** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Basketball: Euroleague Round 5

expert

Wednesday 22 November 2006
AwayHomebookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Dynamo Moscow v Le Mans (17:15 GMT)1.122.08137%Related markets...Money LineMatch Result- - -Point SpreadHandicap Result
Efes Pilzen v Olympiakos (18:15 GMT)2.081.40120%Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPoint Spread- - -Total PointsHandicap Result
Lottomatica RM v Joventud Badalona (19:45 GMT)1.221.63144%Related markets...Money LineMatch Result- - -Point SpreadHandicap Result
Olimpia v Partizan Beograd (19:45 GMT)1.361.47142%Related markets...Money LineMatch Result- - -Point SpreadHandicap Result
Tau Ceramica v VidiVici Bologna (19:45 GMT)1.043.15128%Related markets...Money LineTotal Points
Thursday 23 November 2006
AwayHomebookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Cibona v Maccabi Elite (18:00 GMT)1.631.22144%Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPoint Spread- - -Total PointsHandicap Result
Panathinaikos v Unicaja Malaga (18:45 GMT)1.132.52129%Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPoint Spread- - -Total PointsHandicap Result
Zalgiris Kaunas v CSKA Moscow (18:45 GMT)1.981.28129%Related markets...Money LineMatch Result- - -Point SpreadHandicap Result
Energie Cologne v Prokom Trefl (19:15 GMT)1.221.63144%Related markets...Money LineMatch ResultPoint Spread- - -Total PointsHandicap Result
Barcelona v Ãœlker Istanbul (19:45 GMT)1.033.35127%Related markets...Money Line- - -Match ResultHandicap Result
Benetton Treviso v Aris Thessaloniki (19:45 GMT)1.122.10137%Related markets...Money LineMatch Result- - -Point SpreadHandicap Result
SS Napoli v Pau-Orthez (19:45 GMT)1.221.63144%Related markets...Money LineMatch Result- - -Point SpreadHandicap Result

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Dynamo Moscow - Le Mans

Le Mans is personally for me the surprise package in this years Euroleague. A team that is not well known in Europe has begun its first EL experience in extraordinary way with 2-2 record, and with respectable win against one of the EL regulars Efes Pilsen in Istanbul. In last weeks round they were defeated at home by the Greek powerhouse Olympiakos by seven points (81-88), but you could say that only lack of experience at highest level cost them that defeat, as they were leading in the 3rd Q for 14 pts already. The team has, as most of the French teams, players with great athetlic and physical abilities and with Nicevič the excellent centre with very soft hand.

Matches in EL

Le Mans - Olympiakos Piraeus 81:88

Pilsen Istanbul - Le Mans 53:64

Prokom Trefl Sopot - Le Mans 69:67

Le Mans - Skipper Bologna 82:71

Current ULEB champions Dynamo Moscow didnt had the best starts of the EL, yes they won both home matches against less than impressive Skipper (0-4) and Cologne (1-3), and lost to Prokom and Tau Ceramica. IMO more was expected from a highly favoured Moscow team . They lost only twice in last yars ULEB cup (against Hapoel and against this weeks opponents Le Mans), which they won without too many problems.

Matches in EL

Prokom Trefl Sopot - Dynamo Moscow 60:49

Dynamo Moscow - Skipper Bologna 78:73

Tau Ceramica - Dynamo Moscow 77:61

Dynamo Moscow - RheinEnergy Cologne 75:68

Last years H2H

Dynamo Moscow vs. Le Mans 69-67

Le Mans vs Dynamo Moscow 76-70

Prediction:

At the time the odds and handicaps arent out yet, but looking at their current form and stats i would strongly consider to play Le Mans on the +5-pts handicap and also with the right odds straight away win. But to be fair the under which is expected to be at around 145 points is THE bet for this game. I consider that Le Mans will be going for physical match, and with their great defensive play (3rd in French league & 2nd in EL) the match should be a close affair So the bets are as follow.

Edit: just saw the early odds

Picks:

Le Mans +8 @ 1.9 Sportingodds 10/10

Le Mans straight win – matchresult @ 4.75 Sportingodds 2/10

Over/Under - pending… (would go for under at expected 145/150 total points)

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Dynamo Moscow - Le Mans - update handicap margin droping as i thought. Sportingbets has the line on +7, at expekt is on +6. The total points line is set on intersting 141,5 pts @ expekt, which for me is at this point a no bet, maybe on the other hand sligtly favouring over on this line @ 1.90. Looking at the other odds Panathinaikos (-9) vs Unicaja , with Pana to win @ 1.90 Ukbet, looks like a banker in this round.

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 I will play again on Barca's Handycap, now it's a -11 ... Barcelona one of the favourites of this tournament ... and elsemore when they playing at home they are evenmore dangerous ... let's just see the results : Round 1: Pau-Orthez - FCB 66:72 Round 2: FCB - Benneton Treviso 82:69 Round 3: Zalgiris - FCB 86:92 Round 4: FCB - Eldo Napoli 91:71 Barca 2 games won at home and 2 on road ... Ulker after 3 straight loss finaly got their first victory last week against Zalgiris in Istanbul Abdi Ikpeci ... then Ulker crashed Zalgiris in first quarter (27-10) and hold on for a first victory 94:85! Ulker now bit a self confident for that win at home! At this time barca is strongest team with longer bench and better players in my eyes ... Ulker just can go around 3 players all the season ... good luck !

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 The second pick on the Basques .... TAU ceramika to win with handicap -13 ... I can say oh my god , whats happening with Climamio Bologna ?? They are now in very bad shape than ever befora ... 0-4 in Euroleague ... just 3-5 in Legabasket championship , they're in 13th position , on sunday Climamio lost at home to Montegranaro 77:86! I can see here very strong problems to all Climamio mangment ... What we've got on the other side ? Scola, Planinic, Rakocevic, House, Erdogan, Peker; This season TAU looks very good and the results telling truth ... they're 2nd behind Olimpiacos in Eurolaegue ... last mach in ACB at home won by 20 pts (Tau Cerámica - Akasvayu Girona 95-75) Tau playing at home very fast and hard basketbal with fast passes ... Tau to win over the baddest team in Euroleague in my eyes with handy -13! good luck all!

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Efes Pilsen v Olympiakos

Second pick of the day is the Turkish-Greek derby. We know that the countries arent really fond of each other so the game will be full of emotions on and of the pitch.

Efes Pilsen and Olympiakos are completely differnet teams in terms of play style. Olympiakos is a high scoring team (375:319 pts in four games) and Efes a highly defensive team (271:267 pts in four games).

Its highly risky to predict anything, but in my opinion (and of course the gut feeling) Efes should command their style of play at their home court. They are experienced Euroleague team, they will have full stands shouting and praying for their win, and this could and should give their players »wings« to play above their possiblities, especially as they are playing their Greek neighbours.

I put some connections between Efes – Oly game and the game that Oly played against Le Mans last week. You could see that Le Mans lost the match because they were caught in the rhytm of that Olympiakos play, they couldnt play their defensive game, and thats why they scored 81 pts and conceeded 88 (look at their other results). I will give that defeat to their inexperience to play at that level because they sure have enough quality players in their roster.

So if i compare Le Mans and Efes, they are very similar in the rank of cenceeding and scoring baskets, but Efes is more experienced, read: they have a lot more EL games under their belt, they will have fanatic support on the stands, so i believe they will enforce their style of play to Olympiakos.

Final verdict:

This game should not be looked upon as the game which will be won by the team who posesses more quality, or by the fact that Olympiakos has far better start to the EL, this match should be an emotional battle and my gut tells me that Efes should win that one, they have already done that in the past, and with odds that the bookies are offering for Efes win, i will gladly take a risk.

H2H:

Mutual matches Pilsen Istanbul - Olympiakos Piraeus

Euroleague - Men 2005/2006

Pilsen Istanbul Olympiakos Piraeus 77:69

Olympiakos Piraeus Pilsen Istanbul 75:78 OT

Euroleague - Men 2004/2005

Pilsen Istanbul Olympiakos Piraeus 80:54

Olympiakos Piraeus Pilsen Istanbul 59:110

Euroleague - Men 2003/2004

Pilsen Istanbul Olympiakos Piraeus 61:52

Olympiakos Piraeus Pilsen Istanbul 57:69

Euroleague - Men 2001/2002

Pilsen Istanbul Olympiakos Piraeus 79:80 1.75

Olympiakos Piraeus Pilsen Istanbul 87:72

Picks:

Efes Pilsen to win @ 2.7 10bet 7/10

Efes Pilsen +4 @ 1.9 10bet 9/10

Total points under 153,5 @ 1.9 10bet 7/10

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Oh yes BTW. Must say that i already took the bet Panathinaikos (-8) vs Unicaja - Pana win @ 1.9 Expekt with high stakes. I strongly suspect that the handicap line will go up on app. 12-14 pts in the coming days. Will post the preview of the game...

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5

Oh yes BTW. Must say that i already took the bet Panathinaikos (-8) vs Unicaja - Pana win @ 1.9 Expekt with high stakes. I strongly suspect that the handicap line will go up on app. 12-14 pts in the coming days. Will post the preview of the game...
all who have a start should have the end ! i think always play on PAO handys is very slightly ... it's just my opinion ... Joventut are not mugs and they play respectly basketball with very good experienced coach in front it ..

all who have a start should have the end ! i think always play on PAO handys is very slightly ... it's just my opinion ... Joventut are not mugs and they play respectly basketball with very good experienced coach in front it ..
yes i know, but we all play a game called gambling...so at the end of the day you just put your money on what you think is the right decision. gl

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Lottomatica RM v Joventud Badalona

I ve got to fancy the Roma team to win this one and list their second win of the running EL season. I would go for the italians even before the news that Lubos Barton is injured. Bartron averaged 29 mins and 14 pts per game. He joins guard Rudy Fernandez (20 mins and 12.5 per game), centre Andy Betts (24 mins/11pts) and Robert Archibald. Joventud reacted and brought giant Duenas. IMO that wouldnt be enough, as short bench should be the key factor in this game,as the stamina will be decisive in the second half. If the Roma coach decides to rotate players more than in previous games, Lotomatica should win the game easily, but that as i feel will not happen, so Lottomatica wil once again depend on their superstar Bodiroga. With the home crowd and motivated Bodiroga Roma should win this one

H2H That will be the first match between those two, so i will take a look at the stats in their national championships. Roma have 3-1 HR having lost only to Kinder 64-69. Juventud are 2-3 away (wins against Forum Valladolid and Granada). EL: Only win for Roma was at home win against Partizan and Joventut beat Unicaja in the Spanish derby away and lost to Maccabi (-17) Final verdict: As i said the short bench and also Bodiroga, motivated to bring Roma from the bottom of the group and finish their run of three defeats could be decisive factor in this match, so i am going for the handicap win.

Pick:

Lottomatica to win (-5) @ 1.90 Expekt 5/10

Great work expert! Good luck :hope
Thanks. Well last week was simply unbelievable with 7-1 record, but i only put money on the 2-1 record, so hope to repeat similar succes, anyway today i am all about eurohockey...

Thanks. Well last week was simply unbelievable with 7-1 record' date=' but i only put money on the 2-1 record, so hope to repeat similar succes, anyway today i am all about eurohockey...[/quote'] Yeah great stuff from you in the b-ball. Sadly I dont know much about it but I will follow you with some bets in the future. :ok

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Tau Ceramica v CLIMAMIO Bologna

Speaking frankly Tau Ceramica is IMO the best basketball team in Europe, OK if not the best then surely at evens with Panathinaikos. Everywhere you look there is the star player, staritng from one of the most complete players- Argentinian forward Scola to two great cenres Splitter and Kaya Paker, and what about outside line, well opponents coach should have nightmares: Rakocevic, Prigioni, Erdogan, Planinic, House. Its the team without any weakneses, extremely strong inside and outside. Coach Perasovic should feel like Rijkaard with the talent he has at his exposal.

EL: Tau has started the Euro season with away defeat against Olympiakos (78-98), but bare in mind, that Scola was injured in that one, after that they defeated Dynamo +16, Efes +3 and Cologne +32. In domestic ACB league they are second with 8-1 record, with their ony slip up against CS Fernando away.

Games ACB

Pamesa Valencia - TAU Cerámica 94 - 95

TAU Cerámica - Alta Gestión Fuenlabrada 84 - 74

TAU Cerámica - Polaris World CB Murcia 81 - 65

Gran Canaria - TAU Cerámica 81 - 84

Unicaja - TAU Cerámica 62 - 76

TAU Cerámica - C.B. Granada 72 - 51

Winterthur F.C. Barcelona - Tau Cerámica 86 - 99

Caja San Fernando - Tau Cerámica 99 - 90

Tau Cerámica - Akasvayu Girona 95 - 75

Games EL:

Tau Ceramica Pilsen Istanbul 68:65

RheinEnergy Cologne Tau Ceramica 70:102

Tau Ceramica Dynamo Moscow 77:61

Olympiakos Piraeus Tau Ceramica 97:78

Games EL:

Skipper Bologna - RheinEnergy Cologne 86:90

Skipper Bologna - Olympiakos Piraeus 86:93

Their H2H, they both won their home matches and lost away

Skipper Bologna Tau Ceramica 86:66

Tau Ceramica Skipper Bologna 77:69

Skipper Bologna Tau Ceramica 86:79

Tau Ceramica Skipper Bologna 94:84

Final verdict:

TAU is the favourite for this years EL title, and Bologna is just one tiny obstacle that stands in their way. Form of both teams in national champs is great, but in EL Bologna are just awful. They are ruining their respect with losses like that one aginst Cologne. Yes they will try to put on a great performance and try to put that defeat behind them, but IMO they coudnt wished for the worse opponent. TAU should crush the italians in that one, and even that the handicap margin is pretty high, i am going to trust the Spaniards to complete the job, but with only medium stakes, as the Italian teams are soooo unpredictable

Pick

TAU Ceramica to win (-14.5) @ 1.90 Expekt 4/10

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Le Man will be without Bogavac(shooter) and A.Koffi returns after injury, Papadopoulos is doubtful for this game. Oly is much better team than Efes.Just one question for expert,did you watch Oly games this season? Lottomatica have a team on the same level like Joventut,but Spanish team how have more problems(Rudy was out last 2 weeks) and center Lubos Barton is out for long time injury. GL:hope

Oly is much better team than Efes.Just one question for expert,did you watch Oly games this season?
1. TAU is also much better team than Efes, but they only won by three points last week, also look closer at reasoning, everything should be much clearer.. 2. Im having second thoughts about TAU winining by that handicap margin, yes the gut feeling came into play, so as i stand, this game is at least for now a NO BET.

Tau Ceramica v VidiVici Bologna

Speaking frankly Tau Ceramica is IMO the best basketball team in Europe, OK if not the best then surely at evens with Panathinaikos. Everywhere you look there is the star player, staritng from one of the most complete players- Argentinian forward Scola to two great cenres Splitter and Kaya Paker, and what about outside line, well opponents coach should have nightmares: Rakocevic, Prigioni, Erdogan, Planinic, House. Its the team without any weakneses, extremely strong inside and outside. Coach Perasovic should feel like Rijkaard with the talent he has at his exposal.

EL: Tau has started the Euro season with away defeat against Olympiakos (78-98), but bare in mind, that Scola was injured in that one, after that they defeated Dynamo +16, Efes +3 and Cologne +32. In domestic ACB league they are second with 8-1 record, with their ony slip up against CS Fernando away.

Games ACB

Pamesa Valencia - TAU Cerámica 94 - 95

TAU Cerámica - Alta Gestión Fuenlabrada 84 - 74

TAU Cerámica - Polaris World CB Murcia 81 - 65

Gran Canaria - TAU Cerámica 81 - 84

Unicaja - TAU Cerámica 62 - 76

TAU Cerámica - C.B. Granada 72 - 51

Winterthur F.C. Barcelona - Tau Cerámica 86 - 99

Caja San Fernando - Tau Cerámica 99 - 90

Tau Cerámica - Akasvayu Girona 95 - 75

Games EL:

Tau Ceramica Pilsen Istanbul 68:65

RheinEnergy Cologne Tau Ceramica 70:102

Tau Ceramica Dynamo Moscow 77:61

Olympiakos Piraeus Tau Ceramica 97:78

VidiVici Bologna coach, which in comparison to Persaovic who as a player has won Euroleague two or three times in the early 90s with Jugoplastika (later POP84 and today Split CO), and had the honour to play with the legendary players as Toni Kukoc, Dino Radja, Dusko Ivanovic (yes also very succesful coach), Zoran Sretenovic to name just a few, Macedonian coach has yet to prove himself on the big stage.

Bologna has one very intersting player and that is former NBA star Travis Best (Nets, Dallas…) who is slowly adapting to the European style of play. Markovski is fond to rotate pretty much, but the whole game evolves itself around eight players. From that eight three really stand out the most, USA centre Kris Lang (211), naturalized Greek Vukcevic (10,5 pts avg) and Argentinian Giovannoni, who is very good rebounder.

Their start to the season was IMO great as they are leading the Lega A Basket with 7-1 record, their only loss was against Benetton AH.

Games Lega A: link

Games EL:

Skipper Bologna - RheinEnergy Cologne 86:90

Skipper Bologna - Olympiakos Piraeus 86:93

Their H2H, they both won their home matches and lost away

Skipper Bologna Tau Ceramica 86:66

Tau Ceramica Skipper Bologna 77:69

Skipper Bologna Tau Ceramica 86:79

Tau Ceramica Skipper Bologna 94:84

Final verdict:

TAU is the favourite for this years EL title, and Bologna is just one tiny obstacle that stands in their way. Form of both teams in national champs is great, but in EL Bologna are just awful. They are ruining their respect with losses like that one aginst Cologne. Yes they will try to put on a great performance and try to put that defeat behind them, but IMO they coudnt wished for the worse opponent. TAU should crush the italians in that one, and even that the handicap margin is pretty high, i am going to trust the Spaniards to complete the job, but with only medium stakes, as the Italian teams are soooo unpredictable

Pick

TAU Ceramica to win (-14.5) @ 1.90 Expekt 4/10

Expert , this is Climamio Bologna , not the Vidi Vici ... And they're not leading in Legabasket, they're in 13th position CLIMAMIO BOLOGNA! Where you see Vidi Vici playing in Euroleague ???

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Well all i can say: thank you Odds comparison http://www.odds-comparison.co.uk/ How can i have missed that, stupid asswipe...In that case (after the new analysys) the first pick should stand! Promise that i will edit the pick Edit: All i can say in my defence is the fact that Italians seems to change their sponsors faster than i change my underwear, do you still remember Scavolini, Banca di Roma. So i blindly believed what was written and i apologize for that. Promise to be more careful in the future, anyway the first pick should now stand.

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 It happens ! like u said sponsors are changing faster than anything :) i agree with that , evenmhore in Italia ... I see there a TAU win with such a big margin , Climamio are in big troubles and won't be surprised if they will change teheir sponsors ,,, haha :D i hope that lossing strake will be continued in spain .. gl expert

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 I´ll explain my picks for Euroleague (22/11): Efes - Olympiakos. The best European team at the moment against a shadow of a team. Efes is just rubbish in comparison. Last year Efes was a really good team. This year, they will have problems to reach the top-16. I would look for the Olympiakos H2H, I think it´s going to be nice for many of us. Dinamo Moscow - Le Mans. Dinamo is not a really strong team. The French has started really good, and they have a good roster, but travelling to Russia is always difficult. I think a H2H +8 Le Mans is ok. I´ll take it. TAU - Climamio. No comments. H2H -30 TAU if I could. Lottomatica - DKV. Let me say you´re completely wrong. DKV is just better than Lottomatica. They have formed a really strong team. They were hardly defeated at Tel-Aviv, but believe me, it was just a bad day. If everything is right, DKV should win. But a H2H +5 DKV for example (if you don´t want to risk) could be fine. Olimpija - Partizan. Really difficult one. Partizan has become strong at Belgrade, but away they have been destroyed by DKV and another team I don´t remember. Olimpija has improved this year, and they´re getting stronger at home. I´ll take Olimpija, because I think home factor will be decisive.

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 Olimpija v Partizan great to see that thread is evolving. Personally for me the match Olimpija vs Partizan is a no bet. Olimpija play really weird baketball, without any ideas in attack, they are saving themselves with amazing three pointers from seven metres, and are really showing the signs how they miss Arslan and Ožbolt as Ranniko is only playmaker, but they are on the moments just incredible in defence. I weigh two factors in that game 1. Like you said - the home court is a big advantage, especially when playing a young team as Partizan is, also Čebular showed against Unicaja last week what he is capable of, IMO can become a leader of this team (yeah, he was top scorer in last years Slovenian championship). 2.but looking at the other hand, centre positions is the main drawback for the home team, they dont have quality in that area, so the Partizan should force their game under the basket, and force olimpija to make lot of personal fouls. I really dont know how to place any smart judgement in this one, nevertheless my gut is telling me to stay of this one and i think i will leave it that way. BTW: Didint really have a look at the under/over, but if it is set at around 150 pts, it may be a good idea to give under a shot. Pick: no bet

Expert' date=' what do you think about TAU under 159,5 points and Roma under 146,5 points? Also Partizan under 147 points?[/quote'] You can easily take TAU win with such a big margin .. bellieve me , there's no way out for Italians in Spain ... my days pick -13.5 TAU Ceramika to win! Good luck!

Expert' date=' what do you think about TAU under 159,5 points and Roma under 146,5 points? Also Partizan under 147 points?[/quote'] well if i expect correctly TAU should score around 90-92 pts this evening, and Climamio is scoring avg 76pts in Lega A and 79pts in EL. I dont believe that TAU will allow them to score a lot more than 70 in this one, so its a close call. If i predict TAU should be winning in that kind of margin that the match would be already decided after third auarter, so coach will rest star players, so that could be trycky…dont know really, but if i had to decide, i would go for over in this one.

I suspect that Lottomatica – Juventut will have a low score at arund 135 – 140 pts, but is really hard to predict. I am basing this prediction on a low scoring of Spaniards in the last game of national champs, where the managed only 63 against Unicaja, and the fact that the team is poisoned with injuries. Lottomatica also isnt really high scoring team, they managed to excel the 80 basket margin only twice in 12 matches this season. So this one should be under.

Olimpija match –reaaaally hard to tell. But given the fact that both teams know each other pretty well if i had to choose…maybe over, but yesterday i was thinking about under. I think it will all depend of Olimpija three point shooting, there is a lot of reserve in Lorbek and Čebular - if the later gets confident we could be seing an over..... and let me dont talk about Partizans form home/away...thats just to weird . My advice - follow your gut feeling, i have none in this game so NO BET.

whats written above is just my opinion, as i will not be betting on total points, so dont be mad if i kicked in the dark with this prediction.

anyway GL with your picks:hope

Expert' date=' but what about Le Mans +6,5. Do you think its worth a shot? My book doesn't give a bigger handy than this...[/quote'] Well i went for +8 with a lot of confidence, and your suggested bet is just one basket away form that, so i think its worth a shot. I am also going for the straight away win with smallish stakes, as French teams are playing ubelievable in this years ULEB & Euroleague, and the fact that Dynamo is underachieving this season.

Re: Basketball: Euroleague Round 5 HT Dynamo - Le Mans 40-23 dear god what is Le Mans doing. they are shooting 16% FG. Also Nicevič played like sheate, grabbing 3 personals in 15 minute and on the way making 3 TO. They cant play that bad in the second half, if they will shoot at least 40% handi is still possible