** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

thanks Boytractor

Guest bowles10

Guest bowles10

I didnt fancy anything but wanted a bet so I thought Id have a go at Boytractors bet. shameless after eventing but you guys know me by now, i just had to tell you that today at Towcester I did: 3x3x3x3 81 x 1p EW 4folds This was the result: Jonalton placed 50/1 Damiens Choice placed 40/1 Flaming cheek placed 20/1 Blunham Hill placed 10/1 Bobs the business won 10/1 the bet of £1.62 paid £44 odd, just to show it can be done & with only placed lines. BT's staking method of 10p would have heralded £220 if done 5p ew. The scientific method used ? I picked the top 3 in the weights although one was 100/1 so i left that one out & picked the next one!!

Guest boytractor

thanks Boytractor Excellent bowles10 - I keep stating that patience is required. The permutation method is the way to go. Nice to see that I have given a new train of thought to winning ways!!

Guest ralphie7

Re: thanks BT have been thinking of using Andrews system but with Irish racing. haven't been able to find any ratings for Irish other than Towerform which is subscription based. was toying with paying for a month just to see how it panned out but will look at the top weights first now. don't know why but i like a bet on Irish racing. Have you ever looked at the Irish Andrew ? any thoughts guys ? ralphie

Guest bowles10

thanks BT I think when you do get a big one, it will put you well in profit, this sort of bet sits well at Cheltenhma & although I normally only do singles at Cheltenham, I'll be investing (only small) in some of these bets over the 3 days. My one was a peice of luck, I tried it on Thursday last week & got 2 out of 4 winners, on friday all 4 winners at sandown but did not place the bet!! The prices were short though with 9/2 being the best price & one of them 11/8. On sat, i got Inca Trail at 14/1 & Salhood @ 10/1 all going onto 4 horses in the 2.25 at newc but all failed to even make the frame. I havent posted any of these because I have just done them on the spur of the moment. Always the same method though, top 3 or 4 in the weights - perhaps there's a system there!!

Re: thanks BT I had a little go at boytractor's system last week but changed it to 3 selections from 3 races at 50p ew. Ended up with 8 ew winning lines (including a NR) and missed the win line with 2 1sts and a 2nd. Off a £27 stake, ended up about a fiver in profit. Not big profits but if the 2nd had come in 1st, it would have been very nice! Don't think this system is one to stick your last £20 on but it's definitely fun! The interesting thing about it is that you're trying to find races where the winner/favourites aren't short-priced. A complete opposite to my usual racing bets!

Guest boytractor

thanks Boytractor Ralphie, I've not tried the Irish - no particular reason though. Waynemcke - you've hit the nail on the head regarding winner/favourites not being short priced. As you say, a fun bet but also potential for massive returns for relatively small outlay.

Guest DannyCash

Re: thanks Boytractor I agree with you guys on this. As long as you have patience and good will power knowing that you are going to lose most days but on a winning day you will cover all your losses and more then you're ok. It's when you start swearing and becoming frustrated with the whole thing that you should give up this method. I do placepots a lot of the time, but mainly on the flat. I tend to do lots of outsiders and rarely include the favourite. I won 3 very large placepots last year and the winnings from these 3 alone totalled over £2000 but my outgoings were only £5 bets. I'm not trying to brag but proving IT CAN BE DONE!! Keep it up!