** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May

robilaruk

Re: Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May no probs - will catch up with you and Sam in Brum in a couple of weeks :) I'll take down the main prize for the PL forum Honour :ok Damo

Mate I'm 50/50 regarding tonight... I'm so knackered I'm not sure I can be arsed but I fancy a live game too. If we don't then 'gl'. :hope

Guest gazza271

Re: Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May

no probs - will catch up with you and Sam in Brum in a couple of weeks :) I'll take down the main prize for the PL forum Honour :ok Damo
How did you get on mate ?

Re: Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May great question - whats your play here blinds 200/400 you have nearly 6K (like most of the rest of the table) on the BB with A4s and the rock to your left has about 5K (he has played 2 hands all night and showed down the 2nd for AK top 2 pair, the first was folded to his pot bet on the flop) makes it 1500 to go UTG, a shortie shoves for 2200 - whats you play?

1. Call and see the flop
  2. reraise hoping the rock folds
  3. fold

and just say you do call and the rock shoves for his last 3K and a bit essentially putting you all in bar about 800 chips or so, what should you do now?

1. call for 'value'
  2. Fold

thoughts??????? any ideas??????? easy choice you would think....................... I thought it was an easy choice..................... in fact it it INCREDIBLY SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! obviously being a womble he called and hit trips on the flop, and then quads on the turn, so my AA got busted....... 3 hands in about 2 hours and the tosser calls me twice.......:eyes HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA had a great nite thanks, a chatty table until 'Bulldog' got busted, and half the table were women as well, they put them all on the same one bless 'em! - then it was wait and shove - next time I will just shove PF rather than value raise, maybe that way he might fold? :ok :ok :ok Damo not there next week, Brum the week after, so I'll be back in June - excellent tourny, excellent set up, exceelent nite and worth the hour or so drive to get there for me :clap

How did you get on mate ?

Re: Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May OMG no - I want him to call really - just amused that he had no comprehension about what was happening, and just blindly saw his A4 and thought that a raise reriase and reraise shove meant his hand was still good LOL he is in the notebook for next time :) what was interesting was 2 guys who were paying attention, and they just gave the villian a look, a shake of their head and a wry smile (I think they were mentally counting his chips in their stacks!! LOL) - they knew I had a good hand, but he didn't - interestingly they also had the 2 biggest stacks on the table - about 8K each - they could play a bit and knew who the regular fish were to take on - I had them down as a bit loose, but that was only early doors - when the blinds hit 100/200 they started playing ABC poker - they were gambling early to get some chips - something I might need to do next time rather than play the first hand, and then nothing until the blinds go to 200/400 (tho I never saw anything until then, cept 88 and a raise call and re-raise infront of me convinced me to fold) Damo

Something wrong here Damo? :unsure

Re: Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May

they could play a bit and knew who the regular fish were to take on - I had them down as a bit loose, but that was only early doors - when the blinds hit 100/200 they started playing ABC poker - they were gambling early to get some chips
A sure sign that they are regulars up there I think Damo cos they are used to rebuys and like to have a stack to play with. :ok

Guest gazza271

Re: Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May I'm deffo gonna come up one night for this, a few PL'ers there. Maybe if I post a few dates we can all hook up ? Saturdays the £15 freezeout right ?

Re: Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May yes - get around 120 players - so pays about first 20 5k starting stack and 20 min blinds Damo

I'm deffo gonna come up one night for this, a few PL'ers there. Maybe if I post a few dates we can all hook up ? Saturdays the £15 freezeout right ?

Re: Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May oh yes - one of them won the £500 tourny last weekend (well he chopped it with another fella - he qual'd thru the £10 rebuy super sat) - played loose then TAG and I mean AGGRESSIVE when the blinds got to 100/200 & 200/400

A sure sign that they are regulars up there I think Damo cos they are used to rebuys and like to have a stack to play with. :ok

• 2 months later...

Re: Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May Anybody play the £15 donkfest tonight? I finished 12th out of 102 (two short of the money). I was reasonably happy with my performance. I haven't played live in quite a while so much so that the computer system didn't recognise me! Seemed to be a mixed night. Early on I had AJo, accidentally raised and got four callers and flopped top two pair. I trap with a tiddler bet, one calls and one guy goes all-in leaving me with the caller and all-in guy. The guy who went all-in turns out to have AKo and promptly catches a king on the turn decimating my stack to just 1000 out of 5000 starting chips. Either wanting to stay in the tourney or just go home I went all-in a short while later with A8c and found myself with two callers. I managed to river a club flush and stay in the tourney. Later on with around 4 tables left a guy next to me in a green polo shirt who I managed to get a straight against after he called my all-in (I had pocket jacks, he had A9o and he was leading with a pair of aces and I needed a queen or a jack to survive and got it on the turn) seemed exasperated and muttered 'bullshit' when he knocked himself out going all-in with A7h against someone else's ATo. Not happy with some guy calling me 'the chink in the coat with the headband' about how unbelievable it was that I was still in the tourney (I was outrageously short-stacked throughout the last four tables) who wasn't even playing and was talking to some guy who just knocked himself out at a table next to mine. Didn't play with the guy at any stage on the night and I've never seen him before so I have no idea what beef he has with me. I should have said something to him but I didn't want to raise a fuss. Should have called more. Should have gambled more (I had Q7o and should have gone in on the big blind when short-stacked with 14 left even though he did have pocket aces as I'd have gotten two pair). Should have played like a LAG donk and just catch cards like some Asian kid still in the tourney (very talkative, seemed to hate me because he should have called my all-in when I had pocket jacks as he'd have knocked me out with a club flush on the river as he was holding 78c in mid-position). he decimated some girl's stack as she went all-in with AKo after he raised and he had 94o...he caught two pair! He called two all-ins with 8Td and managed to get a king high straight against two all-in callers. Not a particularly nice environment unless you have friends with you. It's very disparaging not to have people you know hating you just because you're there. I probably won't be playing again for another six months.

Re: Poker - Stoke Circus Tonight 12 May If its the Asian kid I'm thinking of, he is a total arse and many have complained about him including me. He had right ole rant at me one night when I outdrew him, calling me allsorts. When I threated to re-arrange his inscisors for him he blabbed on about being a student and having no money and he relies on poker and I have ruined his week etc etc :rollin:rollin:rollin You are right it is not nice being in that kind of environment and there are quite a few arseholes who go in there on a Saturday night. Try the Sunday tournies instead, smaller fields and better play :ok