** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mansion $1000 Added League Series

robilaruk

Mansion $1000 Added League Series  

1. 1.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mansion $1000 Added League Series My earlier post had included a suggestion about qualification but I left it out when I realised it was probably too complicated to administer (involved already being a member when tournament announced and number of posts in the previous X number of days). agree with voiceofjoe - if none of the legs are freerolls it shouldn't attract any smash and grab merchants. also agree it's a good thing if the extra value turns the odd 'lurker' into an active member. :ok

Re: Mansion $1000 Added League Series

On subject of New Punters, a. Glad I've not got to decide who qualifies and who doesn't b. Surely you should be encouraging new Punters, not discouraging them and hope that some of them like what they see and keep coming back, and use the affiliated sites c.I think the $2 buy in will dissuade a lot of 'Password Pirates' anyway, as the value lies in the overall league, not the nightly tourney
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap i'd agree with this entirely :ok ......................... i really don't see there being a massive rush of people asking to get the password and then buggering off never to be seen again like you get in the freerolls.
d.How about make a prerequisite, something like they need to have participated in another focus game within the previous 6 days to be eligible for the points for that weeks Mansion League. That would mean they would have to have played in at least 8 PL Tourneys to win any of the League Prize Money - if they have done that they by end of 6 weeks they are going to be at least semi-regular visitors to the forum.
If there are going to be restrictions enforced i would make it an either/or situation .......... e.g. minimum number of posts or playing in a focus game in the last 7 days .................... as Damo pointed out quite a few members wouldn't necessarily qualify for by focus games alone .......................... myself included sometimes as i often go a week without playing one, then might play 3 in a row :D To be honest i really don't think there will be a problem with it being open to all members without restrictions.

Re: Mansion $1000 Added League Series I shouldn't think restrictions need to be half as severe as some seem to want. Surely part of the aim of this type of competiton is to attract new members to Punterslounge...I reckon the only rule should be that only members as of the day before the first game will be eligible to the prizes. This would allow current members to get friends to join in time to play, but would block the partycrashers who may turn up on the day. {and I am not being self centred here, wanting to get some friends into the tournament...'cos I ain't got no friends!}

Re: Mansion $1000 Added League Series then why password it? might as well be an open game surely? someone hears about it, posts one post and joins the games for the added value - plays the 6 tourneys and is never heard from again? lets not kid ourselves here - if you are a low buy in/freeroll password pirate then why not join and have a chance of winning another $500+ to your bankroll? there are likely to be around 30-50 players at most for each game, so your chances of winning are quite high compared to the normal freeroll/low buy-in MTT's which have hundreds or even thousands of players in most cases I can just see this being abused thats all I have no wish to make this a clique - far from it - but some common sense is needed IMHO damo

I shouldn't think restrictions need to be half as severe as some seem to want. Surely part of the aim of this type of competiton is to attract new members to Punterslounge...I reckon the only rule should be that only members as of the day before the first game will be eligible to the prizes. This would allow current members to get friends to join in time to play, but would block the partycrashers who may turn up on the day. {and I am not being self centred here, wanting to get some friends into the tournament...'cos I ain't got no friends!}

Re: Mansion $1000 Added League Series Have just opened a Mansion account. Would love to play ( and probably annoy my wife who already thinks I'm addicted to poker).:nana That said, I totally understand some of the posts here regarding whether someone has contributed enough to the forum to be eligible. I leave it to the powers that be to decide.:hope

Re: Mansion $1000 Added League Series

Seems cool. Ive just signed up with mansion' date=' can I take part in the league?[/quote'] :ok We haven't come up with solid qualification criteria yet, however I would expect most people who have posted on this thread to qualify without any problem :ok

Re: Mansion $1000 Added League Series Sounds good - ive had some money in Mansion for a while from winnings from the $500 added & World Cup tourneys but havnt played there for a month or so after losing patience when the software crashed a few times. Can anybody confirm if the software reliability has improved of late?

Re: Mansion $1000 Added League Series I've been playing on Mansion quite a lot the last 3 weeks and haven't had any problems with it. I don't know if that means it's improved but just saying :) Oh wait, that's lies. I have been disconnected from it a couple times for a couple minutes, but my wireless is pretty dodgy so I don't know if it was them or me.