** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4

Thursday 12 April 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Benfica v Español (19:45 BST)1.823.655.50101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerNext GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreCorner HandicapCornersCorners 1st HalfDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Corner TeamLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderRed CardSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a PenaltyTotal Cards O/UTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfWin Both Halves
Osasuna v Bayer Leverkusen (19:45 BST)2.063.504.33101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderRed CardSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a PenaltyTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfWin Both Halves
Tottenham v Sevilla (19:45 BST)2.263.503.65101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerNext GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer - - -Last Goalscorer1st Half Total Goals2nd Half PenaltyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreBookings PointsBoth Teams To ScoreCorner HandicapCornersCorners 1st HalfCorners Match BetDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Carded TeamFirst Corner TeamFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHome Team First Goal TimeKick-OffLast Corner TeamLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty AwardedRed CardSecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Miss a PenaltyTo Score a Hat-trickTo Score a PenaltyTo Win to NilTotal Cards O/UTotal Goal MinutesTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half
Werder Bremen v AZ Alkmaar (19:45 BST)1.644.106.50101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerNext GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -Qualify2nd Half PenaltyAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Goal Time 2nd HalfFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty AwardedRed CardSecond Goal TimeTeam To Score 2+Team To Score 3+Team To Score 4+Team To Score 5+Teams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTo Win to NilTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st HalfTotal Goals 2nd HalfWin Both HalvesWin Either Half

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 Tottenham 6-4 to qualify. Sevilla were very lucky they had a dodgy Ref in the first leg or else Spurs would have at least a draw and Sevilla not won in their last 4 away games so i'll take the above bet. :hope

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 with a 0-0 draw at Alkmaar last time, AZ with the attacking threat they have I am convinced they will do everything in their power to score at Bremen, this may clinch the tie on away goals. I hear that a few Werder players wont play, notably Mertesacker and Schulz. Although David Mendes da Silva wont play along with Opdam and Steinsson injured and suspended, I would expect them to score first because of the "away goal" factor, so I will be having 1 pt on Arveladze First goalscorer 10/1 at Coral. As for the result itself, leaving that well alone in case it finishes a draw. But a 1-1 will be enough for Alkmaar so perhaps them to qualify is an option.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 I would be surprised if Tainio played right back for Spurs tonight, More likely to be Philip Ifil imo. Otherwise I think the suggested team is right. I think the spurs team feel (rightly) as if they were on the wrong end of some bad refereeing last week and were denied what they felt they deserved. Tonight is obviously the opportunity to right that particular wrong and they will come out looking for early goals. The return of King is a big boost as he is a calming influence and key to getting some organisation into a defence that has looked shaky. I would expect both sides to score again tonight with Spurs to go through, possibly aet. Spurs @ 2.2 (PP) Over 2.5 @ 2.0 (BSq) Jenas fgs @ 17 (SJ)

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 Martin Jol has commented that he wanted to beat Seville comprehensively to repay the away fans support and determination. I think we can fully expect an attacking Spurs side who go for every opportunity to hit at Seville. This plays Seville in at either back against the wall or wanting to get an early goal and then shut up shop. Either way the first goal will be KEY to this tie. If Spurs score first then Seville NEED to score and will really push to get that away goal. On the other hand if Seville score first we could see a lot of negativity with them having done almost everything they need to qualify for the next round. I fail to believe that Spurs won't score, this doesn't happen many times. Against Chelsea they lost with no goals scored but I discount that result due to the overhaul of the starting team with Berbatov, Keane and Lennon all having been dropped to bench or off squad. This was set as the key game and so felt this would be the one that the team would really go for. I really feel that Seville showed very little that they are a threat to Spurs in the last game. Both goals came from contentious refereeing especially the penalty. If Spurs start like they did the other day the game will be over inside the first half. Only reason I feel coy about calling a prediction is that I'm worried of bias from my side as I'm Spurs fan. Still I can see O2.5 @ 2 with Betfair 3-1 score @

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 Martin Jol has commented that he wanted to beat Seville comprehensively to repay the away fans support and determination. I think we can fully expect an attacking Spurs side who go for every opportunity to hit at Seville. This plays Seville in at either back against the wall or wanting to get an early goal and then shut up shop. Either way the first goal will be KEY to this tie. If Spurs score first then Seville NEED to score and will really push to get that away goal. On the other hand if Seville score first we could see a lot of negativity with them having done almost everything they need to qualify for the next round. I fail to believe that Spurs won't score, this doesn't happen many times. Against Chelsea they lost with no goals scored but I discount that result due to the overhaul of the starting team with Berbatov, Keane and Lennon all having been dropped to bench or off squad. This was set as the key game and so felt this would be the one that the team would really go for. I really feel that Seville showed very little that they are a threat to Spurs in the last game. Both goals came from contentious refereeing especially the penalty. If Spurs start like they did the other day the game will be over inside the first half. Only reason I feel coy about calling a prediction is that I'm worried of bias from my side as I'm Spurs fan. Still I can see O2.5 @ 2 with Betfair 3-1 score seems big odds with Betfair @ 21 So may try 3-1 with Keane fs and 3-1 with Berbatov fs Also as Spurs need to attack from the off then maybe Spurs/Spurs in HT/FT market. That's available at a largeish 4 with Betfair.. Best of luck people with any bets you take today!!

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 im gonna go for spurs to win the match @ 2.26, i would rather do this as opposed spurs to qualify bet, afterall spurs could win 2-1 and lose in extra time/penalties or they could win 3-2 and still not qualify. its a chance i wont be taking, pick 1 : Tottenham win pick 2 : Tottenham/W.Bremen double gl, thanks

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 Espanyol +0.5 for me at around 2.20 on betfair. I rate Espanyol as a good outfit. unlucky to lose to Valencia recently and generally in good form. Let's not forget they were destroying Benfica 3-0 until Benfica were allowed to come back. A safer bet may be both sides to score. But I can't find it at my usual bookies.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 Does somebody know which team has intention to go through in the next round, because many of them have domestic championship to fight for. Going through in semifinal means two more legs, maybe some of them wanna concentrate on their league.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4

Does somebody know which team has intention to go through in the next round' date=' because many of them have domestic championship to fight for. Going through in semifinal means [b']two more legs, maybe some of them wanna concentrate on their league.
Nobody quits any tournament. They can come up with a team of reserves or juniors but still they will go for a win. The second players sometimes play much better than the first, because they are rested and eager for place in first team.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 Werden Bremen SV - Alkmaar AZ Pick:Double chance X2 @ 2.37 Bet365 Werder as mega favourites and I wonder why.They play at home and a win is possible but I don’t believe it will be as easy as the odds at offer suggest. Werder are not impressing any more and the team’s strong points,fluent attacking play and Kloze’s scoring ability,have not been seen since the restart of the german league back in January.They seem to have tightened their defence but latest opponents were rather mediocre offencively.They probably were forced to pay more attention in defending since goals don’t come that easy anymore.They are still envolved in the league title race but haven’t secured next year’s Champions League participation.They must be interested in progressing to the UEFA Cup semifinals but I doubt this is their priority.Important central defender Mertesacker has got injured and will be missing along with regular defenders Wome,Schulz and midfielder Jensen. Alkmaar are having a great season so far,still battling for the Dutch league title,the domestic cup and the UEFA Cup competition,despite being a new,unexperienced team.Their coach’s,Van Gaal,vast experience is their most valuable asset.Along with the club’s president’s ambition to establish a new power both in Holland and Europe,constant improvement is guaranteed.They are already known for their effective attacking play but recently have improved in defending.Being the underdog for today’s match I believe suits them best.They will find enough open space since only a win would do for Werder and scoring will be easier than in the first game between the two.Regular right back Steinsson is suspended but important midfielder Saars is available again after long-term injury.The team’s most experienced player,striker Arveladze,was rested and took no part in last league game.I see Alkmaar scoring at least once and getting at least the draw.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 There are four teams that have a chance of winning their respective leagues! Seville are currently 2nd, 1 point off Barcelona, Benfica are 2nd, 3 points off Porto, and AZ Alkmaar sit 2nd, 2 points off PSV and Werder Bremen are 2 points off Schalke

Doesnt Any1 think that Osasuna - Bayer Leverkusen is worth a big stab at ? OSSASUNA are 3-0 up on AGG and they are playing at home. 1.9 Osasuna to win surely ? wat u think guys?
I will be laying Osasuna big time. They will not put much effort into this. Leverkusen will be underestimated for sure.

Doesnt Any1 think that Osasuna - Bayer Leverkusen is worth a big stab at ? OSSASUNA are 3-0 up on AGG and they are playing at home. 1.9 Osasuna to win surely ? wat u think guys?
though an Osasuna victory is likely, i am not putting myself back in the position i had myself in yesterday when I backed Liverpool in the identical spot. Luckily PSV got a man sent off and Crouch found the net for 1-0 final but was nervewrecking

though an Osasuna victory is likely' date=' i am not putting myself back in the position i had myself in yesterday when I backed Liverpool in the identical spot. Luckily PSV got a man sent off and Crouch found the net for 1-0 final but was nervewrecking[/quote'] Same here, the mighty Crouch pulled me through that one! :dude

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 In my eyes the Os/bayer situation is completely different to psv/liv.... that is Psv lost because of loss of key personel and liverpools blistering form however i do believe that the primary if not the only reason bayer lost was the early goal.... not taking anything from Oss but the early lapse shook bayers attack... with plenty of chances they just couldnt recover... i think in this situation 3-0 down with no pressure Bayer pose a serious threat as in form they definately rival Oss esspecially as much as the coach will say "we know we're not through yet" and "We are going to play for every minute" it doesnt happen... generally.... sorry my passage here is of such low quality but im sure you get my drift....:dude Either way these are my bets for tonight..... Espanyol- Benfica, Over2.5 @ 2.1 Spurs, win @ 2.15 Spurs- Sevilla, Over2.5 @ 2.05 AZ Alkmar, to Qualify @ 2.75 (Great odds seen as any draw but 0-0 will c Alkmar through... im sure no1 can see another 0-0 even then theres always penalties) Bayer, +0.5 @ 1.91 All equal stake.... Gl all and stay :dude

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 Selection: Werder Bremen - Az Alkmar Pick: Miroslav Klose to score @4,50 at bwin Reasoning: First of all, Klose hasnt scored a goal for ages and it is really more because of his unluckiness. I watch almost every game of Werder and he is really doing a lot up in the front, but is simply unlucky. Against Nuremberg who have the best defence in Bundesliga he also had several chances. He could have scored in the last minute was one on one with a Goalie when refferee decided to signal an end and even prolong his agony. I think, I just have this feeling that he is gonna score the decisive goal in this match. When nobody trusts him he will make it. :D Good luck Miro Klose and to all of you.

Osasuna can coast through today. I won't get involved with this match.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 Werder Brema - Az OVER 2.5 @1,8 Stan James 10/10: After the draw in the first leg Werder Brema have the chance to continue in their Uefa Cup run, in fact they can win this home match against AZ ALkamaar.

In the last championship matches Werder didn’t impress a lot and also they didn’t score easily, only one goal in the last three matches, including the first Uefa Cup leg.

An example for all is Klose, the mainly forward of WB has scored his last goal more than 2 months ago.

For this match Mertesacker, Wome e Schulz will miss in the defender line for WB while it could be on the field, after a long period, Borowski.

On the other hand AZ in the national championship is only 2 points less than PSV and in the last 12 matches they won 7 times and drew the other 5; for this night match they will play without Barry Opdam and Grétar Steinsson both important defender players.

Both teams have some defender problem and so it could be probable that more than 2 goals will be scored.

Probabile line up

Werder Brema: Tim Wiese; Clemens Fritz, Naldo, Petri Pasanen, Jurica Vranješ; Patrick Owomoyela, Torten Frings, Diego, Tim Borowski; Miroslav Klose, Aaron Hunt. AZ Alkmaar: Boy Waterman; Gijs Luirink, Kew Jaliens, Ryan Donk, Tim de Cler; Julian Jenner, Demy de Zeeuw, Moussa Dembélé, Maarten Martens; Shota Arveladze, Danny Koevermans. GL

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 Sevilla after the win with Barca looks a bit tired, or maybe emotionaly drained, plus all those games in Primera and UEFA forced them to loose that sparkle they had and to look quite boring lately. Tottenham on the other hand turned things around when they had 5 wins in a row in PL, and then it came that loss with Chelsea in last round. But who can count on pts there anyway? Maybe fair result would be 2:1 and ET. Both teams deserves to play in semis, let them fight till the end for it... Spurs should have the edge at home, and Sevilla is definetely capable of scoring. A try on Tottenham to win by one, Centrebet @4.00, aswell as Total goals: 3 , gamebookers @4.00.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 Spurs v Sevilla:D This morning i realy fancied spurs strongly so i backed them h/t f/t at 5/2 with P Power This afternoon i was looking at the stats,and found that sevilla have been losing only twice at h/t both away in 50 games this season:eek one of them at barca. so i have covered x/1 know stats are not to be trusted,but 2/50 :unsure

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 My bets for tonight Tottenham win Werder - AZ over 2,5 Benfica - Espanyol over 2,5 Tottenham - Sevilla over 2,5 Expecting an evening with lots of goals :-). Having a beer and as a bonus for an eventually perfect evening, I also put them in a combo :-). Fingers crossed and have a good luck you all.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 12/4 I will be laying Espanyol this evening. I fancy Benfica to win on the nite but will try and play it safe instead. Staying well clear of the Werder and Osasuna matches. Spurs I have backed to win the match. Also, laid Seville as i feel they wont go to win in the match.