** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mowgli77 Notebook Thread (FLAT 2010)

Re: Mowgli77 Notebook Thread (FLAT 2010)

Thats the problem with 'lists' Phil, in my opinion they just dont work for me for two reasons. The first is obvious, you miss them or dont have time to get a bet on and the second is you are biased towards your horses and probably back them anyway because they are on the list even though you may not fancy them for that particular race, the ground may not be ideal, trip etc but you cant let them go. Also the ones you see in the flesh tend to stand out more because that day you are totally focussed on the races and nothing else and you may rate them higher than they warrant, these type of horses run everyday but you just dont notice them so much maybe? Just have to be careful in my book where lists are concerned.
I agree that in essence you can just fall into the trap of backing a horse blind because it is on a list but I haven't used a horse tracker for that reason. I prefer to look through every card and then see what chance I think the horse has under the conditions, mainly trip, handicap mark and ground and the price often puts me off backing a horse. I had put Frankel down as one to follow before Saturday but 1-3 was no kind of price for me to back. I've got a few horses to add on to my list and that was one of them. When I backed Spensley last time out there were doubts about the ground but you could not say for sure it would not go on that ground, big drift before the off, ran no kind of race that day and gives you conditions to avoid so you are following a horse off a list but under the right set of circumstances. Horses to add that I will put reasoning with later are: Plan A Complexion Fury Submission Frankel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mowgli77 Notebook Thread (FLAT 2010) Medicinal Compound won at 9-1 today. I'm off to Donny on Saturday with Fintron and hoping to see Native Khan. Can see that being a threat to Frankel next year. Dream Ahead will be better on good ground but not convinced with Saammid. Plan A and Fury also won since I put them up