** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup quarters Thu 5/4

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 5/4 Bear in mind the spurs centre halves tonight will be Dawson and Chimbonda and that will make us vulnerable. I will be delighted if we can come away with a 1-2 as I don't think a clean sheet is an option against the quality of Sevilla on their own patch. Fingers crossed for an attack-minded approach to make the most of our forwards' qualities rather than an attempt to smother them as that is dangerous and wont work.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 5/4

Ok' date=' Sorry i take it all back, after seeing Jermaine Defoe on Ready Steady Cook just now i feel Spurs have no chance of winning. I mean what are Footballers doing on shows like this? LOL. :lol[/quote'] Martin Jol didn't pay him well enough.. :lol

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 5/4 I see many people are picking either Sevilla win or Spurs win because of value. At this stage of the competition all teams are strong and have potential to win this cup. I'm picking draw in each games tonight. 1 Draw result will cancel out the loss. 2 Draws will result in profit Good luck

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 5/4 Leverkursen down to a goal 0-1 as early as 1st minute. Its 25th minute now and they seem to have regain composure and are starting to control the match with 76% possesion. I'll take Leverkursen -0.5:-1 at odds 2.11 to at least force a draw when Osasuna is leading 1 goal now

Another factor is that Spurs are riding their luck, having cleared the handicap in 7 out of 8 outings. Wins versus Braga (2), WestHam, and Reading are pretty much lucky and those teams can't come any close to the opponent tonight. The trend will stop somewhere and this match is a perfect chance. Sevilla's win in Ukraina should consolidate their confidence and they have the quality to turn confidence into something measurable. Of course, I won't write off Spurs (who can?) but to bet they'll win in Seville is a little adventurous. The best result for the visitors is a draw and they have to perform better than ever to earn that. I'll stake heavily on Sevilla's win tonight.
Can we pretend that Spurs didnt dominate both Braga games and the Reading game? If so then yep your theory makes total sense but the truth is that but for poor finishing Spurs could have done better results! Spurs are capable of getting a result but depends what Sevilla they face and how the first 20 minutes pans out.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 5/4 It never ceases to amaze me how people over estimate the performance of English/Scottish teams in Europe. In terms of football skill, ability to create chances, open up teams, La Liga is the best. Sevilla are one of the top 4 teams in Spain. Tottenham are not one of the top teams in England. Tottenham have a very good attack, however in Salteri and Young I doubt the full backs ability to withstand the Sevilla attacks. Personally, I'd be very very surprised if Tottenham won this match. To be honest, I'd be genuinely shocked. I expect Seville to win, and I think Jol will be intent on scoring at least one away goal. This will be an open game I feel but I think everything points to Tottenham losing this match. My tips are: Lay Tottenham 3 goals of more First goal before 27minutes Seville to Qualify for Semi

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 5/4 I managed to insert quite a large sum on Sevilla HT and HT/FT right after the Spurs goal. Gonna go for Sevilla -1.5 AH now. Almost half of my bank on Sevilla tonight.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 5/4 Tottenham look dangerous going forward, but thats because Sevilla are kack at the back. This game has plenty more goals in it i reckon. I reckon defo get at least one goal in the second half, possibly two goals, but i reckon Spurs will score away!

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 5/4 2/3 of the post above hasn't been decided yet. And I have been on Sevilla all the way, search for my ealier posts. Sorry if it causes you some bitter but you'd better blame it on someone else.

Re: UEFA Cup quarters Thu 5/4 So then after all the discussion the ayes to the right have it. In other words a lot of people under-estimated Spurs and if not for one of the worst decisions i've ever witnessed then Spurs would have got at least a point out of this game. And they say European football isn't corrupt :lol:lol Also Leverkusen had a nightmare by the looks of it, and somehow the AZ game was scoreless. Anyway, again the game provides us with unpredictability, which is a bugger for us punters :( I fully expect Spurs to advance.

So then after all the discussion the ayes to the right have it. In other words a lot of people under-estimated Spurs and if not for one of the worst decisions i've ever witnessed then Spurs would have got at least a point out of this game. And they say European football isn't corrupt :lol:lol Also Leverkusen had a nightmare by the looks of it, and somehow the AZ game was scoreless. Anyway, again the game provides us with unpredictability, which is a bugger for us punters :( I fully expect Spurs to advance.
Good game, but some home town decisions there, especially the penalty which was a perfectly good save. The police "intervention" also altered the picture a bit, at least in terms of the market movements. Twice in 2 days English supporters get the baton. Hope this isn't the start of a general trend. Not Jol's best starting 11 IMHO given Malbranque was on the bench. Maybe he didn't start Malbranque and Lennon together because he had one eye on the upcoming game with Chelsea? At least there were some goals :)

Fancy Sevilla tonight purely because of their home advantage, if this was the final played at a neutral ground i would n't want to call it, but Sevilla will be a tough place for spurs to get a result, they've beaten Real Madrid and Barca in their own backyard and spurs away form of 3-5-7 is hardly inspiring. Spurs are no mugs and Sevilla realise its vital to take a lead to WHL for the second second leg, if they intend on holding onto the UEFA Cup. pick : Sevilla win @ 1.84 betfair gl, everyone,:hope should be decent game anyway.
easy money :clap :cow :clap :tongue2 why are people saying Fatz is 'after eventing' when he clearly states he's backing Sevilla to win in an earlier post?! hope you made enough from the Sevilla win Fatz, i know i did mate:clap :ok