** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PokerStars Sunday Million

msaban

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million Not a bad return on 2000fpps (£20) and a good experience (helps to cash obviously). Actually cashed with almost exactly my starting stack. I know they've got to get through a lot of players but the structure isn't good, got to be a balance though (esp with 36000 players that played tonight). Gonna have to try and satty in again, final table next time!

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million Could the bust a pokerstars pro achievement be heading for slapdash? Gavin Griffin just sat down on his right lol. He's just gotta double up first... Right I'm off to bed now, GL slapdash, hopefully see a nice score in the MTT winnings section tomorrow. :clap Edit: Nice timing, didn't mean double up through him neccesarily lol

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million Hey Slap ..... Great effort m8 ...... $1k returned gtd :clap I'm still watching as I entered a hi/lo Omaha not expecting to get far and find myself 6th of 110 out of 910 starters ... :wall ..... I hope we both get to FT :hope ..... yours would be worth just a couple of $$ more i guess :D .....

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million Thanks, all.

Top work Slap - frustrating to think how close the PL came to getting someone into the top 500 and beyond' date=' after you and Hen's performanaces[/quote'] To be honest, I'd been nursing a stack of somewhere between 8 and 18xBB for most of the three hours before I went out, and was quite pleased with myself just for keeping up with the blinds for so long (with a bit of help from the cards). Of course, when you're doing well in a tournament with that kind of prize money, you dream of a really big score, but I wouldn't say I was frustrated when I eventually went out. I finally went out when I'd dropped to about 6xBB and shoved K9 from the cutoff (? or was it the hijack?) and got called by AK. Can't complain.

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million Often the most satisfying "scores" are from totally unpromising positions. All it needs is just a couple of double ups and you are average stack again, becomes a question of exactly when to push Unfortunately k9 into ak is a tough ask!!

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million

Often the most satisfying "scores" are from totally unpromising positions. All it needs is just a couple of double ups and you are average stack again, becomes a question of exactly when to push Unfortunately k9 into ak is a tough ask!!
Sure! But I'd already survived several hands where I could easily have gone out, shoving with marginal hands and not being called, and once shoving with QQ, being called by KK and getting lucky on the river. I'm not saying it wasn't disappointing when I went out, but I was in about 4000th place at the bubble (5400 paid), and steadily improved my position until shortly before I went out in 855th. There were very few times during the tournament when I wouldn't have been happy to be told I'd win $1300. Yes, with even more luck I might have done even better, but if I'm going to feel too frustrated about that, then I'm going to spend most of my poker life feeling frustrated!

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million Great stuff Slapdash. :clap

Of course, when you're doing well in a tournament with that kind of prize money, you dream of a really big score
Just seen the winner was a guy called "RichieRichzh" - I've just seen his graph and there is indeed hope for us all. :ok ;) novo2j.jpg

• 1 year later...

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million Guarantee reduced. ;) The Sunday Million is the biggest weekly online poker tournament in the world! This No Limit Hold’em tournament has a guaranteed prize pool of $1,000,000, and attracts the best online poker players from every corner of the globe. This is the event all serious players want to win and the ultimate way to prove your skills to the world. First place prize money is at least $150,000 most weeks and often even more. Go deep in this tournament and you can take your bankroll to new heights and live the life of a high-rolling poker pro. We run hundreds of satellites through the week, meaning that players of all stakes can win their seat. The Sunday Million is famous around the world for good reason. Every week players of all levels contest this high profile tournament for huge prizes. Get your seat and you could be sitting next to a poker legend, an online pro, or a satellite qualifier taking their shot at glory. It’s open to everyone, and provides an unrivalled level of big money poker action, all played out on PokerStars award-winning software. The tournament takes place every Sunday at 16:30 ET (22:30 CET) with a buy-in of $215

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

Change of time to 18:00

Sunday is the day we run many of our biggest and best tournaments. From May 27, the Sunday Million and the Sunday Storm will have new start times.

• The Sunday Million will start at 13:00 ET, offering a huge $1,000,000 guaranteed prize pool every week. Entry is $215, and you can win your seat for as little as $0.90 in satellites running around the clock.
  • The Sunday Storm will run from 14:00 ET, with its combination of massive prize pools and low buy-ins. And you can win cheap entry in satellites for this one too!
Whatever day of the week it is, we’ve got a great tourney for you to play.

Regards,
Stars Support