NL Starting Hand Value

aimar21

hi there, I know about outs, pot odds, value etc. in draw situations but I really don't know about that in starting hands. For example I have JTs obviously you poker experts think about calling or folding it considering the chips in the pot. Lets say the big blind is 200 and no one raised how much should be in the pot so that you can call this 200. I don't think it would make sense to call if only one person wants to see the flop. I'm asking this for these starting hands suited connectors off-suit connectors or Axs-Kxs that don't have a straight possibility thanks all

Re: NL Starting Hand Value Well, not sure i would call myself a poker expert but here is my view. I don`t really care about how much there is in the pot, I care about how deep my oppoents is (how big their stackseize are compared to the amout they put in preflop). It need to be atleast 10 times as big, and usually I want it to be 20 times or more. This is because suited connectors hit so rarely that I want to have a chance of winning a really big pot if I hit a good flop. I doN´t think it matter if there are few or many in the pot, if you have only one opponent, you risc that he doesn´t have any thing if you hit a big flop, so you still only wins a small pot, but on the upside in position against 1 opponent you can often steal the pot when he miss. Against more opponents you can rarely steale the pot, but if you hit a good flop, usually someone else have hit toppair or better, so the you have a good chance of winning a big pot.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.