** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 All depends how stubborn Porto can be against the Chelsea attack. I'm watching the Liverpool-Barca game so don't know how Chelsea are playing. I can see a 1-1 if Porto succeed in their defensive job. Roma look like a great bet for all those that backed them! GL for the second halves people!!

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Chelsea are creating just not taking. To be honest you could imagine Porto knocking Chelsea out couldnt ya. Revenge for Jose and all that. Lyon are gone. Watching liverpool match too, barcelona are gone in my opinion. Liverpool will probably win the match. Inter Milan V Valencia is still in the balance but my head says Valencia.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3

Barca have lost 2 in 20 European ties although Liverpool have lost 1 in 13 at Anfield in the CL, they have never beaten a Spanish side at Anfield in the CL drawing 2 and losing 2.
and they arent going to win tonight but at least they go through.

Ok I think Liverpool will perform their usual defensive heroics at Anfield and spurred on by the crowd they can go through against a Barca team that hasn't been firing of late. Barca I fancy might still win it though so i'm going for: Barcelona to win 1-0 @ 13/2 (Paddy Power) added reason to take this is paddys will give you your money back if Ronaldinho scores the last goal :ok
THAT....you can call a good night..congrats mate..no need for money back;)

Barcelona to win 1-0 @ 13/2 (Paddy Power)
get in! top finish from Gudjohnsen, and some heroics from Liverpool's defence and the woodwork! that has to be my best tip on PL yet, I hope someone out there got on!

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Damn! :sad Had Chelsea at U2.5 (£20), Port Vale to win (£10) and Derby to win (£10)... lost just over £20 - not the best of nights! Least there is always tomorrow to pull back the losses! :eyes

Event: Champions League Match: Lyon Vs Roma Selection: Roma straight win Price & Strength: 5.8 at Betfair, 2/10 In the last 16 of the Champions League I simply can't not have a dabble on Roma at this price. Lyon are not world beaters and their bad run in Ligue 1 proved this. When I look at both the teams, I simply can't say Lyon is better. Roma have some real magicians like Totti, Mancini etc. Whilst Mexes will be anxious to shine at the heart of the defence in his homeland. Lyon are a good side with good chances, but Roma have chances too and many more than a price of 5.8 suggests.
very good work here! as you can see @ my statment i backed Lyon! but for the next time :cheers

very good work here! as you can see @ my statment i backed Lyon! but for the next time :cheers
Thanks :cow Had a feeling for Roma. There are no bad teams at this stage of the competition (apart from Lille :rollin ) so all results are possible and Roma touching 6 on betfair was just absurd. :cheers small Barca, Inter double went down though :( Can't see too much tomorrow yet :\

A friend advice: don't go full bank for anything. There are no certain results. Talking of a certain result on a CL finals game is childish. Your pick can come true as certain as any other pick. The value is very low and even if you win your winning will not cover the next certain bet that you are going to loose. Just trying to give some common sense .. but after all it is your money :lol:lol:lol Liverpool will play defensively at Anfield. That's a good one ... :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol :dude
I'm not going to say 'I told you so' or anything like that - in fact far from it. How Liverpool didn't win that game I will never know. Barca only turned up for around 15 minutes. On tomorrow's games I am a little worried about the 2 English teams. Arsenal have a habit of conceeding at the Emirates, usually first, making it an uphill battle. Man Utd are according the the bbc website going to play some of the squad players to keep the morale high - worth a look to see what the team sheet is. Man Utd also have scraped through thier last 2 games with last minute winners - not exactly the best performances at all. Milan on the other hand I really can't see winning here - Celtic just are too weak in comparison in my opinion. Just my thoughts...

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 For Man U I'm a bit concerned about their player's goal scoring exploits in Europe! Rooney not having scored since his debut and Ronaldo not scoring in Champions League while playing for United. I think they should still beat Lille but it's going to be a close one! I was tempted otherwise to back a Milan/Man U double @ 1.9 Problem is when you lose bets your are so sure you will win, suddenly all those doubts creep in and leave you uncertain about everything! :unsure

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Enough upsets s far with underdogs L'pool, Roma, & Valencia moving on. Chelsea didn't have an easy go of it either. If Mancini begins to play like he did last season around this time of year(his goal today was definately a good indicator) and Totti is still in great form Roma have a great chance to win the CL. If they still have odds over 10 they are definately worth a wager.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Here you go Gerrie watch any premiership or top domestic european and all champions league games, til your hearts content!!! http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/index.html

Anyone know where the Milan Celtic match is showing? Anywhere on the Net that i could watch or listen to commentary? Cant find anyone showing it?

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Bayern - Real Back Bayern at 2.16 at betfair From bbc: Bayern Munich have injury doubts over Brazilian defender Lucio and midfielder Hasan Salihamidzic after the pair pulled up in training on Monday. Strikers Lukas Podolski and Roy Makaay are in confident mood after scoring in Saturday's win over Hertha Berlin. Real Madrid could be without Fabio Cannavaro after the defender hurt a thigh during training on Tuesday. The Spanish are without David Beckham and Jose Antonio Reyes, who both picked up knee injuries on Saturday. Reasoning: 1. Real in shitty form 2. Bayern getting into form 3. Stats between those teams on German field 4. Real injury list 5. Real team spirit very low in every game. You cannot afford that in CL game where everyone play at 110%. Good luck all :hope :dude:dude:dude

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 I think that all odds for a 3 way bet are shit. But these bets really caught my eye Kaka to score first goal @ 7.00 (Kaka will be fired up today and Milan are expected to field just one striker with Kaka just behind him, dont forget that he scored 5 goals in this year's edition) Henry to score first goal @ 5.00 (Arsenal expect a lot from him today on his return) Ac Milan vs Celtic Ht X - Ft 1 @ 4.50 (Typical of Milan's home matches) If these are played in a system + the straight it gives an enormous profit :hope Im just undecided if to play kaka and henry as first goal scorers or last goal scorers in the match Also Ambrosini to score last goal is terrific @ 21.00 (He will start the match and he has a fantastic header and its not the first time he gave milan the win. Just remember The semi final against psv of 2005 and a week ago against sampdoria in the last minutes What you guys think?

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Hmm lost my main bet, but my best tip last night was Ballack to score anytime for Chelsea which I said on page 2. Barcelona try and walk the ball in the net and remind me a lot like Arsenal as they just don't play simple, Eto'o, Messi and Ronaldinho were all kept out by Liverpool credit to their defence. Milan Vs Celtic Correct Score 2-1 Under 2.5 goals Celtic+1 Asian Handicap Nakamura to score anytime (Has played initaly with Reggina, and Milan give away a lot of fouls.) Arsenal Vs PSV Correct Score 2-0 Under 2.5 goals ARSENAL to Qualify Manchester Utd Vs Lille Correct Score 3-0/3-1 to Manchester Utd Rooney to score anytime Over 2 goals B Munich Vs Real Madrid Correct Score 2-0 Under 2.5 goals B Munich to qualify B Munich-Double Chance (Win/Draw) I'll be on just Manchester United and Arsenal to win tonight in a double to try get my money back from last night.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 I don't understand why eevryone thinks Milan will win so easy, I feel this game could go either way maybe to extra time or even Celtic winning on away goals at like 1-1. Is there something i'm missing because if so i'd like to know because i'd add Milan to my accy, also by looking at the games, all home sides to win today? Pays 5/1... All down to B Munich and Milan...

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Celtic's back four is very inexperienced. They are going to have to combat and prevent an onslaught from Milans midfield of Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ambrosini and Kaka. With Inzaghi or Gilardino up front, can you honest not see Milan scoring at least once. I think if Milan score early on as in the first 30mins, this match could be hammering for Celtic. With a goal for Milan then Celtic will need to attack Milan, and Milan on the break could punish Celtic time and time again. Plus the Champions League is the only possible silverware for Milan this year and they are sturggling in 4th place in the league. Just cant see Milan going out to Celtic tonite to be honest. And Milan at 4/9 to win at home to Celtic........I reckon Milan should be 1/4.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Ok thanks, what about if erm Nakamuras pace gets past Milans defence and feeds a ball in for Hesselink and then he scores and makes it 1-0 or 1-1. will Milan be able to cope with the pressure, I feel Milans defence is not brilliant and this is shown in Serie A they are missing Nesta and seem to concede near enough every game!? Also not sure about their attacking ability and will be relying on Kaka a lot, but also I know Celtics defence aren't world beaters so I can see the favour of Milan. I'm going with this accy: Manchester United (Win) Arsenal (Win) AC Milan (Win) B Munich (Win/Draw) Pays just over 3/1 and i'll have a bit of that to try make up for last night, can't see Munich losing, but I can see Real Madrid playing negative football in Capellos stupid tactics so hopefully Munich will win the game and go through.

I don't understand why eevryone thinks Milan will win so easy' date=' I feel this game could go either way maybe to extra time or even Celtic winning on away goals at like 1-1. Is there something i'm missing because if so i'd like to know because i'd add Milan to my accy, also by looking at the games, all home sides to win today? Pays 5/1... All down to B Munich and Milan...[/quote'] Copenhagen and Benfica anyone? Defensive calamities from Celtic. As I said before JVH and Naka are key for Celtic, but Milan nullified them both easily in the first leg (albeit JVH may have been carrying a knock) I can't see Celtic getting through. I'd love for them to. I'll await team news. Strachan's tactics have to be spot on from the first minute. All too often, he has to change his system midway through the game to get back in games. Against opponents like Milan, they can't afford to do this.