** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup final on Wednesday

I am holding a voucher for 14/1 each way on Espanyol struck at the quarter final stage. I am already guaranteed 14/3 for reaching the final but now want to do the sensible thing and hedge some of it on Seville. I was wondering what type of bet would give the best value for money. Seville are best price 8/15 to win the cup outright but just wondered if there were other combinations of win in 90 mins, extra time, penalties etc that would give me better value. cheers

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday Haven't checked the prices, but the most sensible way is to lay Espanyol in 90 minutes (odds allowing), which gives you the chance of a double win should things go to OT and yet you'll be covered;)

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday

v15.gifv6004.gifv6112.gifv6131.gifv6140.gifv6074.gifv6143.gifv1.gifv6006.gifv6073.gifv3.gifv6124.gifv6007.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv6001.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gifv6138.gif
Seville1.91.91.921.911.991.91.91.91.8321.91.941.91.831.91.91.831.851.92.012.022
Draw3.2533.253.23.253.233.233.13.23.23.233.1533.1333.353.43.35
Español43.753.944.33.63.753.7544.144.33.7543.84443.754.54.54.4
bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." class="FooterTable">

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday I will be taking advantage of Expekts Cup Promo where a bet of 3 Euro (or equivilant) on any winning CS will give a free 25 Euro... 1/2unit CS 1-1 @ 6 4units Over2.5 goals @ 1.95 2units Over3.5 goals @ 3.5 A 1-1 result will give my money back must also mention it is only valid for the 1st CS bet you place (or something of that manner dont remember the tech of it).... In this game I believe both teams will score and with the 1-1 now covered overs can be bet on with high confidence IMO.... GL all.... Add: 2units Pandiani 2 score Anytime @ 3.8 (Wat a golden price on this in form master)

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday Overs was flagged up in the Sporting Life today, have had a deeper look and agree overs is worth a crack or buying goals on the spreads at 2.6 Goals in 90 minutes since Uefa Cup Final became a single match tie Middlesbrough 0 Seville 4 Sporting Lisbon 1 CSKA 3 Valencia 2 Marseilles 0 Celtic 2 Porto 2 Feyenoord 3 Dortmund 2 Liverpool 4 Alaves 4 Gala 0 Arsenal 0 Parma 3 Marseille 0 Lazio 0 Inter 3 Last 5 19 Goals at 3.8 GPG Overall 9 Games 33 Goals at 3.66 GPG 7 out of 9 games Overs Recent Form of Teams Involved Seville Last 10 Games 31 Goals at 3.1 GPG F20 A11 Last 5 Games 16 Goals at 3.2 GPG F11 A5 Espanyol Last 10 Games 33 Goals at 3.3 GPG F18 A15 Last 5 Games 20 Goals at 4 GPG F11 A9 Meetings this season Seville 3 Espanyol 1 Espanyol 2 Sevilla 1

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventSevilla - Espanol
Selection1
Strength10/10
Date16/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.91 (Back)
ReasoningThe UEFA Cup holders attempt to retain their title against compatriots Espanol. Seville have shown in their previous encounters that they are the better side and although they are still in for the title race, they will surely not back up in this final. Espanol have done extremely well in Europe but we don't fancy them to beat the much stronger Spanish side. More tips on http://soccer-punter.com

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday Over 2.5 Both games between the two sides have gone over in the Primera Liga. Espanyol's last 7 games, in all competitons, have gone over while Sevilla have gone over in 5 of their last 8 games, but have scored at least 2 goals in 7 of their last 8 games (in all competitions)

Tip Detail
EventEspanyol V Sevilla
SelectionDraw
Strength10/10
Date16/05/2007
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 3.30 (Back)
ReasoningOn April 29 Sevilla hosted Espanyol and won by 3-1, but I wouldn’t read much into it really, as Espanyol were too focused on the return leg against Werder that they rested almost all their important players. Espanyol –it seems- are only focused on this tournament. They have yet to lose a game in it, while they lost all last 4 games on the road in La Liga, extending their winless run on the road to 5. Sevilla, are fighting on 3 frontiers.. here in the UEFA Cup, and in the Spanish Cup (where they also reached the final), and in La Liga where is seems a bit hard now to win the title, but they are still very much in contention to win the 2nd spot which would qualify them to play directly in the groups stage of the CL next season. Yet, who knows? Maybe both Real & Barca will decide to give Sevilla a chance to top La Liga. Anyways, Espanyol –in this tournament- enjoy a VERY strong defence 9 clean sheets in 14 games) and have the strongest strike force, and the leading top scorer. They are yet to lose a game –as I mentioned- and are tough to break so I wouldn’t expect them to give Sevilla an easy game. Earlier in the season they won 2-1 at home over Sevilla, so I’d say the two are equally matched, and I really don’t trust Sevilla away from their own den. My view is this game should be tight with both sides playing not to concede 1st, and it could very well go into extra time. Both coaches virtually have full squads to choose from, and both know eachother very well. I’m expecting a goalless draw in the original 90 minutes, with a possible 1-0 winner (either side) in the extra-time.
Tip Detail
EventEspanyol V Sevilla
SelectionUnder 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date16/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningSee above..

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday The odds seem IMO too large for Sevilla, I prefer to take some risk and I accept the DRAW score at 3.46 with Mansion. Sevilla vs Espanyol I don't wait for a simple match for the favourite team of Sevilla: according that they have more quality than Espanyol and an attack line so dangerous, I've seen too how much Espanyol was been able to play solid and closed matches in Uefa Cup and they run less risk than Sevilla in their ride to the final match. Espanyol will start surely as "underdog", but there are many factors to value and, first of all, the tense state of single match: Espanyol has good middle zone with La Pena, Riera, Rufete and Zabaleta; more the attack line based on the veteran Pandiani (treble in the last at Bernabeu) and Luis García is well mixed, adding the talent of Tamudo. Sevilla will miss only Escude, while the forward Kanouté should be regularly start in couple with Luis Fabiano. More chances to invent by Sevilla, but Espanyol can play more relaxed and they can wait for their opponents, counting however over many experienced regulars.

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday So it's UEFA Cup final tonight in Glasgow. Two Spanish teams, last year winner Sevilla and undefeated team in this year's campaign - Espanyol. Sevilla eliminated another Spanish club in the semis, Osasuna. But only by winning at home 2:0 after 1:0 loss away. Espanyol had practically a walkover with non existent Werder, winning 3:0 at home and 2:1 away. Sevilla is superior in quality and favourite on the paper but Espanyol showed how good they are all season. They are hard working and organized team and I expect them to be hard nut for Sevilla, which lately plays great only at home, and that's where I see the chance for team from Barcelona. Espanyol likes to be the underdog which they showed in Spanish Cup with Zaragoza last year, beating them with concrete actions and well thought strategy. But to beat the last year champion it will be very tough task. Sevilla want this Cup once again and to write the history. Still, I see nice chances Espanyol not to be defeated in regular time so I'll try to pick DRAW, pinnacle @3.35. Espanyol: Gorka - Zabaleta, Jarque, Torrejón, David García - Moisés Hurtado, De la Peña - Rufete, Riera, Luis García - Tamudo. Sevilla: Palop - Daniel Alves, Javi Navarro, Aitor Ocio, Dragutinovic - Jesús Navas, Poulsen, Renato, Puerta - Kanouté, Luis Fabiano.

Seville knocked Shakthar out in et in 2nd leg of last 16 round. Osasuna knocked Bordeaux out in et of 2nd leg of last 32 round. That's it I believe.
Thx mate for the info :ok Btw I will have to agree with Kamei here. I think we could see another thriller tonight with some ET actions. No doubt Sevilla will be desperate to repeat Real Madrid feat for defending the trophy. But for Espanyol this trophy is the only thing that they can win. One that they have been focusing for the whole year on. With the squad that both team have, I think they are quite equal. Of course with Sevilla arguably having the edge when we compare their team on paper head to head, players to players. But performance alone, after I've been watching both team play in the semi final, I would say Espanyol is in a real chance to seriously challenge Sevilla. For me the AH +0.5 is quite nice, I will have some of it on medium low stakes @ 1.9 in pinnacle. A draw would do the job with this handicap but a win is not impossible either. Gl guys :hope

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday I have taken [email protected] on Pandiani to score at anytime, even though he is sub I think there is some value. :eyes Sevilla have had a tough season and as said they must be desperate to do well in La Liga, so they could tire and I expect Pandiani will be on in the second half. I have also taken [email protected] :) Espanyol AH +0.5 I think Espanyol have a bit better than 50% chance of geeting a result over 90 minutes. Sevilla have not been as convincing in this trophy as last season. 3pt profit overall :)

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday Bad luck those who called overs. How there wasn't a 3rd goal I don't know the game was certainly open enough and there were enough shots. I followed you all into this one, and with 2 goals going in by half time I managed to nicely cover my stake and get a small profit. Sevilla really should have seen overs home though.

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday im just glad they got their hands on the trophy in the end, hand money on Spurs to win it, at the start of the competition, but when i saw what Sevilla done to Spurs at WHL, had a cover bet on them to win the cup before there 2nd leg match up. Was screaming at the tv tonight, in extra-time when they kept messing about.Told the missus' Alves would miss his penalty, could tell from his body language. player i've rated through their superb season, is Renato, think the guy has got a real touch of class, but doesn't get enough credit behind the likes of Alves, Kanaoute, Fabiano, Navas etc... well done Sevilla, on achieving back to back UEFA cups.:cheers i think they could do well in the CL next season, they wont be able to back away from top class midfielders like Gerrard and Lampard and invite them to shoot from range.;)

Re: UEFA Cup final on Wednesday So glad I chose not to be greedy and hedged on Sevilla outright at 1/2. I also went under 2.5 but in all honesty, I thought that bet was sure to go down at half-time. I also went in again on Sevilla at 2/5 at the end of normal time, so all in all, a very profitable night. It's amazing how relaxed I was watching the game knowing that I was winning whatever the outcome - much better for the blood pressure. I have 7/1 about Liverpool next week, so a similar plan of action to hedge on Milan.