** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mansion 100K tounry - advice please

robilaruk

Evening all - have qual'd for tonights game via a sat - have a few questions if anyone has played in it? 1) standard of play - good/bad/indifferent? 2) with the 2500 stack can i sit and wait it our for the first hour? and let the wombles bust out? 3) bubble time - people get really tight or not? thanks - and feel free to add anything else pertinent Ta Damo

Re: Mansion 100K tounry - advice please 1) People are prepared to get involved with you with less than decent holdings - there are definitely loose players, I would not necessarily class them all as muppets/wombles. Dont expect many calling stations - their play is aggressive!!! 2) I've found tight play is the best for the first hour - need to bet and be aggressive when you have the goods - overbets dont tend to be paid off though (as they would at the levels we're more used to) 3) Yes it tightens up around the bubble - but there are the fair share of players who will take advantage of this/their stacks and try to bully the table.... 4) Good luck mate :ok

Re: Mansion 100K tounry - advice please I've played it 11 times, unfortunately I haven't made a final table yet and have only cashed twice (finishing 20th and 39th). So I'm more or less breaking even on them so far. With the value on offer though I am sure I will be ahead in the long term.... assuming mansion keep them going*. To answer your questions: 1. Generally average. There are some very bad players but nowhere near the same % wise as you would find in freerolls or $5-$10 MTTs. 2. I wouldn't advocate not playing a hand that isn't AA or KK in the first hour but yes you can generally play tight. I have never gone out in the first hour and although I will pick my moments to enter pots and try and build my stack, I am careful not to over commit myself early on. 3. Yes people get very tight, more so than I expected actually. So if you want to win the tournament and the bubble is approaching don't be shy ;) Good luck. * anyone know how long they are going on for?

Re: Mansion 100K tounry - advice please thanks for the advice and good wishes in these 'big buy in/big payout' games (the 25K on sporting and similar games on paradise) I have always played ultra tight for the first hour and got to the 100/200 blind stage with probably around 1500-2K in chips assuming I haven't hit anything - and then found myself getting my cash in the middle with AQ AJ 88 etc against folks with 10K+ stacks am just wondering if this is the right strategy to play - if I don't hit at any time during the first hour I lose about a 1/4 of my stack or so - am wondering if the 15 min blinds on mansion make a massive difference? (they tend to be 12 mins on other sites so you have an extra level before the break) it doesn't have the blind structure on the site - is it 10/20 15/30 25/50 50/100 if so I'll see about 10 BB and be down about 500 chips if i autofold everything but AA and KK - so not too bad? I haven't played an MTT is ages (its been cash only), so my play is a little rusty at the mo! Cheers Damo

Re: Mansion 100K tounry - advice please oh well out in 317 saw 10 10 twice and finally 66 - which ran into AA and JJ when I had 8BB left and shoved LOL I am not very good at MTT's. unless I hit good cards I get short stacked and then struggle - every one else on my table had 5K+ and I was nursing my 1700 or so - need to be more aggressive earlier levels and gamble for chips? where's my HoH books???? Damo