Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion

TAB has got the match odds markets up: MELBOURNE $1.25 WESTS TIGERS $3.75 BRISBANE $1.45 NORTH QLD $2.65 WARRIORS $1.60 PARRAMATTA $2.25 CRONULLA $1.60 PENRITH $2.25 MANLY $1.18 CANBERRA $4.50 BULLDOGS $1.75 KNIGHTS $2.00 GOLD COAST $1.55 ST GEORGE $2.35 ROOSTERS $1.60 SOUTHS $2.25 Early days yet and hard to say anything really appeals. Handicaps and other side markets the ones to look out for. I'll be paying close attention to the handicaps given to the Raiders and Tigers. Total game points lines for Brisbane and Melbourne games will be interesting too. This thread also for other season discussions regarding new signings etc.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: NRL Round 1 (Mar 16-Mar 19) + Season Discussion Telecast details This year sees the return of Monday Night Football. In addition to this there are now 2 Friday Night games each round. Channel 9 will show 1 game LIVE on Friday night with the other game replayed immediately after. I believe they will also show 1 LIVE Sunday afternoon game. Foxtel will cover all the other games LIVE including Monday Night Football. In a very pleasing news, Foxtel Digital subscribers will now also get to choose which game to watch on a Saturday night. Previously they would show 1 game live and replay the other game afterwards. Now through use of the red button we can now choose which game to watch, much like the Australian Open tennis telecast. Split screen to watch both games live is also a possibility (I believe). All in all it's fantastic news for league watchers with basically 7 of the 8 games available for live viewing each week. For UK viewers, I believe broadcast is now with Setanta Sports, but this is just what I have heard on other forums and haven't actually verified this for myself.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.