** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup (Nov 2)

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) In my earlier post I stated Newcaslte were without some key first team players in Martins, Ameobi, Rossi, Parker etc and you have to remember that Given is still out and he is key to their defence. On various sites they are also stating that some Newcastle youngsters are going to be given a start. I seriously can't see beyond a home win here. Palermo are worth putting in a double with another good home team in Ajax (who are playing a struggling Vienna side). Odds are 2.06 on Betfair and I've gone with that for tonight.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2)

Luccareli arrived last night in Belgarde' date=' so he is in team for the game! "The President of Livorno was angry:@ on his team after match against Empoli wich ends with draw! He didn't mean seriosly about that Livorno wants to exit from Uefa League, maybe that is tactic move", from belgrades journalist! Partizan has the worst team in history club, Jovetic who scored 2 goals in 2 games are not in team because he is not licensed for Uefa, than in attack will play Odita and Lazic! This is a game where can win Livorno (for me, he is strongest team than Partizan), on other side it could be a draw ( maybe, the best solution) and on the and Partizan to win ( but I can't see that, Partizan can play and in amateur leauge, half players are older than 34 years) !!!! Partizan Belgrade- Livorno 2 (with no fear,take this) Good Luck to everyone:dude
What drugs are you taking?????

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) I've not read through this thread so I apologise if this has been highlighted, but the AZ 2-0 correct score is value IMO. They've won 3 of their last 8 away games by this scoreline and are favourites for the match against Grasshoppers. If they can score first, there's always the chance that as Grasshoppers look to equalise, the second goal goes in etc. It is currently paying 17s on Betfair, when IMO it should be closer to 12s. Like sgpore, I'm also on the Palermo/Ajax Betfair double.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Rapid will try to be undefeted in Israel.They need the points to stay in the race for the qualifications.They will play ofensively with 3 strikers and i think they could grab a win. hapoel have some problemes in defence and Rapid will try to take advantage from this. Rapid is the better team in my opinion but the game will be dificult. HAPOEL TEL-AVIV : Elimelech – Han, Haliba, Antebi, Páez – Dago, Aboksis, Badir, Vermuth – Tuama, Barda Rezerve: Ben-Shanan – Bondarv, Abutbul, De Bruno, Peretz, Ogbonna, Jolic Absent: - Coach: Itzhak Shum RAPID : D. Coman – Sapunaru, Maftei, Rada – Badoi, Maldarasanu, C. Lazar, Art. Karamian – Buga, V. Moldovan, Zicu Rezerves: Apoula – M. Constantin, N. Constantin, Perja, N. Grigore, Griffiths, Mazilu Absents: R. Stancu (mid), Burdujan (striker) Coach: Razvan Lucescu

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Nancy - Wisla Krakow (+0.75 AH) PICK: Wisla Krakov (+0.75 AH) 2.20@10Bet Stake:8/10 Nancy is favourite here for sure,but not as strong as odds suggest,1.45 for HW looks pretty funny.Yes,I know,Wisla is far from the team with Boruc,Zurawski,Frankowski few years ago,but they are still tough nut to crack. Nancy is mediocre French team,and if you look for surprises today,this is the best chance for it... Zulte Waregem - Sparta Prague PICK: Sparta Prague 2.75@ Stan James Stake:7/10 I can`t understand bookies here.OK,Sparta is far from the team playing significant role in CL few years ago,but still enough strong not to be underrated.Zulte Waregem is mediocre Belgian team and I don`t rate Belgian league better than Czech. For me AW with high-medium stakes! Ajax - Austria Wien PICK: OVER 2.5 1.67@ Stan James Stake:10/10 Clash between two teams in totally different positions.Ajax is simply great this year,leading in Eredivisie trashing their opponents.Austria is reigning champions but now they are fighting to avoid relegation!In the first round Austria were crashed at home vs Zulte Waregem 1:4,so what they can expect on Amsterdam Arena? I`ll tell you,another gol fiesta from Ajax,it`s time for Huntelaar to score... Rangers - Maccabi Haifa PICK: Rangers 1.75@ Betfair Stake:10/10 Yes,I know you`ll say it`s not wise to bet on Rangers nowadays,but I have strong feeling that they will break dissapointing row at Ibrox.Haifa was great against Auxerre in the first round,but Israelian teams are well known as strong home sides and very weak away. I expect here clear HW,I`ve also thouht to back Rangers with handicap,but it`s a little risky,so I decided for straight HW. Palermo - Newcastle PICK: UNDER 2.5 1.75@ Interwetten Stake:10/10 Very nice price here!Palermo was better in UEFA Cup qualifiers than West Ham in two tough games and I think that Newcastle is on the similar level to hammers.Magpies also had two UNDERS with Estonian Levadia,scoring just once in two games!Now they are still struggling upfront,Owen and Ameobi are injured and Martins still looking for his form from Inter Milan. I expect tough game,maybe Palermo with some reserves,and result like 0:0,1:1. Braga - Liberec PICK: Braga 2.32@ Betdaq Stake:7/10 Braga is one of the strongest teams in Portugal.They play very good,although they struggled last weekend at home vs Maritimo.They won Porto at home and now looking for the first win in UEFA Cup. Liberec is nothing special,I watched them against Crvena zvezda-solid team without creative players,strong defence and that`s all. They are a little overrated here,so I took Braga at these odds.

WOW are Partizan that bad?!?!?!
Of course not. There is not a single player in current Partizan team that is 34 yr old or older. There are a lot of youngsters and a few experienced players that have played in Spain , Italy ... Partizan isn`t strong right now as it was in past three years when team played Champions League , and reach best 16 in Uefa Cup , yr later. But , i still see Partizan as a favourite for wining tonight`s game. I found this lineup as possible Livorno starting tonights game . Maybe some members from Italy can help as , and tell as if these guys are regulars or reserves : Amelia Marco 1 Pfertzel Marc 7 Grandoni Alessandro 77 Kuffour Samuel Osei 14 Galante Fabio 6 Pasquale Giovanni 26 Filippini Antonio 3 Morrone Stefano 4 Vidigal Josè Luis 8 Bakayoko Ibrahima 20 Lucarelli Cristiano 9

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) For me best bet: D.Bukurest - Besiktas HW 7/10 Palermo - Newcastle HW 6/10 Palermo: Goalkeepers: Alberto Fontana, Salvatore Sirigu; Defenders: Andrea Barzagli, Giuseppe Biava, Cesare Bovo, Mattia Cassani, Paolo Hernan Dellafiore, Marco Pisano, Cristian Zaccardo; Mitfielders: Mark Bresciano, Eugenio Corini, Roberto Guana, Gianni Munari, Francesco Parravicini, Fabio Henrique Simplicio, Giovanni Tedesco; Attackers: Franco Brienza, Andrea Caracciolo, David Di Michele. Injuries: Agliardi, Capuano e Diana Absent: Carvalho De Oliveira AMAURI Braga - Liberec under 2.5 8/10 Estádio Municipal de Braga 20h30 | Sportv2 Robert Styles [inglaterra] Philip Sharp + David Bryan Braga Treinador Carlos Carvalhal 1 |Paulo Santos GR 20 |Luís Filipe LD 22 |Irineu DC 5 |Nem DC 2 |Pedro Costa LE 23 |Madrid MD 88 |Vandinho MO 21 |Ricardo Chaves MO 19 |Maciel AD 11 |Cesinha AE 29 |Marcel AV - 12 |Dani Mallo GR 8 |Paíto LE 4 |Maurício DC 17 |Frechaut MD 10 |João Pinto MO 87 |Bruno Gama AD 99 |Matheus AE Slovan Liberec treinador Vitezlav Lavicka 24 | Marek Cech GR 19 | Singlar LD 5 | Zapotocny DC 14 | Kostal DC 17 | Janú LE 23 | Papousek MD 7 | Bilek MD 10 | Hodur AD 26 | Pudil AE 29 | Holenda AV 11 | Pospech AV - 1 | Hauzr GR 2 | Matula DC 13 | Polak DC 12 | Hochmeister MD 9 | Ancic MO 15 | Parks AV 22 | Sales AV Info: Livorno squad: Amelia Marco - Pfertzel Marc , Grandoni Alessandro, Kuffour Samuel Osei, Galante Fabio - Pasquale Giovanni, Filippini Antonio, Morrone Stefano, Vidigal Josè Luis - Bakayoko Ibrahima, Lucarelli Cristiano Manitta Emanuele, Argilli Stefano, Danilevicius Tomas, Balleri David, Passoni Dario, Vigiani Luca, Paulinho

Of course not. There is not a single player in current Partizan team that is 34 yr old or older. There are a lot of youngsters and a few experienced players that have played in Spain , Italy ... Partizan isn`t strong right now as it was in past three years when team played Champions League , and reach best 16 in Uefa Cup , yr later. But , i still see Partizan as a favourite for wining tonight`s game. I found this lineup as possible Livorno starting tonights game . Maybe some members from Italy can help as , and tell as if these guys are regulars or reserves : Amelia Marco 1 Pfertzel Marc 7 Grandoni Alessandro 77 Kuffour Samuel Osei 14 Galante Fabio 6 Pasquale Giovanni 26 Filippini Antonio 3 Morrone Stefano 4 Vidigal Josè Luis 8 Bakayoko Ibrahima 20 Lucarelli Cristiano 9
This line up isnt full squad, but some regular players begin on bench.

You can't imagine that. Partizan is to bad even for serbian league. @3.84 on Livorno is the biggest mistake of the bookies this year. This is 2in1 gift - for Christmas and New Year so my stake 20/10
I agree with You :dudeNo problem for Livorno

This line up isnt full squad' date=' but some regular players begin on bench.
we can consider this as a livorno full squad alll the players of this starting-line up are regulars there are no youngsters and no reserves you can see it here: in the fourth column you can read the mins played for every player

0 0 0 0 0
1 Amelia Marco Por 9 0 862 8 1 0 0 0 107,8
2 Fanucci Stefano Dif 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 Filippini Antonio Cen 9 1 780 1 3 0 0 0 780
4 Morrone Stefano Cen 9 0 781 0 1 0 0 0 0
5 Argilli Stefano Dif 2 1 82 0 0 0 0 0 0
6 Galante Fabio Dif 7 0 583 0 0 0 0 0 0
7 Pfertzel Marc Dif 8 0 705 0 1 0 0 0 0
8 Vidigal Josè Luis Cen 3 0 211 0 0 0 0 0 0
11 Vigiani Luca Cen 6 2 435 0 0 0 0 0 0
14 Kuffour Samuel Osei Dif 5 0 479 0 1 0 0 0 0
15 Knezevic Dario Dif 1 0 95 0 0 0 0 0 0
16 Giallombardo Andrea Dif 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
17 Casini Niccolò Por 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
18 Rezaei Rahman Dif 5 1 432 0 0 0 0 0 0
20 Bakayoko Ibrahima Att 7 3 481 1 1 0 0 0 481
21 Paulinho Att 2 1 79 0 0 0 0 0 0
23 Manitta Emanuele Por 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
26 Pasquale Giovanni Dif 6 3 454 0 3 1 0 0 0
28 Passoni Dario Cen 6 1 554 0 2 0 0 0 0
29 Cesar Prates Luis Dif 3 0 156 0 1 0 0 0 0
32 Pavan Simone Dif 2 0 51 0 0 0 0 0 0
69 Balleri David Dif 7 4 556 0 3 0 0 0 0
77 Grandoni Alessandro Dif 8 0 767 0 2 0 0 0 0
78 Danilevicius Tomas Att 7 3 408 3 1 0 1 1 136
99 Lucarelli Cristiano Att 8 1 531

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Hi everybody Here are some news on the UK Teams : Rangers manager says: "I think our game against Livorno can help us to be more confident. We know we must win at least one more game and we have a good opportunity tomorrow evening, even though we know they are a good team. "I have looked at the statistics and know that, if we win this game, we will have almost qualified," Le Guen added, "but there is hard work to do." Blackburn Rovers news: Brett Emerton is also ruled out tonight with a hamstring strain while Morten Gamst Pedersen (ankle) and Shabani Nonda (shin) were doubtful yesterday. On the plus side, influential midfielder Robbie Savage could be available. But Hughes said: "We have a decent squad and I am not worried about three defeats in a row. I have been reasonably pleased by the performances, apart from the first half of the West Ham game. We should have beaten Bolton and we did fine against Chelsea." Tottenham news: Manager Jol's side play three times in six days - facing Premiership champions Chelsea on Sunday then Port Vale in the Carling Cup - but the Dutch coach is intent on providing value for money for those who attend. I hope this helpful info , i will be waiting for the team squad aslo and will give any valueable info

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) As previously mentioned Blackburn are starting to get a thin for first team players. The defeat to West Ham showed that we are still missing key players. According to the BBC website this who we have for tonights match. Blackburn (from): Friedel, Only an injury will force Brad out, solid as a rock but needs protection from the back 4. Brown, GK see above Enckelman, GK see above Neill, Solid as a rock good tackler Khizanishvilli, Prone to mistakes Oojer, Very Prone to mistakes Todd, Reportdley wants to leave and not been in the first team for quite some time. Gray, Getting better every game McEveley, Came back from loan with injury, still not 100% match fit prone to mistakes Bentley, Brilliant(when he wants to be) Tugay, GOD!!! Mokoena, Hard to see him play the full 90 mins may come on as sub if we are drawing with 15 mins to go. Savage, Needs help from Tugay,might be back after knee prob's Peter, Brilliant but not 1st choice -needs games Pedersen, Shite..Needs dropping Nonda, Not quite up to the prem pace yet McCarthy, Brilliant when he gets the service Jeffers, Super sub who wont do much but runs around a lot. Gallagher. Super sub better than jeffers but not in Bennis class. We are missing Nelson big style as to Emerton and Reid. Im not full of confidence therefore I think that Basle's European experience will get them through this. Reportedly also there's going to be a lot of empty seats which might just suit the away team. Basle Draw No Bet on >Bet365 4.00

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Grasshoppers - AZ The coach of Grassh is the BG exinternational and Stutgart ex-player Krasimir Balakov - his thoughts on the game are : "I want my team to play more significant role in the group comapred to the previous year.The most important for us is to get experience from this tournament and if we can also win, it will be great. The main goal in front of my players is 3rd place in the group right behind AZ and Sevilla" The previous year in UEFA Cup AZ - Grasshop 1-0! So i suppose this could very tactical game for Grasshop as the manager is respected from AZ ! So do not exclude the draw in the game as a final result.

Hi everybody Here are some news on the the English Teams : Newcastle manager says: "I think our game against Livorno can help us to be more confident. We know we must win at least one more game and we have a good opportunity tomorrow evening, even though we know they are a good team. "I have looked at the statistics and know that, if we win this game, we will have almost qualified," Le Guen added, "but there is hard work to do."
this must be preview for some friendly match in the future...as i know Le Guen is still manager of Rangers and Newcastle is playing Palermo. no offence, pls edit this.. before it confuses others

Important game for Dinamo in Europe this season.Tee home team are in great form having 13/13 wins in championship. They want to confirm in Europe that they are a team who will count in Europe.THe good news for Dinamo is that they dont have any absents for today. One incident ruined the atmosfere at Dinamo , Ganea has some rebel atitude and said that Dinamo want to give him to another team in winter so Marius Nicolae will come.This is a small incident and i am sure that Dinamo will pass over this .Dinamo is prepared to win this and to make an important step to go further in UEFA. On the other hand Beskitas is coming at Bucharest to win some points after they have been criticised by fans and by press. They will play ofensive and they are in good mood for the game. THe coach ,Tigana has an unsecure position at the club this moment. All in all i belive that Dinamo will win this game being in great form and willing to prove they could make performance in Europe. The stadium will be full and will suport the red dogs. DINAMO: Gaev – Blay, Moti, St. Radu, Pulhac – Ze Kalanga, Margaritescu, Tames, C. Munteanu – Danciulescu, Cl. Niculescu Rezerves: Matache – Mihut, Pascovici, D. Serban, Ad. Cristea, Ropotan, I. Ganea Absents: - Coach: Mircea Rednic BESIKTAS : Echipa de start: Runje – Serdar, Mehmet Sedef, Gökhan Zan, Ibrahim Üzülmez – Burak, Fahri, Ibrahim Toraman, Ibrahim Akin – Delgado, Ricardinho. Rezerves: Murat – M. Dogan, Gökhan Güleç, Deivson, Ali Tandogan, Baki, Koray Absents: Ali Güneş (def), Kleberson (mid), Márcio Nobre (str) Coach: Jean-Amadou Tigana PICK: DINAMO (-1,5) 3,20@gamebookers 8/10 GL!
Good formation for beşiktaş but there isnt te forward. Ricardinho and Delgado playmaker,ibrahim Akın maybe will play forward but he is first place middlfield because he is left foot and play left or right maybe the forward back,but tonight play forward he is to gain speed,ı think tigana play counter attack because delgado and ricardinho class player and ibrahim akın speed player. But defender very very bad,ı think beşiktaş defenc Turkish team in turkey very bad.Only Gokhan zan good player and national defender but mehmet sedef young player,ibrahim üzülmez unstable,ibrahim toraman national player but he is out of form. Middlfield Burak,Fahri inexperienced player Burak 20 years old. he is first place forward but played middlfield maybe near right AND and Goalkeeper Runje. Very very bad goalkeeper he is doing mistake a lot of all match,dinamo lucky :) I dont know very dinamo,but the team game are playing. Beşiktaş out of form Dinamo in form I think Dinamo can earn this match. 06/10 Dinamo Win 1,75 05/10 Under 2,5 1,60 02/10 correct to score: 1-0 5,50 01/10 correct to score: 2-0 6,50 Good Luck.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) I wasn't going to post on this one as I know my heart will always rule my had but I feel Rangers will win tonight's match. It will be tight but I cannot see them losing it. The style of football they are playing at the moment is more suited to the European stage. In the SPL there is no time and space but in Tuscany we saw that when they get that they can play some very good football. Rangers have not been doing well in the SPL but in Europe they have lost only 1 of their last 13 games. That was the 1-0 defeat away to Inter last season. Only 4 of those games have been wins though- Anorthosis (2-1a), Anorthisis (2-0h) Porto (3-2h), Molde(2-0h) and Livorno(3-2a). At present they are on an unbeaten run of 9 games and will be looking to make it 10 tonight. It's also worth noting that this decade Rangers have only lost 3 games out of the 26 matches at Ibrox in Europe- Man U (0-1h), Panathanikos (1-3h) and Auxerre (0-2h). The latter two happened in final group games that they had to get a draw from. Tonight that pressure is not on. I don't know enough about Maccabi Haifa to say Rangers will definitely win this one and when I saw them against Liverpool they looked a very capable side. I just don't see Rangers losing this game though and would have to edge towards a home win. It would be fair to say that Le Guen's experience is better suited to this match at the moment than the SPL. Clement and Bardsley are back for Rangers. They were included in the weekend squad but did not feature. Rangers are still without Sionko, Burke and Martin which leaves them limited options on both wings. Rangers are also without Sasa Papac as he is cup tied. I'd imagine they will go 4-3-3 like they did against Livorno. I think the team will look like the following but alot will depend on whether Prso plays over Novo, Bardlsey plays over Hutton and whether Clement comes in for Adam: uefagsm2_team_pre.jpg

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) elensar77 wrote; I dont know very dinamo,but the team game are playing. Beşiktaş out of form Dinamo in form Mate ,Dinamo in form okey,but their league Quality is low... Compare two leagues..Romainian-Turkish..You will see the difference.. Dinamo WON very very easy teams before..Hibernian etc BESİKTAS WONT BE A HİBERNİAN!

elensar77 wrote; I dont know very dinamo,but the team game are playing. Beşiktaş out of form Dinamo in form Mate ,Dinamo in form okey,but their league Quality is low... Compare two leagues..Romainian-Turkish..You will see the difference.. Dinamo WON very very easy teams before..Hibernian etc BESİKTAS WONT BE A HİBERNİAN!
Get a grip with your turkish football league. Each other a pretty poor. But the big teams remain on the same level. Dinamo and Besiktas are on the same level. The difference now is that Diinamo are on a good run and Besiktas not! Got it?

Get a grip with your turkish football league. Each other a pretty poor. But the big teams remain on the same level. Dinamo and Besiktas are on the same level. The difference now is that Diinamo are on a good run and Besiktas not! Got it?
We have Stars (Kezman-Appiah-Alex-Ricardinho-Delgado-Marcelinho and others) You have stars too(Moldovan-Ganea-Niculescu-Zicu-Dica and others)

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Besiktas isnt that bad,you can see it today,i dont think it is an easy match for dinamo,besiktas have ricco,delgado and some young and national team players..Dinamo is in form but that is europish cup,league form isnt important,look rangers they won in italy,look copenhagen how can they win manu? besiktas is a team with a strong defence,and experrience players like delgado,ricco,toraman,zan,... Besiktas can get a draw or win,we can see it today.. GL..

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Besiktas are in bad form( ?! Really. They are 3 points behind the leader in TSL) Their defence is poor. ( You sure? They conceded only 9 goals in TSL) Their squad is poor.( Which players? Delgado? Ricardinho? Kleberson? ( He is fit now but whether he plays is up to Tigana)) Everyone agrees that Dinamo will win easily tonight. I don't think it will be so easy. Besiktas are not that bad (I have to admit this truth despite the fact that I do not like them much ). They have not been playing well for a couple of weeks, that's true but they desperately need a win to fix things. Of course Dinamo are favourite tonight but not as big favourite as everyone thinks.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) ZULTE WAREGEM v SPARTA PRAHA

UEFA’s preview calls the players of Zulte Waregem the “miracle men”. As a matter of fact the Belgian team surprised us by winning in Vienna against Austria Vienna. Actually, a lost of Austria should never be a surprise, above all this year. It might have been an error to underestimate the Belgian team, but it might be a bigger error to underestimate the Czech team. Sparta lost the first game at home to Espanyol (0-2). Last year Zulte Waregem obtained the 6th position of the Jupiler League but this season they are only 16th (2-3-5 in the first 10 games) while Sparta is still one of the best teams in Czech Republic. Pick: Sparta Praha (AH), odds: 1.72, bookmaker: Gamebookers, stake: 10/10