** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4

Anyone watching the Bayern match? Its not on Sky :eyes Any views on what way it is going?
I'm watching Bayern game on ITV4, will let you know how things are going soon enough. At the moment not a lot is really happening with neither team having the creative player to force open rela chance. Gattusso is playing so well. Bayern definitely holding their own and Milan only made one real save, a good save by Rensing.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Liverpool in running on betfair are 1.43 and to be honest, i'd plough into them if anyone can. They look so much better than PSV and PSV arent even really attacking Liverpool. More trying to contain Liverpool and stop them from scoring. Whenever Liverpool launch a half decent attack they look like scoring. PSV with 10 men in their own half as soon as Liverpool get the ball

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Milan 1-0 ahead and think they will push on for the win now. Bayern seem often so narrow defensively and Milan seem to be exploiting that. Gilardinho has had a decent header saved and Pirlo scored with a looping header.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 i watch both games, mister dale cooper! liverpool is gonna win easily, and milan has nothing to fear from this poor bayern team, milan plays enough to beat a really poor bayern, i hope both to win ( liverpool and milan) by 2-0 cheers mate :beer

It's no reflection on the many great punters here. Nor do I think that what we do effects the outcomes of sports' date=' obviously. However, I have definitely seen repeatedly where everyone seems to be on the same bet, and their reasoning is similar, too...and then the opposite happens. Maybe this is just selective memory on my part. However, there are those games where only one outcome seems possible, and the odds even look okay, and then of course it turns out that we've all overlooked the same thing...or the other team is in fact better than everyone says, or there's an unlucky break...or whatever.[/quote'] As far as I remember, this happen quite often. Doesn't always happen, but if it were to be compared, I would say from my experience this happens more often compared to the bets get through. Just a superstition maybe, its strange but its certainly happening a lot. Anyway, AC Milan been pressing quite hard and I see no way for Bayern to get back unless they change their approach in this match. Only good thing I see from Bayern this half, was their long range effort which doesn't really hurt either. AC Milan should score more imo if they have 1 more striker upfront. Gilardino seems to be getting marked quite well by Lucio at times.

Weirder still that people actually think our bets have a reflection on the reality of the match. I can only see that odds will be lower if everyone is getting on Liverpool now. Still could be worth a bet if people are confident enough in their selection of Liverpool to win. I think Liverpool will win 1-0 as they will be happy to come here and just take a result. Will see them likely playing conservative football with thoughts of counter attacking football. PSV looked toothless on the whole against Arsenal and only scored at home through long distance effort. I can see Liverpool keeping a clean sheet and stealing a goal. 1-0 @ 7 with Betfair 6/10 for pick Have a feeling on Riise scoring, don't ask me why maybe it's just one of my naive hunches. As a result I'm going to go small stakes on him scoring any time @ 8.4. Would have first scorer but by any time would cover the bet if the 1-0 I predicted above wasn't to happen. Ie if Riise scored a 2nd goal for Liverpool or maybe an equaliser to a PSV strike. With Milan v Bayern I think Milan need to get the win and as such and with their history they will. I don't think the game will be pretty and could be settled by just the one goal.
:nana Pleased to see one of my bets come off!

Well Milan 1-0 it ain't over till its over........ I guess I was at least right about Pirlo anyone know the odds offered before match time for anytime goalscorer? Max Rob stop smiling
Nope but you will be able to check bet results later on Will Hill to at least see what they had him priced at to score any time. Good call though! :clap

How are Bayern doing this half' date=' any chance?[/quote'] I'd say the game was Milan's unless they wanted to throw it away. Bayern are mainly defending and when they attack they are getting slack with passes and just not looking good. I thought Bayern were better than how they're playing. Think Milan might get a second but Lucio is playing well at back for Bayern.

liverpool leading 2-0 i hope psv not to score, and also liverpool not to score more than 3, then i have full house winner, lets see...:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
No more goals for you QuantumParadox, Already 0-3:hope

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Strange how people are so clueless at times in live betting. Odds for goals being scored go up as time progresses irrespective of the way the game is turning out. The current result is the favourite result inspite of the fact that there looks to be more goals in the game!

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 Salvation I believe for all those that took a bet at Ladbrokes on first scorer and were wrong. Think they were offering a deal where if Kaka scored last goal people's losing fs bets would be returned.

Re: CL quarters first leg - Tue 3/4 - Wed 4/4 As I was saying about live betting earlier....layed Milan's win at 1.05 to win £10 from a 50p stake! If people say this is aftering I can upload proof of the bet etc.... just thought Bayern had good chance of getting something late on and hell they did!! Well done anyone who made winning bets tonight! Mugs what I had said in my last post about Kaka scoring the last goal! lol