** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

----> Home Teams For 1% <----

Re: ----> Home Teams For 1% <----

Sequence 35. Goal = $14.62 NHL Hockey, Pinnacle Anaheim Ducks @ Columbus Blue Jackets, Thursday 7 PM EST $17.69 on Columbus Blue Jackets +0.5 -121 (regulation time)
LOSER! Anaheim Ducks @ Columbus Blue Jackets 5-2 Lost = $17.69 Sequence 35 balance = -$17.69

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequence 35. Goal = $14.62 NHL Hockey, Pinnacle Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings, Thursday 10:30 PM EST $18.75 on Los Angeles Kings +0.5 -106 (regulation time)
LOSER! Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings 4-2 Lost = $18.75 Sequence 35 balance = -$36.44

:ok I don't want to shot out loud yet (it's still early times), but maybe I found my groove in this thread. The key seems to go for only 1% gain in a sequence. I wonder if it would be wise to go now for a lower % per sequence, and begin the next Sequence for a goal of maybe 1/140 gain of the bank (that's 0.714%). :dude This way I would be more on the safe side if I hit a very hairy sequence - as the essence in long term betting is not to win but NOT TO LOSE!
I've been following this thread for the past few days, have been quite impressed with the results, although i agree with staffy i believe in saying there's a lot to risk on a losing run. I was thinking of an idea though; What if your maximum losing streak could be 5 in a row? Whereas on the 5th bet, if you lose, you mark the sequence as unsuccessful and move onto the next. Updating your results history accordingly. ie something like;
System total: Sequences finished = 34 (Including 4 double winner sequences) Sequences unfinished = 2 Bets = 174, Won = 83, Lost = 78, Push = 13 Bankroll = +$461.82
Just a little suggestion to see if it takes your fancy, it would mean that your profit wouldn't be as high right now, but you're risking less and should stay in the profit in the long run quite easy as your sequence wins have been quite steady. Anyway fantastic profit so far, keep up the great picks :ok

Sequence 35. Goal = $14.62 Germany, Regionalliga North Soccer , Pinnacle 1. FC Dynamo Dresden @ Borussia Dortmund A, Friday 12 AM EST $74.00 on Borussia Dortmund A pk and +0.5 -104
LOSER! 1. FC Dynamo Dresden @ Borussia Dortmund A 3-2 Lost = $74.00 Sequence 35 balance = -$145.15

I've been following this thread for the past few days, have been quite impressed with the results, although i agree with staffy i believe in saying there's a lot to risk on a losing run. I was thinking of an idea though; What if your maximum losing streak could be 5 in a row? Whereas on the 5th bet, if you lose, you mark the sequence as unsuccessful and move onto the next. Updating your results history accordingly. ie something like; Just a little suggestion to see if it takes your fancy, it would mean that your profit wouldn't be as high right now, but you're risking less and should stay in the profit in the long run quite easy as your sequence wins have been quite steady. Anyway fantastic profit so far, keep up the great picks :ok
I'm thinking that after 5 (or maybe 6? - depending on the total I'm down) losses in row the next wager to be calculated just to recover half what I've lost in the sequence. Once or twice I've done this way, if I'm remembering it right, though I'm not sure it was after 5 losses... IMO declaring the thread loser after 5 losses wouldn't work in the long rung, because I could have once in every 10 sequence one gone astray like this. Than in the long run I would make almost no profit. Let's see what I'm going to do with this sequence 35, which has a horrible going...

Sequence 35. Goal = $14.62 NHL Regulation Time, Hockey, Pinnacle Tampa Bay Lightning @ Carolina Hurricanes, Friday 7:30 PM EST $301.15 on Carolina Hurricanes -0.5 +107
LOSER! Tampa Bay Lightning @ Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 Lost = $301.15 Sequence 35 balance = -$623.38

Sequence 35. Goal = $14.62 Russia - Vyshaya Liga, Soccer, Pinnacle Spartak Moscow @ Zenit St. Petersburg, Saturday 6 AM EST $365.00 on Zenit St. Petersburg pk and -0.5 -117
LOSER! Spartak Moscow @ Zenit St. Petersburg 3-1 Lost = $365.00 Sequence 35 balance = -$988.38 ----------------------------------------- :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall Just 7 losers in row folks. The 8-th one, the last one possible just to come in about 2 hours.

Sending you some luck over mate' date=' getting scary now.[/quote'] Thanks mate! :ok This just proves the n-th time if it was necesarry that absollutely nothing based on anything that has to do with progressive staking/some kind of variation of Martingale it's just impossible to work in the long run. If I would begin 100 threads with 100 different kinds of progressive staking, 101 would end up by being busted. The only variable would be the time to "succeed" doing this. The absollutely only way to do sportsbetting is by level stakes, a fact known "for ages" even by any marginally serious sports bettor who looks for a long term involvement.

got Wilhelmshaven on livescore and :hope for a come back
Thanks mate! But no way they come back, since they are down by 2 now, in the 45-th minute. When a system needs to be busted, it will go busted in no time - 8 bets in my case.

Very unlucky mate. You have perhaps proved to others this kind of staking is very dangerous. Just sorry you have found out now.
To be honest, I knew myself for ages too that anything progressive it's impossible to work..., because I do betting for about 6 years now. But I guess I wanted to try the impossible to make work, and I just failed like countless others before me. Now in various threads posted here on PL (of course all progressive stakings) I'm down with about $1,500. It won't harm me much, since for very many months I'm making a pure profit of over $1,500 average/month sticking with an US tout service, but still leaves me with a bad feeling. If for nothing else, than for the amount of time I've put in these threads... My statement in bold letters about progressive staking/any kind of Martingale variant (posted a couple of places abowe) should be made a sticky forever on this forum, to prevent newbies from losing hard earned money.

To be honest, I knew myself for ages too that anything progressive it's impossible to work..., because I do betting for about 6 years now. But I guess I wanted to try the impossible to make work, and I just failed like countless others before me.
My statement in bold letters about progressive staking/any kind of Martingale variant (posted a couple of places abowe) should be made a sticky forever on this forum, to prevent newbies from losing hard earned money.
Even after 6 years of betting and knowing all too well progressive staking doesn't work you still had to have a go and lost cash. Sticky's don't work mate, if someone doesn't learn the lessons from previous threads, and there are quite a few of them, then they will only learn the hard way. All we can do is continuously point people towards previous attempts. So i'd say this thread goes into the classics archive for future reference.

Sequence 35. Goal = $14.62 Germany, Regionalliga North Soccer, Pinnacle Borussia Mönchengladbach A @ SV Wilhelmshaven, Saturday 8 AM EST $ 473.44 on SV Wilhelmshaven -0.5 +105
LOSER! Borussia Mönchengladbach A @ SV Wilhelmshaven 2-1 Lost = $473.44 Thread 35 balance = -$1,461.82

Re: ----> Home Teams For 1% <---- A shame to see you lose and the bank busted Player. It's nice to see people posting strategies here even if they don't prove profitble because there's always lessons to be learnt along the way. They can be fun to read too even if you know the chance of success is minimal. Even if the only thing this thread has achieved is to warn against martingale / progressive staking then something has been achieved. All the best with your future bets :ok

A shame to see you lose and the bank busted Player. It's nice to see people posting strategies here even if they don't prove profitble because there's always lessons to be learnt along the way. They can be fun to read too even if you know the chance of success is minimal. Even if the only thing this thread has achieved is to warn against martingale / progressive staking then something has been achieved. All the best with your future bets :ok
Thanks Alan! :ok Thing is that if I wouldn't have had the nice cussion of making steady profits over a long period of time from my other betting, I would probably never venture in something like this risking $1,000. And, as you say: "Even if the only thing this thread has achieved is to warn against martingale / progressive staking then something has been achieved"