** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup (Nov 2)

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Here is something funny : In XV century BC the otomans (now people who live in Turkie) were a big empire - everybody knows that. They defeated everybody except 2 small contries. One of them was Moldova - now belong to Romania. And the leader in those times was Stefan cel Mare. He beat the hell out of the otomans. Now here is the interesting part. Dinamo's stadium is on Stefan cel Mare's street!!! Nice, huh? :)))))))))))))))))))

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2)

Here is something funny : In XV century BC the otomans (now people who live in Turkie) were a big empire - everybody knows that. They defeated everybody except 2 small contries. One of them was Moldova - now belong to Romania. And the leader in those times was Stefan cel Mare. He beat the hell out of the otomans. Now here is the interesting part. Dinamo's stadium is on Stefan cel Mare's street!!! Nice, huh? :)))))))))))))))))))
I'am with you Godmato!!!

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Dinamo - Besiktas Well not much to say here. I'm gona go with majority and play on homewin. Dinamo is just in too good form, while Besiktas complete opposite and struggling for some time. Dinamo is unbeatable in their league and looking unstopable. So at their home with great fans they should win this game and start their UEFA group stage campaign with 3pts. Odds dropped from 1.9 but still they are pretty high. So pick Dinamo -0.5 AH, Pinnacle Sports @1.81. High stakes. GL!

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Ppl askin for Panathinaikaos - Mlada game...Mlada, as greek sites report, might have probs with at least 5 first team players being sick with food poisoning (now i don't know that's how it's called exactly...thing is they probably s**t more than they talk at the mo). Those r Palat, Kisela, Koulic, Matejovski (all names translated from greek site) and the 2nd Keeper. Players might play but they certainly won't be @ their 100%. Also out for Mlada r Abraham and Smerto for different reasons. Now this might look all to easy for PAO BUT it's true that there could b changes in the squad bcoz of Sunday's game against Olympiakos. Also Panathinaikos players will have to face the cold there and the fact that they haven't played gd at all up until now in the greek league and UEFA cup. Main prob for Panathinaikos is fatigue....not the best summer training and the team can't seem to play at all after 45-60 mins... I think it will end up as a draw or 2 if Mlada's players have serious illness probs in addition with Panathinaikos havin most from the first team playin.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Hapoel Tel Aviv vs Rapid Bucharest Odds have been falling as hell on the rumanian side but Hapoel played well in their first game away at Pana and i doubt this will be an easy way for three points for Rapid Heerenveen vs Odense BK Odds for Odsense are falling here.Forw Lasse Nilsen is suspended for Heerenveen and Lasse will be replaced by Yildirim.Johan Absalonsen and Kim Christensen are both suspended for Odsense while Magne Sturød is still injured and Morten Fevang and Alexander Aas are still not ready for 90 mins.Heereveen have been struggling a bit in domestic league but they are always strong at home and are the better side here. Grasshoppers vs AZ Alkmaar First odds for Az was falling and now its hoppers who have the gamblers faith.Open game and no result will surprise Partizan Belgrade vs Livorno Some words from the president of Livorno and whole world was putting their money on the hosts - But Livorno will field a strong X1 and in a open game the value is on the visitors Dynamo Bucharest vs Besiktas Besiktas without a couple of importnant ones but odds started with 1.80-1.90 for the hosts and there is no way that Dynamo should have more than 50% in this game. Nancy vs Wisla Krakow Awful odds on the hosts but Wisla has seen it better days ..Feel that i need at least 1.80 @ Nancy ..Value is on the X2 but maybe not great that either Lens vs Osasuna Osasuna will again make some rotations in their team but still a decent X1 and Lens are nothing special so a smal/medium on the visitors is a decent bet but odds will get even higher so just wait than Mlada Boleslav vs Panatinaikos Mlada with no world stars but many good players and strong at home vs a greeks side that already are thinking about game with arch rivals this weekend.HW Waregem vs AC Sparta Prague' Zulte highly overrated after 4-1 away vs pooooor Austria side.Sparta are no longer world beaters but more than good enough for three points tonight Palermo vs Newcastle The visitors without many regulars but Palermo wan`t seria trophe this season so they dont care to much about this uefa cup and probable again play with many reserves.Is Palermo reserves that much better than Newscastle reserves ??? lol Soon is magic value on magpies(If palermo plays with reserves of course) Rangers vs Maccabi Haifa Could be a real cracker.I also believe this is much more open than odds indicate. Ajax vs A. Vienna David vs Goliat Blackburn vs Basel Blackburn are strong at home but Basel have great experience from euro competition in recent years and are no walk overs Tottenham vs FC Brugge Spurs play Chelsea just three days after this game.Whatever the outcome of this game spurs will qualify.Odds for AW is very good but maybe wait for line ups before make your final dec ? Celta Vigo vs E. Frankfurt Celta are strong at home but odds aren`t good enough.Maybe some value on the visitors but not enough Braga vs FK Slovan Liberec Tough game to predict but open it is and no results will suprise

EventPalermo-New Cstle
Selectiondouble chance: new castle or draw
Strength8/10
Date02/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.38 (Back)
ReasoningPalermo is not so strong team to be so big favourite against team as New Cstle.They won few games in a row in İtaly seria A but stil Palermo is not so big to beat teams from England so easy. They won 2-0 over Milan but they had just two chances in all game.Against Fiorinetina won on the same way in last minutes of the game. Both teams have three points in this group.New Cstle won over Fenerbahce at home and Plaermo won in Germany against Frankfurt. Draw is very posible but i will take X2 on New Cstle with 2.38 and i see big value in this odd.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) I don't like Uefa Cup, and since yesteday i hate Champions League too.:wall However i do have 2 bets for today. I know i sad before that i'll take Palermo -1 but insted i'll go for the -3/4, but will wait until a few minutes before the game, to see the line-ups as there have been romours that Palermo will field a wek team. Palermo -3/4 My other bet will be Basel against the Rovers with the same AH just the other way. Rovers are strugling with many key players missing and Basel is not weak, they are "The nuts" in Switzerland and althaough they started the season slwo they are showing form right now. Basel +3/4

EventPalermo-New Cstle
Selectiondouble chance: new castle or draw
Strength8/10
Date02/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.38 (Back)
ReasoningPalermo is not so strong team to be so big favourite against team as New Cstle.They won few games in a row in İtaly seria A but stil Palermo is not so big to beat teams from England so easy. They won 2-0 over Milan but they had just two chances in all game.Against Fiorinetina won on the same way in last minutes of the game. Both teams have three points in this group.New Cstle won over Fenerbahce at home and Plaermo won in Germany against Frankfurt. Draw is very posible but i will take X2 on New Cstle with 2.38 and i see big value in this odd.

What? His crossing i thought would be vital, especially with good quality players like McCarthy/Roberts.
Yeah 'sometimes' his crosses are superb but 75% of them either end up in row G or fail to clear the first man, same with his corner kicks.Shocking most of the time.

Nancy - Wisla Krakow (+0.75 AH) PICK: Wisla Krakov (+0.75 AH) 2.20@10Bet Stake:8/10 Nancy is favourite here for sure,but not as strong as odds suggest,1.45 for HW looks pretty funny.Yes,I know,Wisla is far from the team with Boruc,Zurawski,Frankowski few years ago,but they are still tough nut to crack. Nancy is mediocre French team,and if you look for surprises today,this is the best chance for it...
Boruc never played in Wisla, he was transferred to Celtic from Legia Warsaw. But I still agree with you about this match. :ok

According to my sources Livorno wants to exit the cup now and will field a reserv squad away against Partizan Belgrade. Anyone can confirm this? If so I see great value in 2.1 at Partizan.. :hope
Like Palermos owner(?) said before the match versus West Ham, only 3-0 or so? UEFA Cup can be so much gamble in some cases but there are some good overprices for Newcastle I would definately grab, even though they are the underdogs.

EventTottanham-Club Brugge
Selectionhome win
Strength8/10
Date02/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningLast night Anderlecht lost 1-4 in İtaly and clearly show how strong is belgium jupiter league.Tottanham finally won some games.They have 3-3-4 in premier league and they didnt received a goal in last 4 games what is god news.Tottanham won in first game against Besiktas in istanbul with 2-0 and that was great result.On the another side Brugge drawed 1-1 at home against Leverkusen. Tottanham have a hard games in next games in premier league coz they will play against Chelsea at home and then three games away including cup uefa game against Leverkuses.İ think that Tottanham will try to win here and secure first position in group

EventTottanham-Club Brugge
Selectionhome win
Strength8/10
Date02/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningLast night Anderlecht lost 1-4 in İtaly and clearly show how strong is belgium jupiter league.Tottanham finally won some games.They have 3-3-4 in premier league and they didnt received a goal in last 4 games what is god news.Tottanham won in first game against Besiktas in istanbul with 2-0 and that was great result.On the another side Brugge drawed 1-1 at home against Leverkusen. Tottanham have a hard games in next games in premier league coz they will play against Chelsea at home and then three games away including cup uefa game against Leverkuses.İ think that Tottanham will try to win here and secure first position in group
The best BG goal-scorer Dimitar Berbatov will be back in the starting line up for Tottehnam. The previous game against BSK in Turkey he assisted the first and scored the second goal !

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventMlada Boleslav - Panathinaikos
SelectionMlada Boleslav
Strength10/10
Date02/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 2.30 (Back)
ReasoningMlada is great at home and they showed it against Marseille when they've won 4:2 and advanced to the group stage.In Czech league they also have great home record 5-1-1.Panathinaikos is not so great in UEFA this season and they have match against Olympiakos upcoming weekend.I don't know how they will treat today match but 2.30 on Mlada is enough for me.
Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventPartizan - Livorno
SelectionLivorno
Strength10/10
Date02/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 3.75 (Back)
ReasoningFor me it's nice price for Livorno win.I can't see Partizan as a such big favourite here.Odds should be more equall I think.Maybe something about 2.40 - 2.50 but not 2.00 or even lover.Livorno is not so bad team to be so underestimated here.They have really good team with many experienced players and they are for sure capable of getting all three points against Partizan.Partizan won at home against Maribor and 4:2 against Groningen but let's be honest Maribor is not so great team and Groningen was never great away.So I don't see such a big difference in abilities.Let's hope I'm right.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) i reckon there is some good bets for tonight, thanks for the info on the dinamo game, i didnt know much about that game but i think i will put a few euro on that. I think spurs, ajax-1, palmero are good things, and i think az are worth a shot with grasshoppers got one eye the luzern game especially after the game against basle but have to with on the team news. the nancy game i cant see for love nor money were the goals are gonna come from and the 1.66 available for under 2.5 goals has to be a steal Does anyone else have an opinion on the abve games

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Newcastle team news.......... Stephen Carr, Celestine Babayaro, Scott Parker and Damien Duff are all injured/being "rested". Rossi and Srnicek are ineligible, while Dyer, Ameobi and Martins are sidelined with injuries. Emre and Sibierski both face fitness tests before the squad leave, while Taylor and Butt are also less than 100%. Albert Luque will start up front and several youngsters could make their debuts.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) MLADA BOLESLAV-PANATHINAIKOS I really find this match quite amusing.How can mlada being favourite against pana i dont know.Yes pana have that inportant game this weekend but this is panathinaikos a team with vast euro experience.I am not a fan of them or biased or what but this is quite a value in my opinion. PANATHINAIKOS +0.25 @2.05 BET365 9/10 another match that interest me is most probably the best banker of the day.Already many things have been said about this team so i dont need go into detail. LENS WIN @2.05 BET265 10/10

elensar77 wrote; I dont know very dinamo,but the team game are playing. Beşiktaş out of form Dinamo in form Mate ,Dinamo in form okey,but their league Quality is low... Compare two leagues..Romainian-Turkish..You will see the difference.. Dinamo WON very very easy teams before..Hibernian etc BESİKTAS WONT BE A HİBERNİAN!
Yes Turkish league good league but you know beşiktaş defans,last match baki mercimek and runje very bad perform ı dont know dinamo but beşiktaş isnt good football now,maybe 2,3 week later.İf first half draw second half Beşiktaş maybe win,if first half dinamo 1-0 or 2... match score dinamo won. Kardeş bende Türk'üm ama görünen köy kılavuz meselesi :)

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) I don't see an awful lot of value around and these Uefa cup matches spring many surprises, including the players the manager picks to start, you never know whether clubs ambitions lye elsewhere or whether clubs have squad rotations like silly Rafa. So tonight i will play a few FS bets for a bit of entertainment, which will come in the british matches.. Charlie Adam is my first bet for Rangers. In a rich vein of goalscoring for the lad with 2 in his last 3 (1 of which came as FS) and that was against Livorno away. He could well do that again tonight and at the odds i think it is worth a do! Rangers have shared their goals around the team, with many players dipping in, Boyd obviously is the main man up top, but in a close encounter it's anyones. Charlie Adam @ 12.00 bet365 2pts Next up is 'Jermain man' from spurs, not defoe, but Jenas. Since Carrick's departure Jenas i feel has been the peripheral man in the centre of Tottenham's midfield. He hasn't scored since 14th September when spurs beat spart prague and is overdue a goal. Loves getting into the box and is not afraid to have a pop from outside the area. With Spurs struggling to score on a regualr basis (bar the cup game against MK Dons) i think Jenas has a great chance tonight. Big european game brings out the big performances from the big players, Jenas's turn. Jermaine Jenas @ 13.00 bet365 2pts Last of all is in the Blackburn match. Should be a close game again i feel, basel aint no mugs. Bentley has been a consistant performer for Blackburn and a player who has an eye for the goal. His last goal goes all the way back to last Sunday when he scored a last minute consolation against West Ham. Scorer of the dramatic winner against Wisla Krakow 2 weeks ago, he has enjoyed great success in the goalscoring department in Europe this year, with 2 in 3 games. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the scoresheet agian tonight, let's hope it's first! David Bentley @ 9.00 bet365 2pts :hope

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Tottenham - Brugge Spurs starting to play bettter lately, and we should expect from them to start climbing up the table also and be close to the top places where they belongs in PL. In their first UEFA cup group stage game they won pretty easily with Besiktas away 2:0. Don't see a reason why they whouldn't win at home with Brugge either. I see them as much better team from better league, so homewin shouldn't be in question imo. I'm gona risk a bit though and play Spurs to win with more then one goal, bet365 @2.5. GL~

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) The injured people Federico Agliardi, Ciro Capuano and Aimo Diana and the Brazilian Amauri Carvalho de only Oliveira are the rosanero not to be available for the contest against the Newcastle. Tomorrow evening, therefore, the technician Francisco Guidolin has at his disposition nineteen players. Portieri: Alberto Fontana, Salvatore Sirigu; Defenders: Andrea Barzagli, Pale blue Giuseppe, Cesar Bovo, Mattia Cassani, Paul Hernan Dellafiore, Mark Pisano, Christian Zaccardo; Centrocampisti: Mark Bresciano, Eugene Corini, Roberto Guana, Gianni Munari, Francisco Parravicini, Fabio Henrique Simplicio, German Giovanni; Attacking: Franc Brienza, Andrea Caracciolo, David Di Michele. From the official site of Palermo.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Blackburn - Basel Blackburn hosting Basel from Switzerland in second leg for both teams in UEFA cup group stage. Blackburn won in first game away in Poland with Wisla Cracow 2:1, while Basel played 1:1 at home with Feyenord. Basel this year is not that old Bael from previos years, and now they are just above average in their league. Mainly due to defeats away from home, where they just can't play as they play at their home. But still, lately they started winning in away games also, beating their rival Grasshopers. Blackburn is doing so&so so far in PL. They won 3 pts from first gamae in Poland and will look not to loose this game either. I will try a shot on DRAW in this match. Basel was good in Europe in recent years, and I think despite their bad away record in their league, they are capable to show some good soccer with Blackburn away and grab one point. Pick DRAW, Nordicbet @3.55. GL~

Lay Livorno the easiest profit of the night. Livorno like many Italian sides are non-triers in UEFA cup. Partizan far more pedigree than the unheard of Livorno. Ajax and Spurs win double to complete a profitable night.
You mean like Parma last year and Palermo this year? :eyes Pff. Yes they lost first game but now they will play more serios and try not to loose. I think draw is most probable. Can't see Partizan winning this one over solid Serie A team, but aswell Livorno winning in Belgrade under present conditions...