** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Head-to Head Meetings

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Friday - BOLIVAR v blooming 10-1-0 [24-5-0] 1.36 [bolivia] 4-3 Saturday - COLO COLO v s wanderers 6-1-0 1.50 [chile] 3-1 Sunday - ROMA v genoa 7-0-0 , 1.60 2-0 INTER v chievo 7-1-0 , 1.45 0-0 U ESPANOLA v cobresal 8-1-0 , 2.05 [chile] 1-1

Re: Head-to Head Meetings EVERTON v sunderland 6-0-1 , 1.83 0-2 HELSINGBORG v gelfe 5-1-0 , 1.60 1-2 Sun --- LAZIO v inter 4-0-0 , 1.85 1-2 ST LIEGE v kortrijk 6-0-1 , 1.75 4-0 Typical end-of-season results i'm afraid....:\ Weds ----- ODD v stromsgodset 5-1-0 , 2.10

Re: Head-to Head Meetings

ODD v stromsgodset 5-1-0 ' date=' 2.10[/quote'] 2-0 Sat --- LEVERKUSEN v hoffenheim 5-0-1 , 1.44 MAINZ v koln 5-0-0 , 2.20 LOKEREN v mechelen 6-1-0 , 2.25 STROMSGODSET v Aalesund 5-1-0 , 1.57

Re: Head-to Head Meetings LEVERKUSEN v hoffenheim 2-0 MAINZ v koln 2-0 LOKEREN v mechelen 2-2 STROMSGODSET v Aalesund 3-1 Sun ---- MAN U v arsenal 6-1-0 , 2.60 BLOOMING v n potosi 9-0-0 , 1.50 [bolivia] A LIMA v garcilaso 5-0-0 , 1.50 [peru] SPORTING v braga 4-0-0 , 1.70

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Offski to sunnier climes on Saturday for a week so here's this weekend's selections. Fri - ODD v AALESUND 8-1-0 , 1.50 [betvictor] Sat - HAUGESUND v START 4-0-0 , 1.73 [Hills] Sun --- ROMA v PALERMO 6-0-1 , 1.40 ATLETICO MG v VASCO 5-0-1 , 1.45 AIK STOCKHOLM v HELSINGBORG 4-0-0 , 1.62

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Head-to Head Meetings

Offski to sunnier climes on Saturday for a week so here's this weekend's selections. Fri - ODD v AALESUND 8-1-0 , 1.50 [betvictor] 1-1 Sat - HAUGESUND v START 4-0-0 , 1.73 [Hills] 0-2 Sun --- ROMA v PALERMO 6-0-1 , 1.40 1-2 ATLETICO MG v VASCO 5-0-1 , 1.45 3-0 AIK STOCKHOLM v HELSINGBORG 4-0-0 , 1.62 3-1
Back refreshed and raring [hopefully] to go .....:loon Weds - Serie A - ATLETICO MG v SANTOS 5-1-0 , 1.53

• 1 month later...

Well done on this great thread, JTW1. Quick question. Have you figured out oddswise which odds band are the most profitable overall. Was just looking back a few pages and you seem to be doing quite well in matches where a team is 1.83+. Maybe I picked a poor sample though and that doesn't tell the complete story

• 2 weeks later...

It's good to be back people .....:ok Now please remember this is not strictly a system / strategy but an aid to the selection process ...so use the info as you wish Sat ---- CHELSEA v swansea 4-0-0 , 1.36 Croatia - DIN ZAGREB v rijeka 14-0-1 , 1.65 Sun ----- ARSENAL v west ham 6-1-0 , 1.30 ANDERLECHT v gent 8-0-1 , 1.93 LYON v lorient 5-0-1 , 1.60 CSKA MOSCOW v amkar 11-0-0 , 1.30 Croatia - BELUPO v osijek 12-1-1 , 2.30 USA - COLORADO v columbus 5-1-0 , 2.20

Shocker tbh.... CHELSEA v swansea 2-2 Croatia - DIN ZAGREB v rijeka 0-0 Sun ----- ARSENAL v west ham 0-2 ANDERLECHT v gent 1-1 LYON v lorient 0-0 CSKA MOSCOW v amkar 2-0 :loon Croatia - BELUPO v osijek 3-0 :loon USA - COLORADO v columbus 1-2

Lets hope for an improvement this weekend :hope........and there's plenty to choose from !! Friday -------- CLUB BRUGGE v kortrijk 7-1-0 , current best odds 1.44 VITESSE v roda 5-0-1 , 1.40 FEHNERBACHE v eskisehirspor 6-1-0 , 1.36 Sat ----- LEVERKUSEN v hoffenheim 6-0-1 , 1.55 DORTMUND v m'gladbach 8-0-1 , 1.75 LOKEREN v mechelen 5-1-0 , 2.38 AJAX v willem 14-1-0 , 1.33 ZENIT v krasnodar 4-0-0 , 1.55 Sun ----- ROSENBORG v valerenga 8-1-0 , 1.33 BRAGA v nacional 7-0-1 , 1.73 LOKO MOSCOW v terek 7-1-0 , 1.73

and improvement indeed did come !!! Friday -------- CLUB BRUGGE v kortrijk 2-1 :D VITESSE v roda 3-0 :D FEHNERBACHE v eskisehirspor 2-0 :D Sat ----- LEVERKUSEN v hoffenheim 2-1 :D DORTMUND v m'gladbach 4-0 :D LOKEREN v mechelen 2-0 :D AJAX v willem 3-0 :D ZENIT v krasnodar 0-2 Sun ----- ROSENBORG v valerenga 2-0 :D BRAGA v nacional 2-1 :D LOKO MOSCOW v terek 0-0

and improvement indeed did come !!! Friday -------- CLUB BRUGGE v kortrijk 2-1 :D VITESSE v roda 3-0 :D FEHNERBACHE v eskisehirspor 2-0 :D Sat ----- LEVERKUSEN v hoffenheim 2-1 :D DORTMUND v m'gladbach 4-0 :D LOKEREN v mechelen 2-0 :D AJAX v willem 3-0 :D ZENIT v krasnodar 0-2 Sun ----- ROSENBORG v valerenga 2-0 :D BRAGA v nacional 2-1 :D LOKO MOSCOW v terek 0-0
9 out of 11 :clap

Hi JTW I mentioned earlier in the thread about looking at your model, but using 2.5 goals as the factor rather than 1X2. The unders wasn't very profitable at all, so I gave up on that after a few months. Now, the O2.5 goals did better, and after just over 200 selections, it has produced a profit of £142 at stakes of £10. Not exactly anything to quit your job for haha but in this game any system that is profitable after 6 months is decent going. I'll carry on with it for this season and see what it looks like around xmas time. I also just this afternoon took a bit of inspiration from Akitsons idea of laying. Looking from the start of last season (August 14) to your post on 28th May. Just laying everything proves far too costly (I gave up halfway thru the season as it was nearing -£100 losses) but if you just layed theAWAY team where the Home Fav is odds of 2.00 or less, then it would've been roughly £265 profit for a £10 lay. The end of the season killed it but if you'd stopped maybe 4 games before the end of the season it'd have been about £482 profit. These figures are pretty rough estimtes, I don't have betfair lay prices for the away teams so I just used the bet365 back price for those teams (which you can get historically on flashscores) and added 1.00 point to them (a 6.5 selection becomes a 7.5 selection to lay) just based on the fact that the betfair prices are usually bigger. Like I say, rough prices, but something for people to think about :D

Hi JTW I mentioned earlier in the thread about looking at your model, but using 2.5 goals as the factor rather than 1X2. The unders wasn't very profitable at all, so I gave up on that after a few months. Now, the O2.5 goals did better, and after just over 200 selections, it has produced a profit of £142 at stakes of £10. Not exactly anything to quit your job for haha but in this game any system that is profitable after 6 months is decent going. I'll carry on with it for this season and see what it looks like around xmas time. I also just this afternoon took a bit of inspiration from Akitsons idea of laying. Looking from the start of last season (August 14) to your post on 28th May. Just laying everything proves far too costly (I gave up halfway thru the season as it was nearing -£100 losses) but if you just layed theAWAY team where the Home Fav is odds of 2.00 or less, then it would've been roughly £265 profit for a £10 lay. The end of the season killed it but if you'd stopped maybe 4 games before the end of the season it'd have been about £482 profit. These figures are pretty rough estimtes, I don't have betfair lay prices for the away teams so I just used the bet365 back price for those teams (which you can get historically on flashscores) and added 1.00 point to them (a 6.5 selection becomes a 7.5 selection to lay) just based on the fact that the betfair prices are usually bigger. Like I say, rough prices, but something for people to think about :D
Gday only1woz... As a systems buff. Im always on the lookout for something special. I was wondering if your efforts in para 1 were in the EPL only, or were they just with jtw's selections in all Leagues...also when did your 6 months begin and end.. Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season...

Hi Mr Magoo I don't know if this is going to be anything special as such, looks okay so far tho. My selections are from a number of leagues, tho maybe not as many as jtw's. I use top leagues only, from England, Scotland, Spain (but no Barca or Real Madrid as there's no value at all),Germany, Italy, Holland, Sweden, Norway, Belguim, and Switzerland. I dismiss others like Finland or France or Denmark for no other reason than I don't like betting on those leagues, I've had my fingers burned with them before. Simply a preference. I have no breakdown of how different leagues have performed, but I could calculate that fairly easily. It's actually only 4 and a half months old because I started on 4th Feb and it's up until now but I stopped during the summer so Feb, March,April,May and now 2 weeks into August. I may start my own thread with these selections if I think I can find the time to keep it up to date.

Hi Mr Magoo I don't know if this is going to be anything special as such, looks okay so far tho. My selections are from a number of leagues, tho maybe not as many as jtw's. I use top leagues only, from England, Scotland, Spain (but no Barca or Real Madrid as there's no value at all),Germany, Italy, Holland, Sweden, Norway, Belguim, and Switzerland. I dismiss others like Finland or France or Denmark for no other reason than I don't like betting on those leagues, I've had my fingers burned with them before. Simply a preference. I have no breakdown of how different leagues have performed, but I could calculate that fairly easily. It's actually only 4 and a half months old because I started on 4th Feb and it's up until now but I stopped during the summer so Feb, March,April,May and now 2 weeks into August. I may start my own thread with these selections if I think I can find the time to keep it up to date.
Thanks for that mate...start your own thread....you could be a champ in the making....

----------- JUVENTUS v udinese 0-1 PAOK v xanthi 0-0 AZ ALKMAAR v willem 0-0
Rubbish !! Friday -------- AALESUND v valerenga 7-1-0 , 2.50 Sat ---- GENT v mechelen 5-0-1 , 1.50 UTRECHT v gronigen 6-0-0 , 2.05 Sun ----- NAPOLI v sampdoria 6-1-0 , 1.44 FEHNERBACHE v a'yaspor 10-10-1 , 1.25