Rugby Union World Cup 2007 - Outright

New Zealand still available at 2.34 on Betfair (although not much liquidity) for the WC next year. This price could shorten considerably if they do the business in France over the next few weeks. This side really remind me of where England were just before 2003. An outstanding set of forwards, pacy skillfull backs, the best player in the world (Carter now, Wilkinson in 2003) a great kicking game, poise, the lot. I can't see who would beat this NZ side under pressure. Not only that but another area where they remind me of England around 2003 is in their guile. They've got that experience and nous that lets them walk right on the line when they're disrupting the play and spoiling - in the same way as it used to seem England were always getting the rub of the green (especially when pressure is just starting to build against them) so it is with this NZ side. This is a good value bet IMO, I'd have them odds on and if they beat France in boith of their up coming games I'd expect the odds on them winning the Webb-Ellis next year to drop to around 1.8.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.