** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 17/18 October 2006

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006

Porto to win - Stan james at 1.91 (full trust for me). By the other side Hamburger did very bad in their starting season: overall in CHL Group they had nihil points yet (suffered 2 lost games against Arsenal, at home, and from CSKA in away): I guess they fill face this match with the main objective to take points anyway. Probable line-up: Kirschtein; De Jong, Rienhardt, Kompany, Sorin; Wicky, Jarolim, Laas, Trochowsky; Sanogo, Ljuboja.
I believe that Reinhardt, Kompany and Jarolim will miss this match because of injuries. ksk1912 also said it in his post in this thread. It gives you more reasons to back Porto, right?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventMan. United - FCK
SelectionMan United (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date17/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.19 (Lay)
ReasoningEven though I agree, that Man U are MAJOR favorites in this one, I just cannot justify such a low price. The price is lower than if Man U was meeting Southampton on their own turd, and with all respect to Southampton I do believe FCK has more quality than a Championship team. They did smack out Ajax from the CL. Man Utd has doubts over Ronaldo and Neville, while FCK will be missing Berdølmo and maybe even the one going in his stead, but he is included and flew to Manchester with the rest of the team, as did Linderoth today (sources: Bold.dk and viasatsport.dk) Grønkjær will be missed by FCK too. I do not think that FCK will win, yet there's got to bve value in the lay of 1.19, so that's my bet. Happy punting

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventDynamo Kiev - Lyon
SelectionOver 2.5
Strength10/10
Date17/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningDynamo Kiev haven't been able to keep their goal tidy in the latest two matches, cashing in 9 goals, yet they've still managed to score. Lyon have been very good at putting in the goals lately too, with people like Juninho, Malouda, Tiago coming from the middlefield and Fred/Carew up top, it doesen't look too shabbish offensively. On the back it's a whole different thing for both teams, as they're missing they're keepers, and will have to put in the reserve-keepers. Sorry for the short review, but I think the chances of an over is about 50 %, so 2.1 is more than acceptable with a value of 105% Happy punting!

I don't know when will people realize that english football=rubbish spanish & italian football=world-class football the only exception from the above equalities are liverpool partly because currently it is mostly constituted of spanish players
post of the year :( and now speak about bitches comming from italy & spain :rollin

I don't know when will people realize that english football=rubbish spanish & italian football=world-class football the only exception from the above equalities are liverpool partly because currently it is mostly constituted of spanish players
I think you have gone too far with your agressiveness and arrogance just because you won something sometime with Liverpool while others didn't. Please stop this premature commenting job. I would appreciate your comments if you make profits and share your views BEFORE the matches so that others can win as well.

No, actually German football is the best. Proof? Watch Werder spank Levski 6:0 tomorrow after Barca managed 5:0 and Chelsea 3:1 ;)

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Anderlecht v AC Milan
Selection Under 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 17/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.60 (Back)
Reasoning There doesn't exist a more obvious Under game than this one. Milan is known for their under games and right now they are strugling to score, Gilardino haven't scored for Milan since April. Of Milans last 10 games 7 finished under and they have not scored in 3 of those. Same is with Anderlecht, although they won 4-0 this weekend, they too finished 7 under of the last 10. I'm pretty sure this will be under game, maybe Milan wins 1-0, maybe 1-1 but no more. PS: These teams met twice before and both games finished 0-0.

Event Steaua B. v Real Madrid
Selection Real Madrid
Strength 7/10
Date 17/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.16 (Back)
Reasoning The price for Real is too high, it's true they lost against Getafe, true that they are going through a tough time but the price is still high. Steaua is not ready to handle these kind of games. This is the biggest football match ever in Romania, and the media coverege is at record heights. Every "expert" is talking about this game 3 weeks now. Steaua players don't have the experience to handle this pressure, they are a solid team with good players but still there is great difference beetwen the teams. Vasilica Cristocea and Mihai Nesu having joined long-term casualties Mirel Radoi and Victoras Iacob on the sidelines, of these Nesu is the bigger miss. Steauas big weakness is goalkeeper Carlos, he is prone to big mistakes and is having plenty of them.He made the mistake wich led to the first Lyon goal and he screwed up again last round against CFR. Real are in bad form and not yet a team but they compensate trough individual value. José Antonio Reyes is out but Fabio Cannavaro and Sergio Ramos return to the squad. Capello is thinking of putting Robinho in the first 11 and that would be a stroke of genious i think, Steaua defenders will be unable to handle his speed and technique as they rarely or never meet players like him. I'm confident Real will win 1-0,2-0.

Event Porto v HSV
Selection Porto
Strength 8/10
Date 17/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning David Jarolím, Rafael van der Vaart, Guy Demel, Bastian Reinhardt, Thimothée Atouba, Vincent Kompany and striker Benjamin Lauth are all out for Hamburg today. As if this wouldn't be enough their form is absolutely terrible they have not won in their last 13 games. Adriano is out for Porto but Ricardo Costa returns. Porto form is good, in the lat 10 they won 6 annd only lost 1. Both teams need points and considering HSV injury's and bad form Porto should take the 3 points today.

Event Dynamo Kyev v Lyon
Selection Over 2.5
Strength 5/10
Date 17/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning This is the last chance for Dynamo so i'm guesing they will be coming out all guns blazing. Both teams have goalkeeper troubles, Olexandr Shovkovski is out for Dynamo and Gregory Coupet out for Lyon. Claudio Caçapa and Patrick Müller are also out for Lyon,Sébastien Squillaci is exzpected to pair up with Cris. I think that this will be an open, attacking game with Dynamo pushing for the win, but i think that Lyon will want to be sure of qulification as soon as possible and will try to win the game. There are good chances for a few goals knowing Lyon's attacking capabilities and the price is great to take the over 2.5

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 CSKA – Arsenal CSKA is very taught team and especially in Russia they are very dangerous . In last match they defeated HSV 1:0 and in the first one against Porto away they drew 0:0 . So team for respect , they don’t score too much , but also they are very strong defensive team with excellent young goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev . CSKA is in bit harder situation because they have bigger points needs than Arsenal. Team of CSKA will be complete for match if we don’t count long term absentee Odiah. CSKA: Akinfeev; Berezutskiy, Ignashevich, Berezutskiy; Å emberas, Krasic, Dudu, Zhirkov; Carvalho; Vágner Love, Olić. Arsenal comes to Moscow after two wins in group stage , the last one at home against Porto 2:0 and in first round against Hamburger away 1:2. But I think tonight will not be easy for English team. They have some squad problems as two very important players are injured , Ljungberg and Julio Baptista also Eboue will not play. So, they will not be strong as usual. Also , maybe important fact is that Arsenal don’t have good memories from Russia , They’ve never won against some Russian team at their ground. Maybe motivation more , but if they didn’t beat team like Lokomotiv (0:0) then I don’t see how they will have more chance against team of CSKA who is disparate stronger . Arsenal: Lehmann; Hoyte, Djourou, Touré, Gallas; Rosický, Gilberto, Fabregas, Hleb; van Persie, Henry. So, I think CSKA not to lose , also maybe good bet is CSKA to keep clean sheet. But I will go for CSKA +0.25. CSKA +0.25 9 UNITS 2.00 @ bet365

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 FC Porto- HSV HSV meets leader of portugese league for key game. Both teams with poor CL-season start, Porto with 1 point from 2 games, HSV zero... HSV this season out of control, sold some key players (complete interior defense!!) and are still without a win this season - in any competition. Coming from another 2-1 home defeat to Schalke on Saturday, pressure on HSV Coach Doll increases permanently. Superstar Van der Vaart, Atouba, Reinhardt, Lauth and Jarolim won´t play for sure, Kompany is questionable. Porto very strong @ home ( Estadio do Dragao), didn´t loose a game for about 10 weeks, managed to win easily 3-0 over Maritimo on Saturday. Midfielder Bruno Moraes returned at the weekend after a six-month injury absence. Brasilian youngstar sensation Anderson (18 years old)seems to be next superstar in Porto team and managed to fill the role of playmaker very nicley so far. Porto needs a win to revive hopes of reaching the second round, and they´ll get their chance against actual very weakened HSV. Played yesterday with 2,00 @ Starbet GL @all icon_wink.gif

What complete and utter drivel. I'm really looking forward to seeing how your "banker" FCK do tonight against Man Utd.

Jesualdo Ferreira is a coach of Porto and he suspended a player Bosingwa. Anyway, thx for your comment mate, I am also on PORTO (1.90) tonight :hope
Thanks for the info :cheers , i have read it from RTL Tv. Teletext.

CSKA – Arsenal CSKA is very taught team and especially in Russia they are very dangerous . In last match they defeated HSV 1:0 and in the first one against Porto away they drew 0:0 . So team for respect , they don’t score too much , but also they are very strong defensive team with excellent young goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev . CSKA is in bit harder situation because they have bigger points needs than Arsenal. Team of CSKA will be complete for match if we don’t count long term absentee Odiah. CSKA: Akinfeev; Berezutskiy, Ignashevich, Berezutskiy; Å emberas, Krasic, Dudu, Zhirkov; Carvalho; Vágner Love, Olić. Arsenal comes to Moscow after two wins in group stage , the last one at home against Porto 2:0 and in first round against Hamburger away 1:2. But I think tonight will not be easy for English team. They have some squad problems as two very important players are injured , Ljungberg and Julio Baptista also Eboue will not play. So, they will not be strong as usual. Also , maybe important fact is that Arsenal don’t have good memories from Russia , They’ve never won against some Russian team at their ground. Maybe motivation more , but if they didn’t beat team like Lokomotiv (0:0) then I don’t see how they will have more chance against team of CSKA who is disparate stronger . Arsenal: Lehmann; Hoyte, Djourou, Touré, Gallas; Rosický, Gilberto, Fabregas, Hleb; van Persie, Henry. So, I think CSKA not to lose , also maybe good bet is CSKA to keep clean sheet. But I will go for CSKA +0.25. CSKA +0.25 9 UNITS 2.00 @ bet365
i thought the match is going to be played on neutral ground.. can anyone enlighten me?

I remember reading somewhere that Jo will be out for a while. I'm sure he injured.
gr8, thanks real went from 2.0 to 2.18 now. 2.18 is well worth shot for that price. definately more than lyon,benfica,arsenal,milan,manchester which are imo crap bets tonight.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Anderlecht - Milan Anderlecht could nick a point here, but I don't think they're strong enough to win. I watched their game against Zulte-Waregem, and they struggled the first 15 minutes. But a draw is very possible. Saw that Lucas Biglia was @45 for first goalscorer. He's a defensive mid but infiltrates now and then. Has had some bad luck trying to score that goal, so maybe tonight. 45 looks like value. Put most of my money on Real though. They will hit back after Getafe. They're a top team. Those guys hit back. Good luck to all of you!

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 I'm on Real tonight. I expect Capello to get a reaction after the defeat at the weekend. And, as you say 2.18 is value. Also in the process of deciding whether or not to take Arsenal to keep a clean sheet at 2.52. They have only conceded one in their last 5 games. CSKA seem somewhat toothless to me, especially missing Jo. Although Love could be dangerous.

1-0 Real wins
ok, enough with this, you are really acting like Nostradamus now :lol interesting reasoning for Man Utd game :ok , but all of us would apreciate if you could give us reasoning for 1-0 exact score in Steaua v Real match.

I'm on Real tonight. I expect Capello to get a reaction after the defeat at the weekend. And, as you say 2.18 is value. Also in the process of deciding whether or not to take Arsenal to keep a clean sheet at 2.52. They have only conceded one in their last 5 games. CSKA seem somewhat toothless to me, especially missing Jo. Although Love could be dangerous.
In league, Jo is their top scorer however, they have whole lot of top players that can do goals, Forwards: Vagner Love, Olic backed by very good midfield: Carvalho, Dudu, Krasic, really some firepower there i also saw them play, works well...