** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Omaha - up against a LAAG

robilaruk

I have notes against him - basically LAAG raising any Ace, any pair, any broadway draw etc - and calls raise and reirase in front of him with A10xx (rainbow) for $15 PF....... in other words a potential womble so whats my play? do I reraise PF, or call to see a flop? he reraise was instant - like he had the 'raise pot' option already ticked which made me a bit twitchy Damo Hand #446708757 at table: Table OH 41 Started: Wed Oct 25 21:36:23 2006 djlaz is at seat 1 with 9.50 JAREEMA is at seat 2 with 29.00 hepe13 is at seat 3 with 46.75 retroboy is at seat 4 with 10.05 kossu1966 is at seat 5 with 36.65 Otso is at seat 6 with 50.20 robilaruk is at seat 7 with 44.79 .Negreanu. is at seat 8 with 79.59 lepkeke is at seat 9 with 20.39 Permik is at seat 10 with 9.05 retroboy posts the large blind 0.50 hepe13 posts the small blind 0.25 hepe13: --, --, --, -- retroboy: --, --, --, -- kossu1966: --, --, --, -- Otso: --, --, --, -- robilaruk: Js, Kd, Ks, Ah .Negreanu.: --, --, --, -- lepkeke: --, --, --, -- Permik: --, --, --, -- djlaz: --, --, --, -- JAREEMA: --, --, --, -- Pre-flop: kossu1966: Fold Otso: Fold robilaruk: Raise 2.25 .Negreanu.: Raise 8.00 lepkeke: Fold Permik: Fold djlaz: Fold JAREEMA: Fold hepe13: Fold retroboy: Fold robilaruk: Call 8.00 Flop (Board: 8h, Ad, 2s): robilaruk: Check .Negreanu.: Bet 17.25

Re: Omaha - up against a LAAG Pre-flop it's tough as you have no low hand but given your notes, I'd call. **** Just looked at the flop. You're not going to win any low pot so you're down there. For the high, the best he can have is AA or A2, in which case you're beaten; but your notes indicate that he'll act strongly with any A and you have top pair/top kicker. I'd say re-raise after the flop.

Re: Omaha - up against a LAAG

Paulie - it's straight Omaha, I think, not HL. I'd probably call but suck at straight Omaha... still, 2nd best pair, and a few straight draws can't be bad if he's LAAG.
Oops..you're probably right. In that case..hoops! Push baby, push hard

Re: Omaha - up against a LAAG i think i would double his bet . you probably have top pair as you already know where 1 ace is;) , plus you have good straight and flush potential . if he's been playing like a fish and useing the auto buttons for anything other than folding then its probably best to batter him:spank as it looks like he'll call with anything;)