** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 17/18 October 2006

CSKA Moscow v Arsenal (17 October) match fact CSKA Moscow(home) 2.80 Draw 3.20 Arsenal 2.25 ------------------------------ With midfielders Freddie Ljungberg and Julio Baptista out through injury, Arsenal have called up Denilson for the Champions League trip to Russia. The Brazil Under-19 captain, who has yet to make his debut, joined from Sao Paulo on transfer deadline day. Left-back Emmanuel Eboue is still sidelined by a knee problem, but on the opposite flank there is positive news with Gael Clichy included after injury. Philippe Senderos, Lauren and Abou Diaby remain sidelined through injury. Definitions of terms used:- Champions League (CL) - only group phase matches and beyond of this competition which began in 1992-93. Champions Cup/Champions League - all matches played since it began in 1955-56 including qualification matches. European matches - all matches played in the major European tournaments (Fairs Cup, Uefa Cup, Cup Winners' Cup, Champions Cup, Champions League). Uefa Super Cups, Intertoto Cups and the old Intercontinental Cup competition are excluded. Head-to-heads CSKA Moscow and Arsenal have never met before in any European competition. CSKA have lost all three of their matches against English opposition. In the 2004-05 CL they were beaten twice by Chelsea (2-0 away, 0-1 home). Their last match against an English side was the European Super Cup in 2005 which they lost 3-1 to Liverpool. Arsenal have played Russian opponents six times before, winning twice and losing three times. Three matches in Russia resulted in two defeats and a draw. The stalemate dates back to September 2003 when the Gunners' CL group phase match at Lokomotiv Moscow finished 0-0. European history This season is CSKA Moscow's 13th in European football but only the third in the Champions League. They played in the inaugural Champions League in 1992-93, finishing bottom of Group A. In the 2004-05 season they were third in Group H behind FC Porto and Chelsea, and went on to win the Uefa Cup that year, which remains their only European silverware to date. Arsenal are making their ninth appearance in the CL main competition and their seventh consecutively. Last season's beaten finalists have won two European trophies: the 1970 Fairs Cup and the 1994 Cup Winners' Cup. Current European form CSKA have kept a clean sheet in each of their last four European matches, including two in the CL. They are one of five teams yet to concede a goal in this season's competition, along with Bayern Munich, Lyon, PSV and AC Milan. Arsenal are on a four match winning run in Europe, and unbeaten in seven. Their last away defeat came on 22 February 2005 at Bayern Munich (3-1). Player and disciplinary info Sergei Ignashevich is CSKA's most experienced player and top scorer in this competition with 31 matches and two goals. Brazilians Vagner Love and Dudu are the only other players in CSKA's squad who have scored in a CL match. Thierry Henry has made 80 Champions League appearances. He is the Gunners' most experienced player is this competition and most prolific scorer. His goal in the last match marked his 50th in all European competitions and 42nd in the CL. Other miscellaneous facts Arsenal are three goals shy of conceding their 100th goal in the Champions Cup. CSKA Moscow won 2-1 at home to Rubin Kazan at the weekend to remain top of the Russian Premier League, two points ahead of city rivals Lokomotiv and Sparta. Arsenal continued their rise up the Premiership table with a 3-0 home win over Watford. It was their sixth successive victory in all competitions. Big Match Stats source: Infostrada Sports Please provide the link next time when you copy/paste info from other sources Please contact Paul Ross (site administrator) for links in your signature

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 1.18 for the Man U home win may not be value but they'll still win. So far, in their two games in the Champions League the Copenhagen side have created barely half a chance and have a thoroughly defensive approach to these games against supposed tougher opposition. This set of tactics will inevitably fail at Old Trafford, simply because firstly they aren't good enough defensively to withstand the pressure from Man U, and secondly because they aren't used to playing at the English pace. Additionally two of FC Copenhagen's most experienced players, Tobias Linderoth and André Bergdølmo, are both rated as very doubtful for the match. Therefore my bet of the mid-week is Man U to win by two goals or more.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 A few bets on Tuesday's games: CSKA Moscow-Arsenal 2 - 2,35 @ expekt Maybe it's just my heart saying Arsenal will win, BUT I think there is good value here. Arsenal has proven themselves in the CL in recent times, reaching the final last season and playing some great football this season as well. They have a good winning form going, and they know how to defend well, espceially in Europe! I think Arsenal will sit back and defend, control the ball when they have it and play on the counter attack, a style of play they truly know how to master. No doubt CSKA will be a tough nut to crack at their ground. Not much injuries for Arsenal, Baptista, Ljungberg and Eboue. The last one will be missed, but I think they have enough to nick a 0-1 win here. I'll also play the under 2.5 goals for 1,55...decent odds. Manchester U-FC Copenhagen -1 - 1,55 @ expekt I'm testing this. United no doubt several classes better, but Copenhagen are no pushovers! They will no doubt battle hard for a point here. They will also get a chance or two, and the United keeper will have to be on his toes, as he will not have much to do I think. But still belive Rooney/Saha /Solkjaer will break them and score a few goals. United should win easy, but I just have this feeling they might underestimate Copenhagen. Think I'll also try the over 2,5 for 1,60. If they play at their best, we should see some goals in this one! GL on all your picks for the coming nights! :hope

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 STEAUA v REAL In the Group E of the Champions League Lyon is first with 6 points, followed by Real Madrid and Steaua Bucarest (3) and Dynamo Kiev (0). We all know that the best teams in this group are Lyon and Real, two teams that will also try to win the tournament this year. If we think that in the third and fourth round Lyon and Real meet the other rivals twice, it is not hard to see that they will try to obtain a double win. Real is only 5th in the Spanish championship and is obliged to win in Europe in order to concentrate again in the Spanish league. Steaua won in Kiev (4-1) and lost to Lyon at home (0-3), same results in the opposite order for Real: 0-2 to Lyon in France and 5-1 against Dynamo in Madrid. Real Madrid lost to Getafe (0-1) in Primera Division but this time Cannavaro and Sergio Ramos are available. Without Salgado, Cicinho and Reyes, “Don” Fabio Capello is obliged to count again on the duo Diarra-Emerson behind Beckham (or Robinho), Guti, Raul and the forward Van Nistelrooy. To be a player of Real Madrid can be a great privilege except in one case: when you lose two games in a row and a trainer called Fabio Capello waits for you in the dressing-room. So, no doubts for me, we will see the “real” Real Madrid in Bucarest. Pick: Real Madrid (AH-0.5), odds: 1.94, bookmaker: Pointbet, stake: 10/10

match fact for Man Utd v FC Copenhagen (17 Oct 06) Man Utd(home) 1.14 Draw 5.50 FC Copenhagen 17.00 ---------------------------- Head-to-heads Manchester United and FC Copenhagen have never met each other in European competition. United have played a Danish club before - they beat Brondby 5-0 at Old Trafford and 6-2 in Denmark, in the 1998-99 Champions League. FC Copenhagen have met one other English club before. They drew 1-1 at Chelsea but lost 0-1 in the home leg, and were eliminated from the 1998-99 Cup Winners' Cup. European history Manchester United have been champions of Europe twice, and are taking part in their 12th Champions League season, attempting to atone for failing to progress beyond the group stages last time around. FC Copenhagen are making their debut in the Champions League. Their best European result came in the 1997-98 Cup Winners' Cup, when they reached the last 16 and were knocked out by Real Betis. Current European form Manchester United lead Group F, having won both of their matches so far. They are unbeaten in five European matches at Old Trafford. Copenhagen have one point from their 0-0 draw with Benfica and share last place with the Portuguese club. They are yet to score a goal in the Champions League. Player and disciplinary info Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's two goals for the Red Devils in the opening group game made him the all-time super-sub in the Champions League. He has scored seven goals in the competition after coming off the bench. Andre Bergdolmo is FC Copenhagen's most experienced player in the Champions League with 35 appearances. Other miscellaneous facts Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has been in charge of 183 European matches in his career. His total is the second highest ever and he only trails Giovanni Trapattoni (196). United maintained top spot in the Premiership table with Saturday's 1-3 victory at Wigan. It was their third successive win in all competitions. FC Copenhagen won 0-2 at Randers FC on Saturday, and lead the Danish League by one point from Odense. Please provide the link next time when you copy/paste info from other sources Please contact Paul Ross (site administrator) for links in your signature

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventWerder - Levski
Selectionover 3
Strength10/10
Date18/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.86 (Back)
ReasoningWe all know what Werder is capable of in offense.Werder players seems to get their form and they are now playing amazing.Great 6:0 win over Bochum speaks for itself.Levski is maybe good team in Bulgaria but in CL it's differen't story.If Werder will score an early first goal then we can expect a lot of goals.

Re: match fact for Man Utd v FC Copenhagen (17 Oct 06)

Man Utd(home) 1.14 Draw 5.50 FC Copenhagen 17.00 ---------------------------- Head-to-heads Manchester United and FC Copenhagen have never met each other in European competition. United have played a Danish club before - they beat Brondby 5-0 at Old Trafford and 6-2 in Denmark, in the 1998-99 Champions League. FC Copenhagen have met one other English club before. They drew 1-1 at Chelsea but lost 0-1 in the home leg, and were eliminated from the 1998-99 Cup Winners' Cup. European history Manchester United have been champions of Europe twice, and are taking part in their 12th Champions League season, attempting to atone for failing to progress beyond the group stages last time around. FC Copenhagen are making their debut in the Champions League. Their best European result came in the 1997-98 Cup Winners' Cup, when they reached the last 16 and were knocked out by Real Betis. Current European form Manchester United lead Group F, having won both of their matches so far. They are unbeaten in five European matches at Old Trafford. Copenhagen have one point from their 0-0 draw with Benfica and share last place with the Portuguese club. They are yet to score a goal in the Champions League. Player and disciplinary info Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's two goals for the Red Devils in the opening group game made him the all-time super-sub in the Champions League. He has scored seven goals in the competition after coming off the bench. Andre Bergdolmo is FC Copenhagen's most experienced player in the Champions League with 35 appearances. Other miscellaneous facts Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has been in charge of 183 European matches in his career. His total is the second highest ever and he only trails Giovanni Trapattoni (196). United maintained top spot in the Premiership table with Saturday's 1-3 victory at Wigan. It was their third successive win in all competitions. FC Copenhagen won 0-2 at Randers FC on Saturday, and lead the Danish League by one point from Odense.
Similar/identical preview at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6050840.stm
Head-to-heads Manchester United and FC Copenhagen have never met each other in European competition. United have played a Danish club before - they beat Brondby 5-0 at Old Trafford and 6-2 in Denmark, in the 1998-99 Champions League. FC Copenhagen have met one other English club before. They drew 1-1 at Chelsea but lost 0-1 in the home leg, and were eliminated from the 1998-99 Cup Winners' Cup. European history Manchester United have been champions of Europe twice, and are taking part in their 12th Champions League season, attempting to atone for failing to progress beyond the group stages last time around. FC Copenhagen are making their debut in the Champions League. Their best European result came in the 1997-98 Cup Winners' Cup, when they reached the last 16 and were knocked out by Real Betis. Current European form Manchester United lead Group F, having won both of their matches so far. They are unbeaten in five European matches at Old Trafford. Copenhagen have one point from their 0-0 draw with Benfica and share last place with the Portuguese club. They are yet to score a goal in the Champions League. Player and disciplinary info Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's two goals for the Red Devils in the opening group game made him the all-time super-sub in the Champions League. He has scored seven goals in the competition after coming off the bench. Andre Bergdolmo is FC Copenhagen's most experienced player in the Champions League with 35 appearances. Other miscellaneous facts Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has been in charge of 183 European matches in his career. His total is the second highest ever and he only trails Giovanni Trapattoni (196). United maintained top spot in the Premiership table with Saturday's 1-3 victory at Wigan. It was their third successive win in all competitions. FC Copenhagen won 0-2 at Randers FC on Saturday, and lead the Danish League by one point from Odense. Big Match Stats source: Infostrada Sports

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Galatasaray x PSV Galatasaray isn't good case because middle are bad and forward Necati Ateş,Ümit Karan,Hakan Şükür out of form.Arda Turan new star played all match and very well perform.Defender Song,tomas,sabri,orhan to stay alone and middlfield center ayhan akman,inamato very bad now.Galatasaray coach Eric Gerets will change team formation,he played 4-3-1-2 but too much offansive player but this match he will take 4-2-3-1,2 defansive middlfiled player but isn't known yet maybe ayhan,inamato maybe ayhan mehmet topal maybe okan buruk,ayhan. Psv will play counter attack and farfan,kone very dangerous this formation. The last chance Eric Gerets and Galatasaray must earn certain so Galatasaray european team and ı think he will win this match. 10/10 Galatasaray not LOSE. 07/10 Galatasaray WİN. 05/10 Under 2,5 1,85 04/10 Over 2,5 2,20 01/10 Galatasaray 2-0 PSV If you find under 2,5 odd 1,85 play this and you don't find play over 2,5 odd 2,20 or over.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 I think i go to bet Real Madrid and Porto Capello was angry after the poor performance in front Getafe, the players have to react and go to be motivate for to win this match. Hambourg dont win yet one match in Bundesliga and i imagine Porto want to win their first match in championsligue at home.

Galatasaray x PSV Galatasaray isn't good case because middle are bad and forward Necati Ateş,Ãœmit Karan,Hakan ŞÃ¼kür out of form.Arda Turan new star played all match and very well perform.Defender Song,tomas,sabri,orhan to stay alone and middlfield center ayhan akman,inamato very bad now.Galatasaray coach Eric Gerets will change team formation,he played 4-3-1-2 but too much offansive player but this match he will take 4-2-3-1,2 defansive middlfiled player but isn't known yet maybe ayhan,inamato maybe ayhan mehmet topal maybe okan buruk,ayhan. Psv will play counter attack and farfan,kone very dangerous this formation. The last chance Eric Gerets and Galatasaray must earn certain so Galatasaray european team and ı think he will win this match. 10/10 Galatasaray not LOSE. 07/10 Galatasaray WİN. 05/10 Under 2,5 1,85 04/10 Over 2,5 2,20 01/10 Galatasaray 2-0 PSV If you find under 2,5 odd 1,85 play this and you don't find play over 2,5 odd 2,20 or over.
Psv without win in Turkey in past games,but G.s wasnt never so bad, I accept G.s will beginn with defansive football,and this is a big opportunity for Psv to take here point or points.I'm in same mean with the selection under 2.5 goal. If any side win this game i think this is the away team. My heart say G.s win but my mind x2.

Man utd. are the big lay of the day.Copenhagen will win tonight. man utd-copnhagen-copenhagen under/over 2.5 -over 2.5 correct score:2-3 No need to thank me.after the match we shall discuss it further.
your other name nostradamus mate? :loon I'd rather hear more before the game! welcome- btw- if you haven't been already! ;)

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Porto to win - Stan james at 1.91 (full trust for me). Porto vs Hamburger Porto in must win situation to continue their adventure in CHL competition: they had a poor start in the Group taking 1 point, at home ground against CSKA Moskva (drew by 0-0) and suffered an away lost against Arsenal (by 2-0). Proto is standing now far 3 points from CSKA (2nd placement) and, after this game, they will face in away Hamburger and CSKA. Probable line-up: Helton; Ricardo Costa, Pepe, Bruno Alves, Cech; Raul Meireles, Anderson, Lucho Gonzales; Quaresma, Postiga, Lisandro. By the other side Hamburger did very bad in their starting season: overall in CHL Group they had nihil points yet (suffered 2 lost games against Arsenal, at home, and from CSKA in away): I guess they fill face this match with the main objective to take points anyway. Probable line-up: Kirschtein; De Jong, Rienhardt, Kompany, Sorin; Wicky, Jarolim, Laas, Trochowsky; Sanogo, Ljuboja. Porto is IMO more full of solutions in the middle zone (where Anderson is showing all his talent) and in attack line leaded by Quaresma and from the dangerous Postiga. Hamburger will suffer the miss of Rafael van der Vaart (real lead man in field): despite to seem very close in back front, Hamburger is IMO very weak, at these european levels, in the rest of first regular line. I consider that as the last chance for Porto and I like them.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 cska-arsenal over @ 2.6 this can go either way and cska can easily win this big as well (3.85 sure with value). for me cska has as good offesinve as any other cl team (incl barcelona, in fact i like it more)... both teams have very solid defense as well but i think this will be offensive game and 2.6 would be sin not to take so irather take it. man too little odds, -2 too low odds, -2.5 not worth taking in CL (or would require some more thinking but i dont want to think now,r eally really no) i fancy porto dont think lyon will come and win 2:0 in kyiv, may be very tight game in kyiv and actually as i see kyiev for 5.9 is good bet,funny odds. they are very very strong home. they beat fenerbahce anyone else can get it as well. maybe theres half team injury but i dont know about that so 5.9 seem good to me and so on and so on oh and also chelsea GK wont mean much,if chelesea have good lineup they can win, and if barcelona has good night they would win even if they had 3 keepers in their holy gate .....

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 ADYTHOM ---------- ANOTHER TIP-anderlecht-ac milan-anderlecht. FC copenhagen play typical scandinavian football and if you check the statisticks it is just the football Brits fear.Also Man utd are not top-class team as most bookies estimate.Last year they were rubbish(since 1999 they have shown nothing).Plus this is the last chance for copenhagen(who actually have a decent squad and play AS A TEAM) to reach the knock-out stages.As illogical as Besiktas win in Stamford Bridge two years ago,this match will surprise many of you.I personally put 1k @ 15.00.I don't urge you to do the same but you will be surprised tomorrow.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 ADYTHOM ---------- ANOTHER TIP-anderlecht-ac milan-anderlecht. FC copenhagen play typical scandinavian football and if you check the statisticks it is just the football Brits fear.Also Man utd are not top-class team as most bookies estimate.Last year they were rubbish(since 1999 they have shown nothing).Plus this is the last chance for copenhagen(who actually have a decent squad and play AS A TEAM) to reach the knock-out stages.As illogical as Besiktas win in Stamford Bridge two years ago,this match will surprise many of you.I personally put 1k @ 15.00.I don't urge you to do the same but you will be surprised tomorrow. Another of nostradamus' predictions is valencia wins the champion's league. ADYTHOM my friend I may be a Nostradamus but 2005 I won big money on Liverpool and other punters like you lost their fortune on AC Milan.So we shall watch the game tonight and decide who is better after the last whistle

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Lille at 1.62 with Blue Square. Lille vs AEK: Lille probable to play for the 2nd place in the Group (thinking for Milan to have the supremacy): tonight the match will be so fundamental for the french side cause they will face, two weeks later, AEK in oufield and IMO is necessary for Lille to take max advantage tonight. Tonight Lille will miss the important Fauvergue, more Audel and Debuchy; recovered the central forward Odemwingie to give big consistence to the attack front. Probable line-up: Sylva; Chalmè, Tavlaridis, Plestan, Tafforeau; Dumont, Makoun; Keita, Boomer, Bastos; Odemwingie. AEK has shown to be very weak far from home: they faced Milan (lost by 3-0), showing many blows in defensive line and a slow middle line (the strong side IMO for Lille); even in the last home match (drew against Anderlecht by 2-2), the greece side appeared in big troubles against fast football games of Anderlecht in attack line. Tonight missed: Dellas, Lagos, Manduca, Tziortziopoulos. Probable line-up: Sorrentino; Georgeas, Moras, Cirillo, Udeze; Ivic, Emerson, Lakis, Tozser; Liberopoulos, Julio Cesar. I guess that the quality of middle zone of Lille can make the differential in this game: Lille should gest the match and the ball's possession and the defensive line of AEK will allow some chances during all the match.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 For Lyon a draw would be more than enough, as they will play two games at home (against Dinamo Kiev and Steaua) in the last three rounds. If we think that they have 6 points, a draw could be more than enough. I would not bet on Lyon this time (although is one of the best teams to bet on, always). Bye, JD

ADYTHOM ---------- ANOTHER TIP-anderlecht-ac milan-anderlecht. FC copenhagen play typical scandinavian football and if you check the statisticks it is just the football Brits fear.Also Man utd are not top-class team as most bookies estimate.Last year they were rubbish(since 1999 they have shown nothing).Plus this is the last chance for copenhagen(who actually have a decent squad and play AS A TEAM) to reach the knock-out stages.As illogical as Besiktas win in Stamford Bridge two years ago,this match will surprise many of you.I personally put 1k @ 15.00.I don't urge you to do the same but you will be surprised tomorrow. Another of nostradamus' predictions is valencia wins the champion's league. ADYTHOM my friend I may be a Nostradamus but 2005 I won big money on Liverpool and other punters like you lost their fortune on AC Milan.So we shall watch the game tonight and decide who is better after the last whistle
:clap thanks valencia :ok a little explanation goes a long way ;) I didn't mean the "Nostradamus" quote as an insult -BTW! apologies if I failed to express myself as clearly as I should! :ok Good luck again :hope