Announcements
** September Nap's Competition Result: 1st Boulder5111, 2nd Craig Bluenose, 3rd Barnsley Chop, 4th Zilzalian KO Cup: Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners: Waggy**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**

newbie,first {football}system

This was the first system I devised and six months later is still the best and most profitable i,ve come accross,beautifull in it's simplicity.First of all chooose two top draw teams at home eg-man united,chelsea,liverpool,barcalona,inter milan,lyon,celtic-include them in one home double and if it loses double the bet and so on.With chelsea and man united starting with a 10% of bank bet this runs at about 10% profit of bank per week for the last two years. Very niave but it works. Comments welcome.Brutally honest comments :welcome

Re: newbie,first {football}system Brutally honest ? Ok, it's a dreadful system that will destory your bankroll in the long term. Doubling on a loss is what is know as Martingdale. Go to search on here and look for martingdale, there has been a milion threads on it, it's a road to ruin. If you want make money, try either fixed stakes or fixed profit singles

Re: newbie,first {football}system Thanks for the input,I thought people would slate it,it does seem primitive but what can I say if it works.You can't say for sure that it will fail in the long run it just deppends on the selections and if I have four losses in a row.Also if I were only to bet 0.50% of my bank it would certainly win 'surely'.Your input is very much appreciated.

Re: newbie,first {football}system It shouldn't fail 4 times in a row, but it can happen and probably will in the long run. Imagine if you took Chelsea against Reading, Fulham, Aston Villa and Wycombe, or Barcelona v Getafe or Real Madrid v Recreativo etc. How sure are you that when you pick the right game when on chase #2 or #3 that it's your judgement and not good luck that you didn't do say, the Chelsea game at home?

Re: newbie,first {football}system

Also if I were only to bet 0.50% of my bank it would certainly win 'surely'.
You initially quoted a 10% of bank per bet, now it's 0.5% Why the change? Martingdale may work in the very short term, but long term it's a no-no so I find it hard to believe that after 6 months (as you quoted) it's works.

You initially quoted a 10% of bank per bet, now it's 0.5% Why the change? Martingdale may work in the very short term, but long term it's a no-no so I find it hard to believe that after 6 months (as you quoted) it's works.
It has worked for two years not 6 months.the change from 10% to 0.5% was to show that the effectivness of the system in the long run deppends on the %age of bank you bet with,eg if i were looking to make £0.50 per bet with a bank of £100 that would give space for 8 losing bets witch in my opinion is not going to happen.I must stress though that the two year success is with using 10% of bank per bet.I have been doing this bet for the past six months.

It shouldn't fail 4 times in a row' date=' but it can happen and probably will in the long run. Imagine if you took Chelsea against Reading, Fulham, Aston Villa and Wycombe, or Barcelona v Getafe or Real Madrid v Recreativo etc. How sure are you that when you pick the right game when on chase #2 or #3 that it's your judgement and not good luck that you didn't do say, the Chelsea game at home?[/quote'] Sorry I didnt state that I only bet on league games.

It has worked for two years not 6 months.the change from 10% to 0.5% was to show that the effectivness of the system in the long run deppends on the %age of bank you bet with' date=eg if i were looking to make £0.50 per bet with a bank of £100 that would give space for 8 losing bets witch in my opinion is not going to happen.I must stress though that the two year success is with using 10% of bank per bet.I have been doing this bet for the past six months.
so by using a 10% base and 2 teams your risk of failure resides in team 1 AND team 2 NOT winning for only 2 matches each? think about it. your system will not work. READ THIS POST http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20302&highlight=martingdale

This was the first system I devised and six months later is still the best and most profitable i' date=ve come accross,beautifull in it's simplicity.First of all chooose two top draw teams at home eg-man united,chelsea,liverpool,barcalona,inter milan,lyon,celtic-include them in one home double and if it loses double the bet and so on.With chelsea and man united starting with a 10% of bank bet this runs at about 10% profit of bank per week for the last two years. Very niave but it works. Comments welcome.Brutally honest comments :welcome

OK, oooonions. In your first post you asked for comments, "Brutally Honest Comments". People have given you their honest comments, yet you seem to be aggrieved because they were honest and did not go your way. You also quoted in your first post "This was the first system I devised and six months later is still the best", nowhere do you mention 2 years. So do you mean that you have been following this system for the last 2 years and the statement "and six months later is still the best" means that something else was better then in the previous 18 months. It not a play on words, it's what you typed. You quoted "include them in one home double", so this means that you have constantly picked 2 home teams to win every time you bet. That would be a good strike rate we all would be envious of. You have not mentioned how many bets you have placed, what strike rate, what yield, or even your picks as suggested in my previous post, so we are just supposed to believe you? What bank did you start off with 2 years ago, because you must be mega rich now if for the last 104 weeks (2 years) you have been placing 10% bets on doubles week in week out.(That's my impression as you have not stated what your bet frequency is) These are my honest comments and I hope you may post your double picks here on a weekly basis, so others can see how good you are, then punters here will believe you and help you .

so by using a 10% base and 2 teams your risk of failure resides in team 1 AND team 2 NOT winning for only 2 matches each? think about it. your system will not work. READ THIS POST http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20302&highlight=martingdale[/quoteThanks for the thread a very interesting read.

I really appreciate all of your comments' date=sorry if I come accross wrongly.first of all I researched this system last season and followed it with my own money this season.compiling all the evidence would take a long time,so i will post my bets in here from now on. CHELSEA@1.24-MAN U@1.31 DOUBLE
That's brill oooonions and :welcome and :hope with your picks. For working out your stats, yield etc, read the sticky that way you can keep track of your money and how well you are doing.

Re: newbie,first {football}system good start,lets see how it pans out,sorry but i'm gonna change something,i'm gonna use 5% as opposed to 10%,it just feels like the right thing to do since i,m starting a fresh,sorry for the unprofessional way this post is put together. starting bank-£100 current bank-£103.12 Total staked-£5 Number of bets-1 Winning bets-1 losing bets-0 strike rate-100% Yield-3.12% profit- £3.12 This post started just as alot of the teams i would bet on are in shaky form eg barcalona,chelsea but i'm happy about lyon finally losing it was inevitable sooner or later.

Re: newbie,first {football}system You will notice it go quiet now mate , everyone has had a go (warned) you and now they(we) will watch with interest. If you get no response it is not that no-one is taking an interest but we wait for the inevitable(lol). Good luck anyway, hope you make a mint, we wait:notworthy

Thanks for your interest and feedback and openmindedness.The martingdale system exists to expand an already profitable strategy' date=I think that may well be the trick here.
If the system is already profitable then why are you using a mathematically flawed staking plan? If Man Utd and Chelsea were good value every week then the washed up guys you see in betting shops every week would be millionaires, and the bookies would be broke. you could run this for 10 years without making a loss, but that doesn't mean the martingale system is working, it just means you've been lucky and at any time you could get wiped out by a bad run of games. Be honest with yourself and think about how the martingale staking plan could possibly turn bad bets into good ones? answer - it can't

If the system is already profitable then why are you using a mathematically flawed staking plan? If Man Utd and Chelsea were good value every week then the washed up guys you see in betting shops every week would be millionaires, and the bookies would be broke. you could run this for 10 years without making a loss, but that doesn't mean the martingale system is working, it just means you've been lucky and at any time you could get wiped out by a bad run of games. Be honest with yourself and think about how the martingale staking plan could possibly turn bad bets into good ones? answer - it can't
Also,I use this system because it makes the losing bets pay.This martingale system might not work in other type of bets but in my research and experience it has in the past.And with a strike rate of about 80% from european fixtures it maximizes profit.Thanks for your comments.ps are you from sheffield?i am originally from sheffield

If i can run this for ten years then i will be a very rich' date='happy man!.[/quote'] I said it could run for 10 years, it could also run for a very expensive 5 weeks ;) Fair enough if you want to go ahead with it, but I can't follow the logic of why this is a winning system. So to quote Peter Jones - '..and for that reason, I'm out' p.s. a Yorkshireman, not originally from Sheffield but lived there for a few years