Cricket: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka ODI Series

3 match ODI series begins tomorrow afternoon. All 3 matches are to be played in Abu-Dhabi. Series Odds.

Best odds/All oddsv15.gifv6074.gifv1.gifv6018.gif
Pakistan1.831.721.611.83
Sri Lanka1.8322.21.83
6pts Sri Lanka to win ODI Series 5/4 Boylesports Neither of these sides have their strongest squads out for this series. Sri Lanka are missing Chaminda Vaas, Mutiah Muralitharan and Kumar Sangakkara for this series as all are currently playing county cricket. Marvan Atapattu has been dropped from the squad which made the final of the recent world cup. For Pakistan a new era begins. Inzamam has stepped down as captain and retired from ODI's and been replaced by Shoaib Malik. Rana Naved and Younis Khan aren't in Dubai either as both are playing county cricket. Of the stars on show however, Sri Lankan quick Lasith Malinga, Mahela Jayawardene, Sanath Jayasuriya, Mohammed Yousuf and Shoaib Afridi all line up in this series. Since the world cup Tom Moody has stepped down as coach but I still think Sri Lanka are a decent price to win this series so soon after Pakistan's humiliating world cup and the problems they encountered there. 1st ODI
Best odds/All oddsv15.gifv6004.gifv6140.gifv6074.gifv6143.gifv1.gifv6006.gifv6073.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv6001.gifv6005.gifv401.gif
Pakistan1.81.721.781.81.721.661.831.851.831.721.831.851.831.661.81.84
Sri Lanka1.922.081.922.11.831.951.8321.831.951.832.12.12
10pts Sri Lanka to win 1st ODI 11/10 Blue Square As I've said in the outright writeup, I think Sri Lanka are a decent price in this series. There will be a bit of pace in this wicket which brings Lasith Malinga right into play not to mention Dilhara Fernando and Farveez Maharoof. With only Kumar Sangakkara missing from their 1st choice batting lineup Sri Lanka look to be the stronger side here, as the recent world cup would prove. Pakistan have a lot of their world cup squad available for this series but the loss of Inzamam could be a significant one. If that's not bad enough, Inzi's vice captain Younis Khan is currently playing for Yorkshire. Shoaib Malik now leads the side which contains Mohammed Yousuf and Shahid Afridi. Mohammad Sami is now the vice captain and lots will depend on him with the ball as Rana Naved is also playing county cricket. Pakistan will benefit from having played here in the past but it shouldn't take Sri Lanka long to adapt to conditions and even though Murali and Vaas aren't here I still think Sri Lanka can win this and am happy to back them at much better odds than if those 2 were playing. 10pts T.Dilshan's Performance Pts 30&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Tillekeratne Dilshan had a decent world cup with both bat and ball and I see no reason why he can't continue that form here. He usually bats 6 but with Sangakkara missing he could well find himself batting at number 5. He's a very good ODI batsman who can play the steady role or stick his foot down and attack and with Murali not here I can see him bowling all his overs. His off spin often picks up wickets which would make a significant contribution to his total. He's also a terrific fielder who catches anything in his direction so he's got it all and should cover 30pts. 2pts ew A.Razzaq Top Pakistan Bat 12/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Abdul Razzaq is a clean hitting batsman who can clear the ropes at any ground in the world. He's been a bit off form with the willow recently, since he peppered England all round Nottingham last summer but he's too good for the form not to return. Under Shoaib Malik, Razzaq may well express himself more and open his shoulders and bat freely. The thing I like about Razzaq as top bat is he can top score if there's a collapse but he can also score so quickly at the death he can outscore his teammates with some big hitting. It's not Pakistan's strongest batting lineup and Razzaq is well worth a pop ew remembering if he doesn't bat we get our cash back.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka ODI Series Shahid Afridi must have something against me! Whenever I oppose him he batters someone round the park and when I side with him he gets a duck :wall . No joy at all in the 1st ODI thanks to him so it's -20 so far as Razzaq never batted and onto the 2nd game which begins at 1pm BST. 10pts Sri Lanka +2.5wickets/20.5runs 3/4 Sporting Odds Until Shahid Afridi got involved there was precious little in it between these two sides in the 1st ODI of this series so the obvious bet really is to side with Sri Lanka on the handicap as it is a large handicap. Sri Lanka will be pleased that Maharoof, Kapugedera and P Jayawardene made solid contributions as they are the 3 players replacing their missing 3 big players. For Pakistan, Asif was superb although the wickets column didn't do his bowling justice. With the bat it was all about Afridi, bludgeoning Sri Lanka to all parts. However there wasn't much there 1st time round so I'll chance Sri Lanka staying close this time. 10pts T.Dilshan's Performance Pts 30&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Having had this bet in the 1st ODI and it losing perhaps it's a risk to have it again but I don't see it that way. Dilshan is a solid cricketer with bat, ball and in the field and he should cover 30pts more often than he fails to. He bowled 3 tidy overs on Friday but I'd expect more overs for him today. He could of course by then have already covered this total with the bat but however he does it I'll keep faith with Dilshan to cover this total. 10pts Pakistan Most 6's 10/11 Bet365 Pakistan have an abundance of big hitters in their side in this series while it's fair to say Sri Lanka only really have Jayasuriya of their established batsmen who regular clears the ropes. If Shahid Afridi in particular gets going then Pakistan will win the 6's hands down but in Imran Nazir and Abdul Razzaq they have 2 equally clean and big hitters of a cricket ball. Sri Lanka hit 2 6's in the last match which is usually their norm unless Jayasuriya tees off and I don't see that being enough to beat Pakistan in the big hitting stakes. 1pt ew F.Maharoof Top Sri Lanka Bat 25/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) On Friday, Farveez Maharoof's 69 held the Sri Lankan innings together. It's not the 1st time he's performed a rescue mission for his country either. He can genuinely bat as he showed in England last summer. With Mohammad Asif opening up for Pakistan it's quite possible that the top order get shot out or score so slowly that when Maharoof gets in he can still catch up. Given that he's just top scored he's overpriced and I'll take a chance he repeats Friday's success.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.