** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

5 player STT's on Boss

robilaruk

Re: 5 player STT's on Boss Haven't looked today, but up to today you have had the "SPEED" ones (5 min blinds?) and the others (10 minute blinds?) - would suspect both are still there, but you hadn't spotted the difference? Look to see whether or not it says "SPEED" in the title....

Re: 5 player STT's on Boss they used to be 5 mins and 3 mins I think? (I remember them always being 5 mins and then I am sure they made the speed ones 3mins?) Though I haven't played them for ages, so maybe it is not a new change to most only to me :lol It does makes a massive difference having 10 min blinds and only 3 to beat to get ITM now if they would just change the payout to 65/35 then I might go back to them as it makes coming second not so bad on the ROI Damo

Haven't looked today' date=' but up to today you have had the "SPEED" ones (5 min blinds?) and the others (10 minute blinds?) - would suspect both are still there, but you hadn't spotted the difference? Look to see whether or not it says "SPEED" in the title....[/quote']

• 2 weeks later...

Re: 5 player STT's on Boss they have changed them again - all the STT's (unless speed) are now 8 minute blinds, both short and full tables and what IS annoying is that if someone is sitting out/disconnected when the game starts you lose a good minute whilst it waits for them to join :eyes Damo

Re: 5 player STT's on Boss I agree why do they keep mucking around with stuff? I have noticed it has made a massive difference to the full tables on boss - the 150/300 arrives really early now and in the recent games I have played, we still have 6 players left at this stage rather it being bubble time/ITM - it makes shove management strategy quite tricky interesting that it is the time rather than blinds that seem to effect the make up of the table? maybe folks get bored the longer the game goes on? (just a random, small sample comment - might watch this to see if this is the case?) Damo

I'm getting really frustrated with Boss at the moment because they seem to be changing a lot on a 'suck it and see' basis' date=' rather than a definitive strategy.[/quote']

Re: 5 player STT's on Boss On a slightly better note, i decided today to try and move up a few levels, just to see how i do, because im sick to death of idiots at the lower $3+$5 levels and as i won $100 in a free bet from spodds from the champions league, which can be used for poker too, so i have just tried my 1st $50 speed stt and i won!:loon :nana 1st50sttie3.jpg now im in a quandry, keep playing and try build a nice roll, or withdraw for vegas:)

Re: 5 player STT's on Boss Very nice Morl :ok I disagree with Staffy - you could be Phil Hellmuth playing these, and if your bankroll is insufficient, you WILL go bust!!! If you are profitable and can beat the game, play for a maximum of a fixed percentage of your bankroll - with a bit of luck (erm positive short term variance :tongue2) you'll soon be playing at this level anyway :ok. 5% is the norm, but if you are impatient and want to be super aggressive, go for 10% - NO WAY should you play for more than 10% though - EVER!!!

Re: 5 player STT's on Boss

Nah it was free money. Just go for it.
Why chuck it away just cos it was free? :tongue2 I see what you're saying though - ultimately it comes down to Morls objectives for it ... he can just have some fun with it and play at a level he doesn't usually play at, or he can try and build it into something....

Re: 5 player STT's on Boss

I disagree with Staffy - you could be Phil Hellmuth playing these, and if your bankroll is insufficient, you WILL go bust!!!
It's not quite that bad. If you have positive expectation in the tournaments, then however small your bankroll is, the chance of going bust is less than 100%. It's just that it might be quite high.