** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup (Nov 2)

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Palermo - Newcastle Palermo won 3 pts away in Frankfurt, and now they can relax and not push that much. Newcastle aswell won 3 pts with Fenerbahce at home, so for them also it's not do or die match. I expect tough game with not many goals. Palermo should be more closer to victory here as they play at home but you never know with Newcastle. I believe after the 90min we will see one of these results: 2:0, 1:0, 1:1, 0:0. I suggest Under 2.5 goals, Interwetten @ 1.75. High stakes. GL~

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) there's a lot of different opinions made, definitely for these matches:

18:55Partizan Belgrade - Livorno 2.203.153.15plus.gif
19:25Dinamo Bucuresti - Besiktas 1.703.354.90
THat's the main reason I want to stay away from them. No bets for me (or maybe just Livorno, because I like the name (just kidding)). One game stands out for me: Zulte Waregem against Sparta Prague. I can confirm that Zultes team isn't made of stars (some of the players still even had daytime jobs last season). They have a good, shrewd coach and they managed to win against Austria, but I don't think they stand a chance against Sparta Prague. Value is on the visitors. Same for Bruges against Tottenham. Tottenham will probably snatch the win, but odds are too low. BTW, I liked (and agree with) your post, Ringabell

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Very nice discussion today!!! Just wanted to put some minor thoughts on a tournament that has burnt me many many times. I think Herenveen will win against Odense. Odense lost their "magic spirit" when they lost against Parma at home (even though they've continued a good run in the SAS liga). Also, Herenveen is a "small" enough team in an OK league to actually take the UEFA cup serious. But since I just realised that the match started a couple of minutes ago my view is quite useless :), sorry about that! BUT, the real value tonight is in my opinion Newcastle currently 7.6 at betfair. I totally agree with everyone saying that Palermo is the major favourite for this clash, BUT two things (besides the ridicilous odds): 1) Newcastle is not a bad team but has a quite good squad even though they are really f*cked i the PL so far. 2) Palermo has played terrific in Seria A this season (as we all know) and I don't think they will be too focused on the UEFA cup right now. Also, Palermo is not a regular in the european cups like the big guys in Italy and therefore I think lack some routine. These two factors combined makes me like the Newcastle value (or perhaps a +0.5 AH for Newcastle at around 2.30). 7.6 for a normally good (although right now heavily struggling) Premier League team is always value in my opinion. So, just some small points to make the game more interesting for me. GL everybody!! :hope:hope

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) the bet of the night for me is dinamo bucharest (odds 1.85) to beat besiktas, dinamo have won an unbelievable 13 games out of 13 in the domestic league with a fantastic goal difference :notworthy ,they don,t know what losing (or drawing for that matter) is at the moment and i believe they will win again tonight. Romanian teams also have a good record in uefa cup matches.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Unbelievable match in Belgrade! :lol Even without three best midfielders and their main power(Tomic, Nadj, Brnovic), Partizan totally outclassed Livorno(had all the best players on the pitch), being in the commanding position from start to finish and techinacly WAAAY too superior to the Italian side all night(ball possesion: 72%-28% at the end), but out of nothing a pure fluke by Livorno gk Amelia. two-three minutes from time gave the visitors hardly deserved point. Typical Partizan...They just can't find the net.They totally outclassed a number of teams in the last few years, like Lazio, Marseille, Real Madrid, CSKA Moscow,...,but there's always the same problem.Extremely poor finishing...