** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup matches - Thu 19th Oct

Tulenos

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 19th Oct from uefa.com • The two teams have never met before in European competition. • Wisła boast a wealth of experience having made 74 appearances in European competition, winning 34, drawing 16 and losing 24. • However, they are yet to tackle English opposition in any of those matches and will be eager to make a positive start against Blackburn. • The Lancashire team have not enjoyed many happy times in European competition since making their first appearance in the 1994/95 UEFA Cup, going down to a 3-2 aggregate defeat by Trelleborgs IF of Sweden. • Of their 18 European games to date, Blackburn have won just two, drawing seven and losing nine. They beat Rosenborg BK 4-1 in the final game of their only UEFA Champions League group stage campaign in 1995/96, while a 2-0 win against FC Salzburg earned them the 4-2 aggregate win that put them through to this season's UEFA Cup group stage. • The Ewood Park side have met Polish opponents twice, taking on Wisła's arch-rivals Legia Warszawa twice in their ill-fated 1995/96 UEFA Champions League campaign. Polish international Jerzy Podbrozny scored the only goal in Warsaw in a 1-0 win for Legia before the sides drew 0-0 in the rematch in Blackburn.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 19th Oct

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLivorno vs Rangers
SelectionLivorno
Strength10/10
Date19/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningIn my opinion, 4/5 about Livorno defeating Rangers tonight seems a very fair price. Rangers are in terrible form at the moment and the morale in the team and support is dreadful. Livorno meanwhile, lie a respectable 6th in Serie A and haven't been beaten since an opening day defeat by Roma. They warmed up for this at the weekend with a 2-0 away win to Ascoli whereas Rangers were beaten 1-0 at home by Caley thistle. As much as I would like to see Rangers do well here, it has a home win written all over it.

9 players listed' date=' how many would be considered first team regulars?[/quote'] Parma is likely to rest most of their striking force against us (OB) tonight as they have a crucial league game on Sudnay at home to Ascoli, which is basically a must-win followng the 0-3 defeat away to Udinese last week. Important to bear in mind, though that this was much the same story last year and the year before in the UEFA Cup, where the Parma reserves actually did very well, so this will by no means be a simple walk-over for us. The italians will base their play in a rock-solid defense, and as we are without any real strikers for tonights game (Christensen and likely Lekic are out with injury and Absalonsen is not eligible), so OB will play Timm up front, who is far better used in midfield, and rely on Grahn from midield to produce the creative stuff... In other words two teams, both with great defensive capabilities, but not much fire-power up front - how can this match NOT go under 2.5 goals... 0-0 is even very likely in my book... OB are impossible to score against and unbeaten in 15 games now (including matches against Hertha Berlin (home and away), Brøndby, FC Copenhagen, and AaB - all top-tier teams from the Danish league= - and they are at home. Parmas specialty is to kill matches from a very defensive standpoint. Yes, they play a few reserves, but even the Italian reserves have some kind of skill, as the Italian league is miles ahead of the Danish one. OB are probably rightly small favourites, but prediction would have to be under 2.5, maybe even under 1.5 if thats available anywhere.... Good luck to you all, Cheers, Hondje

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 19th Oct Just another thank you to all that share your expertise. I have made a good deal of money from gauging the thoughts of you all. If any of you like to wager on the NHL, I'm going to be putting some games out in the other room. Maybe I can give you all a few winners as well. Sincerely, Rook

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 19th Oct For me it will be two bets today: Panathinaikos - H Tel Aviv 1 @ 1.71 betfair (In play) (90% chance winning - if laid after fist gaol at betfair) AZ Alkmaar - Braga 1 @ 1.62 betfair (80% of winning - end result. This game is not in play) Sevilla is really tempting but this time no bet This game is also "in play" at betfair and if statistics from the ongoing game are right maybe laying Slovan Liberec could be considered. Good luck to you all :hope

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 19th Oct Rapid Bucharest @ 2.5 Livorno @ 1.85 Both to win, for reasons previously stated. I was amazed to see Livorno @ 5/6 against a really out of sorts Rangers sid ethat were a bit lucky to even get through due to their away performance against Molde. Rapid is a team i always like, same with Steaua, Romanian teams play god football especially at home and PSG are such an enigma in games I can see Rapid winning this. PSG almost got beat 1-0 by Derry in the previous round, so their away play doesnt promise too much. Also- Fenerbahce to beat Newastle. People who bet on the Toon in this must be short of a few brain cells, of course anything can happen in footie but Newcastle are no european powerhouse, their defense is really shoddy, they only overcame Talinn thanks to a quick 2 goal salvo from Martins early in the 2nd half, then proceeded to concede a goal. Martns/Duff are key for Newcastle, but if Fenerbahce can get in at the defense I fancy they could pull a win off and @ 3/1 t's worth a pop. Not saying Fener are world beaters either but at least a draw should be within their grasp Also Fenerbahce +1 @ 4/5

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 19th Oct AZ have nice run this year without any lost in Eredivisie , but on some matches they showed they don’t have so strong defensive line like in match against Den Haag 2:2. In preliminary rounds they’ve eliminated Turkish Kayseri , but this is a team well above Braga. Last week they’ve won against Sparta away 0:2 . The most dangerous individual is certainly striker Arveladze and Braga defense will have to watch on that player all the time. Team will probably be complete as their midfielder Donk will probably be ready for this match. Braga also have great year in Portuguese Bwin League . They have some great results this year like win against Porto 2:1. Last week they’ve won against Beira Mar away 0:3 , so both teams comes to match with big self-confidence . Braga eliminated Chievo in previous round. Braga also don’t have squad problems as Eduardo, Irineu and Gama are back for this very important match. This match is very interesting for me because teams have different football schools . While AZ have high pace tactics with very attacking game , Braga have very slow rhythm , with especially strong defense . Strong defense is main quality o many Portuguese teams and certainly Braga is one of the best in that part of game. So, AZ performance is maybe better to watch because play is more attractive , but in my opinion , taught , defensive tactics often gives the results. This is the group stage , so every point will be decisive . I think Braga can take one point here , but bookies underestimate this team , so I will go for Braga AH +1, with decent odds. Braga AH +1 (8 units) 1.77 @ bet365

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 19th Oct Odense - Parma I have to try betting on Odense tonight, but with low stakes. Being from Denmark and knowing the team, i am a little worried that punters say this is a great pick because of reserve players playing this match for Parma. Odense is not any major european team, but has a solid squad with potential. The problem is attackers playing in SAS liga is not used to break down solid defences as i am afraid Parma brings tonight. But i am still betting for Odense victory, but look at FC Copenhagen who has the best team and attackers in Denmark and they have a very hard time against good teams even making chances, so i know it can be difficult also for Odense to make goals and chances tonight. Lets hope for the best. :hope Just wanted to warn any punter that is betting big on this game.

Re: UEFA Cup matches - Thu 19th Oct We've lost in the worst of possible ways - leading 1-0 and being slight better team, than 1-1 goal which was caused from non-dangerous situation and 1-2 goal in 89th minute when our defender was lying on the ground and Rovers players seen it coz before scoring they shot twice. Blackburn wasn't better team but they shot one goal more (shame that in this kind of circumstances). You can only feel like :puke after this kind of loose.

Panathinaikos 0 HT 0 Hapoel Tel Aviv HT Any live news ? How's Panathinaikos doing ?
Sadly it looks a balanced game with Pana' having more possesion but Hapoel having more shots. Let's hope Pana' can do it:hope:hope:hope

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventNewcastle vs Fenerbache
SelectionNewcastle (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date19/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.04 (Lay)
ReasoningNewcastle have a really tough opening game in the group stages tonight. Fenerbache are a solid turkish outfit and will give the magpies a game tonight. Newcastle have been performing dismally in the premiership of late and whereas Fenerbache are not hitting the heights, they are playing good football and probably have better quality than Newcastle in their side. On that basis, Newcastle have to be layed at just above evs when effectively I have them as a 13/8 shot.

pretty boring at the moment :\ Livorno 20:45 Rangers • On the surface, it looks like a tough game for Livorno. The Italian side's only experience of European football to date came with their 3-0 aggregate win against Austrian side FCS Pasching in the UEFA Cup first round, having qualified for Europe for the first time with a sixth-placed finish in Serie A in 2005/06. • In 20 meetings with Italian clubs since their 6-1 aggregate defeat against AC Milan in the first round of the 1957/58 European Champion Clubs' Cup, the Scottish side have won just five times, with their Serie A opponents triumphing on 12 occasions. • More worryingly, ten trips to Italy have never brought them a victory - they have lost on nine occasions on Italian soil, drawing the other game. Liberec 21:00 Sevilla • Nevertheless, in 44 previous games in European competition (22 wins, nine draws 13 defeats), Liberec have played against Spanish sides six times, though never against Sevilla. They have been remarkably successful since losing their first encounter with Primera División opposition 3-1 against RC Celta de Vigo in a 2001/02 UEFA Cup second round tie. • Liberec recovered their composure to win 3-0 in the second leg with one goal from Jirí Štajner and two from Jan Nezmar. • That was part of a run of five straight victories for Liberec against Spanish opposition. They won in both legs of their tie against RCD Mallorca in the same competition and beat Real Racing Club Santander twice in the 2003 UEFA Intertoto Cup. Osasuna 20:45 Heerenveen • However, on current form, it would be hard to bet against Osasuna picking up a draw against Heerenveen - they have drawn their last five European ties. • The overall statistics hardly make good reading for Heerenveen - they are yet to win against Spanish opposition home or away.
excellent write up :ok I prefer to back both Livorno and Newcastle today at home partly because of the home advantage and partly because Rangers and Fenerbache are having defensive troubles as well as other troubles mentioned already. I'm going to give Sevilla as the previous years winners a go eventhough I've some doubt whether they can pull off the away win today. Anyone also notice there were no draws in any Champion League matches the last 2 days? odd this Max