** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Inside Info!

Re: Inside Info!

please use the proper thread m8 sorry new to all this but dont understand why this is the wrong thread i put that tip up earlier because i had inside info and all i done was commented on the result of the tip, where should it have gone?

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Inside Info! To be fair no offence to the people on here that actually posted up proper inside information, its appreciated win or lose, but people on here just posted up there own tips in here saying it was inside information, ruined the thread really I expected one or two tips in here a day at max but there ended up being a lot of inside information in a lot of races, it just doesn't happen. Shame really, still be nice to hear when people have some inside information though. :ok

Re: Inside Info! I used to manage the big betting shop in Melton Mowbray, as you may or may not know there are lots of racing stables in that area, we used to get all the stable staff in EVERY day spouting about some horse thats burning up the gallops, in their dreams they all think the horse they look after is a future Derby winner in reality there ordinary, we had trainers, head lads, you name it all putting fortunes on, rarely it came off many, many times i was banking the cash the next day. My point is that these guys probrably sleep with their charges and they dont know if they are going to win, the best they can be sure of is that the horse is trying, so treat any tips with maximum caution before lumping on is my advice. The most successful gambles are those that are kept under wraps until 10 minutes before the off, then its obvious by the betting, they dont get put on a public forum, of all places.

I used to manage the big betting shop in Melton Mowbray, as you may or may not know there are lots of racing stables in that area, we used to get all the stable staff in EVERY day spouting about some horse thats burning up the gallops, in their dreams they all think the horse they look after is a future Derby winner in reality there ordinary, we had trainers, head lads, you name it all putting fortunes on, rarely it came off many, many times i was banking the cash the next day. My point is that these guys probrably sleep with their charges and they dont know if they are going to win, the best they can be sure of is that the horse is trying, so treat any tips with maximum caution before lumping on is my advice. The most successful gambles are those that are kept under wraps until 10 minutes before the off, then its obvious by the betting, they dont get put on a public forum, of all places.
Similar to our local dog racing when it's all quiet a couple of minutes before the race,then suddenly a mad rush to the bookies and they're all on a long shot that had been fed sausages in every race up to that point..

Similar to our local dog racing when it's all quiet a couple of minutes before the race' date='then suddenly a mad rush to the bookies and they're all on a long shot that had been fed sausages in every race up to that point..[/quote'] Very true, the trainer i used (mention no names, but at Sunderland, Brough Park) they gave them a half a tablet that slowed their heart rate down, this also slowed their reactions a tad and hey presto they missed the break when the traps opened and ran lost the race without looking too suspicious, it cost them half a second which is about 5 lengths in greyhound form. Things change as the vets get wiser, but it still happens on the flapping tracks up north.

Re: Inside Info! As this thread has now gone silly, I'll join in. This is sure to run well Leaky Bucket in the first at Fontwell. And a tip that I've been asked to spread around a bit to get the price down as the trainer is already on. Margarine in the last at Leicester. And finally, what must be the most raced horse in history, the horse that runs in every race in a betting shop but never appears on a BF screen. Bar - it's always a big price, bound to win one day.

Re: Inside Info! Congrats on killing this thread. Certain members of PL have had it in for this thread for a while and have been waiting for the first opportunity to unsticky it/kill it off. Well you've played right into their hands. This thread had one purpose and one purpose only and that was to provide pure inside information. Despite several warnings and grumblings from the mods/well respected posters, it's turned into a playground and I don't blame whichever mod has unstickied it and in effect, killed it off. Thanks to the guys who have passed through some fantastic information over the last couple of months. :ok

Re: Inside Info! Quite right Wayne, there has been some good stuff and it is a great shame it has been turned into a joke shop. No problem with a bit of fun but why not start a jokes thread and leave this one to be used as it was intended. I hope sanity returns.

Quite right Wayne, there has been some good stuff and it is a great shame it has been turned into a joke shop. No problem with a bit of fun but why not start a jokes thread and leave this one to be used as it was intended. I hope sanity returns.
The jokes had nothing to do with where this thread was heading..Maybe sped it up a bit....Some people wanted it gone anyway ,that was obvious... at the end of the day we all have the same goal,to take money from the bookies...This thread nor the forum owes nothing to anybody and is a great informitive site with some good people and great readers of racing...But in my opinion some people are just too uptight and should lighten up a tad.. IT's understandable that a forum needs to have certain rules,and as i said about the jokes earlier,i was sorry to put them up..I think as this thread is going to go now that we PM each other the info we think is good..That way it won't lead to bad feeling or sniping...