think it was Septimus, but not sure. It was a well backed favourite. I watched the race on telly in the shop. It was held up on the rails until 2 furlongs out, no run or split available, dropped back, came wide, cruised home. I looked on BF to see what price it had gone in running. Somebody who had no idea of racing started the ball rolling at 8, and the blind, who just CANNOT have been watching, layed it bigger. It went to over 30 in running. Plenty of people know how wide Newmarket is, the horse was NEVER travelling badly, so wasn't in trouble. It wasn't like he had to get around or through 25 handicappers spread acrosso the track. I was gutted that I had got up from my desk and gone to the big screen in the shop to watch it and missed the pig price. Learn to identify the smaller, true gambling stables, away from the big meetings. If they don't back their horse early doors or just before the off, you have a fair chance of profiting from laying it at small prices in running if it's near the front. Watch closely, learn to read what is liable to happen as a race unfolds. Try to lay it just before it 'runs out of steam' or the jockey gives it 'gentle handling' as the furlong pole approaches. If their money is not on, in all probability, it won't win. At the big meetings, once a fancied horse is stuck in a pocket in a big field handicap, watch somebody lay 20 or 30 on BF, then watch the blind lay it bigger, but keep your eyes on the horse. Get in for a small stake at a large price. Sometimes, just sometimes, these animals 'magically' extricate themselves from impossible positions. Far be it from me to suggest that a handicap snip is covered up by a brave jockey while his mate is on a laptop nicking all the large in running prices... :loon It doesn't have to win, just run on enough for you to trade when the price drops through the floor when it hits 40 m.p.h. Just a warm up for this morning while waiting for my car to be washed.:ok Hope it helps, because by the time you know it all, you'll have Alzheimers and forgotten it in a week. :loon

Re: For the first time in my life Well for me i got thrown into racing from my aunt ( Jenny Pitman ), at the right old age of 15, i use to muck out the stable 's and picked up good insights in to racing from the duchess of racing. As on the gambling insight, i got lucky on my first ever bet, winning Lucky 15 returning £697.00, the funny side of this i layed out £8.25 (Tax was around) and when i went to collect the guy behind the counter said i had a good win when i asked he replied 697, i thought i had lost money as i thought the return was £6.97, silly me :rollin But my stats come from my own knowledge, with a little help of the Racing Post and Sportinglife.As a race horse owner the buzz is always there, over the years i have been grateful to be involved in some nice horse's over the last 15 years, and have taken on board everything i have learnt and got from other people on forums like these. Racing is a hard game, and there is not such a thing as a certainty, i think we have all established this..but there are winners out there to be found if you look closely and feel confident enough to put them into action Wups

oooo it must be about 3 months ago now :lol and learnt everything I know...from all you guys :ok :clap i think an applause is in need for PL and its members
Im hoping to do the same..If i dont get banned of course...:clap:clap:clap