Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Hot Tip for Saturday!

Re: Hot Tip for Saturday! i dont mean keep it a secret or anything.I mean......Ah it's ok..forget it..No one is saying you can't find winners,no was juding anyones ability to do so..You where talking about the info thread,not about reading form etc...Jeez im only trying to help...

Re: Hot Tip for Saturday! Rooney Im not getting at you personally but say that your going to PM info to other members isnt what PL was created to do. Sure all we ask is TIPS go into the tips thread and 'real inside info' go into a thread saying 'Hey guys got a word for xxxxxx @ xxxx 4.20' just like big gaz has done in the past.

Re: Hot Tip for Saturday! Rooney Just read your edited post , dunno why you just cant post a new post but ah well, All Im saying is inside info goes into a thread saying had a word etc.... most of the tips that have gone into the 'Inside info' have been bollox regardless of the place/price. ATR has come on leaps and bounds over the last couple of years and lets keep it going in the forward motion that brings in new posters/tipsters. :ok

Re: Hot Tip for Saturday!

Rooney Im not getting at you personally but say that your going to PM info to other members isnt what PL was created to do. Sure all we ask is TIPS go into the tips thread and 'real inside info' go into a thread saying 'Hey guys got a word for xxxxxx @ xxxx 4.20' just like big gaz has done in the past.
Ok so...That sounds ok to me..I was just going to PM to whoever wanted it but also to a mods also,so they could put it in thread info if they deemed appropriate?? but i suppose their PMs would explode..

Rooney Just read your edited post , dunno why you just cant post a new post but ah well, All Im saying is inside info goes into a thread saying had a word etc.... most of the tips that have gone into the 'Inside info' have been bollox regardless of the place/price. ATR has come on leaps and bound over the last couple of years and lets keep it going in the forward motion that brings in new posters/tipsters. :ok
Ah thats a habit i have...Editing my posts hoping your not the quickest responder.. You've all done a great job...

Re: Hot Tip for Saturday! My opinion is posting 'tips' or 'inside info' or whatever way you want to dress it up as without the full story is just trying to get some glory without doing any of the work, end of the day if it loses you just say it was from someone else. Any one who loses money on them has no-one to blame but themselves. The 'inside info' thread was for REAL info that wasnt available in the public domain, maybe a whisper from a stable not just a horse that joe bloggs down the pub says watch next time out, i could give you a dozen of them from just todays racing, doesnt mean they will all win does it!

:ok keep posting your tips mate as your a good tipster on here and well regarded. I just dont like the idea of posting PM's to members with tips etc as that is a big no no.
If i remember correctly a while back a mod said he and some other mod's got a tip pm to them by a pl member.Apparently it won. So i do'nt understand why people cant pm tips to each other:ok

I was joking too...Nothing wrong with ur post..I just couldnt beleive i didnt back him..
Ahh I see now...did you not know Pat Dobbs (I'm assuming that's your cousin?) had won the race:lol . Dreadful Chester day as I forgot all about the post in another forum I believe you frequent which named "My little secret", a runaway winner in a later race at Chester, as a mare in foal which could therefore potentially run really well...I'll back it next time out whatever.:wall

Ahh I see now...did you not know Pat Dobbs (I'm assuming that's your cousin?) had won the race:lol . Dreadful Chester day as I forgot all about the post in another forum I believe you frequent which named "My little secret", a runaway winner in a later race at Chester, as a mare in foal which could therefore potentially run really well...I'll back it next time out whatever.:wall
Yes that one..Its like a free for all there are so many tips...fun though.. yeah me cousin won the race..he's had a few lately..i hadnt spoken to him in a year as he hardly comes over...

Re: Hot Tip for Saturday! I think ive had 3 tips in 6yrs since being on the PL via PM, 1 won 2 lost. I'm not sure but i think the problem is when the 'tip' has ran we wouldnt want guys then starting a post about it, slapping each other on the back when lots of others havnt had the PM, I think you can see what a can of worms that would open up, it just causes problems. I dont speak for others but it looks like Carl was being wound up by all this 'inside info' stuff and the PM's have caused problems before, at the end of the day we cant stop others emailing tips to each other anyway so i cant see what all the fuss is about to be honest. Maybe we need clarification from the 'Mods' of this section, of which i'm not, these are just my opinions as i see it.

Re: Hot Tip for Saturday! As a Mod of this section, this is how I see it. If you want to post a tip, make it YOUR tip (ie, I want to see valid reasoning behind it and it posting in the daily threads). If you have GENUINE info (ie, from the stable itself), post it up in the daily thread again but FULLY explaining source / reason. What I and other members don't want to see is 'a tip from my mate'. Why would anyone back one of these when they have no idea who 'the mate' is. I'd rather see the form study and some genuine reasoning so I can decide for myself (as per the first 4 winners at big prices at Newcastle today - all had valid reasoning!) Keep up those good winners!:clap

As a Mod of this section, this is how I see it. If you want to post a tip, make it YOUR tip (ie, I want to see valid reasoning behind it and it posting in the daily threads). If you have GENUINE info (ie, from the stable itself), post it up in the daily thread again but FULLY explaining source / reason. What I and other members don't want to see is 'a tip from my mate'. Why would anyone back one of these when they have no idea who 'the mate' is. I'd rather see the form study and some genuine reasoning so I can decide for myself (as per the first 4 winners at big prices at Newcastle today - all had valid reasoning!) Keep up those good winners!:clap
Thats great How about,and you can poo poo this...When the inside info is posted the experts also give us their opinion of the horses chances..While i know sometimes it obviously wont have any form it could help in some way...

Thats great How about,and you can poo poo this...When the inside info is posted the experts also give us their opinion of the horses chances..While i know sometimes it obviously wont have any form it could help in some way...
No problem with that, provided the inside info is genuine and from a genuine 'insider' source:ok

No problem with that' date=' provided the inside info is genuine and from a genuine [b']'insider' source:ok
well hopefully now on it will...I think ill give off some early warning pms to mods so they can remind me..As im very forgetful and could forget when the horse is running...

but it looks like Carl was being wound up by all this 'inside info' stuff
the only thing that was winding me up regarding the inside info thread was the bullshit posts,( my grans friends sisters chips shop owners youngest goes out with the taxi driver who drive the stable lad to the yard etc) I personally dont dont care if we have a inside info thread or not I just want whats best for PL and take ATR forward but what I dont like is members threatening to PM other members with info when that is what PL is all about, sharing Info etc.

the only thing that was winding me up regarding the inside info thread was the bullshit posts,( my grans friends sisters chips shop owners youngest goes out with the taxi driver who drive the stable lad to the yard etc) I personally dont dont care if we have a inside info thread or not I just want whats best for PL and take ATR forward but what I dont like is members threatening to PM other members with info when that is what PL is all about, sharing Info etc.
Couldn't agree more Carl with your first point. Inside Info had its use but was a victim of its own success - PL wants more members and this was a great way of doing that but at the same time, it attracted the 'Betfair' standard of poster - muppet! There was some great info on there; TBR, Deviltish, Bowles. etc but inevitably, the thread 'got too big for its boots' and the point of the thread got lost. However your second point, whether it involves you personally or not, is a little 'Mod' hypocritical and perhaps is one of the reasons behind MM's 'clique' and 'ego' comments - which incidentally I agree with.
tedthewolf; If i remember correctly a while back a mod said he and some other mod's got a tip pm to them by a pl member.Apparently it won.
I remember this comment being made too. (Without spending an hour searching) I don't know who said it and who it involved but as a mod and a 'representative of the mods', you can't have it both ways. I think it may be that 'high moral ground' that may have 'upset' some people. Anyway,as you rightly say, the whole point of ATR is to cane the bookies, so lets stop hitting each other and get on with it. :ok And incidentally, as a complete knob with the horses, thanks for the guidance as to which donkeys I should back until the footy season starts again. :ok

If i remember correctly a while back a mod said he and some other mod's got a tip pm to them by a pl member.Apparently it won. So i do'nt understand why people cant pm tips to each other:ok
Yes Ted i was the one who pm this horse to certain people....... The reason for not posting on the forum was that i have a very small share in that paticular horse and other people who are members or lurk this forum might have seen i had posted this horse:ok

Hope that explains why i didn't post ;)
No problem mate:ok It just looked as if it was different rules for different people so i can understand were mighty magyar was comming from as i felt there had been a few times were the above might have applied. Like has been said before lets all stick together to try and bash the bookies. One other point "crap" spoilt the info thread if it starts to appear in the daily threads can the mod"s not delete it? CHEER'S:cheers

Re: Hot Tip for Saturday! What is going on now, is exactly what I suggested would happen. That was the reason I was against the "inside info" thread right from the start. The success of ATR is the intelligent input from the Posters. N.B. When you get "inside info" how do you know when the value gone if the price shorten? I noticed recently that punters on here were prepared to back one horse at prices raning from 10/1 to 3/1.