** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Winter warmers 2004

Guest whoneedsrio

Guest whoneedsrio

Finally decided to enter the fray on this forum, always thought I'd end up in here at some point. I've been working on some methods for the aw for a while now so I thought I'd post them up & see how it goes. There should be 30 to 40 bets between now & the end of March & the first one goes today. Wolverhampton 3.20 Salerno. Have taken the 14/1 with Paddy Power. Happy new year to all, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Winter warmers 2004 Morning all, Salerno only eighth yesterday but did manage to get two points over the sp. Today the bet is Gallant Boy 2.25 Lingfield. W/R 0/1 P/L -1pt. All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Winter warmers 2004 Gallant Boy finished 8th staying on late but never dangerous. There was nothing at Southwell today or tomorrow. This new regional racing stuff is pretty dire & I shall be sticking to the normal aw stuff. W/R 0/2 P/L -2pts

Guest whoneedsrio

Off and running Thats better. Smith n Allan Oils gets up close home to win at 4/1, managed squeeze the extra half a point out as well, but for the record will stick to sp. W/R 1/3 P/L +2pts. All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Off and running These are coming a little quicker than I expected, however, Lingfield 2.50 Royal Prodigy. Post web site has it at 6/1 in their f/c All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Off and running Royal Prodigy 9th at 5/1, ran a stinker off a slow early pace. Nothing at Wolverhampton tomorrow. W/R 1/4 P/l +1pt. Cheers, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Off and running After a few quiet days a bet in the last at Lingfield. Tayif 3.50. I have taken 4/1, I can see this starting a little shorter. All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Off and running Thanks ralphie, I have to say I thought it was held on the line but the photo said otherwise. The method says two for today, Southwell 2.30 Soba Jones Southwell 4.00 Sendintank I've taken 5/2 for Soba Jones but the other is odds on & a no bet for me. W/L 2/5 P/L +5pts All the best, Rio.

Guest ralphie7

Re: Off and running Hi Rio Too Late for Soba Jones but it let me down last time it ran. i think it will win a race though. went in on Sendintank short price 8/13 but still a winner nice one mate ralphie

Guest whoneedsrio

Friday? Evening, Soba Jones could only manage 4th, did manage to beat the sp again though. Sendintank won but at the price I'm happy to leave alone. Blofeld in the 1.20 at Wolverhampton is a selction, f/c at 11/8 on the Racing Post site will be loking at the early prices tomorrow. W/L 2/6 P/L +4pts All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Friday? Blofeld unplaced at 9/4, ran a real stinker, never going at any point. Even worse took less than the sp. Nothing tomorrow at Lingfield. W/R 2/7 P/L +3pts Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Here comes the Number 9 Evening, Just like waiting for a bus, nothing then three come together. Only theres more than three! Lingfield 12.40 Tayif & Double M Lingfield 2.10 Hoult Bay & Lord Melbourne Lingfield 3.10 The Fisio Two races with duel qualifiers, pushed to choose I'll take Tayif & Lord Melbourne. I'm working tomorrow, I can get a bet on but can't post my choice so I'll say that I have a point on each & leave it at that. Cheers, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Lingfield Saturday Hoping to get back on track today, Lingfield 2.10 Ripple Effect. I've taken 4/1 but I'm uncertain if I've done the right thing there, Rowan Pursuit is being well backed & this could cause Ripple Effect to drift but as most firms were going 7/2 I'm happy enough. I also fancy Therealbandit today, although this will not be included in the returns as its an aw project. I've backed it to win & the pair in an ew Double, also had a small ante-post bet on Therealbandit as well, more on this in the Cheltenham ante-post thread. All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Lingfield Saturday Ripple Effect 2nd at 7/2, managed to beat the sp again but despite looking briefly like it might win as they entered the straight the winner was always in control. W/R 2/13 P/L -3pts My ew double also lost when Therealbandit bit the dust four out, not sure if he'd have won but I think he would have got second for the place double. Never mind ever onwards, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Quiet spell A quiet few days & after Wednesday I now stand at, W/R 2/15 P/L -5pts Strictly speaking there is no bet today but I keep looking at Ripple Effect in the 1.20 ( Lingfield ) this is one I backed last Saturday over 7f & which ran ok to come second. The fav for this is Prince Aaron which has won its last two over C&D ( 6f ) & looks the one to beat. In this classified stakes Ripple Effect is getting the 3lb sex allowance from Prince Aaron, if this was a handicap she would be giving him 5lb giving her an 8lb advantage on official ratings. Prince Aaron is an hold up type coming late to win on his last two starts. Ripple Effect runs up with the pace & over this 6f I am expecting her to try to kick for home on the final bend, just over a furlong from home & play catch me if you can. There are 14 runners but not much else makes any appeal to me. With the fav at around 6/4 & Ripple Effect available at 6/1 with bet 365 I have taken this price as I see this as a value bet. Good luck to all, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Turn, turn, turn-I hope Another quiet few days ends with, Scarrottoo 4.0 Wolverhampton tomorrow, should be around 4/1. Could do with a winner. Cheers, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Lingfield Wednesday A good run to finish a close 3rd at 9/1. W/R 2/18 P/L -8pts. Tomorrow, Southwell 2.10 Lady Bahia should be 4 or 5/1. Al the best, Rio.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whoneedsrio

Two for Saturday Decided to scrap the experiment which was too rigid & revert to my more usual methods. Two for today, Lingfield 2.05 Grand Passion Wincanton 2.10 D'argent Grand Passion was 2nd to Eastern Breeze LTO over C&D & is 4lb better off for a length & a half, Fallon on top today & a 4yo open to improvement, acts on the track. D'argent misses the Reynoldstown & a clash with Our Vic at Ascot to run here. Looks to have What's Up Boys who has had 476 days off to beat, the Nicholls pair Royal Auclair & Exit Swinger both look hard to win with these days. Not great prices but I've had 2pts win on Grand Passion at 13/8 with Coral & 2pts win at 11/10 D'argent with Victor Chandler. Also had a 1pt double at 6/4 & 11/10 with VC. All the best, Rio.

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: Two for Saturday D'argent is not going to win at Cheltenham jumping like that, most disappointing. However Grand Passion won & a shade cleverly too. 5pts staked in total, 2pts at 13/8 returns 5.25pts, no damage done. Rio.