** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 17/18 October 2006

Tuesday 17 October 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
CSKA Moscow v Arsenal (17:30 BST)3.503.202.44101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreBookings PointsCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+Red CardSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTotal Goal MinutesTotal Goals
Anderlecht v AC Milan (19:45 BST)7.003.801.67101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerAway Team First Goal TimeAway Team To ScoreCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredHome Team First Goal TimeLast Goal TimeLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+Red CardSecond Goal TimeTeams To ScoreTo Score a Hat-trickTotal Goals
Celtic v Benfica (19:45 BST)2.383.253.55101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+Red CardTo Score a Hat-trickTotal Goal MinutesTotal Goals
Dinamo Kiev v Lyon (19:45 BST)5.503.801.80101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+Red CardTo Score a Hat-trickTotal Goals
Lille v AEK Athens (19:45 BST)1.663.807.00101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+Red CardTo Score a Hat-trickTotal Goals
Man Utd v Copenhagen (19:45 BST)1.188.6025.00101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersCorners Match BetDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+Red CardSubstitutions UsedTo Score a Hat-trickTotal Goal MinutesTotal Goals
Porto v Hamburg (19:45 BST)2.003.504.50101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+Red CardTo Score a Hat-trickTotal Goals
Steaua Bucharest v Real Madrid (19:45 BST)5.453.401.90101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+To Score a Hat-trickTotal Goals
Wednesday 18 October 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Bordeaux v Liverpool (19:45 BST)3.253.202.55102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+To Score a Hat-trickTotal Goal MinutesTotal Goals
Chelsea v Barcelona (19:45 BST)2.663.253.05102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPenalty TakenPlayer To Score 2+To Score a Hat-trickTotal Goal MinutesTotal Goals
Galatasaray v PSV (19:45 BST)2.383.353.45101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Inter Milan v Spartak Moscow (19:45 BST)1.334.9014.50103% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+To Score a Hat-trickTotal Goals
Olympiakos v Roma (19:45 BST)2.753.352.84102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Sporting Lisbon v Bayern München (19:45 BST)3.403.302.46101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+To Score a Hat-trickTotal Goals
Valencia v Shaktar (19:45 BST)1.335.6014.00100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals
Werder Bremen v Levski Sofia (19:45 BST)1.257.0016.00101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer- - -Last GoalscorerCornersDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultHat-Trick ScoredLast Team to ScoreNext Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/UnderTotal Goals

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Huh, ManU best price - 1.18 (@ exchanges at that, and before commie). No matter how overwhelming favs they are considered to be, but unless copenhagen are travelling with just 9 men to chose from, at least a sporting tenner to lay the home side is a must.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006

Huh' date=' ManU best price - 1.18 (@ exchanges at that, and before commie). No matter how overwhelming favs they are considered to be, but unless copenhagen are travelling with just 9 men to chose from, at least a sporting tenner to lay the home side is a must.[/quote'] Nice reminding.:cheers

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 yeah, Tulenos, really funny price on ManUtd - although I dont expect any surprises in this one. Match were surprise is possible in my opinion is Inter v Spartak. Inter are real crap this season and even if they "have to" win this one, I would never back them in CL match against anyone @1.30 - and I guess this price is from betfair, havent checked though and won't. Crap manager, crap performance, crap team, although loads of individuals who can make the difference. Wont touch this even with the stick.

yeah, Tulenos, really funny price on ManUtd - although I dont expect any surprises in this one. Match were surprise is possible in my opinion is Inter v Spartak. Inter are real crap this season and even if they "have to" win this one, I would never back them in CL match against anyone @1.30 - and I guess this price is from betfair, havent checked though and won't. Crap manager, crap performance, crap team, although loads of individuals who can make the difference. Wont touch this even with the stick.
You may be surprised, Djordje, but the best price on Inter is from both SJ and Sky, BF's best @ 1.31;) Still unbackable, agreed.

yeah, Tulenos, really funny price on ManUtd - although I dont expect any surprises in this one. Match were surprise is possible in my opinion is Inter v Spartak. Inter are real crap this season and even if they "have to" win this one, I would never back them in CL match against anyone @1.30 - and I guess this price is from betfair, havent checked though and won't. Crap manager, crap performance, crap team, although loads of individuals who can make the difference. Wont touch this even with the stick.
İ'm in same think with you Djordje, but sometime must the player fight for own career.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Chelsea will almost sure be forced to start their third choice goalie on Wednesday - Petr Cech in no condition to play after skull injury on Saturday and Carlo Cudicini also ended in hospital unconscious so is also very unlikely to start. This third choice chap has not started in the Prem yet. Barca no mugs to warm-up against.

İ'm in same think with you Djordje' date=' but sometime must the player fight for own career.[/quote'] yeah, they have to fight for their money maybe, but I dont want to have anything with that :lol when it comes to Inter ;)

İ'm in same think with you Djordje' date=' but sometime must the player fight for own career.[/quote'] Hmm, that's all very nice, but @ such a low price I wouldn't risk much either;) Such a low price might be acceptable if everything was OK and the team was getting results @ ease.

Tuesday looks really good , first thoughts: Anderlecht, Benfica, Lyon (looks a banker), Lille, Coppenhagen, Porto, Real (this might suprise a few people but i think Real will win ). deeper thoughts later .
Anderlecht is good value, but I can never write Milan off in this competition. After average performance away to Lille, they will want to crank up the intensity and start looking towards the next phase. Look for Milan to take something away from Constant Vanden Stock. Benfica are hardly the best team in Portugal at this moment (running 4th), but they tend to do well in this competition. Celtic are clear leaders in Scotland and when one of your midfielders can nab a hat trick like Nakamura did on the weekend, the team morale would be tremendous. Anyone have any stats on Portuguese results at Celtic Park? 1.60 for Celtic DNB very encouraging for mine. Arsenal are lookin good in the prem but I don't know enough about CSKA to comment on that match. Lyon would def appear to be a banker, but what can we make of Kiev at this stage since they have conceded 9 goals in 2 matches... perhaps someone from Ukraine can comment as I am thinking Kiev would be looking to waterproof that leaky defence. Also as a side note, Lyon were quite ordinary on the weekend against St Etienne, Juninho scoring a sloppy late goal to get the points. Agreed Lille look good against AEK especially as AEK will be looking forward to the big Athens derby with Panathinaikos on the weekend, but what would appeal to me even more is the 1.55 for under 2.5 goals I can't see Copenhagen getting three points but perhaps the 8.60 for the draw represents some serious value. Sort of feels like a 'tie' bet in Baccarat :rollin Porto again agreed and good value available for them to win. Real Madrid, probably my best advice is to stay away from this fixture. Capello is trying to get the cogs in motion and I think he will succeed, but at present it is so hard to pick them for form as they lost on weekend to a very good Getafe outfit. On the other hand, they have only conceded 3 goals in 6 matches in the spanish league so they are heading in the right direction by fixing their defence. Bordeaux v Liverpool is another game where the under 2.5 goals appeals to me, my only concern is that Bordeaux are yet to find the net and are surely due a goal at some stage. Barcelona over 3's you don't get that very often. Messi and Ronny are really firing, both found the net against Sevilla on the weekend and it remains to be seen if Chelsea will field Cudicini or Hilario in goals as there is next to no chance that Cech will be available. If Hilario plays I think Barca can take 3 points. Galatasaray vs PSV I think its a shot in the dark, not much between them, PSV are not as clinical as last season with Hiddink at the helm, perhaps another under 2.5 If Inter want to have any chance of qualifying for next phase, 3 points is a must. Inter to grab the first goal. Roma to take something from Athens, Bayern to take something from Lisbon, Valencia to shake up Shakhtar and nothing more needs to be said about Werder Bremen.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Lyon -Dinamo Kiev-away win.I think Dinamo is no match for Lyon's football machine.i saw both teams playing against Steaua and the difference beetween them is very big. Lille-AEK -home win.i dont'think the greek team can put problems in France.Lille is far the team with better players so my bet will be Lille -home win Steaua-Real Madrid-away win.Real is not in good form but they will come in romania with only one thought-win against Steaua.The difference against those two teams is very big(value of the players , money) and if they eill win in Bucharest they will take a serious opsion for the qualifing.

Steaua-Real Madrid-away win.Real is not in good form but they will come in romania with only one thought-win against Steaua.The difference against those two teams is very big(value of the players , money) and if they eill win in Bucharest they will take a serious opsion for the qualifing.
I am glad that the one thought Real Madrid will have in their mind against Steaua - is to win. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't almost every team in the world go into matches thinking they should win?? If they don't think there is a chance of winning they shouldn't be in the competition. I think this debate about the value of the team has been flogged like a dead bull and it does not need to be raised again. If the value of the team had anything to do with winning football competitions Real Madrid should have won the Spanish league the last 3 years in a row.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Ok, Hilario will play it seems. But I do thing still we have a chance. A team isn't only made by GK and I think as long as our defensive line are performing well and do their job, I have a good feeling Chelsea could give us draw at least on the bag or maybe even more a win which is very possible In addition, I have a feeling since Chelsea playing 3rd Goalie, I can see a lot of punters will plunge and back Barca plus they beaten Sevilla 3 - 1 in the weekend and sometimes when the situation looks like this, Chelsea can be the winner. Anyway that is just a gut feeling. Squad wise, yes we look depleted but I think we just have enough squad power to nick in a tight win, say like 1 - 0 and we will want to play for it badly since next visit will be away at Nou Camp and I think Chelsea will be satisfied with a draw there.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 I like the odds from Centrebet for Steaua (0). Real hasnt benn playing this bad for a long time, also Cicinho out, Salgado out, Reyes out, Raul doubtfull, Cannavaro doubtfull, Emerson not accomodated yet and the last result in La Liga showed that Real is suffering at the moment. After the game at Kiev, everyone was very surprised about Steaua's result, including them but things didnt look so good after, both in CL and Liga I. Steaua will play without left defender Nesu, captain Radoi and striker Iacob, last 2 beeing long term injured. Stadium is sold out one month ago and the atmosphere will be very hot. I'd give Steaua 30% chances not to lose and i'll havee a small-medium stake on (0). Bet Steaua (0) odds 3.42 @ centrebet 4/10

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Uncoabis I like your optimism however even you yourself could admit, you would never tip against Chelsea :spank I agree the GK does not make the team but you can bet your bottom dollar that when Cech is in goals, the defence would be tremendously more confident than with Hilario, who has yet to debut even in the Premier League

Anyway that is just a gut feeling. Squad wise, yes we look depleted but I think we just have enough squad power to nick in a tight win, say like 1 - 0 and we will want to play for it badly since next visit will be away at Nou Camp and I think Chelsea will be satisfied with a draw there.
As opposed to most your other wins which usually dont end up a tight 1-0?? Chelsea aren't great, i have to say. They were very lucky to win against Reading, who pushed them well on Sat but yet again they somehow manage to get the result. Although it has to be said that they arent great to watch, and i think with the 2 goalies out and Hilario in, they will definately concede against a team like Barca. I might take the Barca win as i cant see Chelsea winning this one, although they might manage a draw.

archaeus I like the odds from Centrebet for Steaua (0). Real hasnt benn playing this bad for a long time, also Cicinho out, Salgado out, Reyes out, Raul doubtfull, Cannavaro doubtfull, Emerson not accomodated yet and the last result in La Liga showed that Real is suffering at the moment. After the game at Kiev, everyone was very surprised about Steaua's result, including them but things didnt look so good after, both in CL and Liga I. Steaua will play without left defender Nesu, captain Radoi and striker Iacob, last 2 beeing long term injured. Stadium is sold out one month ago and the atmosphere will be very hot. I'd give Steaua 30% chances not to lose and i'll havee a small-medium stake on (0).
Agree with you! Plus the weather won't be good and i'm not so sure Real Madrid are prepare for this trip after loosing to Getafe. Steaua will not make the same mistake like the match against Lyon. They will try to win this one and the only thing that looks dangerous for them is goalkeeper Carlos. :) Really!

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Personally don't know who to take or what to take on Tuesdat but on Wednseday, Valencia and Werder look good to back. Personally i think that Inter are having a horrible season and Mancini is on the edge of being sacked and i'm hoping he does. He is really a bad coach, Inter are full of great players and should be winning games. Inter have cost me in the past and never again will they do it to me.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Rui Costa and Giorgos Karagounis are out for Benfica. Thomas Gravesen, Craig Beattie and Mark Wilson are out for Celtic with doubts over Zurawski and McGeady. Celtic have plenty of back up this season so the injuries shouldn't be a problem. Strachan played a 4-5-1 on Saturday with Miller on the bench so maybe he was trying it out for the Benfica game. Nakamura had one of his poorest games for Celtic but still managed to score a hattrick and that will give his confidence a big boost for tomorrow's game. He's the best player in the team so if he's on form then Celtic will be playing well. icon_smile.gif Maloney will definitely start so if McGeady is out then you couldn't ask for a better replacement. Vennegoor of Hesselink isn't 100% but should be fit to start. Evander Sno replaced Gravesen for Saturday's game and he played really well. He's only 19 but he has really impressed since joining from Feyenoord. -----------------Boruc------------------- Telfer---Caldwell---McManus---Naylor --------------Sno-----Lennon----------- --Nakamura----Jarosik----Maloney--- ----------------Vennegoor-------------- ^^ That's the probable team. Miller/McGeady might start instead of Jarosik but that'll probably be the only change. Jarosik set up 2 goals on Saturday so it would be harsh to drop him. Biased Prediction: Celtic 1-0 Benfica

As opposed to most your other wins which usually dont end up a tight 1-0?? Chelsea aren't great, i have to say. They were very lucky to win against Reading
Your opinion is based on one game? Then i suppose Man Utd are pretty crap too considering they only managed a 1-1 draw against Reading.

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 Hi! What do you think about this two matches: FC Porto - HSV Hamburg |1| (half time or full time) 1.53 Dinamo Kiev - Olimpique Lyon |2| (half time or full time) 1.36 I think that Porto is better than HSV. They are 1st in portugeese league, HSV in german bundesliga in this moment don't have a win game, probably Kompany and Jarolim doesn't play in this match. Olimpique Lyon - they play in Ligue 1 very good and in the CL they winnig both game. Ukraina could be a hard place for the winning, but I think that little 0:1 or 0:2 could be real. Please for comments and sorry for my english :)

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 G.s - Psv I have read from todays newspapers that Eric Gerets will change the team formation,we have see that before in game with Bordeaux. Remember the game with Bordeaux no football,not position just share both team the points.But Psv sure the better team as Bordeaux, if G.s play just for one point i'm not sure that Psv contented with this result. X2 Away win / Draw

Re: Champions League 17/18 October 2006 CSKA Moscow v Arsenal I think this will be a very tight game, either 0-0 or 1-0 either way. CSKA have kept clean sheets in each of their last four european matches, and are yet to concede in this years competition. Arsenal are on a four match winning run in Europe and unbeaten in seven. Under 2.5 goals 10/10 @ 1.76 pinnacle Man Utd v Copenhagen Man Utd are in great form, they beat Wigan 3-1 away on Saturday and are top of the Premier League. Man Utd have won both their matches so far and are unbeaten in five. Copenhagen have one point and are yet to score in the Champions League. Ronaldo and Neville should return. Man Utd -1 10/10 @ 1.55 expekt