** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 17/18 October 2006

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006

JERRYDRAKE Bwin placed this odds, giving little advantage to Olympiakos. Do they know something we don´t? What do you make of this? :ok Olympiakos 2.50 X 3.20 AS Roma 2.60
I only think that Olympiakos can win, if I have to translate it in % I say: Olympiakos 30%, Draw 50%, Roma 20%. A good thing can be to bet it LIVE and if one of the two leads 1-0, to lay it. My correct score is: 1-1. Bye, JD

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventSporting - Bayern
Selectionover 2, 2.5
Strength10/10
Date18/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.11 (Back)
ReasoningI really think that this bet has great chances to go through.Bayern has great offensive potential with Makaay and Podolski up front and they are rather unconvincing in defence making mistakes and losing goals.Especially when they are playing away.Loses against Bielefeld and Wolfsburg speaks for itselves.And Sporting at home is dangerous for any team.Inter knows something about that.All in all I expect both teams to score today and at least 2 goals in this match.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 i think Hilario is a good choice to be man of the match (chelsea v barca). he is a decent keeper and as long as he doesnt make any major mistakes a couple of decent saves might be enough to win him the award - bearing in mind the circumstances regarding his selection. Can;t seem to find any odds though, don't know if anyone can help? have looked on oddschecker and a few other sites to no avail. Cheers

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Werder Bremen v Levski Sofia
Selection Werder Bremen -2 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 8/10
Date 18/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning Werder is in big need of points and goals if they want to qualify. They are very strong at home, not even Barca could beat them and saturday they hammared a VfL Bochum 6-0 making two consecutive wins and are looking good. Levski are strong in their home lague but can't compare to Europes giants. Frank Baumann and Tim Borowski are missing for Werder but Thorsten Frings and Jurica Vranješ are more than enough against Levski. I think Werder will spank Levski 4-0 at least wich give a great price for the -2 AH.

Event Werder Bremen v Levski Sofia
Selection Anytime Scorer - Miroslav Klose
Strength 3/10
Date 18/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.70 (Back)
Reasoning Klose is Werder's top striker and goalgetter. Werder will score many goals today and there is no way Klose will miss out to put his name on the scoresheet

Event Valencia v Shakhtar Donetsk
Selection Valencia -1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 7/10
Date 18/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Valencia lost in the weekend but they are still in good form winning 7 of the last 10 games, and scoring an amazing 21 goals. They lead the group and will want to put the qualification beyond every doubt. Shahktar miss two important players Zvonimir Vukić and Elano Blumer, they are a good team but still very young and can't stand up to Valencia, especially on home ground.
Event Valencia v Shakhtar Donetsk
Selection Anytime Scorer - David Villa
Strength 3/10
Date 18/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.70 (Back)
Reasoning Villa is in great form at the moment plus he takes the penaltyes. I think that the main focus of the defenders will be Morientes and Villa could easily score once or twice.

Event Inter Milan v Spartak Moscow
Selection Over 2.5
Strength 9/10
Date 18/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.75 (Back)
Reasoning Inter are a strong team but very inconsistent, they are great at scoring but also concede a lot. In the last 10 games Inter conceded 14 goals and score 15. The same is true for Spartak they scored 13 in the last 10 games and conceded 12. The teams met 4 times before and 3 times it finished Over and the 4th game ended 1-1. 2 times they played in italy and both ended 2-1. Inter must win here and they will be coming out all guns blazing and i think this will be a clear Over game. Inter will win 2-1 or 3-1.

Event Chelsea v FC Barcelona
Selection Over 2.5
Strength 5/10
Date 18/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning Great value here. This should be an open game as there is no knock-out pressure as before. Also with Chelsea keepers missing they are much weaker in defense. both teams posses great attacking force, they met 6 times before and of that 5 games went Over. There is at least 50% chance for this to go over wich gives good value.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Great performance by Chelsea tonight. Hilario had to do... nothing, and Chelsea could have quite easily score 3 or 4 on another night. barca were very dissapointing IMO, didn't show anything going forward, and never looked ike getting anything out of the match. Well done to allwho backed Chelsea, I never did, just enjoyed the match with a few beers.

Great performance by Chelsea tonight. Hilario had to do... nothing, and Chelsea could have quite easily score 3 or 4 on another night. barca were very dissapointing IMO, didn't show anything going forward, and never looked ike getting anything out of the match. Well done to allwho backed Chelsea, I never did, just enjoyed the match with a few beers.
Yeah, Chelsea played great, Ronaldinho & Deco were crap and whitout Eto'o they never had a chance.Only player who stood out at Barca was Messi. And Essien played a big game today. My Over didn't come in but i made decent profit in the other games so not sad. It was a great game, can't wait for Barca - Chelsea:drums

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Prediction Valencia will win 3-0(I guess I overestimated Juaquin) David Villa will score two(flawless prediction) Red card in the game(flawless prediction) There is no bigger fan than me.Go Valencia Go.I will support you to the final as I always do

Prediction Valencia will win 3-0(I guess I overestimated Juaquin) David Villa will score two(flawless prediction) Red card in the game(flawless prediction) There is no bigger fan than me.Go Valencia Go.I will support you to the final as I always do
:clap excellent work valencia [aka nostradamus ;)] keep it up mate! :ok

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 I admit my yesterday's predictions were subjective cause the teams I hate most are MIlan and Man utd so I hoped they finally lose a game.BUt when it comes to my three favorite teams I am in no doubt about the scenario TOP 3 1.Valencia 2.LIverpool 3.INter (Roma are on their way to enter my top list and I plan to extend it to top 5 including Zaragoza as former Valencia's player Aimar plays there)

Great performance by Chelsea tonight. Hilario had to do... nothing, and Chelsea could have quite easily score 3 or 4 on another night. barca were very dissapointing IMO, didn't show anything going forward, and never looked ike getting anything out of the match. Well done to allwho backed Chelsea, I never did, just enjoyed the match with a few beers.
about hilario, exactly, mourinho is god in my eyes. excelent strategy. what a pitty villa didnt give hatrick... but fine i dont need to double my bank everyday... hehehe

Barca' were well below parr tonight! their get up and go has got up and gone - if you ask me! that's all tonights profits wiped out! - ah well!
TOP 3(The teams I hate most) ----------------------------- 1.Barcelona 2.Juventus(I was very happy to learn that they were isolated from the football elite) 3.Manchester United Although my extensive analysis (in which I was trying not to include my bias toward Chelsea) screwed up I am happy to learn that they got the 3 pts.Ronaldinho is the most overrated player in history of football(and it is the player I hate most for his magic trick have no pragmatic value and actually sometimes have a negative impact on the team's performance as many team's score after Ronaldinho's spoiled attempt for a trick.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 The competition starts proper now with teams losing playing major catch up and teams winning going on to sucess. I'm doing Inter Milan Bayern Munich Chelsea (home advantage) Werder Bremen Liverpool PSV Roma Valencia in an £100 accumalator.

I admit my yesterday's predictions were subjective cause the teams I hate most are MIlan and Man utd so I hoped they finally lose a game.BUt when it comes to my three favorite teams I am in no doubt about the scenario TOP 3 1.Valencia 2.LIverpool 3.INter (Roma are on their way to enter my top list and I plan to extend it to top 5 including Zaragoza as former Valencia's player Aimar plays there)
Why do you think anyone here is interested which are your favorite teams? This is betting discussion board, and if you want to discuss how great your favorite teams are and their former players, than you should find some other place for that sort of discussion.

Why do you think anyone here is interested which are your favorite teams? This is betting discussion board, and if you want to discuss how great your favorite teams are and their former players, than you should find some other place for that sort of discussion.
:lol:ok:ok, wanted to do that myself:ok :lol (but i'm not a mod so i thaught i won't)

:lol:ok:ok, wanted to do that myself:ok :lol (but i'm not a mod so i thaught i won't)
I'm glad I'm not the only one. @valenciaNo1 I'm not trying to act like cop here just because I'm moderator, but we really dont need discussions like "Who's your favorite team" in betting discussion threads. If you want to talk about non-betting releated subjects, you are always free to do that in General Chat or Sports Banter sections, but in threads like this try to concentrate on facts realted to specific games, even your gut feeilng is always welcome, as long as you dont sound like Nostradamus ;) and that's it. Nobody will ever take you seriously if you're betting against massive clubs like ManUtd or Milan just because you hate them, and that is my friendly suggestion to you. See ya around :ok

Nobody will ever take you seriously if you're betting against massive clubs like ManUtd or Milan just because you hate them, and that is my friendly suggestion to you.
Thats the key, if i bet on football (rarely) i definately stay away from any teams that i like or hate, and if your tips are based on these feelings then its likely you will be reloading your account fairly often

Man Utd -1 ( 8/15 ) and Bremen -1 ( 4/6 ) with Bet365 will carry my cash. That's a 6/4 shot and that will do for me. Plenty of other possibles such as Lille, Porto, Arsenal and Lyon and I'll probably have a small accumulator just in case for small stakes.
Only downside of getting my big double up was having to sit through a piss poor match between Bremen and Levski. On this showing, even a below par Barca side will beat Bremen.

The competition starts proper now with teams losing playing major catch up and teams winning going on to sucess. I'm doing Inter Milan Bayern Munich Chelsea (home advantage) Werder Bremen Liverpool PSV Roma Valencia in an £100 accumalator.
GOSH!!!!!! i think u hit it BIG time.... how much did u win for this? congrats!!:cheers :cheers

Ok, Hilario will play it seems. But I do thing still we have a chance. A team isn't only made by GK and I think as long as our defensive line are performing well and do their job, I have a good feeling Chelsea could give us draw at least on the bag or maybe even more a win which is very possible In addition, I have a feeling since Chelsea playing 3rd Goalie, I can see a lot of punters will plunge and back Barca plus they beaten Sevilla 3 - 1 in the weekend and sometimes when the situation looks like this, Chelsea can be the winner. Anyway that is just a gut feeling. Squad wise, yes we look depleted but I think we just have enough squad power to nick in a tight win, say like 1 - 0 and we will want to play for it badly since next visit will be away at Nou Camp and I think Chelsea will be satisfied with a draw there.
Good win by Chelsea and as I said, GK isn't a factor. Chelsea played really tight in defence last night. Hilario also performs decently even though he wasn't really forced into making superb saves but he didn't make any silly mistakes either which is good. And the score should be at least 2 - 0 at least however few golden chances are wasted. Oh well anyway I'll have a lil brag today :lol really happy that we beat Barcelona. I think this week is a good week for all PLers mostly I guess ? Not too many shocking surprises.

TOP 3(The teams I hate most) ----------------------------- 1.Barcelona 2.Juventus(I was very happy to learn that they were isolated from the football elite) 3.Manchester United Although my extensive analysis (in which I was trying not to include my bias toward Chelsea) screwed up I am happy to learn that they got the 3 pts.Ronaldinho is the most overrated player in history of football(and it is the player I hate most for his magic trick have no pragmatic value and actually sometimes have a negative impact on the team's performance as many team's score after Ronaldinho's spoiled attempt for a trick.
:\ your love of Valencia helped you beat the bookies - I can see that, and well done to you for that :ok but it's important to put the emotion away when gambling mate :( in fact it's more than important it's essential-IMO! [ unless you're just punting for fun - and with a few of your comments regarding stakes I'm presuming you're not fun betting! ] I'm a Bolton fan, and as much as it pains me, I'm perfectly happy to use my knowledge of them to back their oponents if that's what will win me money! as Don Corleone said in the God Father "it's not personal - it's just business!"

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 I don't let emotions guide me when betting.But emotions made my view more profound as I remember all their matches and I know them very well.Being a fan means knowing your team's behaviour more than supporting it in every situations.It is clear to me that they won't win every game.No team does(The "best" tema of the last season was Bacelona,but even they lost about 10 games.That means they are humans right.Espanyol hammered them 4-2,2-0.Valencia 1-0,Atheltico 3-1 on Kamp Nou.).But being their fan helps me recognize every detail of their style and their every infirmity.I am sure it is the same with you.Bolton are decent team I wish them finishing in top 4.