Freeroll strategies

aimar21

I wanna build just a little bankroll to start with the cash games in which I'm better at but I don't want to deposit money since there are freerolls :). In freerolls, especially the ones without any value, most players are retards. That's the problem. I can't win against retards. I can't even get in the payout structure. So I realized maybe I'm not a tournament player so I need some advices on constantly getting on at least payout structures. cheers.

Re: Freeroll strategies I think in the bigger freerolls (where there are 1000 players or more) you have to take a chance and have luck on your side and not be too downhearted if you go out of these. With the smaller freerolls such as the Safety Net on SO/Paradise you do get more of a chance to play 'proper' tournament poker. How I like to play is to wait for a really big pocket pair or a very strong ace and try to get doubled up off it. Once I have a stack I can be patient and wait for the really good hands to develop. I have said it before and I will stand by it here, that I think the key to MTT success is patience and constantly re-assessing your realistic aims. I start off wanting (and hoping) to win, but have to accept there is a good chance I won't. Once I accept that I can play my good hands without fear. Then, if I have built up a nice stack I will look at the bubble and if I am above i try and stay there, and if I'm below that is my first aim - to get into the payout places. But as my chip count falls and rises I am constantly changing my realistic goals for the tournament. It is possible with NLHE to go from looking at winning a tournament to going out in a couple of hands, and yI fail a lot of the time when I don't re-assess my position. Another key point to MTT survival is choosing good hands that you are prepared to go all in with when short-stacked. I understand the attraction of pushing with a weak A, because if you get called by a big-stack and no one hits then you win, but I prefer to push with something like KJ/KQ or something similar and hope that if I'm called its by an underpair or, if it is by someone holding an Ace, then I hope I'm not dominated. This could be something a cash player struggles with, because as the blinds never change the patient players can grind it out and wait, but the rising blinds mean you have to be less fussy. However, there have been times when I have been extremely short stacked and been in danger of being blinded out of a tournament, then I had a run of good hands and ended up either winning or nearly winning the whole tournament, so patience is always something you should have in abundance as well. I know others will come on here and talk about playing to win the tournament, but that isn't how I play. I always play with the intent of building my bankroll, so if i enter a $10+1 tourney, then I am happy if I go out itm the and get paid $18. Regardless of what I say, I know there are better tournament players on here than me. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.