** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Basketball: Euroleague Round 5

expert

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 It´s going to be a difficult one. I think i´m changing DKV´s victory, Barton, Betts and Rudy won´t play, so I´ll pick the under. I think 146.5 is a bit low, but with those injuries and Lottomatica dependeing on Bodiroga, it´s easy. Le Mans is surprising me. I think they will grow up in the second half. I think de over 160 for TAU is nice. TAU will score a lot against poor Climamio. The H2H is very good too. 3Q: Dinamo 52-45 Le Mans 1Q: Efes 17-25 Olympiakos

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Shame, just when i thought that the fortunes had changed @ 49-45, Le Mans managed to repeat the second quarter. Le Mans was simply missing Nicevic who really sucked in this one, making it think 5 or 6 turnovers, and sitting on the bench for the most of the match. Efes also not looking very good...

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5

what a second half from Efes' date=' simply unbelievable. they were shooting three pointers as they were making layups. The ML bet won, but the under bet - waaaay over.[/quote'] i can say that under was blowing at the first minutes after 3 min there was such a strange result 11:7 ... anyway was great game to watch ... now all money on TAU

Sport Euro Basketball
Event Energie Cologne v Prokom Trefl
Selection Prokom Trefl +4
Strength 10/10
Date 23/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Last week, the Polish champs outlasted Dynamo Moscow 60-49 in a low-scoring game in Sopot. Jasmin Hukic scored 11 to lead Prokom. While Prokom, averaging 67.5 points per game, may try to slow down the pace against RheinEnergie, it will likely need to increase its scoring as well. Prokom's game is built around defense. Its attack revolves around its big guys in the paint, most notably Huseyin Besok (10 ppg.) and Tomas Masiulis (7.5 rpg.). RheinEnergie will lean on its own Polish national team player, center Marcin Gortat (9.2 ppg.), to carry his own against Besok, with Janar Talts, Alvin Jones and Guido Grunheid helping out. Burrell's (12.5 ppg., 7.7 rpg.) athleticism could cause Prokom to use explosive forward Filip Dylewicz in an extended role. The forward's ability to rebound and keep Prokom's big guys in check will have major implications on his team's running game, a key to get easy points against the visitors' tough defense.

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 yeah ... i can see that Joventut is the team which is very unpredictible ... one day they can win over the leaders second to underdoogs , will have in mind this maybe next time will catch some good odd go go go TAU!!! :D all depends on you spaniards

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 bad day in Euro basket. Have to thank god for Efes straight win, as this result was the one that made the night bearable. Seems that only when the money is not involved i can pick the winners

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 I dont know if there will be any time tomorrow to write analysis so lets try with some early picks 1.Benetton v Aris Very tough one to call, handicap margin is set on -9 and totals on 147,5 pts. In my view thats a clear HW, but moneyline is just crap and see no value in that. The margin is very tricky and dont have the balls to play it. Seems that under could be the right bet as Aris had allowed more than 80 pts only two times this season (CSKA & Panathinaikos) and they seem to score around 67-70 pts per game). Pick: under 147,5 @ 1.90 sportingodds 3/10 2. Cibona v Maccabi Maybe the trickiest of all matches tomorrow. History is on Maccabis side with 4-0 in last meetings in EL, but Maccabi just isnt the same team as they were. Cibona is one of those teams that is not to be trusted, they can win big or loose big. If i had to choose, i would skip total pts bet simply because of Cibonas love of the overtimes, but the handicap of +3 for Zagreb team could do the trick. My suggestion is to skip this one, with +3 in Cibonas favour @ 1.90 Ukbet the alternative. Pick: NO BET 3. Napoli - Pau Orthez In my eyes the best bet of the day, just behind the Pana game. We all saw the football games in Napoli, well that should be something similar. Poor Orthez are visiting the Italian south, with the feeling of two straight losses in the national championship. They have surprised by playing very well on their two visits in EL, but IMO Italians with the crowd behind them will win this one. Picks: Napoli stright win @ 1.50 10/10 expekt Napoli win (-5) @ 1.90 6/10 Ukbet under 146,5 @ 1.90 betuk.com 5/10

Sport NBA
Event Cibona v Maccabi Elite
Selection Cibona +4
Strength 10/10
Date 23/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Eurobet @ 1.85 (Back)
Reasoning Cibona (2-2) and undefeated at home, plans to show the visitors just whose house it is. Maccabi has looked impressive at times in Group B, but the fact is that the Israeli champs have lost five of their last seven Euroleague road games, including a 103-91 defeat at Partizan this season. Last week, at home in Tel Aviv, Maccabi blitzed DKV Joventut 92-75 with another fine showing from frontline tandem Vujcic and rookie Lior Eliyahu. Cibona last week missed a golden opporunity for a road win, falling 101-92 in double overtime at Partizan, despite 17 points and 10 rebounds from Brent Wright and another 17 from Davor Kus. Vujcic and Spahija from Maccabi can expect a warm welcome before tipoff, but once the first shot is launched, this is anyone's game.

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Zalgiris Kaunas - CSKA Moscow Zalgiris are 1-3 in this group, while CSKA 3-1! Zalgiris:

1L, at Benetton Treviso 95 - 82
2W, vs Eldo Napoli 83 - 65
3L, vs Winterthur FCB 86 - 92
4L, at Fenerbahce Ulker 84 - 75
CSKA:
1W, at Eldo Napoli 64 - 74
2W, vs Aris TT Bank 83 - 68
3L, at Pau-Orthez 73 - 67
4W, vs Benetton Treviso 83 - 67
Classical clash here in Kaunas! Zalgiris and CSKA game is something special for all Lithuanians to beat Russians!
this is a Soviet Union championship final 1987 in Moscow and Zalgiris won it :) always playing theese two team really is something special ! anyway ... CSKA lost last rado game to Pau-Orthez ... and they will come here to win for sure ... Zalgiris is a home team .. at home they playing really better than on road .. (W vs Nappoli 84:65, L to FCB 86:92), vs FCB lost in dying minutes .. Navaro killed Kaunas, evenmhore when the game against CSKA they will have today full motivation to fight ... CSKA is group leaders and play good discipline basketball , but on road they're bit struggling ... (L @ Pau 67:73; W @ Napoli 74:64), the game against Napoli were decided in last minutes ... and this 10 points for me don't mean anything... expecting good game with good defence on both sides .. Zalgiris really want's to prove to fnas that last loss @ Ulker was a slip .. but the marathon is going all the way .. i will fancy tonight +6 to zalgiris and both teams not to sore 151.5! Zalgiris (+6) - CSKA @1.85 bwin 6/10 Zalgiris - CSKA Under(151.5) @1.85 bwin 6/10 good luck for all today in Euroleague! hope Zalgiris will replace my los yesterday! :hope

Sport Euro Basketball
Event Barcelona v Fenerbahce
Selection Barcelona -12
Strength 10/10
Date 23/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Winterthur FCB looks to remain undefeated atop Group C when Fenerbahce Ulker comes for a visit Thursday to Barcelona, Spain. Fenerbahce (1-3) is coming off its first-ever Euroleague victory last week against Zalgiris and will try to ride the momentum to an upset win. Barcelona (4-0) topped the 90-point mark for the second week in a row with a 20-point victory over Napoli. League-leading scorer Juan Carlos Navarro led Barcelona with 20 points in that one. The game will mark the first meeting between these clubs. Barcelona has won four in a row at home and has been more convincing than ever in its recent games.

Tip Detail
SportEuro Basketball
EventUSK Praha - Bourges (Women Euroleague)
SelectionBourges -8 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date23/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.94 (Back)
ReasoningBourges with 3 comfortable wins so far and Praha with 3 heavy defeats.The things are not looking much better for the home side before today match either.Coach has squad concerns as few players have problems with health.For example Czech international Pavlickova.Bourges is experienced team which plays always good in europe and this season is not different.I believe that they can skip this line.

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 WOMENS EUROLEAGUE Cherkasky Mavpy - Samara H(0-5.5) [email protected] 7/10 Here's very strange odds , i think that Samara should be a favourites here for sure , and a handicap like this is very huge! Heres some results : Cherkasy Monkeys - Rock Tartu 87:75 UMFN Njardvik - Cherkasy Monkeys 96:98 CSK VVS Samara - UMFN Njardvik 101:80 Rock Tartu - CSK VVS Samara 78:89 Russian girls should beat here , but a handy is save and i'm about 90% sure that it would go straight ! good luck!

Tip Detail
SportEuro Basketball
EventRheinEnergie - Prokom
SelectionProkom
Strength10/10
Date23/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.24 (Back)
ReasoningProkom underdog here :) I highly doubt it.After really good performance against Dynamo and before that win over Le Mans and in the first round really good match against Efes.Energie on the other hand with only one win so far over poor Climamio.Two heavy defeats at home against Tau and Efes.I don't believe that RheinEnergie should be favourite here.Euroleague is very important competition for Prokom and they want to make it further than Regular season.In matches like this one they will give for sure 100%.

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Euroleague round 5 recap

Results:

Wednesday:

LOTTOMATICA ROMA

DKV JOVENTUT

15-23

16-21

31-44

22-11

18-14

71-69

TAU CERAMICA

CLIMAMIO BOLOGNA

16-11

30-19

46-30

22-20

22-30

90-80

UNION OLIMPIJA

PARTIZAN MOBTEL

17-15

15-16

32-31

21-13

17-27

70-71

EFES PILSEN

OLYMPIAKOS P.

18-25

19-23

37-48

19-12

39-17

95-77

DYNAMO MOSCOW

LE MANS

19-16

21-7

40-23

12-22

22-12

74-57

Thursday:

BENETTON TREVISO

ARIS TH.

16-18

20-7

36-25

13-13

15-4

64-42

-

64-42

ELDO NAPOLI

PAU-ORTHEZ

16-22

19-19

35-41

25-14

17-22

77-77

7-19

84-96

WINTERTHUR FCB

FENERBAHCE ULKER

28-16

26-19

54-35

10-18

20-17

84-70

-

84-70

RHEIN ENERGIE KOLN

PROKOM TREFL

18-26

24-17

42-43

20-11

22-26

84-80

-

84-80

PANATHINAIKOS

UNICAJA

28-19

19-20

47-39

20-15

20-18

87-72

-

87-72

ZALGIRIS KAUNAS

CSKA MOSCOW

19-14

15-21

34-35

16-20

9-23

59-78

-

59-78

CIBONA VIP

MACCABI TEL AVIV

20-19

22-12

42-31

27-20

18-31

87-82

-

87-82

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 So the 5th round is behind us, as we can see there were no major upsets this time around. IMO the surprise result was an easy win for Cibona (result doesnt show that), because they were leading after 3rd quarter against Maccabi +18, and maybee the Efes win against Oly, but lets be honest, Efes won that match simply because they were hiting three pointers without mistakes (around 65%) and won the second half with astonishing 58-29 pts.

Once again the importance of the home court was shown with home teams winning 9 of 12 matches. The only away wins were achieved by Partizan (jumper 2 seconds from the end), expected win for CSKA in Kaunas, and for me surprising win after OT for Orthez in Napoli. It seems that the French team is giving everything in Euro competition so it may be smart to bet against them at their national champs where as i wrote earlier lost two in a row.

Maccabi is showing signs that they are still not the top team atm, but believe me when the season gets in the later stages they will be on par with TAU, PAO, Olympiakos and Barca who in my eyes are the only possible teams who can win this years competition.

Also the second Moscow team Dynamo is maybe starting to show the signs of last years form – i am saying just maybee because Le Mans played horibly and almost the whole match without one of their key players Nicevic who had really bad day - but Dynamo could become the surprise package.

CSKA once again could be the team with the best record in regular season as the Russian team crushed Zalgiris withouth mercy in the former Soviet union derby and IMO they could become a banker in the following rounds.

And the end of the day i still made a profit from this round, because the bet of the week was won - Panathinaikos -8, and they managed that without to many problems, and of course Efes saved the wednesday.

If i would have the time i would expand basket my picks onto the national competitions – but still think that could be very dangerous as there is posibility that top teams will not be giving 100% in national champs because of the Eurocups. Anyway good to see the thread evolving, lets make it even better in the followng weeks!:ok

• 9 years later...
  • 5 months later...