** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup (Nov 2)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Some news for those thinking about backing Palermo: Obafemi Martins, Shola Ameobi and Giuseppe Rossi are all ruled out due to hamstring tweak, hip injury and ineligible to play in Europe (due to loan agreement) respectively. Scott Parker is also on the treatment table and Roeder has left Damien Duff, Stephen Carr and Celestine Babayaro back in Newcastle. Newcastle are woeful this season and none of the above are going to help pick up their season tomorrow night in a difficult away tie.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Having a poor week so far and see thursdays fixtures as a great opportunity to gt out of jail Need views on the Spurs match, how gd are Brugge and what sort of line up are Spurs about to play with the Chelsea lurking around the corner??

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2)

Palermo is very strong at home. They beat many jiants in their field. Y no1 is thinking about Nancy(-0.75) ?? I think Nancy will cover the AH(-0.75) easily.
Hei Bobzombie.. Just wanted some help.. I see that you cant receive private messages.. Is that something you get in in your own message list on this Site, if it is, i have been trying to open it, but i cant get it to work..!? Is there any chance you can help?? Top-Cruiser

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Will Palermo be playing full team today ? I'm certainly thinking Palermo will win this.But I'm afraid they have been heavily backed and as we know sometimes team that was heavily backed not always a good sign. Anyway to the technical side, Palermo definetely have the edge over Newcastle attackless side with so many of their players are injured. However, it would be dearly appreciated if any1 of you guys have any info about Palermo line-up. Also, they still have Luque who have been underperforming since his injury rampaged career and today he will play and start. Moreover, losing Duff, Parker, Amoebi isn't end of the world for Newcastle imo. They have N'Zogbia, Butt, Emre still which is decent and if Palermo were to play with second string I think Newcastle boys might be able to get something here. We shouldn't compare West Ham and Newcastle also imo. West Ham played with high expectation last time whereas I think for Newcastle with the amount of players missing, I think for Roeder and co this is a game that they have less pressure and maybe it could produce a reinvigorating display for them since they aren't playing under any burden of pressure. Anyway this is the squad that travels and quoted from BBC Sport :

Newcastle (from): Harper, Krul, Given, Foster, Bernard, Ramage, Moore, Bramble, Taylor, Huntington, Butt, Emre, Solano, N'Zogbia, Milner, Pattison, O'Brien, Troisi, Luque, Sibierski, Carroll.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Lens - Osasuna S.Bukarest - Besiktas Celta V - Frankfurt Lens are strong at home 4-2-0 8-2 in the leauge.. Osasuna has 7 games in a row with out victory.. find this odds playable.. 10/10 Lens 2.20 Steua is scoring goals like no one els. The are a strong team and plays some good soccer. I see this game go to the home side. Besiktas are not that good away and have lost to teams from Rumania before 10/10 S.Bukarest 1.87 "Der Remis Kønig" thats what there are called in Germany.. The draw team.. 1-7-1 in leauge. Frankfurt are no that much a underdog as the odds says. Celta will be alright with the draw. Celta with out Lopez, their best creative player.. 3.65 8/10 Draw

Steua is scoring goals like no one els. The are a strong team and plays some good soccer. I see this game go to the home side. Besiktas are not that good away and have lost to teams from Rumania before 10/10 S.Bukarest 1.87
This is Dinamo Bucarest, not Steua :ok

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Looks like Palermo will be mainly regulars, but we will know for sure only before kick off. This is autotranslated from Palermo web site: Guidolin: “I reserve myself to choose until last who will play tomorrow” “I tomorrow hope evening against the Newcastle that Palermo, for spirit and ability, can be approached the square seen to Frankfurt”. The rosanero technician, Francisco Guidolin, answer therefore to who ask to it that Palermo will be what tomorrow evening will face the English formation. “Therefore as I have always made when we play every three days, also in this occasion I reserve myself to take to me all the time on hand in order ponderare well the choices. It is obvious however that there will be some variations. The Newcastle is a best square, a society of great traditions, and also with some defection compages are one much fort”.

i agree dinamo bucharest is bet of the nite, 1.91 ill be lobbin on it palermo blackburn herenveen treble for me on Thursday nite
Be-careful regarding Blackburn personally I'd be looking into laying Blackburn. Although we are at home our squad is getting very depleted very quickly. When we first qualified for Europe my main concern was 'we haven't got the depth of squad to play 2 matches per week' We are due to face UTD at the weekend and I'm not full of confidence about us for tonight, from what I know Basle are no mugs either. I'll look into it a little more but I tempted to have a nibble on the away on the Draw no bet market.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Ajax -1 goal ( 8/13 )v Austria Vienna Palermo ( 8/13 ) v Newcastle Looks like a solid win double for me with Bet 365 and will carry my main wedge. Ajax will play a strong side and the manager has stated he would like to be assured of qualifying after two games. Vienna are very poor this year and this must rate a fantastic chance for Ajax to get one of those wins. Palermo/Newcastle game has already been widely covered. Roeder has shown his hand by leaving players behind, no doubt knowing another home win in this comp will be enough to see them through. Palermo,with a win already, see this as a great chance to assure qualification and allow the coach to rest some players in later fixtures. Will have a small perm ( sixfolds & accum ) and throw the following in:- Nancy ( 1/2 ) Partizan - DNB ( 8/15 ) Dinamo - DNB ( 1/3 ) Lens - DNB ( 4/9 ) Sparta +1 goal ( 1/2 ) good luck to all

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Guys, since the new format of Champions League all great teams are looking only to this competition. UEFA cup is not something important for them. Teams like Livorno, Newcastle, AZ, Eintraht and many more are not very interested in UEFA cup and are more concentrated in championship matches! And regarding Palermo - NEwcastle, let me put it this way: it is italians against english. Remember the atmosphere and the incidents when english teams plaied in Rome, Palermo and many others? Do you really think Palermo with any players on that field would not win against Newcastle? And the fans in this game will not gonna be the 12 player - they will be the 1st player! Palermo - home win for me!

This is Dinamo Bucarest' date=' not Steua :ok[/quote'] :lol :lol :lol whatever there looks like huge value for home side.and as everbody knows that bjk's in a deep shite.especially romanian teams always plays very well at home.and imo there will be same scenario.just 1 bet for me tonite and it will be Dinamo For iuli: suntem peste tot acasa:lol

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Totenham - Club Brugge (+1) : Brugge can't make it against a good premier league team which is on a good form and have great players upfront. I don't have injury news but if Lennon plays that's more than enough. 2.01 (pointbet) Blackburn - Basel (+0.75) : Blackburn can win here but they just don't give me much confidence about scoring goals. After all this is an UEFA cup match. I pick Basel to take a point here. 1.96 (pinnacle Lens - Osasuna (0.25) : I trusted Osasuna in the weekend but that was the last time for me until they start getting good results like last year. A good french side could take three points here. 1.86 (pinnacle) Palermo - Newcastle (0.75) : Although the line's a bit huge, it's no doubt that Palermo who are playing great and getting great results are gonna beat Newcastle who has a hard time even against fenerbahce. 1.92 (pinnacle) Celta Vigo - Frankfurt (0.75) : Celta are getting great results in the league but they have been scoring some lucky goals and they can struggle against a stubborn German side who were unbeaten for 6-7 games in the league till Bayern game. 1.94 (pinnacle) Nancy - Wisla Krakow (0.75) : I haven't heard both of these teams having a great success in Europe so my pick is a french team could beat a polish team at home. 1.77 (gamebookers). The line will move to -1 I think so be careful with traps. Rangers - Maccabi Haifa (0.75) : Rangers surprised us all against Livorno but I think this time they could struggle at home. Maccabi could do some hard defense to earn 1 point and could be dangerous on countres. 1.99(pinnacle) Ajax - Austria Wien (1.75) : I trust Huntelaar and his friends to do the job against out-of-form Wien side. Go Huntelaar score some goals. The line could go to -2 here. 1.77 (pointbet) 5 stakes. GL :hope

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Luccareli arrived last night in Belgarde, so he is in team for the game! "The President of Livorno was angry:@ on his team after match against Empoli wich ends with draw! He didn't mean seriosly about that Livorno wants to exit from Uefa League, maybe that is tactic move", from belgrades journalist! Partizan has the worst team in history club, Jovetic who scored 2 goals in 2 games are not in team because he is not licensed for Uefa, than in attack will play Odita and Lazic! This is a game where can win Livorno (for me, he is strongest team than Partizan), on other side it could be a draw ( maybe, the best solution) and on the and Partizan to win ( but I can't see that, Partizan can play and in amateur leauge, half players are older than 34 years) !!!! Partizan Belgrade- Livorno 2 (with no fear,take this) Good Luck to everyone:dude

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) not really betting news but I was impressed by this headline VIENNA FEAR AJAX TRIP Ajax kick off their UEFA Cup Group F campaign with a home match against disappointed Austria Vienna. (More) can a football side be disappointed, disappointing maybe but does a football team feel emotion? Anyway Palermo and Partizan look good home value. the rhyming guide to the uefa cup at the blaggers guide to football http://goalissimo.blogspot.com.

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Newcastle @5.50-6.00 Ridiculous price, even with all those missings. Cant argue with those who had ~1.9 for Palermo few days ago, but at the moment (Interwetten's 1.75 as highest price) offers for this match look ridiculous really. Palermo are strong side indeed, but I dont think this will be so easy as it looks like. One more thing. Palermo are having good season in Serie A, but have in mind that Italian championship is not even close to the level it used to be in last few seasons. There is no Juventus at the moment, Milan are much weaker than before, etc, etc, so Palermo's table position doesnt say much to me to be honest. Newcastle for me - I really cant resist this one.:loon

Re: UEFA Cup (Nov 2) Important game for Dinamo in Europe this season.Tee home team are in great form having 13/13 wins in championship. They want to confirm in Europe that they are a team who will count in Europe.THe good news for Dinamo is that they dont have any absents for today. One incident ruined the atmosfere at Dinamo , Ganea has some rebel atitude and said that Dinamo want to give him to another team in winter so Marius Nicolae will come.This is a small incident and i am sure that Dinamo will pass over this .Dinamo is prepared to win this and to make an important step to go further in UEFA. On the other hand Beskitas is coming at Bucharest to win some points after they have been criticised by fans and by press. They will play ofensive and they are in good mood for the game. THe coach ,Tigana has an unsecure position at the club this moment. All in all i belive that Dinamo will win this game being in great form and willing to prove they could make performance in Europe. The stadium will be full and will suport the red dogs. DINAMO: Gaev – Blay, Moti, St. Radu, Pulhac – Ze Kalanga, Margaritescu, Tames, C. Munteanu – Danciulescu, Cl. Niculescu Rezerves: Matache – Mihut, Pascovici, D. Serban, Ad. Cristea, Ropotan, I. Ganea Absents: - Coach: Mircea Rednic BESIKTAS : Echipa de start: Runje – Serdar, Mehmet Sedef, Gökhan Zan, Ibrahim Ãœzülmez – Burak, Fahri, Ibrahim Toraman, Ibrahim Akin – Delgado, Ricardinho. Rezerves: Murat – M. Dogan, Gökhan Güleç, Deivson, Ali Tandogan, Baki, Koray Absents: Ali Güneş (def), Kleberson (mid), Márcio Nobre (str) Coach: Jean-Amadou Tigana PICK: DINAMO (-1,5) 3,20@gamebookers 8/10 GL!

Newcastle @5.50-6.00 Ridiculous price, even with all those missings. Cant argue with those who had ~1.9 for Palermo few days ago, but at the moment (Interwetten's 1.75 as highest price) offers for this match look ridiculous really. Palermo are strong side indeed, but I dont think this will be so easy as it looks like. One more thing. Palermo are having good season in Serie A, but have in mind that Italian championship is not even close to the level it used to be in last few seasons. There is no Juventus at the moment, Milan are much weaker than before, etc, etc, so Palermo's table position doesnt say much to me to be honest. Newcastle for me - I really cant resist this one.:loon
GL Djordje! But i still believe that will be a home win :drums

Important game for Dinamo in Europe this season.Tee home team are in great form having 13/13 wins in championship. They want to confirm in Europe that they are a team who will count in Europe.THe good news for Dinamo is that they dont have any absents for today. One incident ruined the atmosfere at Dinamo , Ganea has some rebel atitude and said that Dinamo want to give him to another team in winter so Marius Nicolae will come.This is a small incident and i am sure that Dinamo will pass over this .Dinamo is prepared to win this and to make an important step to go further in UEFA. On the other hand Beskitas is coming at Bucharest to win some points after they have been criticised by fans and by press. They will play ofensive and they are in good mood for the game. THe coach ,Tigana has an unsecure position at the club this moment. All in all i belive that Dinamo will win this game being in great form and willing to prove they could make performance in Europe. The stadium will be full and will suport the red dogs. DINAMO: Gaev – Blay, Moti, St. Radu, Pulhac – Ze Kalanga, Margaritescu, Tames, C. Munteanu – Danciulescu, Cl. Niculescu Rezerves: Matache – Mihut, Pascovici, D. Serban, Ad. Cristea, Ropotan, I. Ganea Absents: - Coach: Mircea Rednic BESIKTAS : Echipa de start: Runje – Serdar, Mehmet Sedef, Gökhan Zan, Ibrahim Ãœzülmez – Burak, Fahri, Ibrahim Toraman, Ibrahim Akin – Delgado, Ricardinho. Rezerves: Murat – M. Dogan, Gökhan Güleç, Deivson, Ali Tandogan, Baki, Koray Absents: Ali Güneş (def), Kleberson (mid), Márcio Nobre (str) Coach: Jean-Amadou Tigana PICK: DINAMO (-1,5) 3,20@gamebookers 8/10 GL!
:welcome hanniball23! GL ! i'm on Dinamo too!