** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3

Tuesday 6 March 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Chelsea v Porto (19:45 GMT)1.464.4011.00101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -Qualify1st Half Total GoalsBookings PointsBoth Teams To ScoreCornersCorners Match BetDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedRed CardTo Score a Hat-trickTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Liverpool v Barcelona (19:45 GMT)3.053.352.66101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -Qualify1st Half Total GoalsBookings PointsBoth Teams To ScoreCornersCorners Match BetDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedRed CardTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Lyon v Roma (19:45 GMT)1.893.455.40101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -Qualify1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedRed CardTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Valencia v Inter Milan (19:45 GMT)2.663.402.98101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -Qualify1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedRed CardTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Wednesday 7 March 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
AC Milan v Celtic (19:45 GMT)1.424.8011.00101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -Qualify1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedRed CardTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Arsenal v PSV (19:45 GMT)1.564.208.40100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -Qualify1st Half Total GoalsBoth Teams To ScoreCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedRed CardTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half
Bayern München v Real Madrid (19:45 GMT)2.123.454.10101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer - - -Last GoalscorerBoth Teams To ScoreCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedTotal Goals
Man Utd v Lille (19:45 GMT)1.404.9011.50101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime GoalscorerLast Goalscorer - - -QualifyBookings PointsBoth Teams To ScoreCornersDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty AwardedRed CardTotal GoalsTotal Goals 1st Half

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 First of all, I will put my cards on the table and state the fact that I am a Rangers fan ! However, when it comes to betting I like to view myself as an objective punter. And in this game, I am sure even the most loyal of Celtic fans will acknowledge that that it is more than likely that this is the end of the line for Celtic.

2-5 for a Milan win is not a price that will reap great reward. However, 11-10 on the handicap (Milan -1) is a much more appealing prospect, and this should be jumped on in my view.

In AC Milan’s first two home games in the group stages, they scored a total of 7 goals. They lost their final home game 2-0, but by this time the result was of no importance. Celtic have an excellent shot stopper in Artur Boruc, but they also have centre backs in front of him that will give Milan chances in the San Siro. McManus is a big, strong traditional centre half, but he’s often very rash in the tackle. His centre back partner will be young O’Dea, who is relatively untested, not only at Champions League level, but at first team level full stop. Former Hearts captain Steven Pressley has been partnering McManus in domestic fixtures, despite the fact that he’s ineligible for the European ties, so O’Dea will be brought in out of the cold once again for this tie.

Celtic have the second worst away record in Champions League history. They have played 12 fixtures away from home, and their record is 0 wins 1 draw 11 defeats. Each of the 3 sides in Celtic’s group defeated Celtic away from Parkhead, and all of them managed to score 3 goals in those games.

The general feeling up here amongst the pundits was that for Celtic to progress, they would have to win the game at Parkhead, and probably by at least a couple of goals, due to their awful away form. It is now a real monkey on their back, every time the away fixtures come round the same questions are put to the manager and the players, and the results seem to indicate that self doubt creeps in when they are away from Parkhead.

Still early too early to hear any reliable team news, but Celtic’s key striker, JVH, is struggling with a hamstring injury. He’s been struggling with injuries since he arrived at Parkhead, and hasn’t had much time on the park recently due to the recent hamstring problem. He came on for the last half hour in the game on Saturday. But it would seem that he’s a doubt to start in Milan, and will certainly not be 100% fit. This would be a massive blow for them, as he’s the only striker they have that’s comfortable operating at this level.

Undoubtedly back Milan here, and as I’ve said, I would suggest the handicap bet, Milan -1.

I see this as a rock solid bet. However, if someone was going to put this bet at risk, it would be Nakamura. I highly doubt Celtic will manage a goal from open play, but Nakamura can be deadly from set pieces, as he’s shown against Man United, twice. A small stake for Nakamura to be last goalscorer (16/1) may be sensible.. If Milan go a couple of goals up, we could see them shutting up shop and allowing Celtic to come onto them. And if Celtic get a free kick late in the game, it might calm the nerves a bit if you have a quid or two on Nakamura putting it away !

Good luck ! :hope UPDATE: Celtic centre half Stephen McManus suffered a hamstring injury at the weekend that forced him to be subbed after 68 minutes. He has today vowed to 'play through the pain barrier' against Milan, but is obviously still suffering from the injury.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Lyonnais vs AS ROMA = 1 Tuesdays match is Olympique Lyonnais against AS Roma. My tip is to bet on Lyonnais to win this match and to move on further in the tournament. Yes i am aware of that AS Roma is a very strong team, but my feeling says that Lyon will win this match. they have a very good collective and a hard working team. The statistics of Lyonnais, says that they score almost 2 goals per match, where as roma scores only 1.14 per match. besides that Lyonnais has around 44 shots on goal this CHL season until now, where Roma only managed to shot 25 times on goal until now. Lyonnais statistics in the last 7 chl matches, says 4 won, 3 Draw and 0 lost. So my bet is Lyonnais to win. The odds is : 1.75 at expekt.com 1.84 at betfair.com 1.75 at sportingbet.com 1.80 at bet365.com 1.85 at nordicbet.com 1.75 at bwin.com 1.78 at unibet.com 1.83 at ladbrokes.com 1.73 at skybet.com

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Hi My bets are:Lyon,Milan,Manchester,Inter,Barcelona. Lyon because I think they play one of the best soccer in Europe,they play at home and I think they can break Roma's weak defense. Milan because they are a class above Celtic and the Scottish are not in the better shape. Manchester because they are in superb form.Maybe Lilla's players wants revenge after the Giggs goal in the first leg,I think they ara a quite good team but don'have experience to play at this level. Inter because they can win at Mestalla.In the first leg they play good and waste some good chances to score.They received 1 goal from free kick and a 1 after a rebound after a corner.Ibra is unbelivable!for me there is value(3.05 BF at the moment). Barcellona..risky one!But Liverpool can go on also loosing 1-0.In Siviglia after 1-0 they can score the second after a few minutes but Dinho waste a penalty.Barcelona not at their top but I think thy can win this one and also go to the quarter finals. Waiting for latest team news. GL to all!

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Inter to qualify at 2.55 (I'm baised) maybe I'm just optimistic but I think we got a squad that can beat everybody. we were very unlucky to draw 2-2 whith valencia at san siro and I just hope that it doesn't happen again in valencia. and ibrahimovic to score anytime might be a good bet

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Match:

Liverpool – Barcelona (06/03/2007)

Pick:

Barcelona Win @ 2.60 (Interwetten) 10/10

Reasoning:

The defending CL Champions, Barcelona, are in danger of being eliminated by Liverpool. It is certain that Barcelona will push for a goal early. Liverpool is likely to be extra cautious and try to get something in the counter attack. Barcelona has Eto’o back and this makes a tremendous difference for Barcelona up front in terms of goal scoring and I think Barcelona will get at least 1 or 2 goals. In the first game Barcelona wasn't very productive up front. With Eto'o this will be different. Barcelona’s players have the quality and experience to win against anybody, anytime, anywhere. Liverpool is a very good team, but I think they are a notch below Barcelona. I think Barcelona will win at least. I am not sure, however, if they will qualify to the next CL round at the end of 90’. That is another story...

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 The 8 1st leg games produced 4 draws and of the other 4 games played only 1 goal separated the teams involved. I see every game being a close, tight match and lots of them ending in draws as teams look to play defensively and protect any advantage they have and also fear the away goals. 5pts on each game to be a draw. Also 1pt doubles and trebles on each game to be a draw :hope

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Hi, I rarely post here (mostly I post in the tipster's challenge) but here is my 2c: Chelsea v FC Porto (agg 0-0), 19:45 This is a dead cert home win. Chelsea are incredible, they have beaten Portsmouth away after the kick in the teeth they have got from the Pool v Utd game. They are so mentally strong and they will win, this is probably their last decent silverware available. Liverpool v Barcelona (agg 0-0), 19:45 Liverpool will qualify IMHO. It is too hard for Barca. Liverpool's midfield is outstanding, Carragher at the back is majestic. One problem: Pepe Reyna. Benitez is a master tactician in the CL and while Barca have the best players, Pool have the best boss and the 1st leg advantage. Pool to qualify. Lyon v Roma (agg 0-0), 19:45 If Roma hit a high note they can beat anyone. But that is a big if. Lyon where quite lousy recently. Lyon might scrape it, but don't underestimate italian teams. Valencia v Inter Milan (agg 0-0), 19:45 Very tough. I think Inter will scrape it but very tight. AC Milan v Celtic (agg 0-0), 19:45 Dida and the sterile strikeforce are AC's worries, however Gilardino scored last saturday in a 3-1 win. Milan to win 2-1 in my opinion, celtic don't have the pedigree. Arsenal v PSV (agg 0-1), 19:45 Home Win. Bayern Munich v Real Madrid (agg 2-3), 19:45 Impossible to call. Man Utd v Lille (agg 1-0), 19:45 Lay Lille.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 hey first of all I think these matches are going to be very difficult. my bets are chelsea, because they are in a very good constitution at the moment what we had just seen in´the carling cup final...and they'll play the match against porto in london... arsenal; because they lost the first game...and I have the opinion, if they really want to win, they'll do it. Somebody knows if Henry is going to play?? lyon, because they are in an very good form at the moment what you can also see in the french league....rom isnt very good actually.what you had seen in their last matches. bayern munich, because they are strange at home....and also very motivated...one reason for that is, the match against berlin at the weekend which they had won ! real madrid has some handicaped players too in their team.. ManU....it isnt necessary to talk about that..when you look at the last results, it will be enough! liverpool-barcelona 1 or 2 and valencia- inter 1 0r 2 what do you think?? if anybody has an other opinion or new informations...please write it down... thank you :nana

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 I like this triple- Chelsea Liverpool Milan Can't see any faults in this treble, Liverpool are in the box seat and only need to hold it for 90minutes of there lives. Chelsea are too good at home and the EPL is more of a competition that the Portugese league. Milan have more to offer on all accounts. Better attack and middfield and really have the CL left to fight for.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 i dont know enough about barcelona, but being a liverpool fan, i know how good benitez can be in these kind of games and given that we face a spanish opponent, i'm more than convinced we are going through lay barca @ 2.66 - 10/10

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLyon vs. Roma
SelectionRoma (+0.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date06/03/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.15 (Back)
ReasoningOkay, those odds are imo just funny. How can be Roma which is currently second best team in Italy be so underated. Does Lyon have such a superior squad..are Malouda and Wiltord so better than Taddei and Mancini, is Fred so superior to Totti, is Romas defence such a crap...hell no. They are a good if not a great team, with a lot of chemistry inside. Yup theyve got some bad results in the Serie A, but theyre facing teams which are playing behinf the ball and defending with 7-8 players. Well today it will be their chance to strike the blow to the opponent who is more known for his attacking play, rather than defensive one. And in this case the odds over evens for the draw at least in the end..well im not missing them.
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventValencia vs. Inter
SelectionInter (0) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date06/03/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.09 (Back)
ReasoningAnother Italian team, the strongest of them all in Serie A..well they have made it heavy for themsleves really, they were superior in the first game but failed to capitalise. I really cant see them flying out of the CL so early and especially not against Valencia. Still remember Inters win in Mestalla..5-1 or what was the score then..anyway..cant imagine Inter loosing this game, maybe a draw is possible, but a win for them is my result, they will suirely go for it, as the draw dont suit them with 2 goals conceeded in Giuseppe Meazza, but with odds over even im taking the dnb bet. And let for once Inter take the role of "born under the lucky star" Juventus, who usualy scrapes their win in the last minutes...

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 it has been 4 ages 4 barca 2 score more than 1,5 goals in away matches, let alone 2 liverpool which is an expert 4 defending at home, and consider the fact that they will be more cautious. etoo is gonna play but not fit yet. he ll probably get lost in fresh livopool defence. barcelona will score more than 1,5 goals? NO:@1,58

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 knowing the fact that even 0-0 will be enough 4 them, chelsea will primarily focus on a clean sheet. moreover, lack of terry will urge the manager to take more precautions. they have very striking forces like drogba and sheva so it is likely 4 them 2 score goals. but i dont think it will exceed 2,5 goals, as porto throughout the season havent conceded 3 goals in a match so far. hence, the under option seems ideal at 1,60

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Barca vs L'pool: Was leaning on Barca but they haven't played well all year. Despite my bitterness towards the Reds from 2 years ago they really impressed me at the Nou Camp, their positioning was perfect througout. L'pool are much better at Anfield. Maybe be Barca(0). Valencia vs Inter: I like Inter, I believe they will learn from last season against Villareal where they tried to sit on their 2-1 advantage, only to lose off a set piece. They dominated the 1st leg and won't be nervous at the Mestalla where they have won several times before including a 2-0 win in KO phase in 2003. Lyon vs Roma: Very unpredictable game. I could see it being another 0-0 game or a 3-0 win for Lyon. Roma can be fragile in big games, and have shown the ability to really lose their heads in these type of games. Lyon-1 @ 2.40 seems to be the play. Even Lyon -2 @6.38, because Lyon can really pour it on at home remember 7-2 vs Werder last season. Chelsea vs Porto: Odds on Chelsea are quite short. I suspect they will look to keep a clean sheet first and foremost. So under 2.25 is what I will be playing as the only way I see this going over is if Chelsea pop 3 in.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 6.2 for Roma to win @ betfair o.O Most bookies have them around 4 - 5, sounds like a value for me. Why is Roma in such a big price ? Do they have any major injuries or suspension problems ? I know Lyon a good team but I have to agree with the rest of you, Roma can't just be written off or let alone offered at such overpriced price imo.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Actually just realised that Roma has crap away form in Serie A and European games altogether. But I speculate they might give their 110% tonight since scudetto is impossible task for them and their only major title hope lies on CL trophy this season. They deserved to be priced around 4-5 imo but 6 makes it tempting or maybe laying Lyon if the odds keep dropping, since a draw with goals in the match would ensure Roma qualification.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Lyon - Roma Pick: Roma AH +0.5&+1.0 @ 1.88 at betfair Roma is strong side. In such an unpredictable game to put so much value on a first class team. I doubt if Lyon will win this one. Even if it wins I doubt it will be by 2 goals difference. If they win by one I loose only half. Really good value. I am going here after the value. Reasoning on CL match makes little sense as they are too hard to predict. :dude:dude:dude

Actually just realised that Roma has crap away form in Serie A and European games altogether. But I speculate they might give their 110% tonight since scudetto is impossible task for them and their only major title hope lies on CL trophy this season. They deserved to be priced around 4-5 imo but 6 makes it tempting or maybe laying Lyon if the odds keep dropping' date=' since a draw with goals in the match would ensure Roma qualification.[/quote'] Serie A has nothing to do with CL. If someone is trying to predict a CL game based on local championship results, he should do something else instead betting :rollin :dude:dude:dude I am laying Lyon and Valencia tonight. Such big prices for so complex matches for double result. :hope

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Some team news for Valencia v Inter Milan, taken from the BBC: Valencia have no selection problems, with Spain midfielders Vicente and Ruben Baraja both returning from injury. Defender Asier del Horno who made his debut against Celta Vigo after recovering from an Achilles tendon injury is also set to play. Inter will be without Patrick Vieira, while Esteban Cambiasso is doubtful with a leg injury. Brazilian striker Adriano pulled his left hamstring in last week's 1-1 Serie A draw with Udinese and misses out. I have to say, I don't fancy Inter for that game. If I was to back anyone, I would actually back Valencia. But no bet for me on this one. Good luck to those that do :beer

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Team news for Lyon - Roma: Lyon's Jeremy Toulalan is suspended for the second leg. Sylvain Wiltord and Karim Benzema missed the first leg because of injuries but played against Sochaux. Brazilian midfielder Rodrigo Taddei is expected to return for Roma after missing the last two games through illness and a thigh strain. Striker Mirko Vucinic should be fit for selection despite picking up an ankle injury that required stitches at Ascoli in a Serie A match on Saturday. Anyway, injury lists does not decide a CL game ...

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 Think im going to go with over 2 goals in the Liverpool/Barca game, firstly Benitez said he's going all out but this could be a mind game comment to be honest, however Barca need the goals and they only have 90 minutes from the off so they will push, meaning they will leave leaks in their defence which isn't strong and looks like it will be a back 3, meaning Liverpool could break, especially if Barca get the 1st goal, hopefully Barca will go 1-0 up before half time maybe even 2, then we have a game on where we could see Liverpool then go all out and Barca finishing the game off 3-0. The last meeting a few years ago here was 3-1 to Barca, the 1st leg was 2-1, Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Messi will all start, i'm going for a scoreline of 3-0 to Barcelona and Over 2 goals.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 A small accumulator today could be, Lyon to win as Roma are not brilliant, Lyon are good at home and they are a very good attacking side and I can see them winning the game 2-1 but it could go to ET if Roma can keep them out for 90 minutes which I cannot see. Barcelona for reasons above. Inter to draw 1-1 (this would not see the qualify so they will want more) or sneak a 2-0 win. And the Chelsea game I see being a draw, the scoreline however could be anything from 0-0 to 2-2. Porto COULD surprise them tonight, so taking them on the handicap of +1 could be good. Tomorrow, I see Celtic will make a game of it, and could make it go to ET, or even make it 1-1, but I see a 2-0 scoreline to Milan realistically, Manchester Utd I feel will have no problems and will kill the game off in the 1st half as they will win about 3-0/3-1-so over 2 goals looks good for this game. Arsenal is a worry, PSV will come to defend their lead and try hit them on the attack, i'm going for a 1-1 in this game it will be very tight and maybe under 2 goals COULD be a good option. Real Madrid without some players including Beckham, Bayern Munich back on form in the league and have 2 away goals, this game will be a draw or a B Munich win, Madrid will come here to defend they will play similar as they did on Sunday which for me they were awful, take B Munich on the double chance. My Picks for the CL: Liverpool Vs Barcelona Correct Score 3-0 to (Barcelona) Over 2.5 Goals Barcelona to qualify Barcelona-Double Chance (Win/Draw) Chelsea Vs Porto Correct Score 2-2 Porto +1 Asian Handicap Over 2 goals Ballack to score anytime (He loves playing in Europe, he will play well tonight and I see him scoring) Valencia Vs Inter Correct Score 2-0 to Inter Inter 0 Asian Handicap Lyon Vs Roma Correct Score 2-1 Over 2 goals Lyon to Qualify Lyon-Double Chance (Win/Draw) Milan Vs Celtic Correct Score 1-1 Under 2.5 goals Celtic+1 Asian Handicap Nakamura to score anytime (Has played initaly with Reggina, and Milan give away a lot of fouls.) Arsenal Vs PSV Correct Score 1-1 Under 2.5 goals PSV+1 Asian Handicap PSV to qualify Manchester Utd Vs Lille Correct Score 3-0/3-1 to Manchester Utd Rooney to score anytime Over 2 goals B Munich Vs Real Madrid Correct Score 2-0 Under 2.5 goals B Munich to qualify B Munich-Double Chance (Win/Draw) :notworthy

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 I really can't understand why people are overlooking Liverpool in this game. Barcelona lost at home to them and Rafa is statically great against Barcelona weather with Valencia or Liverpool and a better tactician than Frank.

Re: CL matches - return leg - 6-7/3 I just feel Barcelona will go all out tonight, this is the cup they REALLY want, plus they are the holders! Liverpool are good but for me they are not brilliant, we all know Barcelona have not been brilliant in the past month or so, but I feel they can change their season tonight by getting a vital win and then go into the BIG game at weekend it is a much needed morale boost, also Eto'o plays this time, Messi is back to his best, Ronaldinho is Ronaldinho, it's the 3 players any team would want in it, if I was going to buy 3 players they would be my top 3, I can't see Liverpool keeping all 3 of them quiet, also as we saw on Saturday Liverpool give free kicks away... Que Ronaldinho. Eto'o's pace will be looking for a lot of through balls, also Xavi and Iniesta have really bumped up this season not sure if both will play today? I think they will and they are the KEY players to watch out for if in the squad. Liverpool always rely on Steven Gerrard, and if Riijkaard gets him team talk right then we will see a fantastic football match by the champions.Also look at the attacking players: Deco Ronaldinho Eto'o Gudjohnson (Likes scoring against Liverpool) Messi Giuly Saviola I think we might even see most of them on the same field at some point IF Barcelona are leading 1-0, drawing 1-1, losing 1-0. They all have aweome ability, Finnan is not brilliant not is Riise, they will be relying on Carragher and Gerrard to pull out the stops and put in the tackling, the effort will be there from Liverpool, but tonight class will show.

Serie A has nothing to do with CL. If someone is trying to predict a CL game based on local championship results, he should do something else instead betting :rollin :dude:dude:dude I am laying Lyon and Valencia tonight. Such big prices for so complex matches for double result. :hope
I didn't say that CL is directly and strongly correlated and connected with Serie A. In fact, I stated that even though they had poor run lately in Seria A they could spring surprises tonight in CL as they might give 110% to the game since it is the only competition left for them that give them any hope for some major silverware. However, even though I said that CL isn't strongly related to Serie A, I would have to disagree with you a little bit. Imo, it indicates that they are generally poor traveller bar it in Seria or Europe even though that it is not the ultimate variable to analyse a CL match from Seria A alone. But seeing things in the broader perspective and putting all little details that have little connection wouldn't hurt as long as its slightly connected in some manner ( i.e regarding their approach on away games) And if you are curious why I put Serie A in my post earlier was because I didn't quite agree with the bookie for the price they give on Roma and I'm just speculating of what might caused it. I'm not bookies and I know I won't know 100% what they are thinking but I'm using all the theory I could gathered to predict why there was such high prices for Roma.

First of all' date= I will put my cards on the table and state the fact that I am a Rangers fan ! However, when it comes to betting I like to view myself as an objective punter. And in this game, I am sure even the most loyal of Celtic fans will acknowledge that that it is more than likely that this is the end of the line for Celtic.

2-5 for a Milan win is not a price that will reap great reward. However, 11-10 on the handicap (Milan -1) is a much more appealing prospect, and this should be jumped on in my view.

In AC Milan’s first two home games in the group stages, they scored a total of 7 goals. They lost their final home game 2-0, but by this time the result was of no importance. Celtic have an excellent shot stopper in Artur Boruc, but they also have centre backs in front of him that will give Milan chances in the San Siro. McManus is a big, strong traditional centre half, but he’s often very rash in the tackle. His centre back partner will be young O’Dea, who is relatively untested, not only at Champions League level, but at first team level full stop. Former Hearts captain Steven Pressley has been partnering McManus in domestic fixtures, despite the fact that he’s ineligible for the European ties, so O’Dea will be brought in out of the cold once again for this tie.

Celtic have the second worst away record in Champions League history. They have played 12 fixtures away from home, and their record is 0 wins 1 draw 11 defeats. Each of the 3 sides in Celtic’s group defeated Celtic away from Parkhead, and all of them managed to score 3 goals in those games.

The general feeling up here amongst the pundits was that for Celtic to progress, they would have to win the game at Parkhead, and probably by at least a couple of goals, due to their awful away form. It is now a real monkey on their back, every time the away fixtures come round the same questions are put to the manager and the players, and the results seem to indicate that self doubt creeps in when they are away from Parkhead.

Still early too early to hear any reliable team news, but Celtic’s key striker, JVH, is struggling with a hamstring injury. He’s been struggling with injuries since he arrived at Parkhead, and hasn’t had much time on the park recently due to the recent hamstring problem. He came on for the last half hour in the game on Saturday. But it would seem that he’s a doubt to start in Milan, and will certainly not be 100% fit. This would be a massive blow for them, as he’s the only striker they have that’s comfortable operating at this level.

Undoubtedly back Milan here, and as I’ve said, I would suggest the handicap bet, Milan -1.

I see this as a rock solid bet. However, if someone was going to put this bet at risk, it would be Nakamura. I highly doubt Celtic will manage a goal from open play, but Nakamura can be deadly from set pieces, as he’s shown against Man United, twice. A small stake for Nakamura to be last goalscorer (16/1) may be sensible.. If Milan go a couple of goals up, we could see them shutting up shop and allowing Celtic to come onto them. And if Celtic get a free kick late in the game, it might calm the nerves a bit if you have a quid or two on Nakamura putting it away !

Good luck ! :hope

I agree with your analysis here, Celtic's away form speaks for itself. The difference in quality of the midfield, is massive. Celtic had to work so hard in the first leg, whilst Milan were unlucky not to score on several occasions. At home, I can't see anything but a victory for Milan. Celtic's only hope rests with a fully fit JVH. Milan gave Nakamura no space in the first leg, and McGeady struggled with Oddo(?). Sno, and Lennon have no desire to get forward, so maybe Graveson starting would be interesting (Strachan dropped Lennon against Dunfermline, and started with Sno/Graveson. Lennon was not missed apprarently. I'm a Falkirk fan but my wife and father in law Celtic season ticket holders) As Ayebrox said, at the back Celtic have problems with Pressley cuptied, and McManus having to prove his fitness today. O'Dea or maybe even John Kennedy may be required. I'm quite keen on the AH as Ayebrox said. I'll wait a bit longer for team news. Will Seedorf play? He's a great player. He scored at the w/end I believe. World class midfield will prevail. Milan's only chance of silverware too.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Chelsea vs. Porto
Selection Chelsea (-1.25) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 2.17 (Back)
Reasoning If there can be a straightforward match in late CL stages, thats the one. Chelsea big favs to progress to quarter at the expence of Porto. Porto did a good job at home when they succeeded to get a draw, but they need to score tonight, otherwise theyre out, so no way they will be in defensive mood tonight, but cant expect them to attack also. Chelsea has proven itself on the Euro stages in past years, as they had good results vs. much stronger teams as Porto currently is, they had Murinho and they will have crowd. With the squad the Portugese coach has at his disposal this one could be decided in the first half, but much depends also from the finishing of the Blues..with Drogba in form, this one could finish with an routine and easy win for the home team. Going for the suggested handicap as i firmly believe Chelsea will strike first and in that situation Porto will lay all cards on the table and leave room at the back..and i still cant forget the 10 mins Chelski played vs. Barca in 2005...