** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pop Quiz part XVII - Call or Fold

robilaruk

Pop Quiz part XVII - Call or Fold  

1. 1.

• easy call you have less than 1 BB left if you fold!
    • easy fold, and hope that a miracle happens!

short handed turbo, so only pays top two what are your thoughts? after posting the SB my chip count is actually 440, not 740, so monowerde has 570 left Damo 300.00/600.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 17 April 2007 14:19:22 Seat 1: LizziePL (740.00) SB Seat 3: monowerde (1170.00) BB Seat 4: luca2000 (4510.00) Seat 5: Gigi 1 (1080.00) LizziePL post SB 300.00 monowerde post BB 600.00 ** Deal ** LizziePL [Kd, 9c] *** Bet Round 1 *** luca2000 Raise to 1200.00 Gigi 1 All-in 1080.00 ME????

Re: Pop Quiz part XVII - Call or Fold I'll go first here, 'cos I usually give the WRONG advice. I'd fold. Luca might have been on the steal, but Gigi is likely to have a hand, and I don't want to risk K9os against 2, possibly 3 hands, even though it would leave me very short-stacked. Watch out for GaF telling me I'm wrong. McG

Re: Pop Quiz part XVII - Call or Fold LOL - not sure if there is a right or wrong answer am interested to see if there is a 'perfect' strategy in these situations (which I seem to be getting into far too often!) cheers Damo

I'll go first here, 'cos I usually give the WRONG advice. I'd fold. Luca might have been on the steal, but Gigi is likely to have a hand, and I don't want to risk K9os against 2, possibly 3 hands, even though it would leave me very short-stacked. Watch out for GaF telling me I'm wrong. McG

Re: Pop Quiz part XVII - Call or Fold Have to call with K9! You need to get into second place to make the money. If you win the hand you should be almost guaranteed 2nd. Mono will most likely fold as you will be blinded out before him if you fold this time and could be out altogether if you call. If you fold then you're chances of winning are small with the blinds as they are. I'd call and cross my fingers.

Re: Pop Quiz part XVII - Call or Fold I think you fold here and hope luca knocks the guy out. You will be then left on the bubble with 440 chips and the SB will hit monro and he will be down to 270 with action on him he might make the call & it's a race. With K9 and the Raise-Call(All in), I expect to be dominated here, one of them could very easily have AK/KQ/KJ/KT let alone a pair or 2. In my opinion you take a chance & fold, Monro may very easily call the 570 more all-in and it's 3 way with a good chance of 2 players being knocked out. The BB is affecting Monro more than you, i feel you have to let it go & ride your luck. You can always push on the next hand if the desired results don't happen and be at least Heads Up in a 1,240 pot which (if you win) will see you pass at least another circuit if you continue your tight play. I dont see value in the call here...

Re: Pop Quiz part XVII - Call or Fold Just a little something more here;

Seat 1: LizziePL (740.00) SB Seat 3: monowerde (1170.00) BB Seat 4: luca2000 (4510.00) Seat 5: Gigi 1 (1080.00)
*** Bet Round 1 *** luca2000 Raise to 1200.00 Gigi 1 All-in 1080.00
He raises to 1,200 (minraise i know) which in effect is the same as going all in, i have a sneaky feeling this guy has a monster and wants the call. He has basically said "Right lads, all in, who wants to play?". The raise covers everyone else at the table. I will at least put him on a mid-strong Ace, strong King or any pair. I think luca feels he's at least on the 5x% side of a cointoss and he can take the chance here with very little risk on his side.

Re: Pop Quiz part XVII - Call or Fold Apologies for the 3 posts in a row, but something here too...

LOL - not sure if there is a right or wrong answer am interested to see if there is a 'perfect' strategy in these situations (which I seem to be getting into far too often!) cheers Damo
You're playing a turbo SnG, which does swing luck as more of a factor than skill. There may not be a perfect strategy for playing these tournaments. With 1 minute blinds, you're letting a lot down to the poker gods...

Re: Pop Quiz part XVII - Call or Fold they are are 3 min blinds - so you get a chance to fold a hand or three :) Damo

Apologies for the 3 posts in a row, but something here too... You're playing a turbo SnG, which does swing luck as more of a factor than skill. There may not be a perfect strategy for playing these tournaments. With 1 minute blinds, you're letting a lot down to the poker gods...