** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14)

Wednesday 13 December 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Blackburn v Nancy (19:45 GMT)1.803.355.00106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderTotal Goals
Español v Austria Wien (19:45 GMT)1.404.8210.00103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderTotal Goals
Fenerbahçe v Frankfurt (19:45 GMT)1.723.434.90108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Feyenoord v Wisla Kraków (19:45 GMT)1.553.705.83109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Hapoel Tel Aviv v Mlada Boleslav (19:45 GMT)1.883.404.10107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Palermo v Celta Vigo (19:45 GMT)1.723.484.70108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Paris St-G v Panathinaikos (19:45 GMT)1.453.896.60110% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Zulte Wargerem v Ajax (19:45 GMT)4.203.441.81108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Thursday 14 December 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Auxerre v Livorno (19:45 GMT)1.813.234.19110% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Bayer Leverkusen v Besiktas (19:45 GMT)1.693.575.00108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Heerenveen v Lens (19:45 GMT)2.623.242.56109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Parma v Osasuna (19:45 GMT)2.823.052.87104% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Rangers v Partizan Belgrade (19:45 GMT)1.534.057.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Seville v AZ Alkmaar (19:45 GMT)1.663.535.20108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Sporting Braga v Grasshoppers (19:45 GMT)1.334.829.78106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Tottenham v Dinamo Bucharest (19:45 GMT)1.573.696.00108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultNext Team to ScoreOver/UnderPenalty TakenRed CardTotal Goals

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) Leverkusen v Beşiktaş I know that it is an early bet but my ideas and my aproach to this game will not change until Beşiktaş changes.Another reason for this early bet is that the odds are usually between 1.60 and 1.65 for Leverkusen and odds @1.70 which I found in Interwetten is good and I wanted to take it before a possible dropping in the oods. I have to say that this bet is based on 2 reasons ; 1)A win for Leverkusen is the only way to while draw is enough for Beşiktaş. 2)Leverkusen is a team that has no problems with scoring while Beşiktaş is a team that has problems in defense as well as scoring. I usually like to place my bets or write my picks on the teams that has to win. Leverkusen at home, under these conditions, easy or hard , should win this game. I would stake 10/10 but the form of Ricardino and the possible Turkish crowd in the stadium since it's Germany made me reduce 2 stakes. And even I believe that Beşiktaş can score with the support of the fans, I can see only one result ; Leverkusen to win. Pick: H, Odds: 1.70, Stake: 10, Bookmaker: Interwetten Pick: H/H (HT/FT), Odds: 2.50, Stake: 10, Bookmaker: Bet365 Pick: >2.5, Odds: 1.65, Stake: 10, Bookmaker: Interwetten

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) yamn agree with you Besiktas have been quite poor this season my pick is in the sevilla v az game im going for overs here, priced at 1.79 betfair its too good to miss, the pick doesnt need much explanation as anyone who follows these two teams will know they have have absolutley no problem hitting the net, both teams are very attacking and score plenty of goals, as long as both teams are fully fit this should be an easy moneymaker as far as the game goes, i think Sevilla will prove too much for Az, the best Az could do is draw but i think the Sevilla forwards will easily manipulate the dutch defence over 2.5 goals 1.79 8/10

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) a quick look at the fixtures and Braga to win with a handicap looks another good bet, GC grasshoppers have suffered a recent blip in their league performances recently, being beaten by much weaker teams and have gone 4 games without a win in the swiss league and the weakness in defence is being exposed in every game, coupled with the fact that Braga are a better team im sure the class difference between the two teams will be obvious in the game also laying Palermo could be an idea as they have continually shown no real ambition or motivation to make the most odf this competition as they concentrate on Serie A and getting a champions league spot

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) Yes, these are the last group matches. Top 3 teams will advance to the knockout ties. I don't think there is big money involved (if any) for taking one of top 3 places. It's all about ads and money from tickets. Later in knockout stage there may be some cash involved.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) hi mates! Are there any news concerning Blackburn lines-up for the Wednesday game Blackburn Vs. Nancy? English side is already sure of getting qualifications to the next round so I guess that Hughes may give a rest to some regulars before the important weekend EPL clash with Reading. I;d be grateful for any news... My initial though is to LAY Blackburn but need a comment from PL Forum Communnity ;)

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) Thanks for the info Icky! Lay Livorno as they aim to just concentrate on Serie A - a top 4 finish. They don't have the depth to compete in 3 competitions atm. That explains why they have only 2 points from 3 matches. They travel to Auxerre (who are in 3rd place) & a win will secure next round.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) May want to read this first before laying palermo: www.goal.com Francesco Guidolin and his Rosanero side are ready for a tough week as they will first host Celta Vigo on Wednesday night, in a match the Sicilian club has to win in order to advance to the next round of the Uefa Cup and then will travel to Rome to face the Giallorossi for the 16th matchday of Serie A. "It's a tough week, a week of fire," commented the Palermo coach. "We want to go through to the next round, but unfortunately the only possibility is by defeating Celta. "We must succeed at all costs because Europe is an objective for us and we would waste the feat of having eliminated West Ham." Hard call!

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14)

Leverkusen v Beşiktaş I know that it is an early bet but my ideas and my aproach to this game will not change until Beşiktaş changes.Another reason for this early bet is that the odds are usually between 1.60 and 1.65 for Leverkusen and odds @1.70 which I found in Interwetten is good and I wanted to take it before a possible dropping in the oods. I have to say that this bet is based on 2 reasons ; 1)A win for Leverkusen is the only way to while draw is enough for Beşiktaş. 2)Leverkusen is a team that has no problems with scoring while Beşiktaş is a team that has problems in defense as well as scoring. I usually like to place my bets or write my picks on the teams that has to win. Leverkusen at home, under these conditions, easy or hard , should win this game. I would stake 10/10 but the form of Ricardino and the possible Turkish crowd in the stadium since it's Germany made me reduce 2 stakes. And even I believe that Beşiktaş can score with the support of the fans, I can see only one result ; Leverkusen to win. Pick: H, Odds: 1.70, Stake: 10, Bookmaker: Interwetten Pick: H/H (HT/FT), Odds: 2.50, Stake: 10, Bookmaker: Bet365 Pick: >2.5, Odds: 1.65, Stake: 10, Bookmaker: Interwetten
Leverkusen v Beşiktaş Both Teams To Score @1.83 - Sportingbet 10/10

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) Fenerbahçe v E.Frankfurt There is no need to try to find an amazing value or something new here since it is all clear for me. Where draw is enough for Fenerbahçe, Frankfurt should win. If a team like Frankfurt wants to win a game, they must score and they have all the chances here to do that. Fenerbahçe defense is not trustable enough and since football is the game of goal/goals Frankfurt should manage to score here at least 1. I dont see Fenerbahçe playing for draw either. They should show some stuff to proceed and in front of the strong home crowd they should able to score at least 1, too. Under these circmuntances if a big suprise wont happen, I see "over 2.5 goals" and "Both Teams To Score" as the most logical and possible bets here. Over 2.5 Goals @1.75 Sportingbet 10/10 Both Teams To Score @1.83 Sportingbet 10/10

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) hi.i think that none of the clubs dont want not to fight in uefa cup.cause of money.they get some amount on win or lose or draw.i dont know the exact number but i think something between 250 til 1mil euro.so who wouldnt like to participate in next round.2 games and 2times money. if anyone like to check how much money the get for game plz write.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) UEFA Cup Soccer Feyenoord 13-December-2006 11:44 AM PST Spread -1 for Game -113 A Polish friend tells me not to bet against Wisla Krakow, but I'll take Feyenoord's 6-1-1 home record (in last 8) in a tougher league any day. Feyenoord must win to move on in the Cup; Wisla needs just a draw to advance but their defense isn't spectacular. UEFA Cup Soccer Fenerbahce/Frankfurt 13-December-2006 11:44 AM PST Total Points OVER 2.5 for Game -125 Fenerbahce always good for goals at home, and Frankfurt is no slouch on the attack either. Frankfurt must win to advance, Fener need only a draw to advance...I think both teams will score... BOL all

UEFA Cup Soccer Feyenoord 13-December-2006 11:44 AM PST Spread -1 for Game -113 A Polish friend tells me not to bet against Wisla Krakow, but I'll take Feyenoord's 6-1-1 home record (in last 8) in a tougher league any day. Feyenoord must win to move on in the Cup; Wisla needs just a draw to advance but their defense isn't spectacular.
Hi mate, I am Polish too but from me you would get an advice to follow your pick and bet on Feyenoord. It's true that Dutch side is not as strong as it used to be in the last season but still at home stadium they are much better than Wisla Cracow. Polish League ended a few weeks ago and Wisla' players could not be in the best physical condition. What's more the jey defende Cleber is OUT so defence won't be so difficult to beat. Odds on Feyenoord win are not immpressing but still I see the hosts to get a convincing win here.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) My best picks: Palermo vs Celta Vigo Celta away only need a draw to finish (2nd or 3rd) You just can't trust Palermo as previous reports suggest they want to make round of 32. I think they want to exist now rather than later & a draw for Palermo would mean they're out. Pick: Celta not to lose or X Rangers vs Partizan Rangers at home only need a draw to finish first in group. Partizan are last & have nothing to play for (GD is -4). I still think Rangers want max points from this game. Pick: Rangers win Braga vs Grasshoppers Braga at home need a win to finish 3rd. Grasshoppers are last and have nothing to play for (GD -10). Braga should be too strong at home. Pick: Braga win Auxerre vs Livorno Auxerre at home only need a draw to finish 3rd, a win would have them 2nd. Previous reports suggest Livorno want to exit now rather than later because they don't have the depth to compete in 3 competitions. There aim is C/L. A draw for Livorno would see them exit. Pick: 1 or Auxerre not to lose GL

Hi mate, I am Polish too but from me you would get an advice to follow your pick and bet on Feyenoord. It's true that Dutch side is not as strong as it used to be in the last season but still at home stadium they are much better than Wisla Cracow. Polish League ended a few weeks ago and Wisla' players could not be in the best physical condition. What's more the jey defende Cleber is OUT so defence won't be so difficult to beat. Odds on Feyenoord win are not immpressing but still I see the hosts to get a convincing win here.
Thanks, I played it before I posted and am not too worried. This friend (from Krakow, in fact) just thinks that the Polish teams play well when you think they won't, and play badly when you think they'll be good. BOL tomorrow!

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) Feyenoord – Wisla K.

Pick: Feyenoord

Odds: 1.55 @ NordicBet

Stake: 7/10

Feyenoord regained their form again after the slow start. The slow start, imo, was mainly because they lost their two best players during the summer (Kuyt and Kalou) and every team in the wolrd would miss these players after their departure (they were carriers of Feyenoord play in last few seasons). Feyenoord won last 5 home matches and their confidence is going higher and higher after every played match.

Wisla Krakow started the season very bad either, but after the coach change they started to play better. At the moment the are fifth in their domestic league. After the hiring of Okuka, Wisla started to play more offensively and that was the main reason of falling many goals in their matches, both scoring and conceding.

Feyenoord is 4th in the group in UEFA Cup with 2 points one point less then Wisla who is 3rd. If Feyenoord want to advance into the next stage they must win today. Feyenoord is big name in European football and it will be big dissapointment if they fail to qualify. They are playing well, especially at home and tonight is expected great support from their fans so Feyenoord in my eyes will win this one easily. Why easily? Wisla is not great in their defense and playing against great offensive team will not be an easy task for them, and if Feyenoor scores the first goal, they will score few more, because then Wilsa will go attacking and will leave more space at the back.

Feyenoord chairman van den Herik resigned from his position and now fans will be happier, because they didn’t want him to be chairman, so the atmosphere won’t be nervous. Quality is on Feyenoord side, also is home advantage and form. These reasons are enough for me to back them tonight.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventBlackburn v Nancy
SelectionUnder 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date13/12/2006
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 1.63 (Back)
ReasoningBoth sides play for top spot in the group (and missing out on the champions league rejects). I'm not expecting too much ambition from the French side in front of goal (despite all their previous group games going over 2.5 goals). Blackburn will be missing a few of their more stronger first team players and Nancy's defensive record in their respective domestic league speaks for itself. Due to Blackburns poor league position they have a few very important league games coming up so IF they get a lead I again don't expect them to be 'busting a gut' to score a hatful. As a rule I don't like the 'under 2.5 goals' bet, as they say 'it only takes a second to score a goal'.

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) I take Palermo tonight at 2.08 with mansion. Palermo vs Celta There is no time to have so many calculations: Palermo decided to play for qualify and so they will start with the best line-up possible after they wasted the rest of the matches playing with the second lines. This changement of decision to search to progress, left me some doubts, cause Palermo will play sunday against Roma in Serie A, but I think, to watch for the table, that Guidolin and his entourage understood so well that Palermo has a good advantage (from 5th place) to keep the CHL placement and the Scudetto race is pure madness, so the match against Roma can value the 2nd place and, anyway, an eventual lost, considering that the walk is very long, would not be a drama. So Palermo to start strong tonight and really I disagree with the bookies about these high odds, cause Celta is surely a bad opponent to face, with 2 results good to progress (draw and away win), but the match will be played seriously from the sicilian team. Missed the defenders Biava and Bovo, the midfielder Diana and the striker Amauri (already with Chievo in CHL preliminars). Line-up: Agliardi; Cassani, Zaccardo, Barzagli, Pisano; Guana, Corini, Simplicio; Di Michele, Bresciano; Caracciolo. Celta, by the other side, has founded the best results on the road, in La Liga, but tonight this will be another history, cause Palermo needs only to win and I don't know sincerely how much strong and fast could be the defensive line of Celta to cover the attack of the home side. Missed Aspas, Lequi, Guaire, Pablo Garcia. Line-up: Esteban; Angel, Lequi, Contrerad, Placente; Oubina, Ireney; Gustavo Lopez, Canobbio, Nenè; Baiano. Celta can give pain in counter attack game with Canobbio and Baiano; Palermo can procurate damages with all the regulars, like game's philosophy of Guidolin.

I take Palermo tonight at 2.08 with mansion. Palermo vs Celta There is no time to have so many calculations: Palermo decided to play for qualify and so they will start with the best line-up possible after they wasted the rest of the matches playing with the second lines. This changement of decision to search to progress, left me some doubts, cause Palermo will play sunday against Roma in Serie A, but I think, to watch for the table, that Guidolin and his entourage understood so well that Palermo has a good advantage (from 5th place) to keep the CHL placement and the Scudetto race is pure madness, so the match against Roma can value the 2nd place and, anyway, an eventual lost, considering that the walk is very long, would not be a drama. So Palermo to start strong tonight and really I disagree with the bookies about these high odds, cause Celta is surely a bad opponent to face, with 2 results good to progress (draw and away win), but the match will be played seriously from the sicilian team. Missed the defenders Biava and Bovo, the midfielder Diana and the striker Amauri (already with Chievo in CHL preliminars). Line-up: Agliardi; Cassani, Zaccardo, Barzagli, Pisano; Guana, Corini, Simplicio; Di Michele, Bresciano; Caracciolo. Celta, by the other side, has founded the best results on the road, in La Liga, but tonight this will be another history, cause Palermo needs only to win and I don't know sincerely how much strong and fast could be the defensive line of Celta to cover the attack of the home side. Missed Aspas, Lequi, Guaire, Pablo Garcia. Line-up: Esteban; Angel, Lequi, Contrerad, Placente; Oubina, Ireney; Gustavo Lopez, Canobbio, Nenè; Baiano. Celta can give pain in counter attack game with Canobbio and Baiano; Palermo can procurate damages with all the regulars, like game's philosophy of Guidolin.
---------------------------------------------------------------- I totaly agree with you Giovanni :cheers Palermo have good atack in form buth without Amauri they will have problem to score ... trucky one but i will try half time draw /full time home win 3/10

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) Blackburn/Nancy Draw +215 @Bodog Under 2.5 @ -170 Both teams have been sluggish as far as domestic league form :zzz and I think draw is an outome that suits both these teams fine. There is not much between these two teams as far as talent and there are no major injuries. Good value @+215. Not the best odds for the Under but this game should be a boring affair with not much between the two sides. Feyenoord Rotterdam @-220 Over 2.5 @-165 This should be a goal feast as Rotterdam is tough at home. This is a club that has scored 33 goals in 16 matches and conceded 30. Open play here as the home side will go for the win. I think Wisla may be able to even score one on the counter. Espanyol vs Austria is a no bet for me, Espanyol is basically going to finish 1st in the group baring huge upset. Will stay out of way of this one as Austria playing for pride at this point. Zulte/Ajax Over 2.5 @-160 Ajax -135 Should see some goals here as Zulte has some shaky defending. Ajax is clearly the more talented team and I think Zulte will not recover from their 6-2 beating by Espanyol last time out. Ajax will need this win as they currently sit 3rd in the group atm. Ajax I think will be able to score the 3 goals themselves. Hapsoel Tel Aviv/Mlada Boleslav Draw +225 Under -145 Tel Aviv impressive after there beating of PSG, square up against a solid Czech club. Mlada has conceded just 2 goals in 3 matches, however they have only scored once. I think this one should be an interesting affair where tel Aviv will be aggresive and try to overwhelm the Czech side but I dont think they will be able to break through. Panathinaikos +585 I a aware that PSG needs this match and Panathinaikos is alrdy through to next rd but I feel that PSG has been playing too poorly to get this much respect (oddswise), will have to look at line ups to make sure Panathinaikos doesnt bench their starting 11 but good value here as the Greek club would be able to clinch the top spot. No opinion on total. Celta +310 Over 2.5 -110 Good odds for away team to sneak one as I am really worried about Palermo looking ahead to Sundays clash with Roma. Celta is no stranger to these cup games and I think the spanish side will have a bit of surprise. Some have said that a draw is good enough but Palermo needs a win and I think they will be vulnerable in this spot. We should see some goals in this one as well. Fenerbache -170 Over 2.5 -145 I know there is talk of an upset here with Frankfurt being able to score some goals but playing in Turkey is never easy and I see good value on the home side here. Fenerbache whipped a solid Palermo squad 3-0 at home in this tournament and if Frankfurt attacks (they need to win) Fenerbache will pounce. I agree with most assesments that their will be some goals in this match so the over is an obvious play here. BOL! :hope

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) My picks : fenerbahce over 2,5 goals Aintracht is abble to score and they will atack and i think lot of space and quick counter atacks will provide a goals Leverkusen home win Is good home team and i think in this moement they are beter team home advantage and motivation will be in there side so home win .for me Rangers Home win Partizan will play without key players and they are no quality for Rangers who play good in last 5 games . SO Home win Feyenord - First half draw/second half Home win Tough game , but Feyenord is good at home. Visitors will show good defence but i think they will crack in second half. First half draw/second half Home win Blackburn under game and half time full time draw. Home side already qualificated and i think this will be slow game and they will share points with Nancy. This will be under game and half time full time draw. GL to all

Re: UEFA Cup Matches (Dec 13-14) Blackburn hosting Nancy in this last round of their and every other UEFA group. Both teams have qualifed with 2wins and a draw. So now what's only left is to determine which team will be first and which will second. Blackburn have to win to be first as draw won't be enough for them as Nancy have more goals scored till now. Nancy is good French team which so far won two home games and drew away with Basel 2:2 after they were loosing 2:1. I think away from home they are not good as in their home games, so LAYing them to win here is pretty good and safe bet imo. They haven't got experience neccesary to beat such team as Blackburn is away from home. And then again draw is enough for them to be first! So best thing is to LAY Nancy, betfair @4.00. GL~!