** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Head-to Head Meetings

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Very sad news to report ....the guy who ran h2hstats passed away last week , the news only appeared on the forum yesterday. As many of you who follow my threads this site is an invaluable part of my selection process and it remains to be seen what will become of the site . Of course that will be the last thing on his families minds right now :(. R.I.P Juan

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Time to start posting again , unfortunately it appears doubtful whether h2hstats will continue or not , so with that in mind i'm having to re-consider how i make my selections. The beauty about that site was that the info needed was right there at your fingertips , the h2h record either home / away or both as well as the strength of the opposition faced in previous league match's that season and the stats for that league season. Sure there are enough websites who offer a h2h facility but they usually have to be loaded one game at a time which , as you can imagine , would be VERY time-consuming as soon as the season gets going . If anyone out there knows where i can access a similar site then please let me know as i have looked but to no avail :( So what happens now ...well there are a couple of sites i've found which post selections and thoughts for 'summer' leagues and one has a h2h record [not too detailed ] but enough to point me in the right direction and with the help of betexplorer's h2h facility i can find more detail . Another change is the odds...basically i'll be looking for HOME teams no worse than 1.6 and probably no higher than 2.5 , the days of another losing 1.2 shot are over !!! Where possible i will also take further into account the current league form , highlight any points of interest and ,where applicable , use the valuable knowledge of posters on PL who follow these leagues [in otherwords , pinch their stuff :p ] I'll stick to this format for the next couple of months until the main Euro leagues have kicked in , hopefully some sort of profit will have been made ..:unsure Okay , enough of the bull , lets get it started and the Brazilian Campeonato is where we'll begin. CORITIBA v sport recife - Home side has won 2 of the past 3 meetings since 2008. CORITIBA are in 10th spot in the league , 6 places above Sport . CORITIBA have a home record this season of 2-0-1 , scored 7 conceded 3, the loss was v the 8th placed side and wins were against teams in 20th and 11th. SPORT have an away record of 0-1-2 , scored 1 conceded 3 , the draw was against the team in 18th while loss's were v sides in 3rd and 15th. One slight concern is the fact that CORITIBA have the 1st leg of the Brazilian Cup Final mid-week but imo they should still be too strong for SPORT. Stake 10pts @ 1.7

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Monday - MALMO v aik has seen the home side have a record of 8-3-0 since 1999. MALMO have a home record this season of 5-1-0 scoring 10 and conceding only 1. Their 2nd last game before the break was a 1-0 home win v top of the table Elfsborg [ Malmo are on 2nd spot] AIK are in 3rd place and have a decent away record of 3-2-1 , scoring 6 conceding 4. Interestingly those 2 draws and loss were their last 3 away games . Quite simply the h2h record and MALMO's exceptional home record this season gives them a great chance . Stake 10pts @ 1.72

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Hi Jtw1. Its a shame about H2H stats. You could try Betbase which is currently free to use although I think that this is just for the summer. I can't see any prices for subscriptions but I know that it was previously €89 for 2 years. Good luck!

Re: Head-to Head Meetings

One slight concern is the fact that CORITIBA have the 1st leg of the Brazilian Cup Final mid-week but imo they should still be too strong for SPORT. Stake 10pts @ 1.7
Coritiba 2-0 up within 25 mins then go and lose 2-3 Doh cant legislate for that :(

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Great to see you back, sir. Will follow with interest (and cash!) Real shame to hear about the guy from h2h. He provided a great service that im sure lots of people used. Thoughts with his family and friends. However, life does go on, so lets make him happy in heaven and bash those bookies!

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Great to see you back, sir. Will follow with interest (and cash!) Real shame to hear about the guy from h2h. He provided a great service that im sure lots of people used. Thoughts with his family and friends. However, life does go on, so lets make him happy in heaven and bash those bookies!

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Thanks for the positive comments guys and thankfully MALMO saved the blush's with an emphatic 4-0 win after CORITIBA slipped up ..maybe one eye on that Cup game on Weds ..:\ Tuesday - Finnish Veikkausliiga - HONKA [8th] v mariehamn [2nd] and the home side has a record of 6-1-0 since 2004 [ they also wona Cup game at home v mariehamn in 2011 ] HONKA have a home record of 4-1-2 , significantly they have won the last 4 homes , of which one was against the team in 3rd place in the league .They have scored 9 , conceded 9 . MARIEHAMN has an away record of 3-0-3 , scoring 10 and conceding 11. They have lost 2 of the last 3 aways inc one against the team in 11th place [2nd bottom] in the league. 7pt's separate these 2 teams so there's not too much between them . MARIEHAMN are certainly to be respected as their 2nd place in the league suggest's but given the fact's that they have lost 2 of the last 3 aways and have never won in the league or in a cup game away to HONKA since at least 2004 [ 19 games ] suggests to me a home win is probable. Stake 10pts @ 2.0 Starting Bank = 100pts Current Bank = 87.20pts

Re: Head-to Head Meetings As only1woz stated above we lost to a 98th minute OWN GOAL !!!!! Sometimes you wonder if somebody's trying to tell you something ...but then you realise [as my sig used to say] S.H.I.T happens :lol Nothing catch's the eye for tomorrow .

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Btw, not sure if you use flashscores for your results, but they have pretty good h2h stats. Click on a match, then h2h, and it will show you last 5 of home teams results, last 5 away teams results, and last 5 h2h. However, if you click "show more" underneath, it shows last 10 home/away team results, and h2h result for last few years (furthest ive seen so far stretches back to 1999!). Hope this helps.

Re: Head-to Head Meetings I think he's looking for a site that gives a quick overview of H2H for all the matches of a specific day (so you can analyse potential interesting games). Otherwise you need to "open" each separate game to review the H2H stats, quite time consuming I guess.

I think he's looking for a site that gives a quick overview of H2H for all the matches of a specific day (so you can analyse potential interesting games). Otherwise you need to "open" each separate game to review the H2H stats, quite time consuming I guess.
Indeed :ok but i must admit the h2h facility on flashscores is impressive :D Here's one i fancy in the MLS in the early hours of Thursday morning , although not a great deal to go on h2h-wise. COLORADO beat VANCOUVER 2-1 in this fixture last season , their only h2h . COLORADO have a home record of 5-1-2 scoring 18 conceding 8. However 3 of their last 4 games have been away and to some of the strongest home sides in the MLS , KANSAS [6-0-2] , VANCOUVER [5-3-1] and top of the Western Conference table side SAN JOSE [5-2-1] and they were very unlucky to lose that last away match to SAN JOSE as they conceded an Own Goal and a 90th min penalty !! They played and beat PORTLAND 3-0 in their last game which was at home . VANCOUVER on the other hand have an away record of 2-2-3 and have actually lost 3 of their last 4 , drawing the other . They only managed to score 2 while conceding 9. When you look at VANCOUVER'S home record of 5-3-1 , they do appear to be happier at home . IMO it's worth an interest in the home side , Stake 10pts @ 1.95 [blue Sq]

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Starting Bank = 100pts Current Bank = 77.20pts In Ecuador [ yes thats ECUADOR] tonight see's LDU QUITO v manta and the home side have won 8/8 . They have scored 29 while conceding only 5 goals . LDU are in 7th place overall in the league and have a home record of 5-4-1 this season , the last including 2 wins and 3 draws aganist teams currently in 1st , 2nd and 6th. MANTA sit in 8th spot and have an away record 3-2-5 for 2012. One fact i think can help us understand why the home side have such an impressive record in h2h and that could be because at 2.85 km above sea-level it's the highest Capital city in the world while MANTA sits at sea-level . MANTA's record v QUITO's other side in Ecuador's Serie A , DEPORTIVO QUITO, is just as poor at 9-0-1 . That means their overall record in QUITO sit's at 17-0-1. Stake 10pts @ 1.61 , bet365.

Starting Bank = 100pts Current Bank = 77.20pts In Ecuador [ yes thats ECUADOR] tonight see's LDU QUITO v manta and the home side have won 8/8 . They have scored 29 while conceding only 5 goals . LDU are in 7th place overall in the league and have a home record of 5-4-1 this season , the last including 2 wins and 3 draws aganist teams currently in 1st , 2nd and 6th. MANTA sit in 8th spot and have an away record 3-2-5 for 2012. One fact i think can help us understand why the home side have such an impressive record in h2h and that could be because at 2.85 km above sea-level it's the highest Capital city in the world while MANTA sits at sea-level . MANTA's record v QUITO's other side in Ecuador's Serie A , DEPORTIVO QUITO, is just as poor at 9-0-1 . That means their overall record in QUITO sit's at 17-0-1. Stake 10pts @ 1.61 , bet365.
2-0 :ok

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Sweden - ELFSBORG v mjallby has only been played twice in recent season's with ELFSBORG winning 2-0 and 4-0 but the stat that catch's the eye is the home record of ELFSBORG , winning all 6 this season and only losing 3 at home in the past 3 seasons. Not a high scoring team , 10 for 2 against , but as you can see they don't concede too many either and they are currently top of the league . MJALLBY sit in 11th spot and have won only 1 away this season , 1-3-2 . In their last 5 games they have lost to both sides above them in the league while gaining 2 draws and a win v teams below them. ELFSBORG were soundly thrashed away from home 5-1 last week at ATVIDABERGS [3rd] who are no slouch's at home themselves [5-0-2] but they appeared to get that result out of their system when trouncing Maltese minnows FLORIANA 8-0. Back ELFSBORG to regain winning ways in the league @ 1.53

Sweden - ELFSBORG v mjallby has only been played twice in recent season's with ELFSBORG winning 2-0 and 4-0 but the stat that catch's the eye is the home record of ELFSBORG , winning all 6 this season and only losing 3 at home in the past 3 seasons. Not a high scoring team , 10 for 2 against , but as you can see they don't concede too many either and they are currently top of the league . MJALLBY sit in 11th spot and have won only 1 away this season , 1-3-2 . In their last 5 games they have lost to both sides above them in the league while gaining 2 draws and a win v teams below them. ELFSBORG were soundly thrashed away from home 5-1 last week at ATVIDABERGS [3rd] who are no slouch's at home themselves [5-0-2] but they appeared to get that result out of their system when trouncing Maltese minnows FLORIANA 8-0. Back ELFSBORG to regain winning ways in the league @ 1.53
0-0 :( Starting Bank = 100pts Current Bank = 73.30pts Ok if this is going to work i really need to keep my discipline and that's something i've not done since starting up again , selecting games with too few h2h's and also under my 1.6 odds limit . Apologies to those who may have lost on a couple of these picks :$ Rule 1 - Odds MUST be between 1.6 and 2.5 Rule 2 - There has to have been at least 4 recent h2h's in the corresponding fixture with the HOME side winning a significant number of historic h2h's. Rule 3 - Selections must have had a decent run of results in their last 5 home's ..ie won a significant number or/and drawn or lost by a narrow margin goal to superior opposition.

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Ireland - BOHEMIANS v UC DUBLIN has ended in the home teams favour in 5 of the past 6 meetings. BOHEMIANS should be glad to back to league business after a 5-1 thrashing in Iceland mid-week in a CL qualifier , prior to that they had won 2 and drawn 2 of their last 5 at home , 4-0 v 4th place Shamrock and 1-0 v Cork [7th] with the 2 draws being against the 1st and 3rd placed sides in the league . Hopefully their CL commitments won't have taken too much out of the team. UC DUBLIN have yet to win away from home , 0-2-5. Stake 10pts @ 2.05

Ireland - BOHEMIANS v UC DUBLIN has ended in the home teams favour in 5 of the past 6 meetings. BOHEMIANS should be glad to back to league business after a 5-1 thrashing in Iceland mid-week in a CL qualifier , prior to that they had won 2 and drawn 2 of their last 5 at home , 4-0 v 4th place Shamrock and 1-0 v Cork [7th] with the 2 draws being against the 1st and 3rd placed sides in the league . Hopefully their CL commitments won't have taken too much out of the team. UC DUBLIN have yet to win away from home , 0-2-5. Stake 10pts @ 2.05
1-0 :D

Checkout www.bari91.com all results since 2000 inc H2H
Cheers mate :ok Weds - PERU - A LIMA v INTI GAS has been won by the home side in 5/5 games since 2009. A LIMA [13th] have a home record this season of 7-3-1 , they lost their last 2 games but those were both away from home [1-4-7 away record] they drew with the 4th placed and beat the 2nd placed teams in the league in their last 2 home match's. INTI GAS have an away record of 1-2-8 , [8-3-1 at home] and have lost the last 4 of those . Basically these teams appear to have mirror image results at Home compared to playing away ,so, together with the h2h the bet is 10pts A LIMA @ 1.7

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Head-to Head Meetings A LIMA v INTI GAS ended in a draw :eyes Holidays are over and the main Euro leagues are kicking in. Saturday - Denmark Superliga - NORDSJAELLAND have beaten SILKEBORG 7 times from the past 8 corresponding meetings since 2006/7 . Both have played 4 games in the league this season with N'LLAND's record being 1-2-1 , their only home game from those seen them earn a draw v 2nd placed Odense and also an away point v 4th placed and a win v 5th placed. SILKEBORG are 1-0-3 with the sole win being against the side who are currently propping up the league [ Esbjerg 0-1-3 ] then followed 3 defeats , 2 at home and 1 away. N'LLAND won the league last season ,losing only twice at home. Stake 10pts @ 1.72 with Ladbrokes , bet 365 are as low as 1.6

A LIMA v INTI GAS ended in a draw :eyes Holidays are over and the main Euro leagues are kicking in. Saturday - Denmark Superliga - NORDSJAELLAND have beaten SILKEBORG 7 times from the past 8 corresponding meetings since 2006/7 . Both have played 4 games in the league this season with N'LLAND's record being 1-2-1 , their only home game from those seen them earn a draw v 2nd placed Odense and also an away point v 4th placed and a win v 5th placed. SILKEBORG are 1-0-3 with the sole win being against the side who are currently propping up the league [ Esbjerg 0-1-3 ] then followed 3 defeats , 2 at home and 1 away. N'LLAND won the league last season ,losing only twice at home. Stake 10pts @ 1.72 with Ladbrokes , bet 365 are as low as 1.6
6-1 :cigar Will update totals later on

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Sunday - Brazil - SAO PAULO v GREMIO has ended in victory for the home team in the past 8 from 9 corresponding fixtures , the other was a draw , since 2002 . Sao Paulo also have a home victory in the Cope Libertadores v Gremio in that time. SAO PAULO are 6th in the league table [8-1-6] and have a home record of 6-0-1 conceding only 3 goals whilst scoring 11 , the sole loss was v 2nd placed VASCO. GREMIO are actually above SP in the table , 4th [9-1-5] , but their away form is not too impressive 3-1-4 inc losses to the 14th and 18th placed sides. Stake 10pts @ 2.00 from bet365

Re: Head-to Head Meetings Good evening all and i hope you'll forgive me if i rip up the rules i posted earlier on this page. Basically took time to review the past season's results and the record of teams with odds of 2.0+ simply has a strike-rate which only just ensures a very small profit , as you would expect those who are shorter have a better strike-rate with a decent return esp those 1.4 - 1.8. Readjusted rules --------------- Rule 1 - odds MUST be between 1.33 and 1.9 on offer from bet365 Rule 2 - There has to have been at least 4 recent h2h's in the corresponding fixture with the HOME side winning a significant number of historic h2h's. Rule 3 - Selections must have had a decent run of results in their last 5 home's ..ie won a significant number or/and drawn or lost by a narrow margin goal to superior opposition. Taking those shorter odds also means i'll be betting doubles/ trebles the majority of the time , i know a significant amount of readers prefer to bet singles but i'm confidant i can achieve the strike-rate needed to show a profit in the majority of bets. I will not consider any league until they have played at least 4 match's into the season and will end with 4 to play. ANY cup game will not be taken , LEAGUE ONLY. Only games played between Friday and Monday will be looked at. As h2hstats is still in limbo i'm relying on flash scores for info . Fri- A KIEV v ILLICHEVETS in the Ukrainian 1st Div has seen the home side win 5 of the past 7 corresponding fixture [17 scored 4 conceded] A KIEV have played 5 games this season with a 2-1-2 record , the draw and 2 losses were v the teams currently in 1st , 2nd and 3rd and all of whom are usually top 4 finishers. Their 2 wins were against sides currently above them in the table A KIEV are found just below top 6 come the end of recent season's while ILLICHEVETS flirt with the mid - to - bottom part of the league. ILLICHEVETS have also played 5 games this season with a record of 2-0-3 , winning 2 aways but they were against a newly promoted side who have gathered only 1 pt from a possible 15 and a serial bottom half finisher. Stake 10pts @ 1.9 with bet365 , corals is as low as 1.8