** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Sword Lady Today

Re: Sword Lady Today No it doesn't happen all that often really Pompeypunt. A lot of the races today at Towcester were decimated by non-runners. Most withdrew due to unsuitable ground. Guess it was raining a lot there and the going became very tricky - especially bad at Towcester which is a very tough NH track at the best of times. Would have thought your payout at Betfair would have been reduced a lot ...

Re: Sword Lady Today 8 Non Runners :eek :eek I'm suprised my bet stands to be honest, that basically makes it a completely different race. Just checked betfair, and i was payed out, Whoever laid at the price i got must be gutted, actually feel abit sorry for them :o I only just started getting into the horses in the last 3-4 months, i take it 8 non runners dosn't happen often??

Sword Lady Today I guess the reduction would amount to something like 70+ per cent and would be surprised if you got more than the starting price. Actually (not always possible and supposing you are not on a hot steamer) it's lamost always worth to wait, especially @ this time of the year. Early backing can work sometimes, but there are also early phantom gambles and stuff like this (Turkish money for a horse with a forecast price like 66/1 backed into 2/1 overnight and in the morning only to drift to 8/1 before the off and failing from the beginning). Good luck whatever you back.:)